EPL Changes. Do you agree?

DILL3NGER

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: EPL Changes. Do you agree?

I believe Darren Bent should've had more than a +1 to 89. To me he's been the third best striker in the EPL. I also think that Shawcross should've gone up more than he did.

One swallow does not make a summer. But if Bent was to continue his form through to next season them I'd say he'd get his 90.

Ramsey -

PL 9 Appearances 2 Goals

CC 3 Apearances

CL 5 Apearances

WC Qual 6 Apearances

Collison -

PL 11 Apearances 2 Goals.

CC 1 Apearance.

I think I know who I'd rate the higher.

Of those 9 league apps he only started 2

Collison on the other hand has played 12, started 11;).

One swallow does not make a summer. But if Bent was to continue his form through to next season them I'd say he'd get his 90.
I believe Darren Bent should've had more than a +1 to 89. To me he's been the third best striker in the EPL. I also think that Shawcross should've gone up more than he did.
Tbh none of the ratings have affected me so far so i'm happy. I'm glad Milner got his 90 he deserves it.

My main question though' date=' is when the hell is Gael Kakuta going to be put on the database!?! :mad:[/quote']

kakuta may be added when chelsea are done in the ratings review + even then officially he hasn't got 450 mins so he dosn't have to be added then and the rules usually mean players arent although since chelsea is a big club he probably will be :P

and bent shouldn't be 90 he plays at sunderland. he has had one good run and i think has to continue this + be on the fringes of the england squad to get his 90 so not this time , but next time have to see about the 90 :)

Exactly. And bear in mind Collison was a key player for WH last season' date=' Ramsey hardly had a sniff at Arsenal[/quote']

Ok, I'm Sorry but starts and Minutes on the pitch do not paint the whole story and shouldn't be the only part of an equation for a rating change.

The statement you made about Ramsey not getting a sniff at Arsenal is flawed. How can you possibly compare West Ham to Aresnal? One is a team competing for a top four spot and Champions League the other just trying to stay in the Premiership.

If Ramsey was in the West Ham squad he'd walk in to the first team and would probably (if competing for the same position) be picked ahead of Collison.

Ramsey has Champions League, international games under his belt not to mention he plays in one of the most free flowing and most technically brilliant teams in the country...

I'm sorry what was your arguement again?

Guest drseanfitz

maybe saha and pienaar for a 90? I no everton have been struggling but saha is on fire and pienaar has been brilliant probably evertons best player.

had heard 90 for pienaar, but I think his injury, and Everton's form had cost him this time.

Ok' date=' I'm Sorry but starts and Minutes on the pitch do not paint the whole story and shouldn't be the only part of an equation for a rating change.

The statement you made about Ramsey not getting a sniff at Arsenal is flawed. How can you possibly compare West Ham to Aresnal? One is a team competing for a top four spot and Champions League the other just trying to stay in the Premiership.

If Ramsey was in the West Ham squad he'd walk in to the first team and would probably (if competing for the same position) be picked ahead of Collison.

Ramsey has Champions League, international games under his belt not to mention he plays in one of the most free flowing and most technically brilliant teams in the country...

I'm sorry what was your arguement again?[/quote']

At the end of the day, it does not matter how much better he is than whoever, it all comes down to numerous factors other than technical brilliance and international apps.He may 'walk' into the first team but that is because he won't have to compete with the likes of Fabulous, Arshavin, Song, etc.

I agree with ramsay i thought he might have made 87 especially as he's an international. Also disappointed denilson didnt get a rise to ninety although he was injured a think he will keep diaby out the time plus last season especially at the start he was arsenals most consistent performer. Watched the villa game tonight steven warnock must be one of the best left backs there is slightly better goin forward but a dont think there is at defending, also leighton baines performing well. Another one i noticed and was surprised about was colocinni dropping two to 88, he's still an international, does that mean when newcastle go back up he'll automaticall go back to a 90?

Ok' date=' I'm Sorry but starts and Minutes on the pitch do not paint the whole story and shouldn't be the only part of an equation for a rating change.

I'm sorry what was your arguement again?[/quote']

That it's about what a player actually does on the pitch, not what he has the potential to do. Collison has so far done more for his team than Ramsey. And they play in the same league. Simple eh B)

Im really interested in seeing what happens to Rafael and Fabio.

Fabio has played a lot this year and Im not sure if Rafael has even made an appearance this season.

I wonder whether Rafael will drop or whether SM will be kind and let him stay.

Im thinking about swaping rafael for César AZPILICUETA. what do u think?

Abou Diaby - No Change - Thought he should have been +1 > 89. Compare him to Song who are very similar players with similar Minutes on the pitch however Diaby has three goals this season to Song 0 and yet Song got a +1.

Any other you can think of?

Diaby should have been 89 and Song 90 how they are not im astounded...The English teams are so poorly rated compared to the Spanish or Italian ones its not even funny...

so true! just look at johnson! 91? if he played for tottenham he'd have a 90.

and they are higher up in the table!!!111

I strongly disagree. Anyone who's played SM for 6 months+ knows that Johnson should have risen in the last changes for Portsmouth after a great season and holding down a first team spot for England - infact if remember rightly there was a huge petition on the forum at the time trying to get him his deserved rise (this was way before the rumours of him moving to Liverpool). Since the last changes he has done so much.

- Won a place in the EPL team of the year (the toty's average rating was 94.6 - Johnson rated considrebly lower than anyone else);

- Big money move to Liverpool (playing a high standard of football' date=' inc. European competitions);

- Playing extremely well for Liverpool with many fans already tipping him for player of the year;

- Solidified his place in the England first XI and one of the only players assured of a starting place in the world cup squad.

If he'd done all of that at Spurs then yes he would also certainly be rising to 91. It's not like he's the first ever player to rise from 89->91 and he surely won't be the last. When you compare him to other 91 rated right backs (eg. Friedrich, Miguel, Grygera, Corlurka, etc) I certainly know who I'd prefer in my team.

His rise was definitely warranted, and no one yet has provied even a half decent reason why he shouldn't have got the rise.

Milner didn't deserve his 90 either. Lennon is way better! :mad:

No, they've been at a similar standard this season and having them both rated 90 is fair for now. After they are rated 90 to get a rise international also plays a big part, so I think we should wait 'til thee world cup is over and then decide which (if any) of them deserve a further rise.

Milner didn't deserve his 90 either. Lennon is way better! :mad:

Milner thoroughly deserves his 90 rating. He has been excellent for Villa this season with consistent performances and he has played pretty much every game. Just because Lennon is a 90 also does not mean that he should have all his hard work unrewarded.