Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

That reminds me of something funny. Anyone remember someone on here ' date=' who shall remain nameless for his sake, earlier this year saying that he'd rather have Carlos Tevez over Robin Van Persie?[/quote']

Was that me? Tevez is still a fantastic footballer in the same bracket as RVP. One's in form and one's not; simple.

Was that me? Tevez is still a fantastic footballer in the same bracket as RVP. One's in form and one's not; simple.

Yes.

It's not as simple as one being in form and one not being in form. Tevez refused to come on when his team needed him and has carried himself off since then with all the dignity of a monkey that's just been shot by a tranquilizer gun. RVP, on the other hand, has been incredible in a year where other big names at Arsenal have completely disappeared when needed. Not only is RVP a far superior player but a far superior human as well. I know who i'd rather have, even if others haven't quite worked it out yet.

Yes.

It's not as simple as one being in form and one not being in form. Tevez refused to come on when his team needed him and has carried himself off since then with all the dignity of a monkey that's just been shot by a tranquilizer gun. RVP' date=' on the other hand, has been incredible in a year where other big names at Arsenal have completely disappeared when needed. Not only is RVP a far superior player but a far superior human as well. I know who i'd rather have, even if others haven't quite worked it out yet.[/quote']

Very true, by the way Wenger says that he is ready to bring a full back on loan.

So what full back do you think we could get On Loan?

Our injuries keep topping up. We need the following in January:

A CB- Samba or Cahill.

Doubt we'd get either

A LB- I don't want Bridge' date=' so how about loaning Matthew Briggs (Fulham)?

[i']Don't know much about him but I've heard of him[/i]

A playmaker- Hazard, Gotze or Reus

Reus is the most realistic buy

A Striker- Podolski or Sow.

Both possible and would be good buys. If we buy Hazard which is unlikely then I doubt we'd buy Sow.

All the answers are like this thing.

Reus is playing tonight in the DFB Pokal for Monchengaldbach. May do a bit of scouting and watch that on a stream. His buy out clause is less than 15m and from what I've seen of him, that is extremely cheap )especially in modern football) because when he plays well, so do 'Gladbach.

Reus is playing tonight in the DFB Pokal for Monchengaldbach. May do a bit of scouting and watch that on a stream. His buy out clause is less than 15m and from what I've seen of him' date=' that is extremely cheap )especially in modern football) because when he plays well, so do 'Gladbach.[/quote']

I read a report the other day saying that the buy out clause doesn't become active until the summer 2012 window. Although that is the first time I've heard it mentioned so still think he will be available. Realistically I feel any team that purchase him will be paying more than what's been publicized as he's in no rush to leave and has recently said he is leaving it down to Gladbach and realistically he could see himself staying for another season. It might seem weird but I do want him to move to the premiership and feel Arsenal is the right club along with Liverpool and possibly Tottenham. Reus also rejected the storys that Bayern have made a bid and there CEO has come out and said he wouldn't mind picking up reus in a seasons time once he's a more experienced player. The only problem I see is Wenger spending that on him, but if you do pick him up he'd add alot of attacking options with him being able to play on both flanks, An advanced midfield role and up top if need be.