Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Why don't we sign David Beckham while we're at it?!

If we did re-sign Henry on loan' date=' then that to me would indicate Wenger still has some faith in Chamakh/Park, god help us. No, we need someone in their mid twenties and approaching their peak to at least force one of the aforementioned dofusses to leave.[/quote']

I mean if he was gonna sign Henry on loan and not bring a new forward perm basis then we have a problem.

OK, so we need a striker on a permanent basis, but Henry is an Arsenal legend, and what is wrong with bringing legends back to the club? OK, he is 34 and past it a bit, but having seen him in the MLS, he is still sharp and can finish still. He'd probably only warm the bench, but what an addition to have. Gervinho and Chamakh will be out for January and February at the African Cup of Nations, so we need to add forwards, because we'll only have Park and RVP. Park will be leaving in a few seasons anyway, when he goes off to do military work in Korea. Henry is still class, despite his age, and would be a welcome addition to our squad. I don't think any Arsenal fan would not want the legend back.

Incase you still don't want Henry back, here is his record for Arsenal:

• Appearances: 370

• Goals: 226

• Premier League titles: Two

• FA Cups: Three

• PFA Player of the Year awards: Two

• Premier League top scorer: Four times

• First goal: v Southampton in September 1999

Despite his age, Henry still scores about 1 in every 2 games for NY in the MLS. Not bad these stats, are they?!

Incase you still don't want Henry back' date=' here is his record for Arsenal:

• Appearances: 370

• Goals: 226

• Premier League titles: Two

• FA Cups: Three

• PFA Player of the Year awards: Two

• Premier League top scorer: Four times

• First goal: v Southampton in September 1999

Despite his age, Henry still scores about 1 in every 2 games for NY in the MLS. Not bad these stats, are they?![/quote']

MrGoals , you are pathetic !

What? Why are people against Henry' date=' and indeed me? He's a legend, so why don't people want him back?[/quote']

Because he's a temporary solution when you need a permanent one. Add to that he's half the player he was previously at Arsenal and probably not the best stop-gap option on the market. Best to leave his legacy IMO.

Because he's a temporary solution when you need a permanent one. Add to that he's half the player he was previously at Arsenal and probably not the best stop-gap option on the market. Best to leave his legacy IMO.

OK, I get what you all want. Yes, we need a permanent striker- especially if Chamakh and Arshavin leave and Gervinho is going to the African Cup of Nations. But since when does Wenger go and spend? We need to, but I think he'd rather not spend. I don't mean to talk Henry up, but I would love to see him play again for us, as well as signing a permanent striker. Trouble is the strikers we want (Podolski, Sow, etc) are linked to other clubs, who will probably be willing to spend more than us.

OK' date=' I get what you all want. Yes, we need a permanent striker- especially if Chamakh and Arshavin leave and Gervinho is going to the African Cup of Nations. But since when does Wenger go and spend? We need to, but I think he'd rather not spend. I don't mean to talk Henry up, but I would love to see him play again for us, as well as signing a permanent striker. Trouble is the strikers we want (Podolski, Sow, etc) are linked to other clubs, who will probably be willing to spend more than us.[/quote']

The only other teams that want Podolski are Dortmund, Schalke and Liverpool and im confident we can beat Liverpool to him.

At the end of the day' date=' Podolski is, of course, German and so Schalke or Dortmund would be easier for him, rather than a change of culture and playing style if he moved to England.[/quote']

Like I said he has turned down Dortmund before and already mocked them. He also said he wants to move to a big club, we are bigger than Schalke and Dortmund. Schalke is possible but we can offer more than them easily and I could also say he wants a better challenge in a different country.

Like I said he has turned down Dortmund before and already mocked them. He also said he wants to move to a big club' date=' we are bigger than Schalke and Dortmund. [b']Schalke is possible but we can offer more than them easily and I could also say he wants a better challenge in a different country.[/b]

But will we want to? We never spend big usually, we just sell big. I hope Wenger realises we need a second striker to RVP and splashes the cash, as well as bringing Henry back on loan as a 3rd or 4th choice forward.

But will we want to? We never spend big usually' date=' we just sell big. [/b']I hope Wenger realises we need a second striker to RVP and splashes the cash, as well as bringing Henry back on loan as a 3rd or 4th choice forward.

This has always been bought up in the past too, I dont know if we will ever change that. Im hoping we can at least spend to bring in stars like Podolski and Gotze but I cant see it happening for Gotze. Wenger will most likely look in Ligue 1.

This has always been bought up in the past too' date=' I dont know if we will ever change that. Im hoping we can at least spend to bring in stars like Podolski and Gotze but I cant see it happening for Gotze. [b']Wenger will most likely look in Ligue 1. [/b]

Or look for French players anywhere in the world . I was watching the 3rd division in New Zealand , there's this really good CF , he's french , 35 years old .. and we won't have to pay more than 2 million ! No , really , joke apart , I hope we get Podolski , although Wenger denied any interest in him , I'm hopeful! What concerns Goetze , come on ? Really ? Stop dreaming lads !

Or look for French players anywhere in the world . I was watching the 3rd division in New Zealand ' date=' there's this really good CF , he's french , 35 years old .. and we won't have to pay more than 2 million ! No , really , joke apart , I hope we get Podolski , [b']although Wenger denied any interest in him[/b] , I'm hopeful! What concerns Goetze , come on ? Really ? Stop dreaming lads !

Probably is going for him but not giving anything away.

Or look for French players anywhere in the world . I was watching the 3rd division in New Zealand ' date=' there's this really good CF , he's french , 35 years old .. and we won't have to pay more than 2 million ![/b'] No , really , joke apart , I hope we get Podolski , although Wenger denied any interest in him , I'm hopeful! What concerns Goetze , come on ? Really ? Stop dreaming lads !

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is starved of his Saturday football! I was watching the SPL- you know you're bored when you watch that. Worse than the Conference!

We could get Podolski or Reus. I'm sure 20m would do it, which would be raised or helped to be funded if we sell Chamakh and Arshavin.

I don't think we'll get Hazard or Gotze. We'd need to spend 40m plus, which is not our style.

I hope Henry comes back on loan for a bit of back up while Gervinho and Chamakh are away in Africa. His loan would probably only be that long anyway, since the new MLS season would start shortly after the African Cup Of Nations ends.

I was being sarcastic by the way ' date=' I'm hoping you are too .. Seriously , I'm really hoping you are being sarcastic ![/quote']

I know you were being sarcastic! I watched 5 mins and switched off. Boring! Pub football could match the SPL for entertainment (it isn't great)!