Top players playing poorly?

Does anyone know why superb players, playing in position, play so poorly so often?

I've got a straight 4-4-2 with David Villa up top with Eto'o. Eto'o is hitting 7s, 8s and 9s every week but Villa's last five games read 4-4-3-5-3. I've tried resting him, then bringing him back after a week or so out. He's starting with full morale and at 100% fitness.

I also have Dani Alves at right mid and his latest ratings are 5-4-4-4-5. Again, he starts with full morale and fitness.

My team's doing fine, but Villa and Alves are playing rubbish for no reason that I can fathom. Anyone got any ideas?!

Re: Top players playing poorly?

Hmm...Villa was set as playmaker' date=' will change that. Cheers. No explanation for Alves, mind!

It's bloody annoying and seems to be just a random decision to make them rubbish. Grrr...[/quote']

David Villa used to be a goal machine on this game although i have to admit i have him at Barcelona and this season he has been absolutely utter pants in terms of goal return!

If you're in need of a of player who will over-perfom in terms of ratings then look no further than Mirko Vucinic (I'm sure he's a secret 99 rating!)

Yer players in their secondary positon performances vary. if both the first and second position is a similar part of the field e.g. CB/LB, CM/LM etc they play usually well. but if their secondary position is another location on the field e.g. RB/RM, DM/CB, W/F they dont tend to play as well. also i've found playing a basic 4-4-2 seems to always provide the worst results and player ratings- maybe try a more daring formation.

Yer players in their secondary positon performances vary. if both the first and second position is a similar part of the field e.g. CB/LB' date=' CM/LM etc they play usually well. [b']but if their secondary position is another location on the field e.g. RB/RM, DM/CB, W/F they dont tend to play as well.[/b] also i've found playing a basic 4-4-2 seems to always provide the worst results and player ratings- maybe try a more daring formation.

Not entirely true, IMO. In one of the setups I'm in, for example, the Pompey manager uses Danijel Pranjic (LM/LB) at LB, and he gets mostly 7s, 8s and occasional 6s. :confused:

Updated, after tonight's games.

Well, I made sure Villa was in the right position. Took him off being a target man / playmaker role...guess what?!

Another 4.

Ho hum.

Crazy thing is, the 4-4-2 (while not daring, I know - but I switched back after stopping getting results in other formations) has worked a dream. I just finished 2nd in the league having been some way off when I took over. Villa was one of the first signings I made, to try and get some more goals, but no matter what I do with him it just doesn't seem to work out.

I almost wonder if there's some sort of inbuilt randomiser that tries to replicate the fact that - in real life - players don't always settle at a new club, no matter how good they are?! I just have no explanation as to why a 96 rated forward, at full fitness and morale, playing in his best position, constantly rates 3s, 4s and - on a good day - 5s.

:confused:

Updated' date=' after tonight's games.

Well, I made sure Villa was in the right position. Took him off being a target man / playmaker role...guess what?!

Another 4.

Ho hum.

Crazy thing is, the 4-4-2 (while not daring, I know - but I switched back after stopping getting results in other formations) has worked a dream. I just finished 2nd in the league having been some way off when I took over. Villa was one of the first signings I made, to try and get some more goals, but no matter what I do with him it just doesn't seem to work out.

I almost wonder if there's some sort of inbuilt randomiser that tries to replicate the fact that - in real life - players don't always settle at a new club, no matter how good they are?! I just have no explanation as to why a 96 rated forward, at full fitness and morale, playing in his best position, constantly rates 3s, 4s and - on a good day - 5s.

:confused:[/quote']

i have no idea sorry :/ the match form is often inaccurate though so what are his

appearances number , number of assist , number of goals ?

that may show the full story a bit better :)

??????????????????

Because the game is ruled by randomness, I put out my full strength Madrid side recently and got beaten 5-3 against Hamburg, whilst previously my makeshift (mainly sub/youth) team that I forgot to change beat one team 5-2 and another 3-2 (2nd game only at 70/80% fitness).

Thats why I'm putting my youth squad out tonight against Chelsea, see what happens.

Updated' date=' after tonight's games.

Another 4.

Ho hum.

Crazy thing is, the 4-4-2 (while not daring, I know - but I switched back after stopping getting results in other formations) has worked a dream. I just finished 2nd in the league having been some way off when I took over. Villa was one of the first signings I made, to try and get some more goals, but no matter what I do with him it just doesn't seem to work out.[/quote']

Weird. Again.

Just out of curiosity, I checked his stats in the two setups I'm in (one a custom, another an EC). In the first, he has a grand total of 3 goals & 2 assists in 31 starts this season, while in the other, he's notched up 5 goals & an assist in 6 games. Hmm.

I almost wonder if there's some sort of inbuilt randomiser that tries to replicate the fact that - in real life - players don't always settle at a new club' date=' no matter how good they are?![/quote']

I've noticed that players usually get only an average rating (6 or 7) on their first appearance, but your case is strange. :confused:

As an aside, I recently signed Juan Mata from a Valencia side headed for relegation from Div. 1. His record with them was : 27 starts, 1 goal, 1 assist, average performance : 4.70 (despite playing in his natural position all season).

His record after joining my 2nd-division team : 3 starts, 1 sub, 2 goals, 2 assists, average performance : 7.85. Talk about settling in quickly! :eek: