Antonio Valencia *must* get a 91.

ozblu3

Re: Antonio Valencia *must* get a 91.

may be off topic' date=' but i read that manu only bought valencia cuz they couldn't afford david silva :P they claimed the ronaldo money was used to pay off old loans :D[/quote']

tbh i doubt silva would have cost all that much more (although he is the better player)

may be off topic' date=' but i read that manu only bought valencia cuz they couldn't afford david silva :P they claimed the ronaldo money was used to pay off old loans :D[/quote']

maybe true : but valencia = cheaper = a 91 instead of 93 ;)

david silva is amazingly good valencia is just very good but im still very pleased with his performances so far has done very well and was a good buy i think :)

tbh same with every club - man city only got adeebayor cos they couldn't get david villa , arsenal only got almunia cos they cant get casillias etc etc :P

every club has to downgrade slightly from their ideal targets and same now with valencia not silva i think :)

Should easily get a 91 now... Coming into his own now on the wing at United.

He had a shaky start but now looks more comfortable and could easily warrant a 91 if he continues, maybe 90 for now and then a +2 if carries on his current form.

Actually, looking at Nani's rating, he should get a 91/2 right now!!!

:confused: assist hatrick against wigan and 2 goals earlier this season?

EDIT: sorry for double posting

Are you seriously not willing to admit that his crossing has always been mediocre at best? Even the commentator brought it up after his first cross (which was good). Most of his crossing today was good so it looks like he's improved. He'll have to show consistency and not just the odd great game. The wigan defence didn't exactly make it hard for him either in the 9-1 win. I've always been an admirer of him and fully expect him to go to south africa so long as his good form continues. Even the most diehard spurs fan would say that his crossing hasn't always been great and it's the one thing that has let him down. He seems to be over it though so 90 is on the way and 91 if he gets the england spot.

Are you seriously not willing to admit that his crossing has always been mediocre at best? Even the commentator brought it up after his first cross (which was good). Most of his crossing today was good so it looks like he's improved. He'll have to show consistency and not just the odd great game. The wigan defence didn't exactly make it hard for him either in the 9-1 win. I've always been an admirer of him and fully expect him to go to south africa so long as his good form continues. Even the most diehard spurs fan would say that his crossing hasn't always been great and it's the one thing that has let him down. He seems to be over it though so 90 is on the way and 91 if he gets the england spot.

Well i admit defeat m8. :D:P

what the...?:confused: Have never said his crossing is perfect! U said he had no goals and only one assist, thats not correct. I never said anything bout his crossing?:confused:

LOL Milner and Walcott being compared to Valencia. Just LOL.

Valencia is has more strength, better crosser and more pace than both of them combined. Walcott even with his pace struggles to get past anyone. Milner crosses well but still no way near Valencia.

Where Valencia has impressed a lot is when he came in the first 2 or 3 games he did what he did at Wigan. Stayed wide, beat his man and crossed the ball only to find half the time there weren't many in the box. Since he comes inside a hell of a lot more and is extremely effective. And unlike Walcott he does not get shrugged of the ball easily as hes quite strong. Lennon and Valencia atm are as good as each other. 91 easily for me. Been our best player in some of our games.

what the...?:confused: Have never said his crossing is perfect! U said he had no goals and only one assist' date=' thats not correct. I never said anything bout his crossing?:confused:[/quote']

I meant that he got just the one assist vs Everton... lol my mistake, bad wording. He's got much more throughout the season and i'm expecting lots more too :)

• 60-70 - A player who has just started his career or playing non-league football;
  • 70-75 - A player who has just started his career or playing in the fourth tier within the major world leagues;
  • 75-80 - A player who has proved himself on a regular basis in the third tier within the major world leagues or 'minor' leagues;
  • 80-85 - A player who has proved himself on a regular basis in the second tier within the major world leagues or 'lesser' leagues;
  • 85-90 - A player who has proved himself on a regular basis in one of the major world leagues or excelled in a 'lesser' league;
  • 90-95 - A player who has proved his class on a regular basis in one of the major world leagues or for a top ranked national team or on the continental stage;
  • 95+ - A player who has proved his class both on the domestic and continental or international stage.

Of these, where does Valencia fit in?

Well, Valencia hasn't "proven" himself on the continental circuit, he is in the process of "proving" himself, like many other starquality young players.

But he's been scoring goals in Europe and in the league, 5 goals thus far. Consider it that his strong performances, not his goal-scoring form got him an 89 while at Wigan. He has adapted well to life at a bigger club, putting in good strong performances. He's having to adapt his style of play to suit a new team, while still putting in strong performances, and he has done well to improve his shots and goals ratios.

A +1 to 90 is guaranteed on the basis of moving to a bigger club, and holding down a spot there (& imo, he should get another 1 for doing so well on the right wing to please the club & it's fans. it can't have been easy replacing The BPITW, but he's doing a very effective job, which has eased the pain of seeing Ronaldo go for £80m :P.).

But his performances in the Champions League, the 2 goals he scored away from home, and his few assists, when considered with his tireless performances and status at the club, must ensure he gets a 91.

There is a bit of a 'FIFA situation' in the SM world I think...

Valencia's deffo a 90, 91 even, considering his improving form for United after seeing EVERY game this season he is now coming into his own.

The FIFA comment boils down to these 'lesser' named players such as Valencia, who people dont really see much of along with the likes of Fletcher and O'Shea.

O'Shea played in the Champions League final last season, though he lost, and Fletcher did everything to ensure United got there but being Scottish and Irish hinder them. Fletcher is deffo up there at the moment on the world stage.

Though O'Shea might not be quite up there with the Maicons, he has been consistant for United at right back which should ensure a rise to 90 minimum not forgetting unbeaten in the World Cup qualifiers for Ireland, or even a 91 due to the kind of games he's played.

Anyway, we'll see what Valencia gets from Platini, sorry, the SM raters. Ooh, here's one, who will be higher after the ratings change, Valencia or Lennon..?

Lennon's consistent so far this season...

17 starts, 3 goals (league), 7 assists

Valencia...

15 starts, 5 goals, 3 assists

Not being Funny but this thread would be a whole lot more relevant if the title was the following:

Valencia MUST NOT get a 91

He has been poor for the majority of the season IMO, though to give him his due he has started performing to the standard he is capable of in the last 5-6 matches where he seems to have gained some onfidence and self belief, but in no way does that justify a +2 IMO a +1 is a maybe though I think personally an 89 is fine ATM 5-6 good games in a row dont justify a rise, IMO you have to maintain form over a longer stretch

PS: before anybody says anything it aint an anti Utd thing im always very honest with my rating opinions regardless of team

Not being Funny but this thread would be a whole lot more relevant if the title was the following:

Valencia MUST NOT get a 91

He has been poor for the majority of the season IMO' date=' though to give him his due he has started performing to the standard he is capable of in the last 5-6 matches where he seems to have gained some onfidence and self belief, but in no way does that justify a +2 IMO a +1 is a maybe though I think personally an 89 is fine ATM 5-6 good games in a row dont justify a rise, IMO you have to maintain form over a longer stretch

PS: before anybody says anything it aint an anti Utd thing im always very honest with my rating opinions regardless of team[/quote']

You mate, must be a blind Scouser, or uninformed. Poor performances all season >?<, how will you justify this?. He's played brilliant all season, and played a big part in nearly every game this season. Either as a starter or impact sub, he's done a brilliant job in the absence of Ronaldo. He's a traditional winger, and is improving his game in more unorthodox ways for a winger, similar to what Ronaldo used to do ;).

And Valencia hasn't merely played 5 or 6 games in a row, it is December now ya know - not September into the 2nd or 3rd month of this season, coming on the halfway point mate. Val has played in nearly every game for United this season, and played well sticking to his guns at first, then as he is becoming more settled, is adapting and improving his game to improve his status at a much bigger club.

In only minutes now, he has played more time than anyone barring our work-horse Wayne Rooney. To say he's hardly played is absurd!.

How you got your 10 rep points is beyond me upon sighting of this poor and uninformed comment.