Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

But the depth thing wasn't the fight in the first place.....
Once again ' date=' that wasn't the topic of the debate .[/quote']

The debate was whether Chelsea's defence or Arsenal's defence was better. If Arsenal's first choices are better but often not all fit and the reserves are terrible, then Chelsea have reason to suggest they have a better defence. Similar to how you're just looking at the back 5 when I'd suggest Chelsea's midfield aid their defence much more than Arsenal's do theirs.

Yeah true.

On Twitter #FrimmyFacts has been trending and it does have some Chuck Norris Styled Facts! Frimpong=Football Chuck Norris?

My favourite one:

Frimpong drinks Diesel cos he is a tank!

Others include:

• When Frimpong gets pulled over' date=' the police are lucky to get away without a ticket
    [*']Frimpong is the ghetto's Santa Claus
  • Frimpong Uses battery acid as shower gel after every game
  • Frimpong shouted dench at an onion and it cried
  • Frimpong can win a game of connect 4 in only 3 moves

RVP:

Just lost 5-0 with FIFA 12 from my 5 year old son is this normal guys... # advicemorethanwelcome

Tweeted him, don't know what your doing wrong, he'll just go in a paddy if you win. I said, just do the business on the pitch not on the game #34andcounting !

Koscielny and Vermaelen are. Chelsea have the better strength in depth.

They do?

Bowsinga, Alex and Luiz cant defend, Terrys been pretty poor aswell recently. And they have no cover for Cole.

I dont think either have the depth personally. But Arsenal have the better defence (Bar LB)

Koscielny and Vermaelen are. Chelsea have the better strength in depth.

Mertesacker's been capped 80 odd times for Germany' date=' hardly a bad player to have in reserve. Compare him to Chelsea's back up cb, Luiz, then who would you rather have? Gotta be Merte for me. Then Alex versus Djourou, obviously you'd give it to Alex but he's on his way out in January. After that, we have Miguel who's done well so far, even though he's played mainly out of position. Looking at that, Chelsea don't have the better strength in depth at all.

What happens when your quality players get injured, as they all too often do at Arsenal? Sagna's out so you've got some League 1 standard kid playing RB... until he got injured. Selling all of your depth (Eboue!) off killed your defence in the early stages of the season as they were inexperienced and teams, particularly United, walked all over them.

Quality won't win you anything. You need both quality and the strength in depth to compete.

You're being a tad hard on Jenkinson. He didn't have a good start but he bounced back excellently after that. I'd rather him then that melonhead, Eboue.

I agree with that last line though. Wenger's squads have never had enough depth, even going back to the invincibles and beyond.

Interest in Biglia from Arsenal confirmed by his Agent ..

Hes a good player with a lot of skill but Im not sure whether he would fit into the arsenal team and he would take a while to fit into the pace of the premier league

We dont need him anyway , Would rather get rid of the useless lump diaby first :P

Would rather see us getting a LB in as cover and a forward since chamakh cant do nowt :)

Been laughing my way through the last few pages.

Terry' date=' Alex, Ivanovic, Cole>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Any Arsenal defender[/quote']

Terry - A player in decline

Alex - So good that AVB is going to sell him

Ivanovic - Not heard a lot of good news about him this season

Cole - A player that is alright, better than our options atm, but has the personality of an idiot.

Terry - A player in decline

Alex - So good that AVB is going to sell him

Ivanovic - Not heard a lot of good news about him this season

Cole - A player that is alright' date=' [b']better than our options atm[/b], but has the personality of an idiot.

Would you say he's better then Santos? Not sure i would. A brilliant player in his pomp but i'd put him in a John Terry bracket or not far off.