• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• infernito

• JCAFC

• 123_ABC

• Lordy -RBA-

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Arsenal Thread A team that managed to overhaul a 13 point gap from their neighbours and finish above them last season, after the worst start in the clubs history, decide to improve thei

Re: Arsenal Gossip I can fully understand where Wenger is coming from and I appreciate it's not an ideal time to give a composed and informed interview so soon after that incident. While there is mer

Re: Official Arsenal Thread Very unimpressive list of England internationals, which may explain why the NT itself has been rather unimpressive for the last few decades. Villa is a EPL club from th

Re: Arsenal Gossip

and u clearly do i dont think i've seen 1 constructive post from u about Arsenal FC?

Just incase the comment was for me..

Here is a thread where you are calling for the head (or close to) for the man who built your current squad (which I defended)

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=32753

Here is a thread were you was asking about Arsenals current situation and once again I said more than nice things about them.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=32544

And if you scan this entire Gossip thread I have always said good things about Arsenal, just a few posts back I said Cesc will stay.

If you guys cant handle other people calling Arsenal so have to start attacking everyone then I seriously doubt a public football forum is the place for you.

Whose this aimed towards ?

You lot need to calm down . . . or ill close this thread for a calm down period. or will just have to watch it every two seconds to delete and edit posts that could cause arguments

:)

i apologize for this, not not u Neller

Its directed towards, well i'm sure he knows ;)

i'm sorry to the rest of u guys for having to suffer his inmaturity

Yeah, Neller i know you're always saying good things about the club... but you know its just.... eh im just angry okay

I mean say if liverpool was bombarded with insults (not saying there was any) i think you'd get ticked.. Okay sorry about that my fault just got angry okay.

Now please just dont talk about this any more..... You can talk about it when we lose all our games :rolleyes:

But honestly for the people getting mad at rival fans ask yourself this...

1. Do you really care about opinions from people you dont know?

2. Do you rate there opinion so highly on your club its worth getting mad over?

3. You think they know more about your club than you?

When rival fans call LFC I honestly dont care at all, I will debate it but it never bothers me in the slightest as they fail on all 3 above.

Even if they passed I still wouldnt give a flying .... :D

But honestly for the people getting mad at rival fans ask yourself this...

1. Do you really care about opinions from people you dont know?

2. Do you rate there opinion so highly on your club its worth getting mad over?

3. You think they know more about your club than you?

When rival fans call LFC I honestly dont care at all' date=' I will debate it but it never bothers me in the slightest as they fail on all 3 above.

Even if they passed I still wouldnt give a flying .... :D[/quote']

Exactly in my eyes, only my opinion is rite haha ;) then again when isn't it, O.J

i just reply because i like arguing haha

Yeah' date=' Neller i know you're always saying good things about the club... but you know its just.... eh im just angry okay

I mean say if liverpool was bombarded with insults (not saying there was any) i think you'd get ticked.. Okay sorry about that my fault just got angry okay.

Now please just dont talk about this any more..... You can talk about it when we lose all our games :rolleyes:[/quote']

dont worry :) its only a heated debate, and no I honestly wouldnt care if we was bombared with insults, Man Utd fans have been insulting LFC for god knows how long on this forum on a daily basis and it just goes over the top of my head :D

I love stirring Man Utd fans up and they love doing the same, its all part of football imo and if Liverpool was struggling like you have been this season and Arsenal were doing good then Arsenal fans would be having a crack at us, Danny always does! :P

Anyways back to Arsenal...

Bad run yes, end of the world hardly. I dont think Cesc will leave and by the end of the year I do think Arsenal will have turned things around and by next season most your youngsters would have had more games and will do quite well I think.

Winning the title will still be VERY hard both for LFC and Arsenal, the Squad Chelsea has and the money to add to it is frightning, Man Utd have some VERY good players (albeit 30mil a piece) and a few 10-18mil subs.

Its going to be very hard to catch those 2 during a whole season, I know some people say its not about the money but when you look at most the best players ask how they got them ;) (that is were Arsenal excel)

Anyways back to Arsenal...

Bad run yes' date=' end of the world hardly. I dont think Cesc will leave and by the end of the year I do think Arsenal will have turned things around and by next season most your youngsters would have had more games and will do quite well I think.

Winning the title will still be VERY hard both for LFC and Arsenal, the Squad Chelsea has and the money to add to it is frightning, Man Utd have some VERY good players (albeit 30mil a piece) and a few 10-18mil subs.

Its going to be very hard to catch those 2 during a whole season, I know some people say its not about the money but when you look at most the best players ask how they got them ;) (that is were Arsenal excel)[/quote']

No apparently we steal most of our youngster for Barca or in general :confused:

I'm glad the credit crunch is hitting Roman, hopefully will send them back to where they belong .......... 5th :D

No apparently we steal most of our youngster for Barca or in general :confused:

I'm glad the credit crunch is hitting Roman' date=' hopefully will send them back to where they belong .......... 5th :D[/quote']

Once again.. do you think you steal your younsters? :)

Arsenal have an excellent scouting network and "buy" most there youngsters. Yes you could call some of what they do "poaching" a little but so what.

Barca went nuts when Arsenal "poached" Cesc, yet Barca do it every year to teams, they have done it to Arsenal for ages well before they even signed Cesc and the difference is they do it with already established players (them and Madrid tried it for years with Vieira).

Man Utd went mad all summer about Madrid trying to get Ronaldo, yet they went and did the same thing to Spurs with Berbs (and countless other players), Rooney, Harg, etc etc.

Liverpool tried it with Barry, and have done it a few times with other players, Chelsea have done it, everyone does it

Once again.. do you think you steal your younsters? :)

Arsenal have an excellent scouting network and "buy" most there youngsters. Yes you could call some of what they do "poaching" a little but so what.

Barca went nuts when Arsenal "poached" Cesc' date=' yet Barca do it every year to teams, they have done it to Arsenal for ages well before they even signed Cesc and the difference is they do it with already established players (them and Madrid tried it for years with Vieira).

Man Utd went mad all summer about Madrid trying to get Ronaldo, yet they went and did the same thing to Spurs with Berbs (and countless other players), Rooney, Harg, etc etc.

Liverpool tried it with Barry, and have done it a few times with other players, Chelsea have done it, everyone does it[/quote']

well a lot of the CC squad is developed through the academy. Yeah Barca went mad, yet the stole messi ;)

Another match, another update:p

I think the scoreline today was what we deserved. We didn't play well enough for a 2-0, nor badly enough for a 0-0. We had some epic possession and some epic short passing, but the result would have been much more interesting had we passed more adventurously.

My opinions/ratings on the players' performances:

Almunia - He didn't do anything significant, except for one occasion, when Dynamo Kiev had a clear chance to score. Almunia did what he had to, charging out and getting rid of the shot immediately. 7.5/10

Gallas - He slipped up towards the back and nearly gave the opposition a clear goal, but they missed, to our fortune. During the first half though, he nearly scored twice, somewhat balancing out his performance. Nothing bad happened that would have put his career in any more scrutiny, and he seemed cool despite being deprived of his captaincy. 7/10

Silvestre - Played quietly, not doing much. Nothing special to talk about. 7/10

Clichy - He did a great job linking up with Denilson on the left wing. 8.5/10

Djourou - He tried his best to be like Clichy, combining with the attacks and playing the role of a winger, but it seems that he's more of a center-back. He still did okay though, so an 8/10 from me.

Denilson - He's perfect when it comes to a game of passing. He never fails to control attacks with his great passing ability, but he needs to expand that ability to through passes and aerial passes. He should also work on other things than passing, such as tackling, but as far as this match goes, he deserves a 9/10.

Fabregas - His name seems to sound good with any adjective. Fantastic Fabregas, Fabulous Fabregas, Super Cesc, Captain Fabtastic... Well anyway, :P he did a wonderful job in his first captaincy for the Gunners. He played especially well with van Persie, Denilson, and Song. Plus, he got an assist! A 9/10 for the captain.

Song - Is he capable of being the next Gilberto Silva? It's not impossible, surely. He plays really well in defensive situations and can support Cesc a lot of times. Whether or not he's our future DM, he deserves an 8/10 for sure.

Ramsey - He now has one starting appearance for Arsenal in the Champions League. He had some chances in the first half and, although playing in the RM position, played in a way that convinced me that he is more of a Nasri-like player than the Fabregas-like player that I expected. He got tired in the second half and was consequently subbed off, however. I would say a 7/10 for him.

van Persie - He executed all those set pieces perfectly, setting up chances for others, but I think he should have done more during live ball situations. At times he didn't seem to push forward with enough determination and failed to create many chances for himself, so he deserves no more (but no less) than a 7/10 or so.

Vela - Another player getting his Champions League debut is Vela. He did well in creating chances, but couldn't make it past the keeper. He still did enough for a 7/10.

Wilshere - He played only for a fraction of the match, and didn't do much. He did, however, break Arsenal's record for the youngest Gunner to play in a European match. I noticed that he has a disproportionally large head.:P Anyway, he only played enough for a 6/10.

Bendtner - Well, it looks like my Bendtnerphobia could be over. I cringed at the sight of him arriving in place of Ramsey, but actually cheered for him once when he scored a rather controversial goal in the final five minutes of the match. The first controversy was that Fabregas, from whom the chance was created, took a free kick while the ball was rolling just slightly. The second was that Bendtner seemed to have made the first touch on the ball with his left upper arm, but only the Kiev defenders could see it. Maybe the pink boots he wore distracted the ref. :P I have to say that the goal was a fortunate one and that he didn't do much else except get a yellow card for taking off his shirt unneccessarily after the goal, so I would only give him a 7/10.

Aliev - Now for Kiev. Well.... Prospect or not, Aliev needs to learn how to play football the right way. I don't care how much he rose on SM (not shooting Ben down here, it was a good find:p). He got a yellow card sometime in the match for dissent, apparently, and received his second one after pushing the referee, who had become impatient over a Kiev free kick. He actually should have gotten that second one much sooner, when he held a spectacular presentation of a dive. One second he was rolling in "pain," and very next second (maybe even less) he was running like an Olympic Athlete for a loose ball. I can't believe he was lucky to get away with that. :mad: I'm telling you, even C. Ronaldo would have been jealous of that dive. :P 3/10 for you, Aliev.

Milevsky - He did okay for Kiev as a forward, and almost scored a few times. He got a yellow card in the first half for what looked to me like an attempt to hug Cesc during a corner. :P Homosexual or not, he gets a 6/10 for his efforts.

Bagoura - Same performance as the former. 6/10 as well.

Whoever the heck the Kiev keeper was - Good keeping there. He made sure none (except Bendtner) could shoot past him. 6/10 as well...

Altogether, this was a good day. Some of the youngsters had a chance to play and we got to see more of their playing styles.

Well, that's it for now. I'm tired. :P I'll post again before the Chelsea match... :)

Well looky here.

:P After an emotional win at last, we have to face our rivals Chelsea. Oh the drama. :rolleyes:

Nasri, Ade, and Sagna could all be back for that. And if Ade's back, then we could see him and Bendtner together in front which seems to have been the only way Bendtner scored goals earlier this season (and even before that).

Speaking of the Dane, he seems to be wanted by Spartak Moscow, who have £5 million planned for him. They should actually be targeting those pink miracle boots of his. :P

Also.... Podolski's getting restless at Bayern Munich and the rumors are that he is wanted by Arsenal and City. Two things are possible here: 1. Wenger denies it, and right before City gets him, we hijack another signing from them. :D 2. Wenger "says" he's interested, and City up the ante and outbid Wenger, who actually doesn't give a ****. :P

It's Bendtner vs. Anelka

Nicklas vs. Nicolas

and... Pink vs. Pink....:P

So it turns out Anelka's got some homosexual boots of his own. Looks like Bendtner's boots are pinker though. *Phew* :D

Well anyway, Nasri, Sagna, and Ade are back. Another relief. I'm hoping that Wenger plays both Ade and Bendtner, as they seem to be the only forward pair that works at the moment :o (Ade + RvP works, but I'm sure Wenger wants to see even more of Bendtner after the Dynamo goal). Which of course means Song on the wing. Without Walcott, we need him to take the right-mid place, and Denilson is doing too well in the center to leave.

Also, Wenger has been saying that Fabregas, although technically just 21-year-old, is more like a 26-year-old in footballing terms.

"Basically he is 26 instead of being 21 because a player normally at 26, 27 years of age, he has 250 games for his club. That's why I believe, with the rest, he should just behave like he is used to."

I'm sure the Chelsea match will be like usual, resulting in a goal differential no more than 1... It better be our goal that matters though ;)

ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!

But really the first goal came from nowhere and persie was offside but im not complaining :D

First half we were out played and we were playing rubbish tbh Adebayor was **** the whole game. He barely did anything constructive whenever he got the ball he lost it.

PERSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chelsea 1-2 Arsenal

What a result for the Gunners. I was worried when we went behind through Djorou's own goal but we responded well and I feel we deserved to win. Van Persie was clearly offside for his first goal, but we need breaks like that at the moment.

Hopefully we can use this win to give us momentum to try and get back into the title race as we are now only 7 points behind Chelsea.

COME ON ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!