Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

As i said' date=' there is no stadium debt, that's gone. It's been paid off.

The reason our wage bill has gone up is because the squad is far too big and full of deadwood. Take Almunia, Fabianski, Squillaci, Djourou, Arshavin, Rosicky, Chamakh, Park off the wage bill and it goes down dramatically. I think we're still paying, at least some, of Denilson's, Vela and Bendtner's wages on top of that as well. What a ridiculous waste of money. Sell them and replace them with 3 or 4 quality players and the wage bill is sorted.

At the end of the day, football is only a game and life is way too short to constantly think about the future, some of it has to be about now. Why, all the Arsenal board could wake up dead tomorrow, then what benefit is the profit going to do them? Zilch. Think about now and the future takes care of itself.[/quote']

As of this summer, we were still 231 million in debt from the stadium. Those are long term bonds, but it is still debt that needs to be repaid. I think you are thinking of the loans, which have been paid off.

And as for the players, I agree that Almunia, Fabianski, Squillaci, Denilson, Vela and Bendtner should be sold, since they are not contributing to the first team at all. But someone has to want to buy them first. Fab, Denilson, Vela, and Bendtner should all want to leave this summer, but Squillaci and Almunia might try to stay since no one else will match their salaries. But once those contracts expire, and the current sponsorship deals expire, we'll be able to invest more into the squad.

No' date=' that just happened in the previous umpteenth transfer windows. Strangers things have happened then a big football team getting relegated. I'm going to put 50 quid down on us being in the Championship by 2015.[/quote']

I'll take that bet too, because we should have a tactically competent manager and coaching staff by 2015. I think Arsene retires this year, especially if we miss out on the CL. Hopefully we win the FA Cup so he can go out having won something.

Never miss a chance to make some money eh' date=' my Mcfriend?[/quote']

Not so much 'making money' than 'taking donations from people who should know better' :D

Arsenal won't get relegated in the next 5 years - there is too many....erm...lesser teams coming up and going down.

TBH though - in the interests of 'FFP' any team who has a debt associated to the club should ALSO be penalised - not just those living outside their means.

If I have a mortgage on my house, it means I bought something I couldn't afford - living outside of my immediate means. Only its based on more long term speculation :)

I'll take that bet too' date=' because we should have a tactically competent manager and coaching staff by 2015. [b']I think Arsene retires this year,[/b] especially if we miss out on the CL. Hopefully we win the FA Cup so he can go out having won something.

I'd wait a bit longer than that tbh.

My reply to when Chamakh says he's staying at arsenal for now and when Lazio rule out an Arshavin move.

499250507.gif?Expires=1327006721&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=d8gcuWe6Udo3xR2f97Hi9IQ9XvYIlq7UVMeT38OfNSIaiXoqZhANgtb-gxqAm7D75BSBCF-ygv7roStz5Xk4Er7IceB4r5TUrhzo4ozxNvlDipRnWjJxu9yNDPlHnXLW~SRUmjgikcuD65wcaSFwaxq-~SsWpVciQlhtCWasgqs_

I'll take that bet too' date=' because we should have a tactically competent manager and coaching staff by 2015. I think Arsene retires this year, especially if we miss out on the CL. Hopefully [b']we win the FA Cup so he can go out having won something[/b].

The fitting way for him to go out would be to get to a final, be 1-1 at the 90th minute and then concede a stupid goal to a player that will never play top level football again.

Jog on mate. :rolleyes:

Supporter my backside!

What RVP is are best player and deserves to be in a team that is good and can win trophy's. And the manager is just being a joke now.

What RVP is are best player and deserves to be in a team that is good and can win trophy's. And the manager is just being a joke now.

Corr it's all so bad being a arsenal fan isn't it :rolleyes:

Why would you even wish RVP away yes wenger he's a muppet but RVP without him Arsenal would be well and truly screwed, wishing away your best player ... One of the most ridiculous things I've read this season!

Searching through the depths of despair' date=' muddying your way through the dirty social waters of life, and then one day ....BOOM!!! - you find an Arsenal fan who suggests losing RVP would be a good thing.:rolleyes:[/quote']

Thinking we should scrap our youth system tbh.

Chamakh is staying because he knows nowhere is paying him good money. Same as the other 1,2,3...10... players in Arsenal. lol.

I hate transfer windows. I know I told myself to not place any hopes on the current Arsenal/Board/Wenger, but it is inevitable to feel disappointed.

---

Heard Arteta is out for weekend match. Anybody left in our squad? Where's the "big squad" & "great depth" Wenger always mention?

Chamakh is staying because he knows nowhere is paying him good money. Same as the other 1' date='2,3...10... players in Arsenal. lol.

I hate transfer windows. I know I told myself to not place any hopes on the current Arsenal/Board/Wenger, but it is inevitable to feel disappointed.

---

Heard Arteta is out for weekend match. Anybody left in our squad? Where's the "big squad" & "great depth" Wenger always mention?[/quote']

Wilshire should be back in around two weeks. He'll be like a new signing, fantastic player.

Arsenal fans often sound plastic. One week you're saying 'Wenger is the best' and the next 'Sack Wenger'. It's unbelievable! I know every team has fans like that but there seems to be a lot more at Arsenal...

You need Wenger, he is a superb manager but arguably the problem is whenever you have a problem position, someone steps up. You needed a goalkeeper, everyone said it. Wenger gives Scezney a chance and now you have a fantastic young GK. In a way it's a success but at the same time it showed Wenger that his methods worked so naturally he'd want to do it again. You could say the same thing about Djhourou and Song to a degree.

I still thing you need a couple of players, like a left back, I think your midfields fine with Wilshire rerurning but you could do with another striker to support RVP.

Wilshire should be back in around two weeks. He'll be like a new signing' date=' fantastic player.

Arsenal fans often sound plastic. [b']One week you're saying 'Wenger is the best' [/b]and the next 'Sack Wenger'. It's unbelievable! I know every team has fans like that but there seems to be a lot more at Arsenal...

You need Wenger, he is a superb manager but arguably the problem is whenever you have a problem position, someone steps up. You needed a goalkeeper, everyone said it. Wenger gives Scezney a chance and now you have a fantastic young GK. In a way it's a success but at the same time it showed Wenger that his methods worked so naturally he'd want to do it again. You could say the same thing about Djhourou and Song to a degree.

I still thing you need a couple of players, like a left back, I think your midfields fine with Wilshire rerurning but you could do with another striker to support RVP.

When has anyone in here said that? Aside from a couple of people who are deluding themselves, everyone else has joined me in seeing Wenger for what he really is, a fraud.

Our midfield is not fine. Ramsey is having a shocking run of form and Song is not Messi, even though he thinks he is. Our wingers are hopeless and to say we need another striker is a pathetic understatement.

I hope that RVP leaves in the summer and the manager gets the sack.

I completely agree. RVP doesn't deserves this rubbish. He deserves a team that shows ambition and that will take him seriously. Ignore what the others have said because you're bang on.

Arsenal "late" as always. I say lies, Arsenal just didn't want to sign anyone unless we're forced, i.e. the fans are at boiling point and about to explode. If they wanted, they could do it as quickly as Arteta and Mertesacker's.

Well, Wenger is not terrible, but he is a terrible liar and procrastinator and excuse finder. He was awesome, but even the most awesome people will lose his touch.

The worst is Arsenal's policies and greedy board. What was the reason we moved from Highbury? Better football? or just better money? We all know the answers ourselves.

You can say changing things or spending money might not change Arsenal's fortune (like real), but I know sticking around, being dishonest to the fans and putting money infront of football and fans has lost the meaning of the game.