Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Another nice' date=' constructive, well put together argument. If that's all you've got to say then go back to your jungle and talk to the primates that you call your fellow Liverpool fans.[/quote']

No i'm at work so I can't go into much detail, i'll explain later.

The Nasri one is by far the worst

No i'm at work so I can't go into much detail' date='[b'] i'll explain later[/b].

The Nasri one is by far the worst

Please spare us.

I don't rate Nasri, or quite a few on that list including Luka Moderate, but i can see their quality aspects which i can no longer see with Gerrard.

Please spare us.

I don't rate Nasri' date=' or quite a few on that list including Luka Moderate, but i can see their quality aspects which i can no longer see with Gerrard.[/quote']

To be honest Gerrard is still one of the best midfielders, comparing him to someone like Bale is unfair as there completely different, Gerrard is just all round better than the CM's you mentioned.

Another nice' date=' constructive, well put together argument. If that's all you've got to say then go back to your jungle and talk to the primates that you call your fellow Liverpool fans.[/quote']

I like reading your posts, always have although the whole Gerrard debate is making some of you look like never watch football, even without watching football and just going by what other footballers and managers and even 'rival' fans say about Gerrard (who watch him play) makes the posts below look very silly.

As for that quote above, read the last 10 pages of the LFC thread and read the last 10 pages of this one, at least ours has proper debates on and people actually talk about various things and not 'Kenny out' after every single slip up or others going nuts and throwing a wobbler every time somebody posts something against LFC, you have some good posters on here no doubt but you have far more 'primates' than us ;)

No i'm at work so I can't go into much detail' date=' i'll explain later.

The Nasri one is by far the worst[/quote']

I like debating and could post a million things (inc proper stats) to show why some of the posts below are beyond daft, however some things are just not worth debating mate and are best left alone :D

Besides Gerrard being compared to people Like Giggs, Bale and Nasri kinda speaks volumes :P

Would be like Arsenal Fans comparing Overmars to Petit

@ Infernito

Like Magic J said: at one point Gerrard was the most complete midfielder in the league, as opposed to extremely limited as you say. He hasn't been great in a restricted role but as an attacking midfielder, which is his natural position, he doesn't really have any weaknesses. It's difficult to judge how good Gerrard is now because he has just come from a long term injury and he has played mostly in a very restricted role.

If all guts and no brains gets you where Gerrard has got (this couldn't be more false, btw), is there a problem with it? If you're a good player because of your passion in stead of your technical abilities, then so be it, it doesn't matter why you're good. He's considered possibly the greatest player ever to play for Liverpool and many will say he's the best British midfielder over the past 15 years. And I'm not a deluded Liverpool fan who thinks this, there are plenty of other people who think so. For example Zidane (who I'm sure is not biased in any way regarding Gerrard or Liverpool) said a few years back that he does not get as much attention as Messi or Ronaldo but he might just be the best in the world.

Like I said it's difficult to judge his current level but he has been better than any of the players you listed have been or will ever be (with the possible exception of Silva)

I don't normally post here but I just had to say what I think.

To be honest Gerrard is still one of the best midfielders' date=' comparing him to someone like Bale is unfair as there completely different, Gerrard is just all round better than the CM's you mentioned.[/quote']

Yes, it probably is unfair but he said name 10 midfielders and that's what i did. However, some of the cms i named in the list, i'd kill to have at Arsenal; Ramires, Toure, Essien and Parker. Brilliant players and all far superior to the Gerrard now. The Gerrard 3 or 4 years ago would put up a better fight.

I like reading your posts' date=' always have although the whole Gerrard debate is making some of you look like never watch football, even without watching football and just going by what other footballers and managers and even 'rival' fans say about Gerrard (who watch him play) makes the posts below look very silly.

As for that quote above, read the last 10 pages of the LFC thread and [b']read the last 10 pages of this one, at least ours has proper debates on and people actually talk about various things and not 'Kenny out' [/b]after every single slip up or others going nuts and throwing a wobbler every time somebody posts something against LFC, you have some good posters on here no doubt but you have far more 'primates' than us ;)

I like debating and could post a million things (inc proper stats) to show why some of the posts below are beyond daft, however some things are just not worth debating mate and are best left alone :D

Besides Gerrard being compared to people Like Giggs, Bale and Nasri kinda speaks volumes :P

Would be like Arsenal Fans comparing Overmars to Petit

We go off topic in this thread because this thread attracts all the inbred supporters of other clubs. The wumming is here is absolutely ridiculous at times. It would also help if people had their own opinions and didn't just copy what i say and end up in the discussions going round in circles leading to gibberish.

Yes' date=' it probably is unfair but he said name 10 midfielders and that's what i did. However, some of the cms i named in the list, i'd kill to have at Arsenal; Ramires, Toure, Essien and Parker. Brilliant players and all far superior to the Gerrard now. The Gerrard 3 or 4 years ago would put up a better fight.

We go off topic in this thread because this thread attracts all the inbred supporters of other clubs. The wumming is here is absolutely ridiculous at times. It would also help if people had their own opinions and didn't just copy what i say and end up in the discussions going round in circles leading to gibberish.[/quote']

The wumming on the LFC Thread during the Suarez/Evra thing was ridiculous. Mostly comes from City and United fans

Yes' date=' it probably is unfair but he said name 10 midfielders and that's what i did. However, some of the cms i named in the list, i'd kill to have at Arsenal; Ramires, Toure, Essien and Parker. Brilliant players and all far superior to the Gerrard now. The Gerrard 3 or 4 years ago would put up a better fight.

We go off topic in this thread because this thread attracts all the inbred supporters of other clubs. The wumming is here is absolutely ridiculous at times. It would also help if people had their own opinions and didn't just copy what i say and end up in the discussions going round in circles leading to gibberish.[/quote']

Wow, that list doesnt make you look silly at all.

Gerrard all determination and no natural talent? Ok, cool story.

Who gives a s... about Gerrard in an Arsenal thread? lol. Stop feeding the trolls.

Just because Gerrard doesn't play for Arsenal doesn't mean people are trolling' date=' that's just stupid.

Football talks / debates can lead all over the place, just because it doesnt stay 100% Arsenal related means very little.

If somebody came on here and just said "What do you guys think about Gerrard" , you would kinda have a point... although at that stage if an Arsenal fan replied with stuff like some of you did and LFC fans are reading this thread, they are BOUND to argue against it, as would you guys if we was slating RVP on our thread.

We go off topic in this thread because this thread attracts all the inbred supporters of other clubs. The wumming is here is absolutely ridiculous at times.

Its no different on our thread with the mancs (and now the City fans), but my point below still remains.

I didn't mean you with he above anyways, as I said I enjoy reading your posts and 90% of those are you defending your opinion / club against other people on here.

If people go on the Man Utd thread and post the amount of stuff we and you guys have to put up with it somehow leads to infractions.. crazy :D

Unless you didn't notice' date=' i put Giggs in that list and he's about 104.

Yes, i would. Arteta has brilliant vision and his passing is beautiful. Very under rated player. Gerrard is all guts and no brains.[/quote']

Not a single chance Giggs can better than Gerrard and Arteta is definitely out of Gerrard's league.. I am very sure that the pace Gerrard used to have is even better than Fabregas.

Not a single chance Giggs can better than Gerrard and Arteta is definitely out of Gerrard's league.. I am very sure that the pace Gerrard used to have is even better than Fabregas.

Pace doesn't make a player a good one, look at Wallycott.

Wenger wants to earn profit of 15-20M pounds per season' date=' but not willing to sell deadweight leeching on the payroll. :rolleyes:

Wenger just trolling. Come the next window, a pin drop can still be heard again.

Here's how a troll works, see his expressions carefully.

[img']http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/421243_226004630822154_140363179386300_473958_1327276413_n.jpg[/img]

Arsenal target Daniel Sturridge to replace Van Persie this summer

Posted on February 08, 2012 by admin

It is being reported this morning that the Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge has been pinpointed by Arsenal as the perfect replacement for Robin Van Persie if he is sold to Barcelona this summer.

There have been rumblings for some time that Sturridge is not happy being left out on the wing at Stamford Bridge, despite being Chelsea’s top scorer this season, while the misfiring Fernando Torres keeps his place as the out-and-out striker in the team.

The Mail reports that Arsenal’s influential chief scout Steve Rowley has put the wheels in motion to effect a surprise switch to the Gunners this summer, but if the 22 year-old is to be given the centre-forward role then that means that Arsenal fully expect Robin Van Persie to refuse to sign his contract extension and will be allowed to rejoin Cesc Fabregas at Barcelona.

They also report that Sturridge is upset that Chelsea have refused to negotiate a new contract with him although he has become a crucial part of the Chelsea first team this season, and along with his dissatisfaction with being played out of position means he may try and force his way out of Stamford Bridge at the end of the year.

Would Arsenal fans be happy for Sturridge to replace Van Persie?

http://justarsenal.com/arsenal-target-daniel-sturridge-to-replace-van-persie-this-summer/12492

In that case, fans should only buy Arsenal tickets if it is on firesale. It is only fair because they sell the best players for cheap players, which should be reflected by cheaper tickets and merchandise. Happiness in exchange for agony.

Arsenal target Daniel Sturridge to replace Van Persie this summer

Posted on February 08' date=' 2012 by admin

It is being reported this morning that the Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge has been pinpointed by Arsenal as the perfect replacement for Robin Van Persie if he is sold to Barcelona this summer.

There have been rumblings for some time that Sturridge is not happy being left out on the wing at Stamford Bridge, despite being Chelsea’s top scorer this season, while the misfiring Fernando Torres keeps his place as the out-and-out striker in the team.

The Mail reports that Arsenal’s influential chief scout Steve Rowley has put the wheels in motion to effect a surprise switch to the Gunners this summer, but if the 22 year-old is to be given the centre-forward role then that means that Arsenal fully expect Robin Van Persie to refuse to sign his contract extension and will be allowed to rejoin Cesc Fabregas at Barcelona.

They also report that Sturridge is upset that Chelsea have refused to negotiate a new contract with him although he has become a crucial part of the Chelsea first team this season, and along with his dissatisfaction with being played out of position means he may try and force his way out of Stamford Bridge at the end of the year.

Would Arsenal fans be happy for Sturridge to replace Van Persie?

[url']http://justarsenal.com/arsenal-target-daniel-sturridge-to-replace-van-persie-this-summer/12492[/url]

In that case, fans should only buy Arsenal tickets if it is on firesale. It is only fair because they sell the best players for cheap players, which should be reflected by cheaper tickets and merchandise. Happiness in exchange for agony.

What kinda story is this? So not true.

What kinda story is this? So not true.

True or not we'll know come summer, but the possibility is high given our track record. Ticket price up, transfer net revenue up, club profit up, Arsenal simply happy to stay in top 4 and not winning anything.

Wenger scouting big names, come window open, totally silent.

The stadiums look at most 50k filled, yet always reported nearly 60k filled.

Injuries are mostly reported shorter than expected, then a shocked setback will be announced just before recovery date.

Board say lots of money to spend, 2 months later, not Arsenal's policy to spend.

XXX star is staying with us, window open, sold for 20-30M.

Tell me which of these lies are unfamiliar?