Official Arsenal Thread

joshylong

Re: Official Arsenal Thread

Best choice is someone from outside English football. Tactically knowledgeable, and with a philosophy that matches our current squad. Guardiola, Emery, Bielsa would all be tremendous hires. Only British manager I'd even consider would be Rogers. Villas-Boas could also be an interesting possibility, our squad could actually play the type of football he played at Porto: enough speed to play a high line Gibbs-Koscielny-Vermaelen(maybe)-Sagna, great technical retention in midfield (Song-Arteta-Wilshere), pace and trickery on the wings (Gervinho + Ox) and a ruthless intelligent finisher (RVP). If we instilled the type of pressing game seen at Barca or Athletic, no British team would have a chance of keeping the ball against us.

Boateng wasn't that influential' date=' scored a great goal but did little else. Ibrahimovic was the player we couldn't deal with, destroyed all three of our centerbacks and made it look easy.

And I agree that this Milan team are not spectacular, but we played straight into their hands. Why Wenger thought going 4-4-1-1 with two central midfielders on the wings was going to break down an Italian team playing 4-3-2-1 defensively is incomprehensible.[/quote']

agree,and Mc.......would destroy Wengers work past 10y,Wenger is great running Arsenal as bussines,but sometimes company needs to make big investments to compete with others/Real,Barca,MU,Chelsea,Liverpool,Bayern etc

Arsenal should look how Milan buying players and gets them mostly cheap,MVB,Ibra,KVB,Mexes......i think Arsenal could get KVB while he was in Portsmouth very easy..........

Wenger couldn't motivate his team for a Champions League game in Milan. And i'm not sure he does know the game to be honest.

Mup-Mick Mccarthy >>> Wenger.

Wenger does know the game, watch any interview with him and his intelligence is obvious. No one has ever gotten value from the transfer market like he has and he develops individuals as well as anyone in the game, with the probable caveat of Guardiola. His weakness is in failing to teach the players how to respond to different situations in the game and how to defend as a team.

Wenger couldn't motivate his team for a Champions League game in Milan. And i'm not sure he does know the game to be honest.

Mup-Mick Mccarthy >>> Wenhttp://forum.soccermanager.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1918683ger.

Although Wolves have had injuries I think Mccarthy had under achieved this season with that team. I remember last season he spent £30million! On Stephen Hunt, Adam Hammill, Steven Fletcher, Steven Mouyokolo, Adelene Gueidiora and Jelle Van Damme. Only Fletcher has worked out. Imagine him spending our transfer kitty which won't be more than £30million, probably less. I would rather see changes at board room level then at managerial.

Wenger does know the game' date=' watch any interview with him and his intelligence is obvious. No one has ever gotten value from the transfer market like he has and he develops individuals as well as anyone in the game, with the probable caveat of Guardiola. His weakness is in failing to teach the players how to respond to different situations in the game and how to defend as a team.[/quote']

agree,thats his problem,he s rather good in getting players cheap and selling them expensive---Adebayor,Nasri,Clichy,Gallas etc

Why hasn't Wenger changed his coaching staff? Pat Rice has been his right hand man since his first day in 1996. That's shocking, you look at Ferguson he has changed his assistant a number of times. Brian Kidd, Steve McLaren, Carlos Queiroz and now Mike Phelan. Getting different ideas and voices can make a big difference.

Ok, had time to cool down now.

FOR CHRIST SAKE WENGER !!!! JUST FRICKIN LEAVE WILL YA !

On other arsenal forums rumours are that if we go out FA cup against sunderland and lose at home to Spuds Wenger will be sacked ????

Never ever have i had to do this ..................................................

COME ON YOUUUUUU SPURS !!!

Ok' date=' had time to cool down now.

FOR CHRIST SAKE WENGER !!!! JUST FRICKIN LEAVE WILL YA !

On other arsenal forums rumours are that if we go out FA cup against sunderland and lose at home to Spuds Wenger will be sacked ????

Never ever have i had to do this ..................................................

[b']COME ON YOUUUUUU SPURS !!![/b]

You're a real Arsenal fan?

Yeah sunshine i would die for Arsenal

The Arsenal board need to wake up soon ' date=' we will finish below the diarrhea this season and they need to realise it may not be just THIS season.[/quote']

I don't think the board need to wake up there the problem. Hill-Wood, Gazidis and Kroenke need to go. Us fans need to "wake up" and put pressure on the board because as long as their pockets are full they're happy. Would rather see Red and White Holdings come in (Usmanov and Dein).

Why hasn't Wenger changed his coaching staff? Pat Rice has been his right hand man since his first day in 1996. That's shocking' date=' you look at Ferguson he has changed his assistant a number of times. Brian Kidd, Steve McLaren, Carlos Queiroz and now Mike Phelan. Getting different ideas and voices can make a big difference.[/quote']

all those were poor assistants and managers..maybe its better for him cause he didnt changed.........

all those were poor assistants and managers..maybe its better for him cause he didn't changed.........

Sometimes a poor manager doesn't make them a poor assistant. How can they be poor when you look at the success United have had while they have been there. Not just success but consistent success, Fergie changes his assistants for a reason.

Shocking result. It was a poor performance and things need to change, fast. We only have the FA cup left and we wont win that. Im sick of the average spending in each window and im sick of average players replacing lost quality ones. Further more, we cant even hold on to players. Rooney was going to leave utd, he got a new wage increase. Modric wanted to leave Tottenham but he was ordered to stay and things are sorted but we just let Fabregas and Nasri go, our two best creative players who havent been replaced. I dont think Arteta is creative enough. I guarantee if RvP leaves, only 1/3 or 1/4 of the fee will be used for a new ST, whether thats down to the board or wenger, it will happen. Basically the way the whole club is run is a joke. The fans arent taken into consideration at all and the result of this is a 6 year drought. Simple as that. I was also frustrated at why Ox wasnt used at all despite his performances in every game. Rosicky wasnt very useful.

Sometimes a poor manager doesn't make them a poor assistant. How can they be poor when you look at the success United have had while they have been there. Not just success but consistent success' date=' Fergie changes his assistants for a reason.[/quote']

Fergie usually changes his assistants because they move on to management positions at different clubs. I really can't believe you're making Pat Rice the scapegoat when he has so little say in Arsenal's results. Petit said it perfectly today: 'Wenger is putting his confidence in players who've done nothing to merit it.'

Everyone slating Wenger tactically seems to be citing Rosicky starting as a major issue.

Question.

If AOC started, would things of been that different. Defensively you were poor ( im talking about pressing, and ball retention all of the pitch too ). You dont have the players to go to Milan and dominate. Is / was it that much of a issue ?

some of your arrogant posts before hand were unbelievable, even more so considering many of you slate city and united fans for their supposed arrogance.

Dont throw stones in glass houses.

Everyone slating Wenger tactically seems to be citing Rosicky starting as a major issue.

Question.

If AOC started' date=' would things of been that different. Defensively you were poor ( im talking about pressing, and ball retention all of the pitch too ). You dont have the players to go to Milan and dominate. Is / was it that much of a issue ?

some of your arrogant posts before hand were unbelievable, even more so considering many of you slate city and united fans for their supposed arrogance.

[b']Dont throw stones in glass houses[/b].

At least we're throwing them in OUR glass house....ahem.

We were so poor, one change to the starting line up probably wouldn't have had much of an impact. However, Drossicky is so dire that he drags the whole team performance by 10 per cent just by being on the pitch. Slow and useless.

At least we're throwing them in OUR glass house....ahem.

We were so poor' date=' one change to the starting line up probably wouldn't have had much of an impact. However, Drossicky is so dire that he drags the whole team performance by 10 per cent just by being on the pitch. Slow and useless.[/quote']

and AOC and Wallcott were fast/and did something:confused::rolleyes:

Fergie usually changes his assistants because they move on to management positions at different clubs. I really can't believe you're making Pat Rice the scapegoat when he has so little say in Arsenal's results. Petit said it perfectly today: 'Wenger is putting his confidence in players who've done nothing to merit it.'

I've never said Pat Rice is to blame directly for the results. That's twisting my words. But it would be nice to see a change of some sort in the backroom staff, that could mean promoting someone internally like Steve Bould who is doing a great job with the kids. Also Pat Rice wanted to retire due to a knee problem at the end of last season but Wenger begged him to stay another year. It will be interesting to see what will happen next season.

I don't want to slate your intelligence, seeing as I have no idea who you are, but if starting a center midfielder who prefers to come inside onto his right foot instead of a wide player who can consistently beat players 1v1 against a team who play three defensive midfielders but lack cover on the flanks seems like a good idea to you...