Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

"I hope I will stay here (Barcelona) for a very long time, and maybe even retire here, but why not? In life, you can never say never, and if there is one place to go back to, it is Arsenal for sure."

I think Cesc sums it up here. He wants to stay at Barca for the rest of his career, but if things don't work out, he'd perhaps come back to us. Wouldn't happen for years yet anyway- we're talking at least 7 years before he even can consider his future at Barca, given his age when at this time.

What we do need to worry about in the immediate future is keeping RVP (which we could probably do if we bring in a couple of signings to show our ambition). If we could sign Reus and Podolski, as well as bring in Gotze or Hazard (although this would be costly), it may persuade RVP to stay.

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

A man who we could afford:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1402/94/wenger-ready-step-interest-brazilian-starlet

I like the look of Casemiro, but I can't help but compare him to Denilson (who was once a hot Brazilian prospect) and Denilson flopped and so Casemiro could do the same (although he currently looks a good prospect- but it doesn't necessarily mean he'll turn into a great player).

A man who we could afford:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1402/94/wenger-ready-step-interest-brazilian-starlet

I like the look of Casemiro' date=' but I can't help but compare him to Denilson (who was once a hot Brazilian prospect) and Denilson flopped and so Casemiro could do the same (although he currently looks a good prospect- but it doesn't necessarily mean he'll turn into a great player).[/quote']

I'd like to see people who could give a good impact atm because we need it

although he looks pretty cool.

Gotze recently said he would prefer a move to Spain over the Premier League because it suits his style more. We have no chance even if he desired a move to us. He would cost too much for us.

It's not impossible even if it will cost us a lot. 50m or 80m I'd still like him to come. I also think that our style would suit how he plays as well as he could easily have fit the holes that Cesc left behind.

• Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas will be given £150m to spend on the likes of Edinson Cavani and Marek Hamsik

We lose.. :( forever newbies.

We're linked to Pato and Casemiro these few days. Let's just keep our finger crossed until we really sign a big name (and nobody good leaves), higher hopes higher disappointments, as always.

Manager already ruled us out for the title, probably will just troll around in the window then sign nobody, aiming only for another top 4 finish. That's the script we've been using for many seasons. Might need to change the manager and board to change that fact, or unless the fans at Emirates start rioting when we fall out of big 4.

We knew that all along.. but Wenger did not do it. Is RVP enough to convince Mr. Wenger to change? Or will he continue to groom stars that will leave sooner or later' date=' and rather take the 30M fee and wish RVP best of future endeavours like what he did with Cesc and Nasri. He had money to sign star players at that point too, or at least the media and board said so.

I wish he'll change, at least to a serious title contender and not trolling around at 3rd or 4th and being happy with that. The[b'] gay [/b]board even said no european is fine at the start of the season, really need to st** those guys.

That word used to be censored before i came along.

EDIT: Gay is not an insult. Don't be ignorant.

"I hope I will stay here (Barcelona) for a very long time' date=' and maybe even retire here, but why not? In life, you can never say never, and if there is one place to go back to, it is Arsenal for sure."

I think Cesc sums it up here. He wants to stay at Barca for the rest of his career, but if things don't work out, he'd perhaps come back to us. Wouldn't happen for years yet anyway- we're talking at least 7 years before he even can consider his future at Barca, given his age when at this time.

What we do need to worry about in the immediate future is keeping RVP (which we could probably do if we bring in a couple of signings to show our ambition). If we could sign Reus and Podolski, as well as bring in Gotze or Hazard (although this would be costly), it may persuade RVP to stay.[/quote']

We seem to be the only one that are really interested in Podolski so he should be easy to buy. Reus should be too Bayer have chosen not to buy him at the moment so if we want him we should try now. Gotze and hazard I'm getting a bit tired of talking about them.We are still linked to M'vila but I don't think he's worth buying because we have Frimpong and Song. I'm surprised we aren't linked to any Left back atm I would have thought the press would have came up with a bad lie by now!

Guest Hazard103

We seem to be the only one that are really interested in Podolski so he should be easy to buy. Reus should be too Bayer have chosen not to buy him at the moment so if we want him we should try now. Gotze and hazard I'm getting a bit tired of talking about them.We are still linked to M'vila but I don't think he's worth buying because we have Frimpong and Song. I'm surprised we aren't linked to any Left back atm I would have thought the press would have came up with a bad lie by now!

But M'vila also wants to join Madrid.

I'm guessing Wenger "targetting" for M'Vila is because somebody good is leaving, could be Song, Ramsey or Coquelin. This has been the pattern so no denying it. Still he is about 20-25M region, it is hard to imagine Wenger will do that. Casemiro is 10M thus being linked.

Gotze and Hazard are strictly a FM fantasy. Would you believe a man who refused to pay a few million more for Mata's clause, will sign Gotze or Hazard for double the price? Haha! Stop getting scammed my fellow gooners, Wenger is smiling because the fans are "appeased" just by imaginary signings.

Top 5 goalscorers :

Van Persie 20

Walcott 4

Benayoun 3

Vermaelen 3

Arteta

Imo , we should start Bena more , every single time he has played he looked really energic and has played really well !

Most Assists :

Gervinho 7

Song 6

Ramsey 5

Walcott 5

Van Persie 5

Walcott's statistic are grand really , I don't know why I dislike him so much :( . 4 Goals and 5 statistics ain't too shabby! I still hope we get Hazard and drop Theo on the bench !

All the results today have been going our way , apart from united ! Chelsea drew , Liverpool drew and City drew , we have to make sure we win tomorrow !

Top 5 goalscorers :

Van Persie 20

Walcott 4

Benayoun 3

Vermaelen 3

Arteta

Imo ' date=' we should start Bena more , every single time he has played he looked really energic and has played really well !

[center']Most Assists :

Gervinho 7

Song 6

Ramsey 5

Walcott 5

Van Persie 5[/center]

Walcott's statistic are grand really , I don't know why I dislike him so much :( . 4 Goals and 5 statistics ain't too shabby! I still hope we get Hazard and drop Theo on the bench !

All the results today have been going our way , apart from united ! Chelsea drew , Liverpool drew and City drew , we have to make sure we win tomorrow !

Because quite often he is barely noticeable when we need him the most. Also I couldnt give a damn about Man City and Utds results. All we need to focus on is Chelsea and Liverpool. We're a long way off the others. Who I am proud of when it comes to assists is Song and Ramsey. Song has improved and Ramsey is looking good. Benayoun isnt bad either for a loan.

Because quite often he is barely noticeable when we need him the most. Also I couldnt give a damn about Man City and Utds results. All we need to focus on is Chelsea and Liverpool. We're a long way off the others. Who I am proud of when it comes to assists is Song and Ramsey. Song has improved and Ramsey is looking good. Benayoun isnt bad either for a loan.

Song is one of the best players at Arsenal and in top 5 defensive midfielders in the world ..

You don't need to focus on Liverpool' date=' you shouldn't care about sides who will finish below the top 10. :)[/quote']

Haha but still there are plenty of games to go and I refuse to underestimate you lot. No way will you end below the top 10. Ive said it again and again to myself though that you need to channel the same energy in matches against these teams that you do against the top teams.

Guest Hazard103

Top 5 goalscorers :

Van Persie 20

Walcott 4

Benayoun 3

Vermaelen 3

Arteta

Imo ' date=' we should start Bena more , every single time he has played he looked really energic and has played really well !

[center']Most Assists :[/center]

Gervinho 7

Song 6

Ramsey 5

Walcott 5

Van Persie 5

I agree I actually wanna sign Benayoun on but maybe he is too old lol. But City are aready considering to buy Hazard why would tthey do that? They have a strong attack and midfiled, god I hate all these rich clubs spending to much lol, keep it reasonable. Although I reckon for Eden that Arsenal is the best option.