real life money league

just thinking about it..make a league every1 has to put say 2pounds to play 20 teams... winner of league gets 50% second 20% third 10% and winner of cup 20% i dont actually know if this is legal or not lol but it would be a league where you know people would be active, and the league doesnt start till every1 has a team - this may seem unfair for lower teams but it could cost more say 5pounds for barca and 1pound for corithains -- just a gamblers thought. ponder on the idea if u wish??

I already waste 2 quid a week on the Premiership/Championship Pools in work and a further 3 on the Lotto syndicate' date=' don't wanna become a mad gambler! Interesting idea, though i predict they'll review it and decide it's more hassle than it's worth, unless SM gets a juicy slice![/quote']

i fort just as much, they would want a cut! they can ave 20% final offer :D

Would be very supprised if they go for it ' date='theres a lot of youngsters on here so we shouldnt be promoting gambling.Also nothing to stop a load of mates doing it between theirselves anyway without involving S/M itself. :)[/quote']

arh, i fort they would be more 'cons' than 'pros' in this idea...oh well worth trying

i love the idea but don't think sm will do an official one any time soon, as bringing gambling into it makes it all very complicated.

there could always be a custom league on the forum where a respected forum member could start a paypal account and ask for £2 (or whatever) entry and manage it themselves. The person would have to be very highly trusted though, and would surely have to keep in ste's good books... (*bribebribe* lol)

I'd join :)

i love the idea but don't think sm will do an official one any time soon' date=' as bringing gambling into it makes it all very complicated.

there could always be a custom league on the forum where a respected forum member could start a paypal account and ask for £2 (or whatever) entry and manage it themselves. The person would have to be very highly trusted though, and would surely have to keep in ste's good books... (*bribebribe* lol)

I'd join :)[/quote']

yeah i agree it would be complicated, but only more trusted players could join say rep of 60+ and 1 or 2 mods would have to be in it or something, but it adds some spice too the game

i think the main problem with the idea, as mentioned by rarther and alan, is that there would be lots of legal red tape that could be problematic. if we were to have a 'gambler' setup, you would have to provide credit card details to prove age, and this could create a lot of work.

this seems good to me:

there could always be a custom league on the forum where a respected forum member could start a paypal account and ask for £2 (or whatever) entry and manage it themselves. The person would have to be very highly trusted though' date=' and would surely have to keep in ste's good books... (*bribebribe* lol)

I'd join :)[/quote']have seen it suggested before, but yet to be implemented that i know of... maybe if i ever get around to making a custom setup i will do it!! :)

i think the main problem with the idea' date=' as mentioned by rarther and alan, is that there would be lots of legal red tape that could be problematic. if we were to have a 'gambler' setup, you would have to provide credit card details to prove age, and this could create a lot of work.

this seems good to me:

have seen it suggested before, but yet to be implemented that i know of... maybe if i ever get around to making a custom setup i will do it!! :)[/quote']

sounds gd, thanks tebthereb!

i think the main problem with the idea' date=' as mentioned by rarther and alan, is that there would be lots of legal red tape that could be problematic. if we were to have a 'gambler' setup, you would have to provide credit card details to prove age, and this could create a lot of work.

this seems good to me:

have seen it suggested before, but yet to be implemented that i know of... maybe if i ever get around to making a custom setup i will do it!! :)[/quote']

Not positive but dosnt Fraser send prizes for his winners of his custom set up ,all out of his own pocket. :)

Would be very supprised if they go for it ' date='theres a lot of youngsters on here so we shouldnt be promoting gambling.Also nothing to stop a load of mates doing it between theirselves anyway without involving S/M itself. :)[/quote']

Agree totally with Alan's point here,the vast majority of user's would be young teenager's and let's face it there is enough temptation's out there without adding fuel to the fire.

Work mates who have their own setup could (and i know of some who have) implement this idea on their own without having to involve SM.The legal implication's of SM getting involved in an idea like this would be a minefield.

Sorry for sounding out so strongly but let's just keep it simple,that's why SM is such a big sucess,so if it ain't broke don't fix it ;)

i prefer SM as it is. having NO CASH prizes is more fun.

i have teams who i simply wouldn't select if it was cash orientated.

(cos i would win nothing).

i have for example: Hamilton Academicals, Darlington etc.

i have 3 bigger clubs, but I like a challenge with the so called smaller clubs.

NO ONE WOULD SELECT THE LOWER LEAGUE CLUBS IF CASH WAS INVOLVED.

I don't mind changes to improve the game, but DON'T take the fun out of it.

would this even be gambling, technically? it is not like betting on something beyond your control, as you would have a direct impact on the results of your team and thus the performance of every other team in the league.

i dont see a moral issue as such with this idea, it is not like we are suggesting an SM lotto or scratchcard, or setting up a facility to bet on real life games...we would be offering people the chance to put a small (and limited) amount of money down when entering the setup, and as such this would be a competition with a prize at the end, and not gambling...

Wouldnt it...?

True, people wouldnt choose the smaller teams, but i dont think this would be a huge issue as it would be a custom setup anyway, and likely to include teams of similar standards. If for instance i was to create this setup, i would create one where it was all 80 avg squad ratings sides.

would this even be gambling' date=' technically? it is not like betting on something beyond your control, as you would have a direct impact on the results of your team and thus the performance of every other team in the league.

i dont see a moral issue as such with this idea, it is not like we are suggesting an SM lotto or scratchcard, or setting up a facility to bet on real life games...we would be offering people the chance to put a small (and limited) amount of money down when entering the setup, and as such this would be a competition with a prize at the end, and not gambling...

Wouldnt it...?

True, people wouldnt choose the smaller teams, but i dont think this would be a huge issue as it would be a custom setup anyway, and likely to include teams of similar standards. If for instance i was to create this setup, i would create one where it was all 80 avg squad ratings sides.[/quote']

i agree with you, if you dont want to place money stick to the free leagues, but for some who do there would be a set up with the same standard teams, and a limited amount of money.

yes, set up with same standard teams would work better.

it would be good to have a choice between free or pay.

YES, It is gambling. NO UNDER 16's allowed to receive cash prizes.

(would need to make sure winners are over 16 yrs old).

taking cash payment to join and paying out cash prizes is gambling.

however, under the gaming laws, its a pools promoter license thats required to run such a thing. (pools promoter, covers fantasy soccer type games)

would certainly add more spice to selecting our formations etc.

yes' date=' set up with same standard teams would work better.

it would be good to have a choice between free or pay.

YES, It is gambling. NO UNDER 16's allowed to receive cash prizes.

(would need to make sure winners are over 16 yrs old).

taking cash payment to join and paying out cash prizes is gambling.

however, under the gaming laws, its a pools promoter license thats required to run such a thing. (pools promoter, covers fantasy soccer type games)

would certainly add more spice to selecting our formations etc.[/quote']

i completely agree

I agree - legally - it would be classed as gambling, and thus cause red tape for SM, i just meant morally i wouldnt technically class this as gambling (reason being that it is not betting on something determined purely by chance, as SM is determined (arguably :D ) by skill).

As such I dont see the harm of adding an optional feature like this to the game. I have never gambled before, including scratchcards etc, but would not object to taking part in something like this proposed setup, because my success would share a close relationship with the amount of effort I put in,and the skill of the other players.