EPL Changes. Do you agree?

DILL3NGER

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: EPL Changes. Do you agree?

Abou Diaby - No Change - Thought he should have been +1 > 89. Compare him to Song who are very similar players with similar Minutes on the pitch however Diaby has three goals this season to Song 0 and yet Song got a +1.

Diaby's a terrible player, and 88 is actually the right rating for him.

Having said that, I was expecting him to rise this time, based not only on his French NT call-ups :eek::confused: and game time for Arsenal, but also on the precedence set by another of his average teammates, Denilson, who rose to 89 last time based on appearances. :P

not to mention he is being kept out of the side most weeks by Craig bellamy' date=' who only got an 89[/quote']

Yes but he has been injured, and for the comment about not playing European football for 2 seasons what about the UEFA cup last year. Also he was 4th highest goal scorer last season, does this not warrent him to stay at 94?

Can I ask one more question about Arsenal?

Sorry if I seem to be banging on about them but it's them that have grabbed my attention this time around.

My question is -

As arsenal are consistently in the top four and have also had a good run in the CL for a number of years now. How do you think their 'TEAM' compares to the likes of the others who you would consider top four?

By this I mean compare the team average to the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool. I would expect that Arsenal have to lowest average out of the lot (I have no proof it is my asumption).

Would be interested to know.

The feeling I have is in a straight fight Arsenal would struggle for a top Six finish in SM when bringing in the squad players into the first eleven. Not the consistent top four that they achieve in real life.

arsenal's squad average is low because there are loads of kids who've made a handful of appearances, thus lowering the average. their first XI average is a better gauge tbh:

mancs - 92.7 (not yet reviewed - vds oshea vidic ferdinand evra giggs valencia carrick fletcher berbatov rooney, swap valencia for ronaldo and its 93.6 fyi)

chelsea - 93.7 (not yet reviewed - cech bosingwa terry carvalho a cole j cole lampard essien ballack anelka drogba)

liverpool - 92.3 (todays lineup with aquilani instead of lucas)

arsenal - 91.6 (todays lineup with rvp instead of walcott)

arsenal's squad average is low because there are loads of kids who've made a handful of appearances' date=' thus lowering the average. their first XI average is a better gauge tbh:

mancs - [b']92.7[/b] (not yet reviewed - vds oshea vidic ferdinand evra giggs valencia carrick fletcher berbatov rooney, swap valencia for ronaldo and its 93.6 fyi)

chelsea - 93.7 (not yet reviewed - cech bosingwa terry carvalho a cole j cole lampard essien ballack anelka drogba)

liverpool - 92.3 (todays lineup with aquilani instead of lucas)

arsenal - 91.6 (todays lineup with rvp instead of walcott)

Thanks for your reply. The stats were the things that I was missing to back up the point I was making.

But the thing is the point you made about the kids is a fair one 'BUT' with the kids they consistently achieve a top four finish, something that their stats don't reflect IMO.

But the thing is the point you made about the kids is a fair one 'BUT' with the kids they consistently achieve a top four finish' date=' something that their stats don't reflect IMO.[/quote']

the 'kids' that i refer to are the likes of sunu, watt, wilshere who've played very little (esp the first two) and arsenal have a lot of those players who've made one or two CC appearances, which warrants a low rating and thus dragging down the average squad rating

the 'kids' that i refer to are the likes of sunu' date=' watt, wilshere who've played very little (esp the first two) and arsenal have a lot of those players who've made one or two CC appearances, which warrants a low rating and thus dragging down the average squad rating[/quote']

Is this not the case with the other 3 teams? With their youth?