Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Has RVP signed a new contract yet? Or will he still be available to leave Arsenal soon?

If he hasn't signed yet' date=' you must offer him anything you can to get him to stay. [b']Arsenal should throw their contract policies in the bin and offer him the equivalent of what Eto'o earns if he wants it.[/b]

I can see you splashing a lot out on a forward in January, if RVP leaves / is injured then you are pretty much done for.

What a ridiculous statement. RVP's brilliant but NO player warrants those sort of wages. We're not Etihad. We can't simply throw away millions of pounds of other people's money. If those are his demands, which they won't be but hypothetically speaking, then he'd be sold and quite rightly.

What a ridiculous statement. RVP's brilliant but NO player warrants those sort of wages. We're not Etihad. We can't simply throw away millions of pounds of other people's money. If those are his demands' date=' which they won't be but hypothetically speaking, then he'd be sold and quite rightly.[/quote']

Well I stand by it, times are changing and players are earning more and more. Arsenal have worked wonders, achieving great finishes on a small budget, however I think they should take an exception to RVP as losing him would hurt far more than losing Fabregas or Nasri did.

On another note, when is Wilshere due to return, I've missed his performances in the PL?

Well I stand by it' date=' times are changing and players are earning more and more. Arsenal have worked wonders, achieving great finishes on a small budget, however I think they should take an exception to RVP as losing him would hurt far more than losing Fabregas or Nasri did.

On another note, when is Wilshere due to return, I've missed his performances in the PL?[/quote']

I'm confident he will sign a new contract , really confident ! And Wilshere should be back , Mid-February ! Can't wait to see him and Sagna back ! :( Seen Sagna training today , open session at Emirates , seen it on Sky ! Not full training though , he was running around the pitch with Djorou !

Gibbs out for another month' date=' just great!

We need to loan out a Full back![/quote']

I don't want Wayne Bridge though. Experienced yes, but I'd actually rather buy somebody permanently, or loan a better LB. Bridge has been out of favour for far too long to come straight into first team action and do a good shift for us in my opinion.

I'd like to sign one of the following LB's:

Matthew Briggs (on loan or permanently- looks like Kyle Walker. Great attacking full back)

Leighton Baines (permanently- Everton are in money trouble after all)

Filip Daems (permanently- playing very well in his 'Gladbach side)

Diego Contento (on loan- out of favour at Munich, but a good talented 21 year old to have in our side at LB)

I don't want Wayne Bridge though. Experienced yes' date=' but I'd actually rather buy somebody permanently, or loan a better LB. Bridge has been out of favour for far too long to come straight into first team action and do a good shift for us in my opinion.

Matthew Briggs (on loan or permanently- looks like Kyle Walker. Great attacking full back)

Diego Contento (on loan- out of favour at Munich, but a good talented 21 year old to have in our side at LB)[/quote']

I'd never want Wayne Bridge! Wenger admits he might need to loan out a left back so don't be surpirsed if we do.

I don't want Wayne Bridge though. Experienced yes' date=' but I'd actually rather buy somebody permanently, or loan a better LB. Bridge has been out of favour for far too long to come straight into first team action and do a good shift for us in my opinion.

Diego Contento (on loan- out of favour at Munich, but a good talented 21 year old to have in our side at LB)[/quote']

We won't sign any on them. If we do, then it'd mean the end of Gibbs in all likelihood.

I don't see Fergie or Mancini saying to his players to send Christmas messages while dressed as Santa (unless Mario Balotelli has got a few notes to spare) :D Shows what a down to Earth team we are. Wenger was a let down though- no Santa suit!

Clearly not looking hard enough B)

bBLdmPtYjRY

and individual messages from all the players here and here ;)

Why don't we sign David Beckham while we're at it?!

If we did re-sign Henry on loan, then that to me would indicate Wenger still has some faith in Chamakh/Park, god help us. No, we need someone in their mid twenties and approaching their peak to at least force one of the aforementioned dofusses to leave.