English Championship 3951 Disscusion thread

AFC Chewis

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 3951 Disscusion thread

Sorry for the little club hop, but left MK Dons for for Bolton.

Previous manager ruined Bolton, all their players are 30+.

and TB, and they are looking they'll be relegated so I hope I can rebuild the squad.

Sorry for the little club hop' date=' but left MK Dons for for Bolton.

Previous manager ruined Bolton, all their players are 30+.

and TB, and they are looking they'll be relegated so I hope I can rebuild the squad.[/quote']

Oh dear not another "Glory Boy" :D:D:D

Bristol City lose to top of table Norwich....Think we avoid relegation...

Burnley beat Preston 5-2 to stave of relegation' date='[/quote']

Well done man, i was expecting that. Had to play with a very weak defence so i cant complain. Besides you needed the win more then i did so im not too bothered:)

What a result

:D

Drew away to Bradford' date=' [b']2-2[/b], Bradford are at the quality of Division 2 level

:eek: Looking at the scoring i was 2-0 up, then Prutton got sent off and then they get 2 goals back with the equaliser in the 88th minute :eek:

Prutton suspended for 3 games

Reuben Reid out for 3 weeks

A great point for you although looking at the stats a draw was the least i deserved. Iwelumo the goal machine saved me though.

Well the final day of the season is upon us. Middlesbrough play Norwich City tonight and after our latest two wins, another win tonight would mean we would finish the season on a high.

I was thinking of creating a 3951 discussion group as there doesn't seem to be one already. I know this setup isn't as active as some of the other major ECs but it would just give us a place to talk about things related to this game world. Anyone got any ideas/suggestions/problems with this?

Bradford win away to Exeter to break the 100 point barrier. In a season of records for me on SM:

Bradford got 102 points.

Scored 149 goals.

Went all season unbeaten away from home.

Iwelumo scored 43 league goals in just 30 games.

Bring on division 3!

TOP TEN FINISH PLEASES RICHARDSON

Oldham Athletic 1-1 Gillingham

To most the game didnt mean anything, Gillingham were too far away from either promotion or relegation to care on the final day of the season against a side already relegated. You just try and tell Darren Richardson that. At the tail end of last season once their miraculous escape from relegation was completed by Gillinghams Messiah he ordered a top ten finish was what he would ask of his players rather than to just avoid relegation. The point gained against Oldham proved to be vital as the Gills finish in tenth place on goal difference courtesy of Colchesters 1-1 draw.

We caught up with a very happy scotsman.

It's great news that we have managed to achieve the goals I set out for the lads. I was looking for a response from them and to be honest with you, I'm blown away. We have finished six points behind the play off positions and thats only because we let ourselves down in the final four games. Crewe and Oldham should have been victories for us considering their poor form. Colchester was a match we dominated and should have won but we failed to take our chances. If we win those games rather than two draws and a defeat then we are looking at the play offs right now with the seven extra points we would have had. Overall though I'm pleased with the season and pleased with the £1.3m extra thats now added to my transfer budget with the tenth placed finish. Those extra six places are worth a good deal of money to a club like Gillingham and we can now afford to go out and purchase the targets I had in mind. It is refreshing to know that we can add more strength and depth to the squad and lets just try and achieve another top ten finish in the coming season. Unless of course some big investor comes along and pumps millions into the club, then maybe we could push for the title!

The eternal optimist hoping for a wealthy new owner, he may just have to settle for the few small signings again this season but given his previous track record - that could be enough to send the Gills even closer to promotion next year. Although just whisper it near Priestfield though, Richardson does not enjoy talking of possible promotions for fear of ending the season with egg on his face.

If they have time, could people take a look at the discussion group and vote for their manager of the season.:)

Also a reminder for people in 3951 that there is a discussion group for this game world so if you haven't already then you can apply and I will accept it ASAP.:)

If they have time' date=' could people take a look at the discussion group and vote for their manager of the season.:)

Also a reminder for people in 3951 that there is a discussion group for this game world so if you haven't already then you can apply and I will accept it ASAP.:)[/quote']

would be easier if you put in choices there :)

Watch out for my West Brom side next year joined them with 5 games to go won 3 and lost 2, and the teams i lost to were no mugs in Sunderland and Wigan. I finished 14th this season but am looking for a top 10 finish next season hopefully.

Good luck too all of those in the play-offs.

KangarooJack09

Preston North End Season review.

As Preston manager, i have to say i have been proud of our efforts this season. There have been a few bumpy moments with us having taken some heavy beatings against the bigger sides but all in all I cant complain, especially when you bear in mind how small our squad is and how little money i have had to spend. There will be one or two additions to the squad during the season break, during which i take charge of Argentina in the world cup.

Season review

The season began well enough for Preston with a solid two all draw away at Portsmouth. What that result did was set the tone for Preston being stronger away from home then at home. A sticky patch soon followed with three defeats on the bounce including two heavy ones at home to Aston Villa and away to Tottenham Hotspur. Then a much needed moral boosting win against Blackburn lifted spirits as Preston claimed their first win in the top flight. This was followed by a solid run of form in which North end progressed in both cup competitions and claimed league wins away at Newcastle and at home to Chelsea as well as taking an impressive point at Liverpool. After a disappointing loss at home to Stoke, Preston bounced back with five wins in a row during the middle of January as they looked to consolidate their place in the division. They then suffered four defeats in five, a run which saw them knocked out of the cup by Portsmouth. Preston did reach the Semi Finals of the shield where they were beaten by Manchester United. Throughout the remainder of the League campaign Preston's form remained patchy but it was enough to see them in a comfortable 11th place well away from the threat of relegation.

Star Player

Without a doubt, Preston's star man this season was Alexander Frei, whose twenty goals played a huge part in keeping the club in the first division. He and Marco Borellilo formed a great partnership which was much needed as we had a severe lack of depth in that position.

Transfer Targets.

I don't know who we are looking for at the moment as there are many positions we need to strengthen:D but once the chairman has invested we will certainly be looking for fresh young blood.

Aims for next season.

1. Avoid relegation.

2. Try to finish higher in the table.

3. Try to avoid so many heavy defeats.

4. Do better against Tottenham:p

Alright lads - how's it going?

I took over Derby two games ago:-

Beat Bristol Rovers 4-1

Beat Tranmere 8-0 (71% possesion away from home!)

Whilst both clubs are unmanaged, I take great confidence from these results.

I will be looking to do well in the new season and take Derby up directly - avoiding the silly playoff malarky.

I look forward to locking horns with you all!

Ed

Sorry about that Chewis. When I took over Plymouth, we were lurking over the relagation zone and 25 games later managed to finish second. That's a great achievement because before I took over,the team hardly had any quality and I believe with the recent signings and a couple more to come I should be equiped for a comfortable mid table position next season .

would be easier if you put in choices there :)

Yeah I thought about that but I might miss out some potential winners as everyone has their opinions about these things.

Alright lads - how's it going?

I took over Derby two games ago:-

Beat Bristol Rovers 4-1

Beat Tranmere 8-0 (71% possesion away from home!)

Whilst both clubs are unmanaged' date=' I take great confidence from these results.

I will be looking to do well in the new season and take Derby up directly - avoiding the silly playoff malarky.

I look forward to locking horns with you all!

Ed[/quote']

Welcome Ed. Nice to see another member of 5579/4 region challenge on board.:)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That it i am going to quit sm only joking

Charlton in the top 2 of the div 3 all season untill the last day where i lose to Plymouth he finsh 2nd god sake. Now have to the bloody playoofs

You will probably get beat in the play offs aswell just to make it worse.:P