Sign in to follow this  
sonofpluto

Gold Championship 81

Re: Gold Championship 81

sky-sports-news.jpg

Fulham win the English Shield.

32_1203570233.gif11_gold.png

Fulham win their 1st honour of the new era after beating Bolton 2-0 in front of 85,000 at Wembley. The fans and players are said to be ecstatic however the manager is urging them to keep their feet on the ground as there is still a long season ahead and the main objective is to finish in an Smfa place.

Ringing the bells of change at Chelsea

Firstly, Kalou (90) is available for cash, usually i wouldnt do this but i could do with a little cash and with the ridiculous amount of forwards i have Anelka, Drogs, Chamakh and Sturrdige i can afford to let him go, especially as i play one up top :P

Highest bid wins :)

Also looking to part ex Deco and Anelka out for one player, 93 plus, AM preferably :) maybe a winger. Let me know if you have a player who fits that criteria.

Also looking to swap out Ivanovic (90) for a similar rated or lower CB

Finally Carvalho and Alex are available, and i will be fair, a replacement must be offered though

Guest Daragh

Italian Shield Final

Genoa 7 - 1 Modena

Sculli (20, 24, 81, 89)

Rickler (27)

Tomovic (35)

Crespo (53)

Jankovic (72)

Serie-A-Genoa-Giuseppe-Sculli_1799945.jpg

Man of the match Sculli encourages team mates after his first goal

There was a special atmosphere around the ground as both sets of fans qued at the gates waiting to enter the stadium. Fans sang and chanted and their was a lot of friendly banter between both sets of fans. Behind the scenes there was a tense atmosphere. This was the biggest game in both clubs history. The players walked out onto the pitch in their Shield Final suits to get a look at the stadium and pitch.

As Jerome Damon blew his whistle to signal kick off, the fans let a huge roar to encourage their team, the adrenaline quickly pumpt into both sets of players. The first ten minutes were shaky from both side as we saw several chances go begging including a great chance from Sokratis Papastathopoulos who saw his shot hit the post. The break through came in the 20th minute when Sculli slotted home a neatly finished goal to put his side ahead. 4 minutes later, Sculli's great work rate saw him chase down keeper Narciso who fumbled the ball and Sculli was on the end of it to get his just rewards and to increase his sides lead. Modena refused to give up though and 3 minutes later, Cesare Rickler beatt the offside trap and neatly finished off a great move to make it 2-1. Modena fans let their joy known and tried to encourage their team to get another. In the 35th minute, Nenad Tomovic showed great determination as he advanced up the pitch to recieve the ball outside the box and lob it over Narciso.

The second half started and Genoa were in control. Modena started off very shaky once again as they knew they could not afford to concede another. In the 53rd minute, Hernan Crespo converted a fantastic cross with a well placed header. Tavey wasn't finished there though, he wanted more, he allowed Bosko Jankovic more of a free role and it clearly paid off after Jankovic hit a powerful long range shot in off the post to make it 5-1. In the 82nd minute, Sculli recieved the ball and only had one thing in his mind, to get his hat trick and thats exactly what he done as he watched his shot curl into the top corner. Sculli wanted more and in the 89th minute, his he headed in his 4th goal.

Tavey had this to say:

"Words can't explain how I feel, its been such a long journey to the final, it just felt great to get this far never mind winning it. Credit to Modena, their a club who have progressed a lot over the past year, they never gave up, even when tree one down. The fans have been great today, they were always behind the team. They really gave us that extra push we needed to get the second and third goal."

Teams

Genoa: Amelia, Esposito, Modesto, Papastathopoulos, Tomovic, Rossi, Kharja, Juric, Sculli, Crespo, Jankovic

Unused Subs: Biava, Milanetto, Palladino, Bocchetti, Criscito

Modena: Narciso, Cardone, Gemiti, Gozzi, Rickler, Troiano, Giampa, Bianco, Fantini, Catellani, Gilioli

Unused Subs: Alfonso, Perna, Pinardi, Amerini, Koffi

Ringing the bells of change at Chelsea

Firstly' date=' Kalou (90) is available for cash, usually i wouldnt do this but i could do with a little cash and with the ridiculous amount of forwards i have Anelka, Drogs, Chamakh and Sturrdige i can afford to let him go, especially as i play one up top :P

Highest bid wins :)

Also looking to part ex Deco and Anelka out for one player, 93 plus, AM preferably :) maybe a winger. Let me know if you have a player who fits that criteria.

Also looking to swap out Ivanovic (90) for a similar rated or lower CB

Finally Carvalho and Alex are available, and i will be fair, a replacement must be offered though[/quote']

Kalou on his way out to Juventus for 22 million.

Hopefully by this time tomorrow, i can announce a deal, just have to finalise it with the other manager :)

Boetang moves to Chelsea in a straight swap with Ivanovic. Really happy with this deal, i always needed another CB as i had to many RB's, but bringing in a defender who can play all across the back four is something im delighted about.

All i need to do now is bring in a class AM or W :) Happy to offer Anelka and Deco still

the%20sun%20logo.png

l_635.gif

91_front_small.png110_1252309175.jpg316_front_small.png

Juve Beat Off Rivals to Snap Up Kalou!

gun__1235747406_kalou_salomon.jpg

The new signing in action last season for Chelsea

Juventus last night unveiled new signing Solomon Kalou from Chelsea for a fee believed to be in the region of £22m pounds. The youngster who has only two starts in the league for Chelsea will add depth to Juventus’ squad this season. He will play his first game on Saturday night in the home game with Roma which is expected to be a cracker.

The youngster has long been a fan of Golden’s. He said in a press conference today, “ I am happy to have signed Solomon as he will add depth and class to my side. We saw that he can give real glimpses of talent when he played for Chelsea but now at Juve he will get a lot more games and can really show his ability”.

Juve remain top by four points over Fiorentina after last nights 2-0 defeat away at Palermo. Roma at home next will be a tricky assignment for the Turin based club.

David Silva moves to Chelsea !

In an exciting turn of events, one of footballs most saught after players, Silva, joins Adam Johnsons Chelsea. With Anelka and Deco heading to the Mestalla

"Im delighted with this deal, numbers wise its not great for my squad, but in terms of ability and value to my team, its a win win situation, he is much young than the other two, and will have years of helping the chelsea cause, not to mention he can be one of the most feared AM's in my mind. He flexibility allows him to play quite a few positions so he will be a very useful player for us"

Chelsea are rumoured to be after a un-named striker and will find out tomorrow if they have won the race to his signature. Its rumoured that Johnson wont be to upset if he misses out on him.

Chelsea TV have announced that Carvalho & Alex are available to leave, with a mutual beneficial deal being sought after by the Chelsea management team.

Guest Daragh

150px-Genoa_cfc.png

Genoa Win Race For Navarro's Signature

Fernando-Navarro_960843.jpg

Navarro in action for his country earlier this season

In what was a busy week for Tavey, he has finally landed his man, Fernando Navarro. The fee is believed to be around 15.9 million. Tavey admits to being a big fan of Navarro and is excited to have him at the club. "I've always been a big fan of Fernando and at 15 million, we've got him for a bargain. He will add much needed experience to the back four."

Fernado Navarro joins György Garics in Tavey's spending and Tavey has revieled that he will look to bring in a center midfielder over the next few weeks.

sevilla%5B1%5D.jpg

Sevilla sign Hotshot Radamel Falcao

12951_ori_radamel_falcao.jpg

Today sevilla have managed to sign ''El Tigre'' Radamel Falcao, The colombian hotshot has arrived from Atletico Mineiro for a club record 20.5million pounds. George is said to be Ecstatic about the deal after fighting off competition from chelsea & 2 other clubs. El tigre has arrived with one promise to the sevilla faithful, '' GOALS''.

George Had this to say:

This week has been a hectic week, we sold Navarro to Genoa for 15 million pounds, but in doing that i had one thing on my mind RADAMEL FALCAO, Im so excited about having him here, after talking with him over terms,contracts etc we have agreed a 5 year contract and im absolutely delighted.

Sevilla now prepare for there game tommorow night when they take on Table toppers Real Madrid(adam Gutteridge). In what looks to be an exciting But tough fixture.

Guest Daragh

150px-Genoa_cfc.png

Spending Spree Continues As Two Big Names Arrive At Genoa

69953.jpg

Ledesma can't wait to get started

In what was an eventful week at Genoa behind the scenes, trying their best to bring in a suitable central midfielder, Tavey has finally got his man. Tavey has revealed that Cristian Ledesma has been on his radar for a long time and is very pleased to have secured his signature. The deal sees Francesco Modesto and Hernan Crespo head in the opposite direction with no money involved. This is a great deal for Tavey and he knows it. Reports suggest that Tavey had kept his options open incase he failed to sign Ledesma by enquiring about several other central midfielders including Walter Gargano, Scott Brown and Matteo Brighi.

Tavey had this to say, "I'm very pleased to finally sign Cristian. I've been a huge fan of his for a long time now and I look forward to working with him. He has all the attributes and has a great attitude so he'll fit right in."

Ledesma wasn't the only big name to arrive at Genoa this week, no! There was another, Sergio Garcia. The deal is believed to be in the region of 7.75 million. Sergio was delighted to have the chance to work with Tavey and had this to say, "I'm very excited about the oppurtunity to play for such a great club. Tavey has worked wonders in the market and has brought in some very exciting players this season. Genoa football club are a club on the up and I'm glad to be part of this."

Guest Daragh

150px-Genoa_cfc.png

Uruguayan "Warrior" Signs For Genoa

090113083118-665-73.jpg

Gargano in action for Napoli earlier this season

Earlier today, Walter Gargano was unvieled at Genoa's training ground. Fans crowded around to catch a glimpse of their new midfielder. The 25 year old has joined in a straight swap which sees Italian defender Emiliano Morretti head in the opposite direction. Gargano described this as a "dream" move. "I'm delighted. This is a dream move. Genoa are a great club and I'm very excited to be here. I know 'll have to work hard as there is a lot of competition for places here. I'm looking forward to playing alongside Ledesma."

Tavey, who describes Gargano as the Uruguayan Warrior, is delighted with the deal. "This is a great deal for us. I'd like to wish Emiliano the best of luck with his new club Boca Juniors. Walter is a great player and the sort of player we need. He has a great attitude and will fight for every ball. He and Ledesma are both looking forward to working with each other."

BW_Logo02.JPG

Bolton Wanderers have signed manager Sacha Canning. After disappointment in the Shield final to Fulham, Bolton now find themselves in 19th place with 14 games to go. Key matchups against 3rd Place Fulham and the top two teams in the league Manchester United and Manchester City. Matchup to watch this weekend Blackburn vs. Wigan, in 18th and 17th place respectively. The Bolton manager commented:

"I am happy to be with Bolton, and although we are in a relegation battle, I am confident we will remain in the top flight. But with only 14 games to go, it is no easy task. I am looking to sign some new players, and i am relying on Ivan Klasnic heavily to perform. Midfield is a hole right now for us, with injuries to several key players we are doing the best we can. Things are looking up right now, and if we can sign some of the players we are after it will only improve our chances of making progress in the league."

The Players he is looking at have yet to be revealed, but it is confirmed that a bid for Theo Walcott was rejected earlier today.

10 games to go' date=' and Borussia are still top of the Bundesliga by 6 points, although face a horrible run-in, so not too confident of keeping 1st place.

If anyone has any 89+ loans available, would really appreciate it (especially at CM).[/quote']

Not sure if this player is any good to you but i dont need him at mo, VILLALUZ, César 87 rated winger you can have him on loan if you want:p

Bolton sign England Midfielder Gary O'Neill

oneill_184097s.jpg

The English midfielder completed his transfer from Middlesborough to Bolton this afternoon, for approximately 7 million pounds.O'Neill scored 2 goals in 19 appearances for the Middlesborough side. O'Neill will have to play a key role in the team, if they are to stay clear of relegation. After today's 1-1 tie against 3rd place Fulham, Bolton moved up to 18th place, only 4 points in the relegation zone. O'Neill will make his debut this Monday at Swindon Town, in round 2 of the English League Cup.

Sevilla sign Steve Mandana!!!

2666061230_941f866cf9.jpg?v=0

Sevilla this morning captured Steve mandana from marseille on a deal beleived to be 3.0mil + Palop + Jaja, In what looks like a great signing.

George had this to say:

Steve mandana is a young keeper who i beleive our fans will look forward to seeing between the posts,It's sad to see Palop Go as he was a legend around here But he was turning the wrong side of 35 so we needed a keeper for the future and in Mandana we have that.

On the form note, Sevilla were third at one point only 8 points or so behind runaway frontrunners Real & Barca, we then went 7games without a win which put us down to 6th,But a win last Wednesday Against third placed Athletic Club has put beleive back in the camp that we can push on and claim an champs cup spot.Were 5 points Adrift of fourth placed espanyol with 12 games to go.So plenty of time:D

sky-sports-news.jpg

Bolton Bring in 3 Young Players

Sky Sports reports that Bolton Wanderers have signed 3 young footballers in this past week. 18 year old English Midfielder Matt James was excited to move: "It's really cool to be here, moving to a top flight club. I hope to continue working on my skills and make it into the top team." The other two signings were Finnish Striker Juho Lehtonen and English Striker Connor Wickham. Form wise, Bolton progressed to the round of 16 in the English cup, with a surprise 2-0 upset over Arsenal, With Johan Elmander and Matthew Taylor doing the scoring.

7_1190894323.gif0-0 49_1204432433.gif

Reebok Stadium (20,760)

Referee: Steve Bratt

In another important matchup for Bolton, after Aston Villa lost to Birmingham City 2-0, All Bolton needed was a point against Manchester United to clear the relegation zone. They did just that, Manchester United controlled the ball and almost doubled the amount of shots that Bolton took, yet Jussi Jasskelainen was more than up to the task, and a brilliant performance from the back four managed to keep the United team at bay. Since new manager Sacha Canning has taken over, Bolton have been undefeated, winning 3 and drawing 3 games. Fans outside the Reebok after the game were ecstatic at the change of form: "Its just great, after losing 7-0 to Tottenham, and having the old manager fired, this Canning has come in and made a huge impact. It was great seeing the boys beat Arsenal 2-0, and it feels great to be out of the relegation zone finally." With only 10 games left, Bolton have to be near perfect to stay in the top flight, but confidence is running high and many believe that they are here to stay. Bolton travel to St. Andrews Stadium this Saturday to play 8th place Birmingham.

Borussia Dortmund extend their lead at the top of the Bundesliga to 8 points after a 5-1 demolition of Bayer Leverkussen, Dominguez, Zokora (2) and Kehl (2) with the goals. This also helps to make our GD better than Bayern's :D.

With 5 games to go, got a great chance of winning this title.

viewimage30

Today, Bolton Wanderers extended their unbeaten run to 9 games with a huge 2-1 win over 3rd place Chelsea. Chelsea opened the scoring in the 48th minute With Michael Essien beautifully finishing a cross from Joe Cole on the half volley. the 42,000 fans at Stamford Bridge were ecstatic. The stadium was rocking with the noise. It was short lived however, 21 year old Fabrice Muamba ruined it for the Chelsea faithfully, beautifully beating Terry and Carvahlo then slotted an amazing side footed shot fast the on coming Cech. Right after the restart newly acquired Gary O'Neill headed home after a great cross from Nene. The Bolton defense, lead by Gary Cahill held firm against the Chelsea counterattacks, and Jaaskelainen was brilliant between the posts. Bolton look to continue their run of form against Preston North End in the League Cup.

muamba460.jpg

Muamba Celebrated his 57th minute Goal