Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

How original. 6-1' date=' cough, cough.[/quote']

You seem to think that I was being a WUM with my statement.

However the 2-0 defeat that ended the 49 game unbeaten run, seemed to be the start of the fall from the peak.

You asked where did it go wrong?

I provided a perfectly valid answer.

If you feel it went wrong somewhere else then feel free to put forward your theory whilst proving mine is indeed incorrect:confused:

You seem to think that I was being a WUM with my statement.

However the 2-0 defeat that ended the 49 game unbeaten run' date=' seemed to be the start of the fall from the peak.

You asked where did it go wrong?

I provided a perfectly valid answer.

If you feel it went wrong somewhere else then feel free to put forward your theory whilst proving mine is indeed incorrect:confused:[/quote']

It was just the typical answer I expected from a United fan, hence why I said, "how original". You seem to make our seasons hell- you ended our unbeaten run and you beat us 8-2 this season. Hence why I tried to get revenge by saying, "6-1".

It was just the typical answer I expected from a United fan' date=' hence why I said, "how original". You seem to make our seasons hell- you ended our unbeaten run and you beat us 8-2 this season. Hence why I tried to get revenge by saying, "6-1".[/quote']

If I was going to be a WUM I would like to think that I would be a bit more original than that;)

However my point stands - the end of the 49'ers was the start of the end of that team. They fell apart immediately after that game, and whilst not plummeting to the depths, they have never recovered to be anywhere near the team they were after that match.

If I was going to be a WUM I would like to think that I would be a bit more original than that;)

However my point stands - the end of the 49'ers was the start of the end of that team. They fell apart immediately after that game' date=' and whilst not plummeting to the depths, they have never recovered to be anywhere near the team they were after that match.[/quote']

I'm not too bothered about the past we need to stay together and hope the future goes well.

This from the Daily Mirror:

"Mertesacker has told Wenger to sign Podolski as he is "a world class player" and "a top finisher""- I hope Wenger is persuaded to buy him then.

"Podolski would jump at the chance to move to Arsenal if a deal with Cologne can be reached"- only can hope that is true.

"Gourcuff is desperate for a move to Arsenal"- can only hope that is true.

"Henry will return if he gets his £70,000 a week wages"- how about throwing £70,000 a week at a permanent striker, although Henry returning would be fantastic?

"Wenger's priorites lie with Podolski"- sign him then please.

This from the Daily Mirror:

"Mertesacker has told Wenger to sign Podolski as he is "a world class player" and "a top finisher""- I hope Wenger is persuaded to buy him then.

"Podolski would jump at the chance to move to Arsenal if a deal with Cologne can be reached"- only can hope that is true.

"Gourcuff is desperate for a move to Arsenal"- can only hope that is true.

"Henry will return if he gets his £70' date='000 a week wages"- how about throwing £70,000 a week at a permanent striker, although Henry returning would be fantastic?

"Wenger's priorites lie with Podolski"- sign him then please.[/quote']

Woah 70,000 is a lot! Hope Podolski signs and I wouldn't mind Gourcuff although even time I watch him he's terrible.

However my point stands - the end of the 49'ers was the start of the end of that team. They fell apart immediately after that game' date=' and whilst not plummeting to the depths, they have never recovered to be anywhere near the team they were after that match[/b'].

I don't think that was the complete end of Arsenal. I think it was the Champions League run of 05/06, when we were phenomonal in making it to the final, with the injuries we had, only to be denied by Barca in the final. I think it's all been downhill since then. That was the turning point for me.

"Morocco have confirmed Marouane Chamakh is in their ACN squad. Arsenal lose Chamakh and (practically) gain Henry - what a day."

Don't be too "happy".

Wenger's reply to Podolski' date=' Henry or any rumour is:

"We have a big squad."[/b']

Insert anything you like to that quote. For me is:

"We have a big useless squad."

Not only they injure a lot, they lack quality. Starting XI is fine if only all are free from injuries, that aside, look at the substitutes bench for the games this season. That makes Norwich proud of their XI.

Keown has recently said Tottenham will finish above Arsenal this season. Mainly because they kept 2 stars, and we lost 2 stars.

If we do not spend big on some star signing in Jan, which I think look the case, we'll fall out of Big 4 and UCL. Then come summer, it'll be harder to attract stars, and of course to keep hold of RVP and co.

Top 4:

United-City vying 1-2 finish.

Spurs look very likely to stay in top 4, they even plan to sign Papiss Cisse, Samba or Vertonghen in Jan.

Chelsea are more than likely to take top 4, I see at least 2 star signings (Hulk, Cahill, Hamsik, Kaka, Rodwell, Gotze, Cavani, Krasic..) in Jan for them. That's all they need to get on levels with United/City.

ofcourse it a good thing :D:D:D:D

YAY!

Don't be so delighted with Henry deal .. he'll mainly be a bench warmer and come on in the last few minutes for Van Persie . 70k ' date=' that's mad .. He'll prob play in the Leeds game , if he's gonna be fit for that .. :) Anyways , as a Symbol , it's good to have him back , always loved Henry .;):D[/quote']

Well he's much better than that Donkey! I'm happy he's gone for 2 months but I'd be surprised if he scored in the ACON. Still if he wants 70k I think he wants to come back just for the money :(.

Don't be too "happy".

Wenger's reply to Podolski' date=' Henry or any rumour is:

"We have a big squad."[/b']

Insert anything you like to that quote. For me is:

"We have a big useless squad."

Not only they injure a lot, they lack quality. Starting XI is fine if only all are free from injuries, that aside, look at the substitutes bench for the games this season. That makes Norwich proud of their XI.

Keown has recently said Tottenham will finish above Arsenal this season. Mainly because they kept 2 stars, and we lost 2 stars.

If we do not spend big on some star signing in Jan, which I think look the case, we'll fall out of Big 4 and UCL. Then come summer, it'll be harder to attract stars, and of course to keep hold of RVP and co.

Top 4:

United-City vying 1-2 finish.

Spurs look very likely to stay in top 4, they even plan to sign Papiss Cisse, Samba or Vertonghen in Jan.

Chelsea are more than likely to take top 4, I see at least 2 star signings (Hulk, Cahill, Hamsik, Kaka, Rodwell, Gotze, Cavani, Krasic..) in Jan for them. That's all they need to get on levels with United/City.

Wenger has to prove RVP that he is serious about finishing in the top 4 so if he doesn't spend massively then we have a problem!

"Morocco have confirmed Marouane Chamakh is in their ACN squad. Arsenal lose Chamakh and (practically) gain Henry - what a day."

You'll also lose Gervinho (although your fortunate Cameroon didn't qualify and that Frimpong hasn't commited himself to the Ghanian national team), so presuming you bring in Henry then during the period of the African Cup of Nations i'd expect you to either play Henry out wide or behind Van Persie. I certainly don't think he'll be sitting out the majority of his loan spell on the bench.

You'll also lose Gervinho (although your fortunate Cameroon didn't qualify and that Frimpong hasn't commited himself to the Ghanian national team)' date=' so presuming you bring in Henry then during the period of the African Cup of Nations i'd expect you to either play Henry out wide or behind Van Persie. I certainly don't think he'll be sitting out the majority of his loan spell on the bench.[/quote']

Depends if we sign Podolski I suppose. If we sign him, he'd start instead of Gervinho and not Henry. Chamakh is on the bench anyway- we probably won't even notice he has gone.

Guest <klhepworth.

Henry's a world-class finisher. Considering how much RVP gets involved in build-up play, he can't always be around the penalty spot so you need a man to tuck them chances away, you can't have too many finishers and Arsenal squander chances a lot, as you all know. On top of that, Henry represents alot more than just a stop-gap signing, for so mang reasons, not just his Arsenal history etc., but also the money and interest he'll bring with his own 'Beckham-Factor'. My thoughts:)

Anyone else feel that Wenger fobs you off with some signings to shut you all up from moaning that you need to buy genuine quality to win trophies?

When you needed a GK he brought back Lehmann.

When you needed a CB he brought back Campbell.

And now Henry (fwiw his game relied 90% on pace so anyone thinking his impact is going to be anything other than a 'mental' one is a bit off imo).

It is always nice to have a legend back, and is still at pretty fine condition.

But I hope it is not an excuse of not signing any good players in the transfer market.

If Wenger+Board only wakes up when Arsenal got trashed, then we'll forever remain as non-title challengers which is insufficient for a club of this stature.

2 months loan is not that long, I expect him to play often, otherwise there's simply no point bringing him back, also an insult for him to sit on the bench for most of the time.