Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Lampard is better at scoring then gerrard.

Could say we can still get third as long as we beat liverpool' date=' chelsea and spurs and don't muck up more then twice.[/quote']

Heres to hoping Newcastle hold Spurs to a draw next week, with us beating Sunderland. Then if we beat Spurs in the North London Derby the game after, the table will make a more pleasent viewing.

Its more than possible

Paper can't wrap Fire, truth is out.

Profits, not Football, not trophy.

Board and Wenger out!

Wenger: Profits may stop Hazard move

Arsene Wenger says he remains interested in signing Lille playmaker Eden Hazard, but the need to generate a healthy annual profit for Arsenal could prove a stumbling block.

Hazard has been tracked by the Arsenal manager for some time, with reports last October suggesting the Premier League club made contact with Lille over a transfer. Chelsea and Real Madrid have also been linked with Hazard, but Wenger insists he will continue to pursue the €30 million-rated Belgian if Arsenal's profit margin can be maintained.

"You should know that each season, it is imperative to show a profit of between fifteen and twenty million pounds," said Wenger. "I would add that the purpose of a coach is to always buy at a price he sees fit.

"I really like him [Hazard] and, for several reasons: it's his creative power, his ability to mis-align the opponent, his vision of the game and his consummate skill to address the last pass which make him a very interesting player.

"Hazard has what it takes to play for a top-level club, and Arsenal are a top-level club."

Wenger also confirmed the club will tour Asia and Africa this summer, playing games in Seoul, Beijing and Hong Kong before travelling to the Nigerian capital of Abuja.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1018766/arsene-wenger:-profits-may-prevent-eden-hazard-move-to-arsenal?cc=4716

Guest Daniyal

Have Arsenal been cursed of some injury curse? In other news Park Chu-Young might leave in Summer if he doesn't play game and apparently Arshavin is set to stay in Arsenal. BAD.

Arsene Wenger must buy Eden Hazard in this coming summer.. He is the person Arsenal need to fight to Trophy though I doubt that Arsenal is willing to splash out that huge amount of money for him..

He is better than Silva and Yaya .. As much as I hate Liverpool I still think he is the best Midfielder ' date=' I see Wilshere being better than him in the future , and if not , as good as Gerrard the least :)[/quote']

Gerrard has always been an extremely limited footballer. The only reason he's got where he is is because of passion and determination and nothing else. I could name 20 midfielders in the Premier League better then him. Anyway, that's enough talk about Liverpool.

Gerrard has always been an extremely limited footballer. The only reason he's got where he is is because of passion and determination and nothing else. I could name 20 midfielders in the Premier League better then him. Anyway' date=' that's enough talk about Liverpool.[/quote']

Agreed for once.

What exactly has he said wrong?

Sunderland are on a monster run and will be very difficult, you may win but it'll be ridiculously tough. However, can't see us dropping points v Newcastle in a million years.

EDIT:

Not sure on Sagna's fitness with him coming back, but if it's Coquelin right back then McClean will be having a fun afternoon.

Sunderland were poor when you played them at home and you just scraped a win with typical RVP magic. Might not be so lucky against a red hot Sunderland now.

Sunderland are on a monster run and will be very difficult' date=' you may win but it'll be ridiculously tough. However, can't see us dropping points v Newcastle in a million years.[/quote']

Sunderland play tomorrow, probably with the same team as they normally do, the likes of Larsson may begin to feel the effect.

Gerrard has always been an extremely limited footballer. The only reason he's got where he is is because of passion and determination and nothing else. I could name 20 midfielders in the Premier League better then him. Anyway' date=' that's enough talk about Liverpool.[/quote']

I am afraid you couldn't even name 10 midfielders better than Gerrard in Premier League

Sunderland are on a monster run and will be very difficult' date=' you may win but it'll be ridiculously tough. However, can't see us dropping points v Newcastle in a million years.[/quote']

Well, that post isn't biased at all, is it? Yes, Sunderland will be tough and, frankly, all three results are as likely as the others. But Sunderland's run has to end somewhere and we've just come off the back of a 7-1 so confidence will be up. And that last line is stupid. Newcastle are fifth, have a couple of very dangerous players and the Spuds have injuries. To say you can't see them dropping points in a million years is begging for trouble.

Well' date=' that post isn't biased at all, is it? Yes, Sunderland will be tough and, frankly, all three results are as likely as the others. But Sunderland's run has to end somewhere and we've just come off the back of a 7-1 so confidence will be up. And that last line is stupid. Newcastle are fifth, have a couple of very dangerous players and the Spuds have injuries. To say you can't see them dropping points in a million years is begging for trouble.[/quote']

Kaboul, VDV, Lennon and Sandro will all be fit, Defoe touch and go.

No Cabaye, Tiote or Taylor for Toon.

I am afraid you couldn't even name 10 midfielders better than Gerrard in Premier League

Nani, Valencia, Parker, Van Der Vaart, Wilshere, Song, Arteta, Silva, Mata, Giggs, Yaya Toure, Modric, Ramires, Essien, Nasri, Bale.

They're just from the top teams.

Kaboul' date=' VDV, Lennon and Sandro will all be fit, Defoe touch and go.

No Cabaye, Tiote or Taylor for Toon.[/quote']

Doesn't mean you'll win though, does it? Demba Ba might score early and then you could struggle. It's not going to be an easy game and if you think it is, then you're foolish.

Nani' date=' Valencia, Parker, Van Der Vaart, Wilshere, Song, Arteta, Silva, Mata, Giggs, Yaya Toure, Modric, Ramires, Essien, Nasri, Bale.

They're just from the top teams.[/quote']

Well I am talking about the pace Gerrard used to have..

Nani' date=' Valencia, Parker, Van Der Vaart, Wilshere, Song, Arteta, Silva, Mata, Giggs, Yaya Toure, Modric, Ramires, Essien, Nasri, Bale.

They're just from the top teams.[/quote']

You'd rather us have Arteta than Gerrard? Wow

Doesn't mean you'll win though' date=' does it? Demba Ba might score early and then you could struggle. It's not going to be an easy game and if you think it is, then you're foolish.[/quote']

No, but Modric, VDV and Parker v Guthrie and Perch :rolleyes:

Kaboul will deal with Ba all day long.

No' date=' but Modric, VDV and Parker v Guthrie and Perch :rolleyes:

Kaboul will deal with Ba all day long.[/quote']

What about Cisse? I presume he will be playing? He seems to score wonder goals for fun :P

I understand what you are saying. You would fully expect to beat Newcastle, as Arsenal would fully expect to beat Sunderland. But it's a game of surprises and to say there is no doubt is foolish at best.

Well I am talking about the pace Gerrard used to have..

Unless you didn't notice' date=' i put Giggs in that list and he's about 104.

You'd rather us have Arteta than Gerrard? Wow

Yes, i would. Arteta has brilliant vision and his passing is beautiful. Very under rated player. Gerrard is all guts and no brains.