Jamie Carragher Down and Vermaelen Up?!

Messi-Torres

Re: Jamie Carragher Down and Vermaelen Up?!

Both rating changes were spot on imo' date=' you're a liverpool fan, Vermaelen has scored as many as a striker could have already, and hes in top form at the back, Carragher dropped cause of Pools team performance. Ratings are fine.[/quote']

To be honest I was surprised that Carra didn't drop to 92..

Both rating changes were spot on imo' date=' you're a liverpool fan, Vermaelen has scored as many as a striker could have already, and hes in [b']top form at the back,[/b] Carragher dropped cause of Pools team performance. Ratings are fine.

i dont vermaelen is anything special at the back. a couple of good goals and everyone has overatted how good he is

i dont vermaelen is anything special at the back. a couple of good goals and everyone has overatted how good he is

Dealt with Torres and Gerrard fairly well. Got man of the match aswell :confused:

Original poster, if Jamie Carragher is having a wonderful season, why are Liverpool conceding so many goals?

Have you seen him play? He dealt with Torres and Gerrard and rest of Liverpool bombarding very well, Arsenal have conceded about 8-13 goals thanks to him, Gallas and Mannone/Almunia. Watch them play.

Have you seen him play? He dealt with Torres and Gerrard and rest of Liverpool bombarding very well' date=' Arsenal have conceded about 8-13 goals thanks to him, Gallas and Mannone/Almunia. Watch them play.[/quote']

arsenal are very open at the back and it doesnt help having 2 5ft8 CB's when dealing as they've been abused by the likes of adebayor and drogba. they've actually got a pretty poor defensive record this season, but vermaelen i'd say deserves his +2

as for carra - wasnt good earlier this season but has improved recently, and liverpool's defence has improved because the defence has been settled with agger for the first time this season

Guest BrandonBurrows

Both rating changes were spot on imo' date=' you're a liverpool fan, Vermaelen has scored as many as a striker could have already, and hes in top form at the back, Carragher dropped cause of Pools team performance. Ratings are fine.[/quote']

Completely agree. Vermaelen was bound to go up playing well for Arsenal. Take into account Liverpool aren't doing aswell as they should be with their strong squad and you've got a drop.

I Just Dont Understand As Carragher is having a wonderful season. EXCLUDING THE TEAM LOL

Hilarious, he has played better recently, certainly not 94 standard, but prior to that he was awful.

Most of the Liverpool fans on the thread even said he didnt seem the same.

Take your rose tinted glasses off. :rolleyes:

I Just Dont Understand As Carragher is having a wonderful season. EXCLUDING THE TEAM LOL

Are you joking? Carragher hasnt been himself for afew seasons' date=' making afew great tackles and performances is not 94! Carragher is getting on abit to and will retire soon and i dont see him keeping a starting XI for much longer so he could drop below 90 in the next year or 2 IMO

Both rating changes were spot on imo, you're a liverpool fan, Vermaelen has scored as many as a striker could have already, and hes in top form at the back, Carragher dropped cause of Pools team performance. Ratings are fine.

Exacly, Carragher, Skrtle, Riera all deserved there drops.

To be honest I was surprised that Carra didn't drop to 92..

I surpose but its 50/50 wheter it was going to be 93/92

Watch him!

He should have dropped long ago due to the severe lack of international football. (I'm a die hard l'pool fan btw)

Yeah' date=' lack of international games (due to age and not great preformances offen.

Hilarious, he has played better recently, certainly not 94 standard, but prior to that he was awful.

Most of the Liverpool fans on the thread even said he didnt seem the same.

Take your rose tinted glasses off. :rolleyes:

True very true

arsenal are very open at the back and it doesnt help having 2 5ft8 CB's when dealing as they've been abused by the likes of adebayor and drogba.

Vermalen 6ft

Gallas 6ft 1...

Sanga 5ft 9.5

Clichy 5ft 9.5

Senderos 6ft 3

Silvestre 6.5ft

Djourou 6ft 4

Gibbs 5ft 11

Traoré 6ft 1....

Which of these are 5 ft 8?

I'm not saying that they haven't been abused by adebayor and drogba etc, but height isn't the reason, both the first choice center backs are pretty good in the air.

----

No question Vermaelen was due a good rise, and I expect further rises up to 92 in the future.

Carragher should definitely have dropped, possibly to 92 in my eyes, looked out of sorts against Arsenal as well. Time and time again people keep saying how well Johnson has been playing all season and Carragher too? If two of the defenders are having fantastic games why are Liverpool floundering around mid table?

Liverpool got Alberto who i believe is gonna flop.

Too much hype about this guy. He's not good.

Havent seen much yet, aparent from his 2 apperances vs Arsenal and abit vs Florentina. But when he came to Liverpool id never seen or heard of him and everyone i knew was like sending me vidios off Youtube and im like "yeah big woop theyre his best bits" i want to see him make a full game and see his faults to!

No' date=' I never said he did....

Drogba is the best centre forward in the world. He is too strong for Arsenal. But many consider Torres as the best, and Vermaelaen did fine with him on Sunday.[/quote']

as a liverpool fan i would have to say i would rather play against torres than drogba. on his day he is unstoppable and barely has a bad game.

torres needs to add consitency to his game and is more lable to miss good chanes. eg. against arsenal

if you stop drogba' date=' he's gonna dive. whats the use of stopping him then.[/quote']

:rolleyes:

Drogba does not dive, he sometimes looks for free kicks but Drogba isn't much of a diver, i find this comment very rich coming from an admirer of C.Ronaldo, as i can see by your tag, Ronaldo is a much bigger diver than Drogba. Did you happen to see any of the Man Utd - Aston Villa game?

Rooney clearly dived in an attempt to cheat the ref and win a penalty and your calling Drogba the diver