Premier League Team of the Decade

Just noticed Ollie Kay's done one of these today, with interesting results. Friedel surprised me, but thinking about it he's probably been as consistently good as any other keeper over the last 10 years. Not sure whats going on with Gerrard at right back, mind.

Brad Friedel

Steven Gerrard

Ashley Cole

Rio Ferdinand

John Terry

Patrick Vieira

Roy Keane

Frank Lampard

Ryan Giggs

Cristiano Ronaldo

Thierry Henry

So anyway, who makes yours? Feel free to choose a different formation as well, obviously.

Re: Premier League Team of the Decade

Just noticed Ollie Kay's done one of these today' date=' with interesting results. Friedel surprised me, but thinking about it he's probably been as consistently good as any other keeper over the last 10 years. Not sure whats going on with Gerrard at right back, mind.

Brad Friedel

Steven Gerrard

Ashley Cole

Rio Ferdinand

John Terry

Patrick Vieira

Roy Keane

Frank Lampard

Ryan Giggs

Cristiano Ronaldo

Thierry Henry

So anyway, who makes yours? Feel free to choose a different formation as well, obviously.[/quote']

gerrard right back?

i know he would be best right back in the world if he played their as ive seen him play there before but hes played their like 5 times.

gerrard right back?

i know he would be best right back in the world if he played their as ive seen him play there before but hes played their like 5 times.

It was something about wanting to fit Keane, Vieira and Lampard in midfield, and there being no outstanding right backs if I remember correctly. I can't find the paper now though to be honest, I think the dogs been at it. :mad:

It was something about wanting to fit Keane' date=' Vieira and Lampard in midfield, and there being no outstanding right backs if I remember correctly. I can't find the paper now though to be honest, I think the dogs been at it. :mad:[/quote']

okayno worries but he has played a couple of games at right back and when he played their hes the best ive ever witness play their he was sheer class

Just noticed Ollie Kay's done one of these today' date=' with interesting results. Friedel surprised me, but thinking about it he's probably been as consistently good as any other keeper over the last 10 years. Not sure whats going on with Gerrard at right back, mind.

Brad Friedel

Steven Gerrard

Ashley Cole

Rio Ferdinand

John Terry

Patrick Vieira

Roy Keane

Frank Lampard

Ryan Giggs

Cristiano Ronaldo

Thierry Henry

So anyway, who makes yours? Feel free to choose a different formation as well, obviously.[/quote']

I think it would be hard to argue against any of those names being in the XI, but the formation is the sticking point, what with putting Gerrard in at RB (although, he's probably still do a good job). Indeed, there are very few players who I could think who you could argue would be worthy of consideration, due to the length of time that is up for debate. Players like Van Nistelrooy and Fabregas could be nominated but it's arguable whether they performed to such an elite level for a required amount of time. The 11 names mentioned above have been exceptional for the vast majority of the decade, with the exception of Vieira, who was just plain awesome until he fled to Italy. I'm happy with that side, until others suggest names that I have idly bypassed...

P.S. Love the new avatar Roko - very festive! :D

I think it would be hard to argue against any of those names being in the XI' date=' but the formation is the sticking point, what with putting Gerrard in at RB (although, he's probably still do a good job). Indeed, there are very few players who I could think who you could argue would be worthy of consideration, due to the length of time that is up for debate. Players like Van Nistelrooy and Fabregas could be nominated but it's arguable whether they performed to such an elite level for a required amount of time. The 11 names mentioned above have been exceptional for the vast majority of the decade, with the exception of Vieira, who was just plain awesome until he fled to Italy. I'm happy with that side, until others suggest names that I have idly bypassed...

P.S. Love the new avatar Roko - very festive! :D[/quote']

Yeah it's hard to argue with really, he did mention RvN in the article, I suppose if you went two up front he'd get in. I did wonder about Vieira and Keane, particularly the latter, as they're contribution was mostly in the first half of the decade. But really it's hard to pick out anyone who's been as good or better over a similar period. Arguably Scholes but again most of his best work came in the late ninties and early this decade. Theres bound to be at least one name that someone will put out there thats completely escaped me.

:D Ta. Gotta Christmas the place up a bit just in time for December.

Take off the England/Liverpool spectacles mate.

To be fair, there are no outstanding candidates to play at RB in this team. Maybe Neville, but I wouldn't rank his form as comparable as to those mentioned alongside, especailly with his non-existance in the past few seasons.

But granted, Gerrard wouldn't be the best right-back in the world if he played there week-in, week-out, although he'd be pretty good.

As for other suggestions, Makelele's a good shout, but I personally wouldn't include Hyypia or Carragher.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/07/17/1387845/premier-league-team-of-the-decade-2000-2010

Given

Ferdinand - Campbell - Terry

Vieira

Ronaldo - Gerrard - Lampard - Giggs

Van Nistelrooy - Henry

Edit: For got to do mine :o

Cech

Terry - Hyypiä - A. Cole

Makelele

Henry - Sherear.

B)

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/07/17/1387845/premier-league-team-of-the-decade-2000-2010

Given

Ferdinand - Campbell - Terry

Vieira

Van Nistelrooy - Henry

Edit: For got to do mine :o

Cech

Terry - Hyypiä - A. Cole

Makelele

Henry - Sherear.

B)

both of these are realy good! also its such a hard thing to do thit there is so meany quality teams you could have! second team i would have jamie over hyypia

Gk - Freidal

DF - Ferdinand

DF - Terry

DF - Carragher

MF - Giggs

MF - Scholes

MF - Vieira

MF - Keane

MF - Gerrard

ST - Van Nistelrooy

ST - Henry

SUB - Given

SUB - Neville (Gary)

SUB - Campbell

SUB - Lampard

SUB - Ronaldo

SUB - Rooney

SUB - Shearer

I know that is very narrow minded of me being a united fan but i belive that is the greatest team from this decade :o only 8 United out of the 18 :rolleyes:

..................VDS

Carragher...Rio.....Terry....Gallas

...............Scholes

.......Gerrard........Lampard

Ronaldo..................Giggs

..............Henry

i made my lineup with a lot of emphasis on the word "decade". i personally dont believe you should have a player on this if they have played in the premier league for less than 5 seasons. and i selected my players in terms of their contribution to the league over the last 10 years. so for example, i left out roy keane because his game dipped considerably half way into this current decade. his best time was probably in the 90s. similarly, i left out guys like RVN or makelele simply because they havent been playing in the league for long enough. in my lineup, all of the guys have played in the EPL for 8+ seasons except ronaldo. But then, he is such a good player that in his 5/6 years in the EPL, he was at least as influential as a lot of the other guys on here