• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

This weekend I think we've seen why Utd will win the title:

Liverpool should be beating Blackburn at home

City should be beating West Brom

Chelsea should be beating Fulham at home

We should be beating Wolves at home

They are just the best at getting 3 points in games, even if they don't deserve to win. I mean look at these 1-0's:

Everton (a)

Sunderland (h)

Swansea (a)

Villa (a)

Games in which they struggled in, but still found a way to win. I think that is the difference and why we haven't won a trophy in yonks.

They are just the best at getting 3 points in games' date=' even if they don't deserve to win. I mean look at these 1-0's:

Everton (a)

Sunderland (h)

Swansea (a)

Villa (a)

Games in which they struggled in, but still found a way to win. I think that is the difference and why we haven't won a trophy in yonks.[/quote']

yeh and weve beaten all of them also man city have only lost one.

They are just the best at getting 3 points in games' date=' even if they don't deserve to win. I mean look at these 1-0's:

Everton (a)

Sunderland (h)

Swansea (a)

Villa (a)

Games in which they struggled in, but still found a way to win. I think that is the difference and why we haven't won a trophy in yonks.[/quote']

Fergie must go to Ireland a lot then.

It was a (bad) joke.

No comment.

So it looks like we're getting Henry back on loan, but yet to be confirmed.

If we can't get Podolski, how about signing Jelavic from Rangers? I know he is unproven at this level, but he's a good goal scorer and Rangers would probably sell for around the £7m mark because they want to sign other players in other positions. He's worth considering at least.

So it looks like we're getting Henry back on loan' date=' but yet to be confirmed.

If we can't get Podolski, [b']how about signing Jelavic from Rangers[/b]? I know he is unproven at this level, but he's a good goal scorer and Rangers would probably sell for around the £7m mark because they want to sign other players in other positions. He's worth considering at least.

Do we want another Chamakh/Bendtner? Nowhere near good enough.

So it looks like we're getting Henry back on loan' date=' but yet to be confirmed.

If we can't get Podolski, how about signing Jelavic from Rangers? I know he is unproven at this level, but he's a good goal scorer and Rangers would probably sell for around the £7m mark because they want to sign other players in other positions. He's worth considering at least.[/quote']

Why not Samaras , he's a great player ?? Or maybe Michael Owen ? And we need someone at the back , Jonathan Woodgate would be fantastic ...

You people have got to wake up , smell the coffee , and stop making stupid suggestions ...

Why not Samaras ' date=' he's a great player ?? Or maybe Michael Owen ? And we need someone at the back , Jonathan Woodgate would be fantastic ...

You people have got to wake up , smell the coffee , and stop making stupid suggestions ...[/quote']

Many suggestions are stupid, even at the other side of the scale. There is noway we can compete finanically with other clubs to bring in Gotze's or Hazard's for 30million.

I'm never happy with Arsenal transfer windows.

Many suggestions are stupid' date=' even at the other side of the scale.[b'] There is noway we can compete finanically [/b]with other clubs to bring in Gotze's or Hazard's for 30million.

I'm never happy with Arsenal transfer windows.

Well, actually, we could but we don't want to. No doubt the board and Wenger will be feeling the pinch after Christmas.

Many suggestions are stupid' date=' even at the other side of the scale. There is noway we can compete finanically with other clubs to bring in Gotze's or Hazard's for 30million.

I'm never happy with Arsenal transfer windows.[/quote']

Given Arsenal's cash reserves of something along the lines of £150 Million then you can afford either of the two players above,the reason you don't buy these type of players is that you offer backup players like Bendtner,Chamakh,Benayoun,Squillaci,Djorou and Rosicky too much money for what there abilitys are worth,if they were all on around 10k p/w less then it'd free up the money to buy a big name player.

Why not Samaras ' date=' he's a great player ?? Or maybe Michael Owen ? And we need someone at the back , Jonathan Woodgate would be fantastic ...

You people have got to wake up , smell the coffee , and stop making stupid suggestions ...[/quote']

Isn't it our style though to sign players like Jelavic, develop them, and then sell them for profit? I think Podolski or Sow is 50/50 at best, and we could easily afford players like Jelavic. He is unproven at this level yes, but he is cheap if we can't find what we need in the market come January. He would be reserve on the shortlist if we don't get Podolski or Sow.