Sign in to follow this  
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Wenger wants to earn profit of 15-20M pounds per season' date=' but not willing to sell deadweight leeching on the payroll. :rolleyes:[/quote']

How much one can distort the sense of the sentence by changing just one word? He said precisely that: "You should know that each season, it is imperative to show a profit of between fifteen and twenty million pounds."

I don't know if you are familiar with English or any other languages using this latin-based word "imperative", but imperative expresses either a command, or that something is absolutely necessary in sense of being unavoidable. Saying that something is imperative does not refer to his wish or will, but instead to an obligation or requirement that is forced upon him. By saying that "it is imperative to show a profit", Wenger very clearly says that he has no choice but to show this profit, which definitely, without slightest room four doubts, implies that it is not even a question of whether he wants or not. Amazingly, the not so great newspaper rendered us a much more correct interpretation of these words than you: "he is under pressure to deliver £15m-£20m", which, despite being milder expression than "it is imperative to", nevertheless catches probably precisely the name of the game.

So, you ranting about lies (cf. your more recent post), after such twisting of words, seems pretty inappropriate.

That said, the article also tells that Arsenal is collecting that money. So who knows, I may be wrong and Hazard indeed moves to Arsenal.

Another thing: how many bids has Arsenal received for the "dead weight"?

How much one can distort the sense of the sentence by changing just one word? He said precisely that: "You should know that each season' date=' it is imperative to show a profit of between fifteen and twenty million pounds."

I don't know if you are familiar with English or any other languages using this latin-based word "imperative", but imperative expresses either a command, or that something is absolutely necessary in sense of being unavoidable. Saying that something is [i']imperative[/i] does not refer to his wish or will, but instead to an obligation or requirement that is forced upon him. By saying that "it is imperative to show a profit", Wenger very clearly says that he has no choice but to show this profit, which definitely, without slightest room four doubts, implies that it is not even a question of whether he wants or not. Amazingly, the not so great newspaper rendered us a much more correct interpretation of these words than you: "he is under pressure to deliver £15m-£20m", which, despite being milder expression than "it is imperative to", nevertheless catches probably precisely the name of the game.

That said, the article also tells that Arsenal is collecting that money.

Another thing is: how many bids has Arsenal received for the "dead weight"?

A club such as Arsenal should be able to hit their profit margins without regularly having to sell their best players. They have a very large stadium and the fan-base to fill it; thus the profit targets are probably too high. It'd be much better for the club to keep a tenable debt and keep the high profile players as that'll increase other areas of revenue (ticket sales, prize money, TV rights, etc).

The dead weight should be moved on for free. As much as Arsenal fans mock the wage system of clubs like City, paying Abou Diaby a very similar amount to Robin Van Persie is really stupid. The club needs to restructure it's wages IMO. Possibly give the stars a little more to entice them into staying but drastically cut that which goes to the reserves.

and Martins........................once was fastest footballer on planet

Martins was never the '"fastest footballer on the planet":confused:

Not even close.

Yes he was fast but come on:rolleyes:

The most recent 'scientifical' research through FIFA allocates the following records to the following players (09/10)

Cristiano Ronaldo 33.6 kilometres per hour

Arjen Robben 32.9 kph

Theo Walcott 32.7 kph

Wayne Rooney 32.6 kph

Robin Van Persie 32.1 kph

Previously, before the above, David Odonkor and Thierry Henry held the record.

(Speeds measured WITHOUT the ball at feet in order to maximise speed)

Martins was never the '"fastest footballer on the planet":confused:

Not even close.

Yes he was fast but come on:rolleyes:

The most recent 'scientifical' research through FIFA allocates the following records to the following players (09/10)

Cristiano Ronaldo 33.6 kilometres per hour

Arjen Robben 32.9 kph

Theo Walcott 32.7 kph

Wayne Rooney 32.6 kph

Robin Van Persie 32.1 kph

Previously' date=' before the above, David Odonkor and Thierry Henry held the record.

(Speeds measured WITHOUT the ball at feet in order to maximise speed)[/quote']

yea but both was older then Martins/i dont know was he fastest but he was surely among top 5 when he was in Inter,thats why they bought him,to be succesor of Amokachi..................

Arsenal target Daniel Sturridge to replace Van Persie this summer

Posted on February 08' date=' 2012 by admin

It is being reported this morning that the Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge has been pinpointed by Arsenal as the perfect replacement for Robin Van Persie if he is sold to Barcelona this summer.

There have been rumblings for some time that Sturridge is not happy being left out on the wing at Stamford Bridge, despite being Chelsea’s top scorer this season, while the misfiring Fernando Torres keeps his place as the out-and-out striker in the team.

The Mail reports that Arsenal’s influential chief scout Steve Rowley has put the wheels in motion to effect a surprise switch to the Gunners this summer, but if the 22 year-old is to be given the centre-forward role then that means that Arsenal fully expect Robin Van Persie to refuse to sign his contract extension and will be allowed to rejoin Cesc Fabregas at Barcelona.

They also report that Sturridge is upset that Chelsea have refused to negotiate a new contract with him although he has become a crucial part of the Chelsea first team this season, and along with his dissatisfaction with being played out of position means he may try and force his way out of Stamford Bridge at the end of the year.

[b']Would Arsenal fans be happy for Sturridge to replace Van Persie?[/b]

http://justarsenal.com/arsenal-target-daniel-sturridge-to-replace-van-persie-this-summer/12492

In that case, fans should only buy Arsenal tickets if it is on firesale. It is only fair because they sell the best players for cheap players, which should be reflected by cheaper tickets and merchandise. Happiness in exchange for agony.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no........no.

True or not we'll know come summer' date=' but the possibility is high given our track record. Ticket price up, transfer net revenue up, club profit up, Arsenal simply happy to stay in top 4 and not winning anything.

Wenger scouting big names, come window open, totally silent.

The stadiums look at most 50k filled, yet always reported nearly 60k filled.

Injuries are mostly reported shorter than expected, then a shocked setback will be announced just before recovery date.

Board say lots of money to spend, 2 months later, not Arsenal's policy to spend.

XXX star is staying with us, window open, sold for 20-30M.

Tell me which of these lies are unfamiliar?[/quote']

Doubt Wenger would want Studge to replace RVP unless he's gone more bonkers than usual.

A club such as Arsenal should be able to hit their profit margins without regularly having to sell their best players[1]. They have a very large stadium and the fan-base to fill it; thus the profit targets are probably too high[2]. It'd be much better for the club to keep a tenable debt and keep the high profile players as that'll increase other areas of revenue (ticket sales' date=' prize money, TV rights, etc).

The dead weight should be moved on for free. As much as Arsenal fans mock the wage system of clubs like City, paying Abou Diaby a very similar amount to Robin Van Persie is really stupid. [i']The club needs to restructure it's wages [/i][3]IMO. Possibly give the stars a little more to entice them into staying but drastically cut that which goes to the reserves.

1. Should, no doubt, but weren't this a case of it being imperative to bring that much profit on the transfer markets? In fact, what I know, this club would be doing deficit without making so much profit on transfer markets, which can only be due to that in the long run extremely profitable stadium that they are paying off.

2. I agree, but again, the point was, "it is imperative" means that this is not Wenger's profit target. That is all that was in question, and thus your response, in fact, quite off its target.

3. I agree, though this could be avoided simply by having more and better older players, in which case the younger ones wouldn't get that much responsibilities so young (and hence attract interest of other big clubs + have good arguments in wage negotiation).

Doubt Wenger would want Studge to replace RVP unless he's gone more bonkers than usual.

Well looking at what he replaced the 'invincibles' with, I wouldn't be so sure.

Sturridge can be a very good player imo, but I'm not sure he would be clinical enough for you lot who create numerous chances.

If RVP was to leave I would prefer (if I were a 'Gooner') a poacher rather than a pacy forward (think along the lines of a Hernandez etc)

lol in 10 y he can become better then VPS;) Wenger knows that.........

No he can't. Van Persie is on a technical level Sturridge can only fantasise about reaching. Good player but would only want him here WITH RVP and not a direct replacement.

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

What the point of waiting 10 years.

exactly, in 10 years world might not exist :P

Sturridge requires too many chances to score, just like Higuain used to. You can't afford to squander one on one's etc. Otherwise you might aswell just play Walcott up there :P

In a year or two the deal may look better with Van Persie at 30 and Sturridge netting more but. But for now it is a poor choice.

cause its Arsenals politics sell all over 25 age and buy bunch of youngsters and develop them till they turn 25:p' date='i like Arsenals politics but it seems it just give u profit and not trophies i guess[/quote']

Surely he would have wanted someone like Nick Powell or something then besides then we'd only have him for 3 years according to your theory in fact we would have sold RVP by now.

Well looking at what he replaced the 'invincibles' with' date=' I wouldn't be so sure.

Sturridge can be a very good player imo, but I'm not sure he would be clinical enough for you lot who create numerous chances.

If RVP was to leave I would prefer (if I were a 'Gooner') a poacher rather than a pacy forward (think along the lines of a Hernandez etc)[/quote']

Would Studge stay at Arsenal for 10 years and would it be worth waiting 10 years?

exactly' date=' in 10 years world might not exist :P[/quote']

And that too of course :P

Gervinho just scored a great solo goal' date='looks like his confidence is back.Cant wait for him to return(with the winners medal)[/quote']

It's really just a matter of keeping it up. He was quality before he got that red card if he can keep it up he'll certainly help us push up the table. Africa and England are 2 different places though.

It's really just a matter of keeping it up. He was quality before he got that red card if he can keep it up he'll certainly help us push up the table. Africa and England are 2 different places though.

Wasn't the red card in the first game of the season? :P

Well it's like saying Wilshere didn't get injuried because it was Pre season :rolleyes:. He hasn't been the same since the start of the season' date=' think that is a better way of saying it,:o.[/quote']

How about he's never been very good for you? :P

Remember Spam saying he could get 20 a season :D

How about he's never been very good for you? :P

Remember Spam saying he could get 20 a season :D

He's never been VERY good but he has been good at one point which I won't mention again and no not really but isn't 20 a bit too much if he only scored 18 or something like that at Lille last season :confused:.