Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Verry good victory, guys! And by the way, believe it or not, Blackburn has spent more on its team than you. Sunderland, that will try to battle you next, has spent muuuuuuuuch more, so basically, they should win, or otherwise they have spent badly, whereas if you guys win its all bonus, and big bonus, as that. Btw, you guys do realise that you are the least spending club of the whole EPL on the transfer markets of last 5 years? Jesus my behind, relatively to that, you are doing unimaginably well!!!!! Its a bloody wonder that you've not been relegated. Wait, were you not a serious candidate for winning EPL last season?

Vela got a goal against Barcelona last night' date='i say he is better than Chamakh atm,what you guys think? ...he would be better cover than Chamakh and Park.[/quote']

What is Park covering, actually? The bench?

Was at the match yesterday:o as me and the wife went to see Phantom of the Opera in the evening so had time to kill during the day and we had managed to grap a couple of tickets.

Gotta say - it was like going back in time and watching your weekly annihilation of an opponent in the early 20's.

And like the mystery that is Steve Kean said: "The sending off was crucial in terms of the match":rolleyes:

EDIT: Wife is a Blackburn fan;)

Arsenal are dead good - they beat the other team who were well bad - and that's well good

They scored lots of goals and thats wicked and I like that cos its good.

Steve Kean is not dead good, and Arsenal who are dead good made his team look dead bad.

Guys, how do you reckon your defence will look like once everyone is fit?

I'm very impressed by Koscielny the few Arsenal games I've seen this season. But will he play once your LB's are fit and Verm moves back to CB?

I've actually never seen Santos play so I have no clue if he'd in the end put either merte or kosc on the bench..

Guys' date=' how do you reckon your defence will look like once everyone is fit?

I'm very impressed by Koscielny the few Arsenal games I've seen this season. But will he play once your LB's are fit and Verm moves back to CB?

I've actually never seen Santos play so I have no clue if he'd in the end put either merte or kosc on the bench..[/quote']

No one would like it if Mertesacker sits on the bench.

He needs to still adapt to the PL.

Wenger will most probably rotate betweem Kosc/Merte, sometimes giving Verm a rest.

Santos > Gibbs

Guys' date=' how do you reckon your defence will look like once everyone is fit?

I'm very impressed by Koscielny the few Arsenal games I've seen this season. [b']But will he play once your LB's are fit and Verm moves back to CB[/b]?

I've actually never seen Santos play so I have no clue if he'd in the end put either merte or kosc on the bench..

Errmmmm......yes. Koscielny is our best defender, why we would bench him?

No one would like it if Mertesacker sits on the bench.

He needs to still adapt to the PL.

Wenger will most probably rotate betweem Kosc/Merte' date=' sometimes giving Verm a rest.

Santos > Gibbs[/quote']

Ok cheers mate.

No matter what ' date=' Kos has to play .. put Merte on the bench .[/quote']

Thx, Seems to be the general opinion :P

Errmmmm......yes. Koscielny is our best defender' date=' why we would bench him?[/quote']

Obviously I asked cuz I had no idea how Santos is. and given that what I've seen of Verm he's a heck of a better CB then a LB even tho he made some solid performances there (the games I've seen) Bit weird reply considering I don't watch a heck of a lot of Arsenal like I said, and only knew he was doing really well.. really thought Sagna(when fit) and Vermaelen was your best defenders.

But thx anyway. It did help :)

Ok cheers mate.

Thx' date=' Seems to be the general opinion :P

Obviously I asked cuz I had no idea how Santos is. and given that what I've seen of Verm he's a heck of a better CB then a LB even tho he made some solid performances there (the games I've seen) Bit weird reply considering I don't watch a heck of a lot of Arsenal like I said, and only knew he was doing really well.. really thought Sagna(when fit) and Vermaelen was your best defenders.

But thx anyway. It did help :)[/quote']

Santos is good. He offers another option going forward and provides excellent width, as well as being a geniune goal-scoring threat, something we've not had in a left back since Ashley Cole. It's a shame he got injured in a game there was no need for him to play in. Our best back four is definitely Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Santos.

Santos is good. He offers another option going forward and provides excellent width' date=' as well as being a geniune goal-scoring threat, something we've not had in a left back since Ashley Cole. It's a shame he got injured in a game there was no need for him to play in. Our best back four is definitely Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Santos.[/quote']

Thx bud, this helped a lot.

Guest Daniyal

Guys can I just ask one question ? What other teams are Arsenal friends with?

For Ex

Olympiacos are friends with Red Star Belgrade

F.C. København are with Hamburger S.V & Helsingborgs IF

Lol I think I should have supported F.C. København as my dad used to live there and my dad been Helsingborg (the only place he's been in Sweden) and he has been Hamburg although lived in Stuttgart but I guess I loved Arsenal.

Guys can I just ask one question ? What other teams are Arsenal friends with?

For Ex

Olympiacos are friends with Red Star Belgrade

F.C. København are with Hamburger S.V & Helsingborgs IF

Lol I think I should have supported F.C. København as my dad used to live there and my dad been Helsingborg (the only place he's been in Sweden) and he has been Hamburg although lived in Stuttgart but I guess I loved Arsenal.

Barnet? We always play them in a pre-season friendly. Dunno if its cause its close or because there friends

Nice to see Henry have a possible loan extension reported to be about 2 weeks and Barca rejecting a move for RVP after there vice president claims they have made no contact with him which is good I guess cause I'm bored of being a fan of what at times is a feeding club.

Good job Chelsea dropped 2 points today. Never saw that happening at 3-0 lol.

As hard as it is to say, I want Spurs to win tomorrow. We are never gonna catch up with the top 3. Need Liverpool to be dropping points as 4th is our target now.

Good job Chelsea dropped 2 points today. Never saw that happening at 3-0 lol.

As hard as it is to say' date=' I want Spurs to win tomorrow. We are never gonna catch up with the top 3. Need Liverpool to be dropping points as 4th is our target now.[/quote']

I'd like a draw with Sprus as it could give a very weak hope of us finishing ahead of them.

Liverpool should drop points easily.