• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Arsenal Gossip

Well i'd rather bet on arsenal not playing champions league football next season then newcastle not playing premier league football

Agreed. Arsenal are by no means out of touch with the top 4 but they have only played Man utd at home. They have the other big boys to play twice - add that to the fact they seem capable of losing to anyone away from home and Villa look a good bet for 4th.

Newcastle have too many goals in their team to go down IMO - even if Owen leaves. Joe Kinnear is doing a decent job

:eek: U must be joking!!!!!!!!!!

Wenger's an intelligent man, he wouldn't let arsenal drop out of the top 4. He's already stated today that arsenal are not consistent enough to win the league, and he's right. He's not a stupid man, he's located the problem (being Gallas and squad Depth) and hopefully he'll rectify this. With us being linked with Van Buyten or however he is, and De Rossi maybe Wenger plans to change his tactics in the January transfer window. I can see us being fine come january. And for this reason i'd put my money on it being the other way around.

:eek: U must be joking!!!!!!!!!!

Wenger's an intelligent man' date=' he wouldn't let arsenal drop out of the top 4. He's already stated today that arsenal are not consistent enough to win the league, and he's right. He's not a stupid man, he's located the problem (being Gallas and squad Depth) and hopefully he'll rectify this. With us being linked with Van Buyten or however he is, and De Rossi maybe Wenger plans to change his tactics in the January transfer window. I can see us being fine come january. And for this reason i'd put my money on it being the other way around.[/quote']

Intelligent yes, but he is also stubborn. Arsenal had the same problems last season and he didn't go out over the summer and fix them, depite the fact he had the funds.

If Villa are in with a shout of the top 4 in January I imagine Randy Lerner might be tempted to go out and spend some money aswell.

For this reason I think it will be awfully close come May.....remember, Spurs might have been in the top 4 not so long ago had it not been for some dodgy Lasagne.

No it will still be the same Top 4 Come may' date=' i'd put money on this.

Villa have a chance, but arsenal haven't hit form, IF and when they do, will villa be able to keep up? I think not

I don't count Spurs as i dislike them ;)[/quote']

Top 4 teams shouldn't be losing to Hull, Stoke & Fulham whether they are playing well or not. Bearing in mind Villa have played Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool & Arsenal and only lost one of them. I'd put a small amount of money on Villa personally ;)

Top 4 teams shouldn't be losing to Hull' date=' Stoke & Fulham whether they are playing well or not. Bearing in mind Villa have played Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool & Arsenal and only lost one of them. I'd put a small amount of money on Villa personally ;)[/quote']

Yeah shoudn't but we're in bad form. Besides they where they big wins? Not reali and we've still got to play these teams again?

Arsenal will still be in the top 4

This just isn't Arsenal. That's what a commentator on the match said mid-way through the second half, when we gave away the ball while passing. I agree with him entirely. Passing is the key aspect that runs the squad, and yesterday, I failed to see any exceptional passing whatsoever. Before I get in detail, I'll go over what I thought about every Gunner - on and off the pitch.

Almunia - I hope this is the only game in which he will blunder like this. I won't criticize him too much, as he did a splendid job at times and has played well enough in other matches to earn the captaincy over the club.

Gallas - He finally had his captaincy taken from him, thankfully. This apparently was due to him mouthing off about issues often left to a manager to say in an interview. Wenger even left him out of the squad yesterday and told him that he was free to leave. It looks like we'll be hunting for a center-back soon...

Toure - It was sad that he received a calf strain so close to the match. I don't think we would have conceded all three of those goals had he played in place of Djourou.

Silvestre & Clichy - These two did rather fine yesterday, although they did falter once, giving away Stephen Ireland's goal.

Djourou & Hoyte - The former is really close to being cemented into the squad. I would not be surprised to see him starting many more matches next season. The latter is not yet ready in my eyes. Wenger made a good decision to remove him in the second half.

Song & Denilson - They need to work on their passing, honestly. Denilson is already a skilled passer, but exhaustion always gets the better of him, screwing up his passing ability. Song needs to be more active during matches. I see him moving about a lot, but not so often having an impact at times when it mattered. Still, he is rather exceptional in getting the ball.

Diaby - He's always playing consistently. His physical ability is perfect for his role in the midfield, but I think he's better playing in the more offensive role that he did against United. I don't quite understand why Wenger took him off.

Nasri - Top of the line combination play with Diaby and Clichy, took some fine free kicks, and sets up plays really well. He's the perfect left midfielder for us.:D

Robin van Persie - He's still not at top form, and I hope he gets back there soon. Not much to comment on.

Bendtner - *Sighs miserably*... Okay, where to start... Um... How about his shooting? Oh wait, he didn't shoot for ****. How about his dribbling? Oh wait, he can't do that too. And his passing? It's the only attribute that will save him from any further embarrassment. Please Wenger, get Vela out there!:mad:

Vela - speaking of him, I think he should have done more work as a sub, but he was okay. I love his optimism though. 90 min, 3-0 down, and he's smiling!:P

Yeah shoudn't but we're in bad form. Besides they where they big wins? Not reali and we've still got to play these teams again?

Arsenal will still be in the top 4

Get real man there's bad form and then there's just playing bad, arsenal will probably lose most of their games against the remaining top 4 teams and against other lesser teams.

Also the worst thing about this is the premier league is going to lose fabregas to la liga next season, and once that happens arsenal really are doomed. :P:D:P

Villa have played the top four, winning one, drawing two and loosing one.

Thats better than United's two losses and one draw. ( not comparing us to united they are miles better )

My point is thats pretty impressive and i think if we can continue our form by buying a couple of players in January our momentum should keep going. Arsenal havent played well and lost, they have played AWFUl and lost. And for Arsenal fans to keep brushing off the fact other teams might finish fourth is arrogant and seting themselves up for a massive slap in the face. It nearly happened a few years ago when you was a lot stronger than you are now. A few signing wont change everything and but it will help. Arsenal are a great team, on their day but unless they have there day every week they dont look impressive.

EDIT : still think they will finish fourth, just think Villa can really push for it :D

Get real man there's bad form and then there's just playing bad' date=' arsenal will probably lose most of their games against the remaining top 4 teams and against other lesser teams.

Also the worst thing about this is the premier league is going to lose fabregas to la liga next season, and once that happens arsenal really are doomed. :P:D:P[/quote']

well considering Fabregas is now arsenal's captain i dont think we'll be losing him so that ends that ;)

Villa have played the top four' date=' winning one, drawing two and loosing one.

Thats better than United's two losses and one draw. ( not comparing us to united they are miles better )

My point is thats pretty impressive and i think if we can continue our form by buying a couple of players in January our momentum should keep going. Arsenal havent played well and lost, they have played AWFUl and lost. And for Arsenal fans to keep brushing off the fact other teams might finish fourth is arrogant and seting themselves up for a massive slap in the face. It nearly happened a few years ago when you was a lot stronger than you are now. A few signing wont change everything and but it will help. Arsenal are a great team, on their day but unless they have there day every week they dont look impressive.

EDIT : still think they will finish fourth, just think Villa can really push for it :D[/quote']

I agree with this, I think Villa as a club are going places. I think its great for the Premier League that another club is holding their own against the big boys. Just a shame it's Villa! :P

This just isn't Arsenal. That's what a commentator on the match said mid-way through the second half' date=' when we gave away the ball while passing. I agree with him entirely. Passing is the key aspect that runs the squad, and yesterday, I failed to see any exceptional passing whatsoever. Before I get in detail, I'll go over what I thought about every Gunner - on and off the pitch.

Almunia - I hope this is the only game in which he will blunder like this. I won't criticize him too much, as he did a splendid job at times and has played well enough in other matches to earn the captaincy over the club.

Gallas - He finally had his captaincy taken from him, thankfully. This apparently was due to him mouthing off about issues often left to a manager to say in an interview. Wenger even left him out of the squad yesterday and told him that he was free to leave. It looks like we'll be hunting for a center-back soon...

Toure - It was sad that he received a calf strain so close to the match. I don't think we would have conceded all three of those goals had he played in place of Djourou.

Silvestre & Clichy - These two did rather fine yesterday, although they did falter once, giving away Stephen Ireland's goal.

Djourou & Hoyte - The former is really close to being cemented into the squad. I would not be surprised to see him starting many more matches next season. The latter is not yet ready in my eyes. Wenger made a good decision to remove him in the second half.

Song & Denilson - They need to work on their passing, honestly. Denilson is already a skilled passer, but exhaustion always gets the better of him, screwing up his passing ability. Song needs to be more active during matches. I see him moving about a lot, but not so often having an impact at times when it mattered. Still, he is rather exceptional in getting the ball.

Diaby - He's always playing consistently. His physical ability is perfect for his role in the midfield, but I think he's better playing in the more offensive role that he did against United. I don't quite understand why Wenger took him off.

Nasri - Top of the line combination play with Diaby and Clichy, took some fine free kicks, and sets up plays really well. He's the perfect left midfielder for us.:D

Robin van Persie - He's still not at top form, and I hope he gets back there soon. Not much to comment on.

Bendtner - *Sighs miserably*... Okay, where to start... Um... How about his shooting? Oh wait, he didn't shoot for ****. How about his dribbling? Oh wait, he can't do that too. And his passing? It's the only attribute that will save him from any further embarrassment. Please Wenger, get Vela out there!:mad:

Vela - speaking of him, I think he should have done more work as a sub, but he was okay. I love his optimism though. 90 min, 3-0 down, and he's smiling!:P[/quote']

tbh apart from Toure,van persie,nasri and vela all of them are not Arsenal quality. How the hell can you replace Flamini and Hleb with someone no way near their class:rolleyes:

And apart from Chelsea imo all clubs need their best 11 out there at most times to consistently get results.

tbh apart from Toure' date='van persie,nasri and vela all of them are not Arsenal quality. How the hell can you replace Flamini and Hleb with someone no way near their class:rolleyes:

And apart from Chelsea imo [b']all clubs need their best 11 out there at most times to consistently get results[/b].

Easier said than done, there. :rolleyes: Walcott, Sagna, Eboue, and Fabregas couldn't play. Eduardo and Rosicky, both of who are great players, haven't played in ages due to injury...

well considering Fabregas is now arsenal's captain i dont think we'll be losing him so that ends that ;)

R u a little slow the only reason fabregas is captain is because he is ur best player, once this season is over and arsenal r in the uefa cup, wiv no trophies for 4 years he will go to a big club (barca) and actually hav a good career

Viera was Arsenal's best captain this decade' date=' and he still left. You will see Fabregas in Spain within the next two seasons.[/quote']

I think that he left because of his age and because Wenger could nurture him no longer. Fabregas though, has much time to play before moving, probably more than three seasons - if he does move. Anyway, looking at Hleb and Henry, I think Spain is a grave yard for Premier League players. I don't see why he would want to move their other than because he was born their.

Rumours are Xavi is leaving, would be an ideal replacement. ;) !

I think its touching cloth time for you gunners now, not because of your form but because the chances of you winning a major trophy are slim, and he wants to win trophies. He is after all a very talented football player. Again, you all brushing off the fact he could leave is setting yourself up for a big slap in teh face

R u a little slow the only reason fabregas is captain is because he is ur best player' date=' once this season is over and arsenal r in the uefa cup, wiv no trophies for 4 years he will go to a big club (barca) and actually hav a good career[/quote']

erm not really, but your clearly deluded. But being a newcastle fan would clearly make u an expert on Arsenal affairs, i sense a hint of jealousy seeing as NUFC will never have any1 as good as Fabregas on their team ;)

I think that he left because of his age and because Wenger could nurture him no longer. Fabregas though' date=' has much time to play before moving, probably more than three seasons - if he does move. Anyway, looking at Hleb and Henry, I think Spain is a grave yard for Premier League players. [b']I don't see why he would want to move their other than because he was born their.[/b]

1) Closer to familia

2) Trophies

3) Supported them since childhood (went to first game aged 9 months :eek: )

Also the likes of Forlan, Pique and Ruud counter the argument that Spain is a grave yard for Premier League Players.

1) Closer to familia

2) Trophies

3) Supported them since childhood (went to first game aged 9 months :eek: )

Also the likes of Forlan' date=' Pique and Ruud counter the argument that Spain is a grave yard for Premier League Players.[/quote']

Ruud was just as good when he left :P But thats only 4 keep on listing