EPL Changes. Do you agree?

DILL3NGER

For me there were a few surpises. A couple that I noted -

Aaron Ramsey - +2 > 86 I thought he should have gone to 87. The guys looking more and more as though he's in AW first team set up and has been playing solidly for the Welsh team. Compare this against Jack Rodwell who went to 87 who plays for a team struggling in the PL (Not that I have anything against Rodwell)

Abou Diaby - No Change - Thought he should have been +1 > 89. Compare him to Song who are very similar players with similar Minutes on the pitch however Diaby has three goals this season to Song 0 and yet Song got a +1.

Aaron Lennon - If Milner went to 90 I think Lennon should have gone to 91. Lennon is on fire this season Milner is too but Lennon has made the RM/Wing for Tottenham and England his own and has terrified defences this season.

Any other you can think of?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: EPL Changes. Do you agree?

the epl changes are not entirely completed yet so i think people should wait till tues/ weds before complaing as even those who rise may rise again eg hines i think ? , people who drop me continue to drop.

players ratings can change at any time during their section being reviewed = wait a while ;)

im not having a go btw im just saying further changes could occur :)

the epl changes are not entirely completed yet so i think people should wait till tues/ weds before complaing as even those who rise may rise again eg hines i think ? ' date=' people who drop me continue to drop.

players ratings can change at any time during their section being reviewed = wait a while ;)

im not having a go btw im just saying further changes could occur :)[/quote']

Fair point RE:Hines they did review this to be fair. I've just picked up Arsenal in and English league set up. Just think that being that they are a top four side the team average doesn't reflect this. But your right I'll withhold judgement till the changes are complete.

For me there were a few surpises. A couple that I noted -

Aaron Ramsey - +2 > 86 I thought he should have gone to 87. The guys looking more and more as though he's in AW first team set up and has been playing solidly for the Welsh team. Compare this against Jack Rodwell who went to 87 who plays for a team struggling in the PL (Not that I have anything against Rodwell)

Abou Diaby - No Change - Thought he should have been +1 > 89. Compare him to Song who are very similar players with similar Minutes on the pitch however Diaby has three goals this season to Song 0 and yet Song got a +1.

Aaron Lennon - If Milner went to 90 I think Lennon should have gone to 91. Lennon is on fire this season Milner is too but Lennon has made the RM/Wing for Tottenham and England his own and has terrified defences this season.

Any other you can think of?

Ramsey has only started playing regularly of recent. His amount of games certainly does not merit an 87. Plus Rodwell has played substantialy more games for Everton than Ramsey for Arsenal.

Song is not in the lineup to be scoring goals, he is there to do the defensive job that the more attacking minded players would rather not do.

I think I agree with the Lennon one though:).

because he hasnt played as well as other players who've risen to 90 in the last 8 months (like vermaelen and benayoun?)

8 months..... im pretty sure being an arsenal fan that song has performed as well as vermaelen. And you cant compare benayoun he is an attacking mid.

8 months..... im pretty sure being an arsenal fan that song has performed as well as vermaelen. And you cant compare benayoun he is an attacking mid.

vermaelen got a +2 - granted his goals probably were a factor in that, but i'd guess here that arsenal's defensive record may have prevented song getting a 90

Easy - because he doesn't play for Liverpool. If he did' date=' then he'd have gotten 91 no doubt.[/quote']

What a ludicrous statement! Lucas has played nearly every game this season for club and some for his country and been a key player for Liverpool, yet he's rated 88.

Yeah but Lucas is utter Garbage.:D

Which is why he gets into the Brazil national team :rolleyes:. And if he's garbage and still getting into the Brazil national squad ahead of Denilson what does that say about him?

Yet Denilson is still rated above Lucas which shows if anything, SM are more bias to Arsenal than Liverpool :rolleyes:

What a ludicrous statement! Lucas has played nearly every game this season for club and country and been a key player for Liverpool' date=' yet he's rated 88.[/quote']

2009/10 Statistics

TEAM Competition GS SB G A SH SG FC FS YC RC

Brazil International Friendly 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Liverpool UEFA Champions League 5 0 0 0 5 1 13 9 0 0

Liverpool Premier League 15 0 0 1 22 4 28 19 1 0

2009/10 Season Totals

he#'s only had 4 international appearances :s.. what more do you want from him, maybe you should send a suggestion to the smfa, he#ll be sure to get a 90 then..:rolleyes:

Daft SMFA, saft blaady smfa.

Oh yeah and didnt Collison get an 86 this time round? Which makes Ramseys rating all the more suspect. Who would you say is the better player?

Sorry couldnt help myself.

Ramsey is still a bit part player for Arsenal.

Collinson is one of the first names on the West ham teamsheet.

If anything Collinson should be 1 higher for that reason alone.

Long term Ramsey will probably be the better player, but the SM rating system doesn't work like that :o

Guest drseanfitz

What a ludicrous statement! Lucas has played nearly every game this season for club and country and been a key player for Liverpool' date=' yet he's rated 88.[/quote']

Agree with this one, should be an 89.

Keith Andrews only got an 86 despite being regular for both club and country, whould have hit 87.

Ramsey is still a bit part player for Arsenal.

Collinson is one of the first names on the West ham teamsheet.

If anything Collinson should be 1 higher for that reason alone.

Long term Ramsey will probably be the better player' date=' but the SM rating system doesn't work like that :o[/quote']

Ramsey -

PL 9 Appearances 2 Goals

CC 3 Apearances

CL 5 Apearances

WC Qual 6 Apearances

Collison -

PL 11 Apearances 2 Goals.

CC 1 Apearance.

I think I know who I'd rate the higher.

because he hasnt played as well as other players who've risen to 90 in the last 8 months (like vermaelen and benayoun?)

Seriously?

Song has probably been one of our most important, and best performer this season. He is as important as Fabregas, Arshavin, v.Persie. He has made a few mistakes, but in most games hes been fantastic.

He should have got 90 on playing time, his good performances should have guaranteed that. I cant understand how a player lower in the league, and out of Europe, get +2 to 91, yet Song cant get a +2 (Johnson im talking about)

But whatever, im sure Song will get it next time.

And why Johnson got a +2 yet Lucas hasnt gone up at all? Lucas has probably been Liverpools best player.

Robinho still a 94 when not playing European football for 2 seasons? And not playing well this season. laughable :)

Which is why he gets into the Brazil national team :rolleyes:. And if he's garbage and still getting into the Brazil national squad ahead of Denilson what does that say about him?

Yet Denilson is still rated above Lucas which shows if anything' date=' SM are more bias to Arsenal than Liverpool :rolleyes:[/quote']

Lucas should be 89/90. I dont really see Lucas alot, but when I see hes decent.

Denilson is good, but hes too much like our other midfields, Fabregas, Nasri, etc. Which we dont need :(

Guest drseanfitz

Seriously?

Song has probably been one of our most important' date=' and best performer this season. He is as important as Fabregas, Arshavin, v.Persie. He has made a few mistakes, but in most games hes been fantastic.

He should have got 90 on playing time, his good performances should have guaranteed that. I cant understand how a player lower in the league, and out of Europe, get +2 to 91, yet Song cant get a +2 (Johnson im talking about)

But whatever, im sure Song will get it next time.

And why Johnson got a +2 yet Lucas hasnt gone up at all? Lucas has probably been Liverpools best player.

Robinho still a 94 when not playing European football for 2 seasons? And not playing well this season. laughable :)

not to mention he is being kept out of the side most weeks by Craig bellamy, who only got an 89