Brasileiro Review AND Class of risers - 2010/11 (Some already on DB)

Insider

This is the beginning. Please do not ask about players from teams who are not done yet, as they will be added as I finish reviewing.

ATLETICO MINEIRO

Werley (82) will keep rising. He has started 32 games this year in Brasileiro only, which means he should get a rise to about 85. He'll be solid started next year.

Players to watch for next season:

Sidimar (17): U17 international, he could possibly get a few matches in next year and is a big talent.

Sheslon (22/78) was out injured for most of the year and should put in a fight for the starting spot as right wingback.

Joao Pedro (17): Another U17 international, Joao Pedro is a strong towering defensive mid who is very likely to get a look in the Mineiro.

Wendel (18) is an attacking midfielder who is still mainly unknown, uncapped for Brazil and still in the youth team. Expect to hear about him at the U20 Brasileirao or the Copa Sao Paulo Juniores, he could be a talent next year.

ATLETICO PARANAENSE

Alex Sandro (18/72): Has become a starter and is very much in the plans for next season. 9 starts and 7 subs this season, some of them as a defensive midfielder; all of them at the end of the season. He'll be a starter next year, as well as a member of the national U19 and U20 sides.

Bruno Costa (19/72) has 7 starts and 1 sub appearance to his name, which should get him a small rise. He's not first choice and probably won't be next year, so he's a bit lower on my list of players to purchase from this club.

Ronaldo (20/74) is a strange case. He played great for his 5 games, then was dropped because of his unwillingess to extend his contract because of a management dispute. He will sign elsewhere next season. Good player, but sketchy times.

Manoel (19/77) will be one of the biggest risers this time around. 21 starts, 6 sub appearances, + 2 Copa Sudamericana starts. He is the first choice DEFENDER at Atletico, out of any of them, exept possibly Nei on the right. 2027 league minutes, interest from Sao Paulo. Buy him. Now.

Fransergio (19/73) Well, his performances didn't much improve. 5 starts, 5 subs for 518 league minutes, playing quite poorly actually. Still will get a small rise, but he's not one of the 3 players I'd purchase from Atletico (with the limit and all).

Patrick (19/75) has grown into a subs role, subbing into 13 (and starting 6). He is an impressive striker, has 2 goals to his name already, but isn't getting much minutes yet. He's one to watch for next year.

Wesley (22/83) is back. Yes, the same Wesley that our legendary Teb talked to us about. He's played wingback, wing, striker, AM... anything, and has really polished his game. Atletico are trying to secure him from Santos next year. 2372 minutes, 2 goals, 2 assists, and very good performances.

Wallyson (21/81) broke out this year despite injuries. 1821 minutes in 23 starts (5 subs), with 6 goals and 5 assists. Already got a rise, will get another.

Alex Sandro will make the LB or DM spot his permanently.

Guilherme (17) is a striker who has already gotten some chances (and scored) for the big team. He'll get more chances. Also a part of the U17 setup.

Bruno Furlan (17) is another striker who has impressed alot with clinical finishing.

Heracles (17) is a left wingback who has impressed me a lot for the U20 team. He is practically a second coming of JA Riise.

Gabriel Pimba (19/76) is annually on this list but hasn't shown anything yet. It's his time.

AVAI

Cristian (19/74) has been playing more near the end, scoring 2 and getting an assist on Avai's last 3 goals of the year. 392 minutes, 3 goals and 2 assists total, he'e expected to replace William in the starting lineup next year.

Players to watch for next year:

Medina (19) is a wingback who has started to get some chances and could see more action in the next few months.

BOTAFOGO

Gabriel (20/73) has seen 5 starts in the Sudamericana, but hasn't broken into the Brasileiro yet. Could see a slight rise.

Wellington (20/78) stepped up late in the season and is making a case for Cruzeiro to recall him. 23 starts for 2083 minutes, but didn't play all that great 'till the last few games, so I wouldn't expect too much.

Jobson (21/80) saved their season with great performances at the end. Drug issues have put a transfer to Cruzeiro in doubt.

Wellington Junior (20) is a left-back who has played at the U20 World Cup. He's a very good player who should break through.

Laio (20/75) wasn't given very many chances since the beginning of the year. He'll need to have a strong Carioca. Same with Rodrigo Dantas (19/73)

Also, keep an eye on Gabriel.

CORINTHIANS

Elias (86) fits as a riser for both years. 31 starts and 3 goals this year as a DM, 2772 minutes with great performances. He's one of the top players in Brazil.

Dentinho (86) has kept it up as well, scoring 9 times in 25 starts. Over 2000 minutes, could see another rise.

Jucilei (85) has kept playing, surprisingly, after the arrivals of Edu and Marcelo Mattos. They have been going with 3 DMs across the back. Jucilei's 2309 minutes mean that he's good for another +1/2

Boquita (76-80) has progressed faster then I thought. 12 starts, 8 subs, 1 goal and he missed over a month to play for Brazil at the U20's. Of late, he has been a clear starter. Rumoured to be on the way to Bremen soon.

Renato (19/75) has shows a ton of promise at the back. He'll be given more chances with a team performing in the Libertadores.

Dodo (17) has a precontract with Man U, but again I don't rate him. Has played 154 minutes in 4 games, not impressing too much. Not me, anyway.

Bruno Bertucci (19/75) is a talent, but with Julio Cesar and Roberto Carlos both rumoured to be coming in, I'd expect to see him loaned out.

Defederico (20/84) just transferred over from Argentina and will be a key player. Has started showing flashed, but he'll adapt better during the Paulista and do well next year.

Jadson (18) is a kid who impressed a lot in the Junior ranks but hasn't quite got his chance yet (just turned 18, give him some time). Expect him to get more then 7 sub appearances next year.

Marcelinho (19/75) also impressed in Copa Sao Paulo, but hasn't been able to stamp his mark in the bigs just yet.

CORITIBA

Renatinho (21/78) has become a starter late in the year and played quite well. He'll go down to Serie B, but I doubt it's the last we've heard from him. 24 apps, 14 of them starts, for 3 goals.

CRUZEIRO

Diego Renan (19/80) is possibly the best buy in Brazil right now. Can play defending either wing, 25 starts, 3 goals, 1 assist, 2226 minutes and will be a starter for a Copa Libertadores team. Definate must-buy.

Gil (22/80) joined midseason from Atletico GO. 18 starts (1 sub) for Cruzeiro and 12 starts in serie B make him a busy player. 1637 Serie A minutes, he should get quite the nice rise as well.

Bernardo (19/79) has been quite the flop this season. He's been linked with a middle eastern move, but will get another chance to prove his worth to Cruzeiro.

Dudu (17/75) was forced into duty and did well, now is performing great with the U20's. He'll hopefully be nurtured in slowly, as he's a great talent.

Neguete and Vinicius are two central defender who have been called into action because of injuried this season and shown that they are pretty good (19).

Mateus (19) and Anderson Uchoa (18) are two DM's who couls also get a step up. Uchoa has more offensive flair, but both are solid.

Fidel Martinez (19) is already an Ecuadorian international and could see some time on the big team.

Eliandro (19) was the last-minute revelation, having subbed in to 4 games late in the season, 108 minutes, and scoring twice. He'll probably play a role as a sub next season.

Anderson Lessa (20/76) was shackled by injuries this season and still managed to be one of Nautico's best players. 2 starts, 11 subs, and 4 goals. He'll transfer over and keep being a super sub, hopefully.

FLAMENGO

Airton (19/84) has shown a ton of ability and his transfer to Benfica is almost set. 30 starts this season, should climb to 86/87.

Willians (23/85) has done exactly what was expected of him. Became a starter at Fla, was that hard nosed man putting in the hard tackles. A massive collection of 14 yellow cards and 2 red cards in the Brasileiro alone, still managed 2469 minutes and is set for a rise to 86/87. The next Paulo Assuncao.

Everton Silva (21/78) got into a few games, but wasn't ever going to displace Leo Moura. Now, with Leo rumoured to be on his way out, Everton Silva will battle it out for that spot. His loan was made permanenent this week, so he is for sure in Fla's plans.

Rafael Galhardo (18/72) is probably two years away. Looked out of place last year, but he's stellar at the youth level, captaining Flamengo's U20 team. Good free kicker, that's for sure.

Welinton (20/80) has been on a downward spiral late in the season. Still started 14 matches in the league, but needs a strong Carioca showing to get back in shape.

Lenon (19/75) is a defensive midfielder who impressed a lot in the middle of the season before the emergence of Maldonado and Petkovic. He'll probably keep being brought up slowly, but he'll be worth watching if he does get in.

Guilherme Camacho (19/75) is in the same situation as Lenon. Starred for the Flamengo juniors.

Diego Mauricio (19) has been scoring goals for fun with the junior team. Is a striker in the Diego Forlan mold, as in he misses a lot of chances and somehow still ends up with 2 goals at the end of the game.

FLUMINENSE

Rafael (25/80) was a big part of the miraculous run into safety. 19 games in the Brasileiro and 10 in the Copa Sudamericana, should get a rise to 83/84.

Dalton (19/75) was another big part of the turnaround. Also a starter for the National U20 team, he started 6 Sudamericana matches as well as 13 Brasileiro matches. Also, 6 U20 World Cup matches. Was one of the players who came up big in the last third of the season.

Gum (23/80) has probably been the key piece in the puzzle. He waas the most dominant CB in Brazil after arrivant at Fla. Before arriving, he started 15 games (2 goals) for Ponte in division 2. Then 16 starts for Fla (3 goals) in division 1 and 7 starts (2 goals) in he Copa Sudamericana. Should be rated 85/86 at least. I can't say enough good things.

Dieguinho (20/76) turned it around completely this season. I absolutely blasted him after his first appearance, but he has actually been very solid down the stretch. 15 starts, 3 subs should get him to 80/81 for now.

Maicon (19/77) started the season terribly, but recovered at the U20 World Cup, where he saved Brazil against Germany, and made the best of it to end the year on a high. Linked to Palermo. 9 starts, 12 subs, 2 goals and 3 assists.

Alan (20/76) would've had less minutes had Maicon not gotten hurt, but still shun brightly at the end of the season. 11 starts, 12 subs, 5 goals. Also 5 starts, 5 subs, 2 goals in the Copa Sudamericana, he should get a nice rise and a nice look next season.

Joao Paulo (19/80) completly lost his spot at the end of the season, but it would be dumb to think it's the last we've heard of him. played over 1600 minutes this season, it's be interesting to see him battle it out with Dieguinho.

Digao (21/78) would be on the risers list had he not gotten injured. Will be the third CB next to Dalton and Gum, had played very well after his promotion in August. He has been talked about as a future international and has a bright future ahead of him.

Wellington (17) and Wellington Silva (16) are two exiting attacking players who could possibly see a few appearances next year. Both are absolute wonders.

Dori (19) is a striker from the youth team more likely to be promoted, who is clinical in front of goal and could battle with Maicon and Alan.

GOIAS

Rafael Toloi (19/84) is already one of their best players. Starter for the U20, has started 20 games this season, but missed a few after a horrific injury in the U20 World Cup. He pretty much started every game possible. Was also the most penalised player with 3 red cards. 2 goals. Linked to Corinthians and Sao Paulo, without mentionning Internazionale.

Douglas (19/77) started 7 and subbed into 7 as backup to Vitor, who was the best RB in Brazil. Vitor is rumoured to be on his way out, Douglas will be BIG next year. Starter for Brazil's U20.

Rithelly (18/74) reminds me a lot of Sandro. Started the last 5 games this year, scoring the goal that cost Sao Paulo the title. Defensive midfielder who doesn't play that offensively, but a player I want on my team anyday.

Johnathan (19) is a striker who has been quite dominant for the junior sides and will get his fair shake next season. If he can get hot, he'll score a lot.

GREMIO

Bruno Collaco (19/75) took advantage of injuries to Lucio and Fabio Santos to put in some nice performances. Only 600 minutes and he's behind two great players, but he'll surely still get a chance a some point next season.

Mario Fernandes (19/80), with over 1500 minutes despite a few injuries, has been linked to Inter, Juve, Barca, Real and Napoli, amongst others. If he stays, we hill rightfully take his CB spot from Rever for 2010. Exellent player.

is another player I was very tough on early who ended up saving himself with some stellar performance late in the year. He's back on track.

Players to watch for next year:

Saimon (19) was great in the Gaucho as a wingback, mediocre in the season and horrible in the U20's as a centre back. I'm not sure what to think, but he might creep into Mario Fernandes' old spot on the right.

Mithyuê (20), the old futsal legend, was injured all season but featured in the last game of the season against Flamengo. We should see him in the Gaucho 2010, hopefully get to see his mad skills.

Gerson (17) is the U17 captain for Brazil, but is still 2 years away. He's showing all the signs of being dominant at a young age, a bit like Piqué.

Bruno Renan (18), a winger, has played pretty well for the U20 team and should be rewarded with a callup provided he has a good Copinha.

Pessalli (19) is probably going to come in and combine with Mithyuê and Maylson to replace Tcheco. Pessalli is one of those Brazilian flair players we love so much. He'll dance, flick-sombrero and deliver some wonderful balls. Just a bit fragile still.

Emerson and Fernando (both 17) are the future of the defensive midfield. Fernando featured once already, and Emerson has been called the next big Gremio player by one of the youth managers.

Aloisio (21/75) scored a TON in the Swiss second division, I believe with Thun, and is now trying to find a way into Grêmio.

Bergson (18) is the most hated player in Brazil after allegedly telling Douglas Costa to not shoot late in the last game of the season against Flamengo. It was his first senior appearance. The CF scores a lot in junior, but I'm not 100% sure that it will translate.

Re: Brasileiro Review AND Class of risers - 2010/11 (Some already on DB)

Mark - you are a true genius in your field!

I have a question though. What do you make of Adilson and his rating? He played more minutes than anyone in the Gremio squad and he's only rated 85, yet you've not mentioned him in your write up.

Mark - you are a true genius in your field!

I have a question though. What do you make of Adilson and his rating? He played more minutes than anyone in the Gremio squad and he's only rated 85' date=' yet you've not mentioned him in your write up.[/quote']

He scored a beauty goal late in the season... but I still don't like him. His rating will increase, but he's still second choice to Willian Magrao, who happened to be injured all year. I'm not 100% confident that he'll keep that DM spot.

Hi MsF great report there, i have a few brazilian based players that i would like to know how they are doing?

Marques WEILTON FELIPE CB 84 A.Miniero

Silva CIRO F 80 S.Recife

Silva NEYMAR F/AM 82 Santos

Santos S. WILLIANS W/AM 83 Palmeiras

Raphel JEAN RM/CM 87 Sao Paulo

Warken ADILSON CM/DM 85 Gremio.

If you could give me some info on their progress would be much appreiciated, cheers in advance.

Hi MsF great report there' date=' i have a few brazilian based players that i would like to know how they are doing?

Silva CIRO F 80 S.Recife

If you could give me some info on their progress would be much appreiciated, cheers in advance.[/quote']

Check what Mark said at the very top of the post:

This is the beginning. Please do not ask about players from teams who are not done yet' date=' as they will be added as I finish reviewing.[/quote']

Give him a chance, he'll get to the players you want to know about. Plus, try looking up a post or two, where Adilson has been talked about.

Hi MsF great report there' date=' i have a few brazilian based players that i would like to know how they are doing?

Silva CIRO F 80 S.Recife

If you could give me some info on their progress would be much appreiciated, cheers in advance.[/quote']

Welton Felipe was injured a lot near the end, so didn't play at all. He'll stay at 84, we'll see about next season. As for the rest.. read the post :/

Hey MsF' date=' would you be able to tell me when the next Brazilian ratings are and if you are going to be doing a full review of all the risers?

Also thanks for all your threads, they are always very helpful. :)[/quote']

Probably February. And this is it. The Brasileiro is off until May.

Can you give me the stats of Bernardo(Cruzeiro)?because when i search there got too many Bernardo as well as Cruzeiro... should i keep him? how is he status in the squad? really thanks Brazil's expert:D

Did you try reading the first post? It doesn't have the stats, but the rest is there. 6 starts, 7 subs, 1 goal, 556 minutes.

MsF' date=' will Adriano get a rise in the next Brazilian league review since he was the top scorer with 19 goals and helped Flamengo to win the Brasileiro?[/quote']

Well i'm not MsF but i don't think he'll rise. He's already Flamengo's highest rated player and he won't go to 91 after 1 good season

• 2 months later...

Glad to see you are back on the forums Mark' date=' you have made this game a very pleasurable and profitable experience for myself and others. Many thanks.[/b']

I'll second that!!!

MSF - any chance you could do a small summary of the big risers from this thread? I mean just a list of 10 or so players that will rise 5+?

With the ratings changes just around the corner, I only really have Alan and Lobo as new risers. Still have Neymar, Toloi, Boquita, Ciro and Zezinho from a while back though ;)

Can I make it a really quick summary? Off the top of my head...

Goalkeepers:

Neto 72 - ?? (Didn't play last year, but full starter this year)

Rafael 80-84

Defenders:

Manoel 77-83/84?

Alex Sandro 72-80?

Wellington 78-82?

Werley 82-84

Bruno Costa 72-77

Bruno Renan 80-86

Gil 80-85

Dalton 75-81

Gum 80-85

Dieguinho 76-80

Toloi 84-86

Mario Fernandes 80-85

Xandao 82-84/85

Zezinho 78-80/81

Midfielders:

Boquita 80-83?

Wesley 83-85

Elias 86-88

Sandro 86-88

Giuliano 84-86

Paulo Henrique 85-87

Attackers:

Maicon 77-81

Alan 76-80

Marquinhos 75-80

Andre 73-77

Neymar 82-86

Neto Berola 75-80

Thanks Mark' date=' had all the bigger risers out of them but its nice to know your opinion and see what ratings they likely to be.

Can you tell me if I could keep/sell MURIQUI, Luiz 85[/quote']

Keep. He's a starter at a bigger club now.

Hey Mark, hope you're well.

Following a couple of sub appearances, i saw Mithyue got his first full game & goal in the Gaucho against Sao Jose a couple of weeks ago but hasn't figured in the two games since.

1. Did they use him in that "No 10" role?

2. Are they easing him in slowly & do you expect him to feature more regularly?