Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

I best shut up in the future and not start these rants. The point I was trying to make about "Jelly guy" is that we should sign him if we become very stuck in the search for a class striker' date=' since Rangers would sell for around £7m. I didn't say I wanted him badly, I just simply would like him if we can't sign anyone else.

If we really are going to sign from the SPL, there is only one player who I'd want from there- James Forrest. I reckon we could develop him into a good player for us.[/quote']

I see what you mean but at this point it's too risky.

With James Forrest I don't know much about him to say whether he's worth buying or not.

Yes we were linked with Jelavic, but we were never going to get him. He'll only leave for a Premier League club, but to say that because he was linked with us he's not good enough for the PL is just stupid.

I'd also like to add that Henry was linked with us while Sven was in charge. Now look at who he's linked with...

Yes we were linked with Jelavic' date=' but we were never going to get him. He'll only leave for a Premier League club, but to say that because he was linked with us he's not good enough for the PL is just stupid.

[b']I'd also like to add that Henry was linked with us while Sven was in charge. Now look at who he's linked with...[/b]

You would have never got him.

Okay but I didn't hear about that. Henry joining Arsenal won't make a massive impact but I'd like to see him back.

I still think he will score a good few goals for us- that is IF we play him. I remember when Henrik Larsson went to Man U on loan and was excellent, despite being 35 years of age. Who is to say Henry won't do the same for us? I hope he plays regularly, probably from the bench, and scores a good few for us IF he returns.

I still think he will score a good few goals for us- that is IF we play him. I remember when Henrik Larsson went to Man U on loan and was excellent' date=' despite being 35 years of age. Who is to say Henry won't do the same for us? I hope he plays regularly, probably from the bench, and scores a good few for us IF he returns.[/quote']

He won't have the pace like he use to so we can't use the same style we did back in the day. Oh those good old days :D.

Yes- it seems Arsenal will never get back to the heights of 03/04' date=' when Henry was unplayable. If they do, it will take a very, very long time.[/quote']

Until that happens we can complain as usual :P.

If they do' date=' it won't be with Wenger in charge.[/quote']

Well it was Wenger who got us there in the first place.

Ohhhh so that's what that song is called :D.

LOL I liked the one with Schmeichel' date=' all those United fans looking so desperate :P.

I didn't get the last one when RVP scored.[/quote']

Look at what Toure appears to point at and you might then get it! Very funny video.

How can you not know "the eye of the tiger"? That is a classic.

It was more the players we had at the time' date=' rather than Wenger, in 03/04. Henry, Pires, Ljungberg, Bergkamp, Vieira, etc were unplayable during that season. Where did it all go wrong!?[/quote']

Of course it was, Wenger was just fortunate to have that crop of players in go. The fact he hasn't come close since to building a great side since proves what an incompetent boob he really is.

Of course it was' date=' Wenger was just fortunate to have that crop of players in go. The fact he hasn't come close since to building a great side since proves what an incompetent boob he really is.[/quote']

Out of interest, if you were to get your wish and Wenger was to leave: Who would you 'want' to replace him?

Of course it was' date=' Wenger was just fortunate to have that crop of players in go. The fact he hasn't come close since to building a great side since proves what an [b']incompetent boob[/b] he really is.

I wouldn't perhaps go that far, but he is a funny Frenchman who never spends, when it is clear he needs to spend big to get a side that is capable of winning trophies. We only have one world class player. If we had someone else rather than Wenger, we may have more and we may have someone who would use the money we have wisely.

Out of interest' date=' if you were to get your wish and Wenger was to leave: Who would you 'want' to replace him?[/quote']

Anyone. Not fussed.

Sunday 24th October 2004

Venue - Old Trafford

How original. 6-1, cough, cough.

Sunday 24th October 2004

Venue - Old Trafford

More specifically' date=' the moment when The Son of Shrek dived to win a penalty and Ruud Van Horseface should have been sent off for an outrageous tackle, albeit on Ashley Cole.

Out of interest, if you were to get your wish and Wenger was to leave: Who would you 'want' to replace him?

I refuse to answer this question. I've answered it a billion times.

I wouldn't perhaps go that far' date=' but he is a funny Frenchman who never spends, when it is clear he needs to spend big to get a side that is capable of winning trophies. We only have one world class player. If we had someone else rather than Wenger, we may have more and we may have someone who would use the money we have wisely.

Anyone. Not fussed.

How original. 6-1, cough, cough.[/quote']

I would, the guy's a mug.