Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Ouch- as if we didn't have enough defensive problems.

I hope Henry and Chambo play in Milan. I reckon that AC are not the European powerhouse that they once were and are beatable. The Spuds beat them last year at the San Siro and (apart from a few) had a weaker side that Milan' date=' so who knows?[/quote']

I do. We'll beat them 3-1 over there and 4-0 at the Emirates. They're Italian' date=' slow and mediocre. Only players that they have that concern me are Pato and Prince-Boateng. Even then, we have the Kosinator to despose of them.[/quote']
I did hear a rumour about that. Make that 3-0 then' date=' Milan will be as impotent as the man in my avatar.[/quote']
Give or take 7 goals I agree with your prediction wholeheartedly ;-)
I reckon a draw in Milan and then a victory at the Emirates.

By the way' date=' are Chelsea in the CL next week or something?[/quote']

You over estimate Milan. Chamberlain will tear their full backs to pieces and RVP will be far too sharp for their cbs. Italian teams can not compete with English sides.
Not over-estimating Milan.

They are nothing like they once were.

However neither are Arsenal:o

Still got enough to beat a bunch of geriatrics.
It's true. Spurs' goal in Milan last year was pace on the counter. Most of our goals in our 5-1 defeat of Inter was on the counter with pace' date=' and the same for our 2-0 win against AC. They can not cope with English pace.

Spain also has one of the slowest leagues in the world and so we beat Barcelona 2-1 on pace on the counter, which they couldn't cope with. You can pass the ball all you like, but when Barca didn't have it, they looked shaken by our pace.[/quote']

All you have to do is hit them with pace and they're screwed. Look what Bale did to Inter last year and they were reigning European Champions. Walcott and Chamberlain will have a ball.

Hate to be smug lads - but your disrespect to Milan was disgusting and the result was Karma.

Told you so;)

After all you lot's overconfidence going into the game, Milan's total dominance amuses me greatly.

No point pinning it all on Wenger either. There was so much space in between your defence and midfield where Song should have been but, as infernito said, he's not a DM (or at least doesn't play like one), and Ibrahimovic had so much time so create so many chances (that Milan deserve credit for taking wonderfully).

That, and your main 'threat' with Milan's alleged lack of pace in Walcott was completely stifled (as was RVP) and their full backs were even allowed to get forward, not the terror induced man-marking you'd hope for.

Wenger's main fault was not starting the Ox and then not bringing him on at half-time instead of Henry. As much as Henry's a legend, Chamberlain would have created many more problems for Milan.

Hate to be smug lads - but your disrespect to Milan was disgusting and the result was Karma.

Told you so;)

Damn it, you got there first :)

I seem to remember a similar situation with the League Cup final. Infernito came out with a load of arrogant comments about how they were guaranteed to win easily, and we all know how that turned out. That was my first day on his block list I think :)

Well Milan deserved to win by 4, Arsenal were shocking. Completely blunt in attack, no creativity in the midfield and the back four received no protection. Gunna need a miracle now.

What were we doing 12 months ago?-

Oh.. The same thing

The season imploded

The loss to United in the FA Cup

The lossto Brum in the Carling Cup and

And finally the loss Barcelona in the Champions League

So for anyone who thinks oh we will put our anger and thrash Sunderland at the weekend may want to reconsider. With Liverpool and Spurs up next in the league too.

Who says Lightning doesn't strike twice.

But whatever the scenario, a Gunner for life.

Lack of quality once again so distinct, but worse than it was against Man City. That time Arsenal still try to fight, the Arsenal against Milan is just school boys.

Only RVP and AOC (even if he only had few touches) turned up. Not to blame the other Arsenal players, but most of them do not have quality.

Szczesny - Too young but not the most worrying.

Kos - Doing fine, but Early exit.

Verm - Has been mistake prone.

Sagna - Average.

Gibbs - Where was he?

Djourou - Congrats on the contract renewal on somebody who's clearly not good enough for a top 4 side.

Rosicky - Easily lose confidence and determination.

Song - Average.

Arteta - Average.

Ramsey - Too slow. Can only pass, but his brain thinks slow too. i.e. useless.

Walcott - Afraid of ball, Afraid of minor contact. Trying not to play. But looks set to earn a new contract.

AOC - Easily outshine the rest of the midfield performance

RVP - Single handedly caused some worries in the Milan defence. Too good for this Wenger's side.

Henry - Wasn't here, but still thank you.

Wenger - Looked lost and trying to hide himself. Couldn't teach defending, couldn't spend, couldn't look at him anymore.

Not even worried about tonight's game. Avanti Milan! :)

I hate to say I told you so, but when you've got everyone against you, then it's impossible to not say so. :D

It's not over yet though, remember Deportivo back in '04? 4-1 to us in the first leg, 4-1 to them in the 2nd and they got through. :o

Doubt that'll happen though...

I was at work during the game, and a few of the texts I got during it indicated how bad it was going to be. Figured I would watch it and just do a tactical analysis to try and avoid the emotional damage. Didn't work but I just finished a piece on it. Depressing stuff, but would enjoy (wrong word, "be interested in" is probably more accurate) hearing what you guys think of my article.

http://attackingwith10.wordpress.com/2012/02/16/ac-milan-vs-arsenal/

Cheers

Ramsey - Too slow. Can only pass' date=' but his brain thinks slow too. i.e. useless.

[/quote']

A lot of his passes were terrible he just kicked the ball up the field half the time.

FIFA 12 on PS3 does not count.

Why did Rosicky start and not AOC? Strange from AW. RVP has to look at himself after that and say he is a world class player at a club that is going dramatically backwards.

AOC is only 18 it would be too much stress if we kept playing him week in week out.

Van Persie should be packing his bags real soon :(.

Originally Posted by infernito View Post

I do. We'll beat them 3-1 over there and 4-0 at the Emirates. They're Italian, slow and mediocre. Only players that they have that concern me are Pato and Prince-Boateng. Even then, we have the Kosinator to despose of them.

Quote:

I did hear a rumour about that. Make that 3-0 then, Milan will be as impotent as the man in my avatar.

Quote:

You over estimate Milan. Chamberlain will tear their full backs to pieces and RVP will be far too sharp for their cbs. Italian teams can not compete with English sides.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGoals View Post

It's true. Spurs' goal in Milan last year was pace on the counter. Most of our goals in our 5-1 defeat of Inter was on the counter with pace, and the same for our 2-0 win against AC. They can not cope with English pace.

Spain also has one of the slowest leagues in the world and so we beat Barcelona 2-1 on pace on the counter, which they couldn't cope with. You can pass the ball all you like, but when Barca didn't have it, they looked shaken by our pace.

Quote:

All you have to do is hit them with pace and they're screwed. Look what Bale did to Inter last year and they were reigning European Champions. Walcott and Chamberlain will have a ball.

ok,will u explain yourself:rolleyes:,where is that pace AOC and Wallcot coud watch match from the bench,RVP had 2 or 3 chance to score,but didnt,even Milan full backs were shouting on goal(luck for Arsenal they dont know how)

Did i say Ibra will destroy U:rolleyes:,he was MoM

So much about Kosinator;) he was lost Wenger swaped him before half time

Sagna was maybe best Arsenal player,had to play wing,rb,cb,cm---------so after so much running he was lost,Henry made one chance for VPS so enough from grandpa,instead of him should played some young fwd

i never seen yours so much talked speed.........................one of the worst performance of Arsenal,i think defeat from MU was better game,at least u scored 2,so who now was underestimated slow Milan.........

I do. We'll beat them 3-1 over there and 4-0 at the Emirates. They're Italian, slow and mediocre. Only players that they have that concern me are Pato and Prince-Boateng. Even then, we have the Kosinator to despose of them.

Quote:

I did hear a rumour about that. Make that 3-0 then, Milan will be as impotent as the man in my avatar.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's true. Spurs' goal in Milan last year was pace on the counter. Most of our goals in our 5-1 defeat of Inter was on the counter with pace, and the same for our 2-0 win against AC. They can not cope with English pace.

Spain also has one of the slowest leagues in the world and so we beat Barcelona 2-1 on pace on the counter, which they couldn't cope with. You can pass the ball all you like, but when Barca didn't have it, they looked shaken by our pace.

Quote:

ok,will u explain yourself:rolleyes:,where is that pace AOC and Wallcot could watch match from the bench,RVP had 2 or 3 chance to score,but didnt,even Milan full backs were shooting on goal(luck for Arsenal they dont know how)

Sagna was maybe best Arsenal player,had to play wing,rb,cb,cm---------so after so much running he was lost,Henry made one chance for VPS so enough from grandpa,instead of him should played some young fwd

i never seen yours so much talked speed.........................one of the worst performance of Arsenal,i think defeat from MU was better game,at least u scored 2,so who now was underestimated slow Milan.........

Kinda funny when you put this tripe up on your official website aswell.

Arsène Wenger admits he has studied Tottenham’s victory against AC Milan last season - but intends to take a different approach against the Italian giants.

Arsenal’s North London rivals secured a narrow 1-0 victory at the San Siro through a late goal by Peter Crouch, before the two sides played out a goalless draw in the second leg.

Wenger has watched both matches but wants the Gunners to take the game to Milan on Wednesday night.

“I have seen [that game], yes,” he said. “Milan had a lot of the ball and Tottenham caught them on the break at the end of the game.

“You never decide when you break, you break when you can. It was a game which was vastly dominated, especially in the second half, by Milan.

“We will not decide at the start of the game that we will sit in our half if we have to, like Tottenham did. We will do it and then try to catch them on the break.

“But at the start we will try to get out of our own half and try to get up there and play. Spurs won the game when they were dominated, but that is football today.”

I do. We'll beat them 3-1 over there and 4-0 at the Emirates. They're Italian' date=' slow and mediocre. Only players that they have that concern me are Pato and Prince-Boateng. Even then, we have the Kosinator to despose of them.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ok,will u explain yourself:rolleyes:,where is that pace AOC and Wallcot coud watch match from the bench,RVP had 2 or 3 chance to score,but didnt,even Milan full backs were shouting on goal(luck for Arsenal they dont know how)

i never seen yours so much talked speed.........................one of the worst performance of Arsenal,i think defeat from MU was better game,at least u scored 2,so who now was underestimated slow Milan.........[/quote']

Calm down Batty. That is so much of a disfunctional and scruffy post, i'm in two minds whether to respond to it or not. I (mercifully) didn't see the game so i can't make too much of a judgement but it sounded horrific from our point of view. Koscielny was substituted because he was injured, not because he was lost. In fact, listening to comments from others who actually saw the game it sounded like he was the only one who manned up. And in fairness as well, i earmarked Kevin Prince-Boateng as the dangerman and it sounded liked he wreaked havoc. It should have been Song's duty to mark him but, with Wenger telling him not to be a DM, that wasn't going to happen. The inclusion of Drossicky was a disastrous decision. The geezer is completely useless, he slows down our play to walking pace. In hindsight, Gibbs shouldn't have played though i wanted him to start, albeit in midfield, so i can't say much.

I stand by my statement that Milan are not a particularly good team. I'd expect them to be swept aside by Madrid, Bayern or (if in form) Barcelona. Last night, i would say, is the worst result in Arsenal's recent history.

Calm down Batty. That is so much of a disfunctional and scruffy post' date=' i'm in two minds whether to respond to it or not. I (mercifully) didn't see the game so i can't make too much of a judgement but it sounded horrific from our point of view. Koscielny was substituted because he was injured, not because he was lost. In fact, listening to comments from others who actually saw the game it sounded like he was the only one who manned up. And in fairness as well, i earmarked Kevin Prince-Boateng as the dangerman and it sounded liked he wreaked havoc. It should have been Song's duty to mark him but, with Wenger telling him not to be a DM, that wasn't going to happen. The inclusion of Drossicky was a disastrous decision. The geezer is completely useless, he slows down our play to walking pace. In hindsight, Gibbs shouldn't have played though i wanted him to start, albeit in midfield, so i can't say much.

I stand by my statement that Milan are not a particularly good team. I'd expect them to be swept aside by Madrid, Bayern or (if in form) Barcelona. Last night, i would say, is the worst result in Arsenal's recent history.[/quote']

i think injuries are just excuse,many managers use it when they are mad at players,actually Rosicky had 2 shoots although both were poor,i was amused with KVB goal,but i am not sure did he even look where is goal,or just was shooting by instinct( i think he shooted by instinct)but guess we ll never know,Milan didnt play great as result showing,agree

"Last night, i would say, is the worst result in Arsenal's recent history"

i would say performance(not result),worst was against MU,although with much less impact on confidence,yea those 3 teams all are stronger then Milan,but Milan can beat anyone when they are in mood,thats why they have 7 CL trophies..........

i think injuries are just excuse' date='many managers use it when they are mad at players,actually Rosicky had 2 shoots although both were poor,i was amused with KVB goal,but i am not sure did he even look where is goal,or just was shooting by instinct( i think he shooted by instinct)but guess we ll never know,Milan didnt play great as result showing,agree

"Last night, i would say, is the worst result in Arsenal's recent history"

i would say performance(not result),worst was against MU,although with much less impact on confidence,yea those 3 teams all are stronger then Milan,but Milan can beat anyone when they are in mood,thats why they have 7 CL trophies..........[/quote']

I agree injuries aren't an excuse but when our best centre back goes off then things were likely to get worse, especially with Djourou coming on. Koscielny getting injured isn't the sole reason we lost 4-0 but it certainly didn't help especially with Vermaelen having another stinker.

I'd have to say this result was worse then the 8-2 and by quite some way. Against Man Ure we had a mis-match of a team and a thrashing was always on the cards. Last night, we had two or three injuries but still had something close to a strong team and the way we've lost is just as embarrassing as shipping 8.

It was another mercy i couldn't get online last night. I was absolutely steaming. Now i can smile ironically about it and go back to hoping we sack Wenger in the next couple of weeks and hire Mick Mccarthy.

And in fairness as well' date=' i earmarked Kevin Prince-Boateng as the dangerman and it sounded liked he wreaked havoc. It should have been Song's duty to mark him but, with Wenger telling him not to be a DM, that wasn't going to happen. [/quote']

Boateng wasn't that influential, scored a great goal but did little else. Ibrahimovic was the player we couldn't deal with, destroyed all three of our centerbacks and made it look easy.

And I agree that this Milan team are not spectacular, but we played straight into their hands. Why Wenger thought going 4-4-1-1 with two central midfielders on the wings was going to break down an Italian team playing 4-3-2-1 defensively is incomprehensible.

I agree injuries aren't an excuse but when our best centre back goes off then things were likely to get worse' date=' especially with Djourou coming on. Koscielny getting injured isn't the sole reason we lost 4-0 but it certainly didn't help especially with Vermaelen having another stinker.

I'd have to say this result was worse then the 8-2 and by quite some way. Against Man Ure we had a mis-match of a team and a thrashing was always on the cards. Last night, we had two or three injuries but still had something close to a strong team and the way we've lost is just as embarrassing as shipping 8.

It was another mercy i couldn't get online last night. I was absolutely steaming. Now i can smile ironically about it and go back to hoping we sack Wenger in the next couple of weeks and [b']hire Mick Mccarthy[/b].

Are you serious? :eek:

Deadly serious. Experienced' date=' knows the game, excellent motivator (something Wenger most definitely is not) and best of all, he looks like a muppet....

[img']http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/aaaaaaPage_1.jpg[/img]

But Wenger is experienced and knows the game. You're probably right about the motivating side but Mick couldn't even motivate his Wolves team for the black country derby at home!

But Wenger is experienced and knows the game. You're probably right about the motivating side but Mick couldn't even motivate his Wolves team for the black country derby at home!

Wenger couldn't motivate his team for a Champions League game in Milan. And i'm not sure he does know the game to be honest.

Mup-Mick Mccarthy >>> Wenger.