Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

ahahahaha....:/ Thing is we have more clean sheets than Chelsea! and apparently we're in a defensive crisis.

I was referring to the injuries. And if I was Wenger, I would be considering giving Park and their current strikers more chances to make a name for themselves. This is far a better option than re-signing Henry for the sake of making a few fans happy and the possibility he will end his career with a mediocre 2 month spell where he doesn't contribute anything but to warm the bench for everyone else ;)

ahahahaha....:/ Thing is we have more clean sheets than Chelsea! and apparently we're in a defensive crisis.

But you kind of are in a defensive crisis really. The only reason why you have more clean sheets than Chelsea is because of the goalkeepers. Szczesny is really good compared to Cech who's been awful this season

Chelsea:

Cech: Not good this season

Bosingwa/Ivanovic: Average at best this season.

Terry: Good

Luiz: Can't defend to save his life!

A. Cole: Good (unfortunatley for us)!

Arsenal:

Szczesny: Excellent

Sagna: Doing well

Vermaelen/Koscielny: Excellent

Per: Slow, but adds experience and height to our back 4.

Santos: Unfortunate with injury. Was developing well.

Overall, Arsenal has a better defence than Chelsea.

But you kind of are in a defensive crisis really. The only reason why you have more clean sheets than Chelsea is because of the goalkeepers. Szczesny is really good compared to Cech who's been awful this season

Incorrect. Our centre backs are superior, far superior in fact, to Chelsea's.

I was referring to the injuries. And if I was Wenger' date=' I would be considering giving Park and their current strikers more chances to make a name for themselves. This is far a better option than re-signing Henry for the sake of making a few fans happy and the possibility he will end his career with a mediocre 2 month spell where he doesn't contribute anything but to warm the bench for everyone else ;)[/quote']

Great, well it looks like we've been coping well with the injures. Also in regards to Park and Chamakh, Chamakh simply isnt cutting it and everyone knows he'll go soon. He has quite a few chances. The great thing is, we make no loss when selling him. Park didnt cost much either and will be off in 2 years anyway. Also the reason why they cant make a name for themselves is because RvP is simply the talisman at the club now and we only play one striker. Also I doubt the weight will be rested on a 34 yr old legend to fix our striking problem, the better option is looking for a new striker who can score the goals when RvP needs resting such as Podolski who can also play on the wing.

I would still like Henry to come back and make a few more appearances, as well as sign Podolski. Park may be given chances over Christmas to New Year, since RVP may be rested for Wolves or QPR, since there isn't a lot of time for recovery, and because QPR and Wolves are average, we may experiment. I hope so- I would like to see more of Park.

Haven't actually said this- merry Christmas everyone.

Incorrect. Our centre backs are superior' date=' far superior in fact, to Chelsea's.[/quote']

Yes, I would rather have any Arsenal defender than David Luiz :D

Great' date=' well it looks like we've been coping well with the injures. Also in regards to Park and Chamakh, Chamakh simply isnt cutting it and everyone knows he'll go soon. He has quite a few chances. The great thing is, we make no loss when selling him. Park didnt cost much either and will be off in 2 years anyway. Also the reason why they cant make a name for themselves is because RvP is simply the talisman at the club now and we only play one striker. Also I doubt the weight will be rested on a 34 yr old legend to fix our striking problem, the better option is looking for a new striker who can score the goals when RvP needs resting such as Podolski who can also play on the wing.[/color']

I suppose you do need another striker and Podolski isn't too bad, don't know if Arsenal will actually sign them.

Yes' date=' [b']I would rather have any Arsenal defender than David Luiz [/b]:D

I suppose you do need another striker and Podolski isn't too bad, don't know if Arsenal will actually sign them.

And Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Boswinga. It's been a while since you could say Arsenal have the better defence but that's definitely the case.

That's an understatement.

And that's relevant because...?

In all honesty if that 8-2 hadn't happened Arsenal would have a better GD, they still have a betted defence at the moment. I mean come on, David Luiz (who's more use as a ball-boy) being able to get into their back 4 just sums them their defence up. Not that Arsenal's defence is that great either ;)

Would love us to sign Henry on loan. Would be a great lift to fans' date=' players, and someone better than Park/Chamakh.

Still hope to sign Podolski aswell. :)[/quote']

Same here. Henry's arrival would lift the place and the players can learn a lot from his experience.

Podolski would be an excellent signing and a great partner/back up to RVP.

Reus could also be bought from money raised by selling Arshavin and/or Chamakh. He looks ace.

Doubt we'll sign Hazard or Gotze for 40m+ though.

Same here. Henry's arrival would lift the place and the players can learn a lot from his experience.

Podolski would be an excellent signing and a great partner/back up to RVP.

Reus could also be bought from money raised by selling Arshavin and/or Chamakh. He looks ace.

Doubt we'll sign Hazard or Gotze for 40m+ though.

Yeah true.

On Twitter #FrimmyFacts has been trending and it does have some Chuck Norris Styled Facts! Frimpong=Football Chuck Norris?

In all honesty if that 8-2 hadn't happened Arsenal would have a better GD' date=' they still have a betted defence at the moment. I mean come on, David Luiz (who's more use as a ball-boy) being able to get into their back 4 just sums them their defence up. Not that Arsenal's defence is that great either ;)[/quote']

In the same respect though, if the 5-3 win at Chelsea hadn't occurred then the GD would again look completely different. I'm not doubting that currently Arsenal have a better defence, but you can't just look at current form when considering who overall has the better defence.

The debate wasn't about depth .. it was about the quality !

What happens when your quality players get injured, as they all too often do at Arsenal? Sagna's out so you've got some League 1 standard kid playing RB... until he got injured. Selling all of your depth (Eboue!) off killed your defence in the early stages of the season as they were inexperienced and teams, particularly United, walked all over them.

Quality won't win you anything. You need both quality and the strength in depth to compete.

What happens when your quality players get injured' date=' as they all too often do at Arsenal? Sagna's out so you've got some League 1 standard kid playing RB... until he got injured. Selling all of your depth (Eboue!) off killed your defence in the early stages of the season as they were inexperienced and teams, particularly United, walked all over them.

Quality won't win you anything. You need both quality and the strength in depth to compete.[/quote']

But the depth thing wasn't the fight in the first place.....

What happens when your quality players get injured' date=' as they all too often do at Arsenal? Sagna's out so you've got some League 1 standard kid playing RB... until he got injured. Selling all of your depth (Eboue!) off killed your defence in the early stages of the season as they were inexperienced and teams, particularly United, walked all over them.

Quality won't win you anything. You need both quality and the strength in depth to compete.[/quote']

Once again , that wasn't the topic of the debate .