Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Given Arsenal's cash reserves of something along the lines of £150 Million then you can afford either of the two players above' date='the reason you don't buy these type of players is that you offer backup players like Bendtner,Chamakh,Benayoun,Squillaci,Djorou and Rosicky too much money for what there abilitys are worth,if they were all on around 10k p/w less then it'd free up the money to buy a big name player.[/quote']

Wenger prefers to make the star than to buy the star. Some of our players are on stupid wages, but we also refuse to pay stupidly high wage amounts like other clubs. Yes you could make the fringe players have less wages to have a star player on more wages. I just don't think under Wenger, we will ever see a star player buy. I hope for something amazing every window.

• Replies 59k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Isn't it our style though to sign players like Jelavic' date=' develop them, and then sell them for profit? I think Podolski or Sow is 50/50 at best, and we could easily afford players like Jelavic. He is unproven at this level yes, but he is cheap if we can't find what we need in the market come January. He would be reserve on the shortlist if we don't get Podolski or Sow.[/quote']

Hmm, But I don't think this is the right time to buy him. We need a proven striker who can score goals at this level. We know Podolski can because he's scored over 40 goals for Germany and Sow kind of because he's scored about 25 goals last season. Atm this isn't the right time to bring Jelavic cause it's too risky imo.

Isn't it our style though to sign players like Jelavic' date=' develop them, and then sell them for profit?[/b'] I think Podolski or Sow is 50/50 at best, and we could easily afford players like Jelavic. He is unproven at this level yes, but he is cheap if we can't find what we need in the market come January. He would be reserve on the shortlist if we don't get Podolski or Sow.

Tbh I cant think of any players Wenger has bought in the last 10 years (Hleb and Nasri aside) who fall into this category.

Dont get me wrong, he is able to 'develop' young talent and sell them for profit, but by using Jelavic as your example ( a player who is not a 'youth' and who is doing well in another league ) it appears to me that the only players he has bought who had been doing well in another league, who were not 'youth prospect's and who he sold on for a profit were Hleb and Nasri.

So I dont think you can claim it to be "our style" when there are only minimal (2) examples of this happening over the last 10/11 years.

That's because i speak the truth. If you're going to agree with someone all the time' date=' you may as well make it me[/b'].
2-1 or 1-0 to Birmingham.. we just aren't tough enough to beat them.
Funny. we were "tough" enough to beat them at St Andrews despite the violence of Jerome' date=' Bowyer and Johnson. Seriously, get a grip.[/quote']

We cant all be perfect;):D

If you want to have the best diver in the Premiership then sign Jellylegs.

He's made diving an art form. Not only in his poetic falls from grace but also his facial expressions and mannerisms.

Dare I say it, and I don't use these words lightly, but he is world class... at diving.

p.s. Haven't you got a current ex-SPL player playing regularly in your starting 11...?

I didn't count on our two current best players stuffing up at the worst possible moment. And i also didn't count on how afraid we are to win things. I don't think i was particularly wrong to assume we'd be able to beat a team who would go on to get relegated.

I dont remember RVP stuffing up;)

And you didn't incorporate the 'fear of winning trophies', which has plagued this team for years now, into the equation:confused:

And tbf they didn't look as though they were going to get relegated at the time:D

Expected more from you chap.

I am dissapointed:p

If you want to have the best diver in the Premiership then sign Jellylegs.

He's made diving an art form. Not only in his poetic falls from grace but also his facial expressions and mannerisms.

Dare I say it' date=' and I don't use these words lightly, but he is world class... at diving.

p.s. Haven't you got a[b'] current ex-SPL player [/b]playing regularly in your starting 11...?

He's also ex-Barcelona.

I dont remember RVP stuffing up;)

And you didn't incorporate the 'fear of winning trophies'' date=' which has plagued this team for years now, into the equation:confused:

And tbf they didn't look as though they were going to get relegated at the time:D

Expected more from you chap.

I am dissapointed:p[/quote']

Szczesny+Koscielny>RVP.

Yes, a misjudgement on my part but we still should have been capable of beating them.

Yes, they did.

Does it really matter? I thought we were talking about that Jelly guy not Arteta.

I best shut up in the future and not start these rants. The point I was trying to make about "Jelly guy" is that we should sign him if we become very stuck in the search for a class striker, since Rangers would sell for around £7m. I didn't say I wanted him badly, I just simply would like him if we can't sign anyone else.

If we really are going to sign from the SPL, there is only one player who I'd want from there- James Forrest. I reckon we could develop him into a good player for us.