Club: CSKA Moscow

Position: Centre Back

Squad Number: 54

Honours: None, Serbian U19 Caps

SM Rating: Not On DB

Predicted SM Rating: 75

Potential SM Rating: ★★★★★★★★★ - 92+

Potentially The New: Nemanja Vidic

There really is only one player to compare a super talented, up and coming Serbian Centre Back who is making his name in Russia. And it isn't Branislav Ivanovic.

Yes, at the tender age of 17, Cosic of CSKA Moscow is being compared to one of the current games' best defenders: Nemanja Vidic.

It isn't difficult to draw up comparisons however, both represented their country at Under 19 level before they were 18 (Uros has literally just broken into the squad, replacing Filip Pjević), both got their big breaks is the Russian Capital (Vidic for Spartak and Cosic for bitter rivals CSKA) and both will be on the books of Manchester United if rumours emanating from both sides of the Baltic are true.

Two years ago, Cosic and his family were moved to Russia by his current employers, who discovered him playing for his local side in a youth tournament, other rumoured suitors at that point included both Partizan and Red Star Belgrade, who both missed a golden opportunity to sign a (if rumour is to be believed) future world beating Centre Back.

Rumours recently surfaced that Manchester United desired to sign the player in the Summer of 2010, and sent representatives to agree a deal which would see them have the transfer in place for completion, however the Muskovites proved tricky negotiators; point blank refusing to let their youngster even talk to the English Champions, who apparently are not the only interested side: despite rumours about United stealing a march on their rivals, Bayern Munich have been linked previously according to club forums, but what do the Russian club think about these rumours?

CSKA Moscow President Yevgeny Giner:

“I must stress that we would like to keep Cosic. We even offered him Russian citizenship. It now depends upon the President Medvedev whether it is granted or not. I have not seen such a great central defender before, not to mention that he is only 17 but Manchester United would also love to have him.”

“They have already made several attempts to approach me about him, asking if I was ready to negotiate. They can see the boy is going to grow into a bigger star than Vidic.”

That's right, the Russian President; Dmtriy Medvedev has been dragged into the debacle. It is believed that if he becomes a Russian Citizen, he will stay at the club at least until he reaches his 18th Birthday, meaning that he'll be sld in the January Transfer Window of 2011 at the earliest, by which time more interest will have been aroused in their precocious talented, who could fit in a la Schennikov and Dzagoev, as the Berezeutsky's aren't the best defenders around.

So just how talented is Cosic, I mean look at the other 17 year old defenders with bags of talented struggling to get playing time. Just how good is he?

Very, very good apparently. At a brave old height of 187cm (6'1) the Serb is nothing special in terms of height for coming of age teenage defenders, where 6ft+ at 16 is nearly the norm, but although he doesn't stand out terribly much physically, his prowess in defence and natural ability on the ball more than make up for it. Confident and assured on the ball, Cosic has the perfect mentality for a defender. Virtually unbeatable in his own box, he can also put away a few at the other end, as he's shown at youth level in Russia.

His tackling is second to none according to Serbia's U19 coach Aleksandar Stanojevic who has nothing but praise for the defensive prodigy.

Only time will tell whether Cosic will be as big as his hero Nemanja Vidic, but he's certainly made an excellent start to his footballing career.

Re: Uros Cosic - 'Bigger than Vidic'

3706.jpg

Uros Cosic - CSKA Moscow

Full Name: Uros Cosic

Date Of Birth: 24th October 1992 (17)

Nationality: Serbian

Honours: None' date=' Serbian U19 Caps

[b']SM Rating[/b]: Not On DB

There really is only one player to compare a super talented, up and coming Serbian Centre Back who is making his name in Russia. And it isn't Branislav Ivanovic.

Yes, at the tender age of 17, Cosic of CSKA Moscow is being compared to one of the current games' best defenders: Nemanja Vidic.

It isn't difficult to draw up comparisons however, both represented their country at Under 19 level before they were 18 (Uros has literally just broken into the squad, replacing Filip Pjević), both got their big breaks is the Russian Capital (Vidic for Spartak and Cosic for bitter rivals CSKA) and both will be on the books of Manchester United if rumours emanating from both sides of the Baltic are tue.

Two years ago, Cosic and his family were moved to Russia by his current employers, who discovered him playing for his local side in a youth tournament, other rumoured suitors at that point included both Partizan and Red Star Belgrade, who both missed a golden opportunity to sign a (if rumour is to be believed) future world beating Centre Back.

Rumours recently surfaced that Manchester United desired to sign the player in the Summer of 2010, and sent representatives to agree a deal which would see them have the transfer in place for completion, however the Muskovites proved tricky negotiators; point blank refusing to let their youngster even talk to the English Champions, who apparently are not the only interested side: despite rumours about United stealing a march on their rivals, Bayern Munich have been linked previously according to club forums, but what do the Russian club think about these rumours?

That's right, the Russian President; Dmtriy Medvedev has been dragged into the debacle. It is believed that if he becomes a Russian Citizen, he will stay at the club at least until he reaches his 18th Birthday, meaning that he'll be sld in the January Transfer Window of 2011 at the earliest, by which time more interest will have been aroused in their precocious talented, who could fit in a la Schennikov and Dzagoev, as the Berezeutsky's aren't the best defenders around.

So just how talented is Cosic, I mean look at the other 17 year old defenders with bags of talented struggling to get playing time. Just how good is he?

Very, very good apparently. At a brave old height of 187cm (6'1) the Serb is nothing special in terms of height for coming of age teenage defenders, where 6ft+ at 16 is nearly the norm, but although he doesn't stand out terribly much physically, his prowess in defence and natural ability on the ball more than make up for it. Confident and assured on the ball, Cosic has the perfect mentality for a defender. Virtually unbeatable in his own box, he can also put away a few at the other end, as he's shown at youth level in Russia.

His tackling is second to none according to Serbia's U19 coach Aleksandar Stanojevic who has nothing but praise for the defensive prodigy.

Only time will tell whether Cosic will eb as big as his hero Nemanja Vidic, but he's certainly made an excellent start to his footballing career.

well one good scout

what his rating jsut now?

3706.jpg

Uros Cosic - CSKA Moscow

It isn't difficult to draw up comparisons however, both represented their country at Under 19 level before they were 18 (Uros has literally just broken into the squad, replacing Filip Pjević), both got their big breaks is the Russian Capital (Vidic for Spartak and Cosic for bitter rivals CSKA) and both will be on the books of Manchester United if rumours emanating from both sides of the Baltic are tue.

Only time will tell whether Cosic will be as big as his hero Nemanja Vidic, but he's certainly made an excellent start to his footballing career.

Great scout , will be a great player in the future from what ive read, Hope man united do sign him :)

One thing you've made a slight error you've put summer 10 instead of 09 :) sorry just thought i'd point it out

Rumours recently surfaced that Manchester United desired to sign the player in the Summer of 2010' date=' and sent representatives to agree a deal which would see them have the transfer in place for completion, however the Muskovites proved tricky negotiators; point blank refusing to let their youngster even talk to the English Champions, who apparently are not the only interested side: despite rumours about United stealing a march on their rivals, Bayern Munich have been linked previously according to club forums, but what do the Russian club think about these rumours[/color']?[/center]

oh ok man u intersted in him yet?

think that paragraph answers your question

Great scout ' date=' will be a great player in the future from what ive read, Hope man united do sign him :)

One thing you've made a slight error you've put summer 10 instead of 09 :) sorry just thought i'd point it out[/quote']

No, it's Summer of 2010! They're trying to get a pre-contract agreement with him to sign this Summer! :P

Have you actually seen him play though.....? Not criticising' date=' just curious.[/quote']

Tbh, before today I hadn't, although I glimpsed his stats when researching Serbian wonderkids. ;) Today I've seen about 10 minutes of U19 action and a tad less from amateur footage of CSKA on imscouting. Tbh I don't scout players who aren't going to be massive or haven't been linked with big clubs. Plus I had little info on him! :o

Not to take anything away from a magnificent scouting post on your return Spam' date=' but seeing as you are looking at Serbian kids, can you tell me anything about Sasa Markovic?[/quote']

Plays for Beograd, Attacking Midfielder, 18 years old, linked with Villarreal and Schalke, I can't really tell you much more, and I had to google Beograd to spell it right... :o

I knew that much' date=' and I've heard good things everywhere I looked. Anyways, it is all about your boy, and I hope he is as good as you say. But my chairman probably won't let me win in a bidding match for him when he comes onto the DB.[/quote']

Hate that...

I knew a very small amount about this guy until he was linked with United, oh, about 12/13 hours ago! :P

He was on my 'shortlist' though, a list of unscouted, talented youngsters that I know general info on. If I where you I'd scout Markovic before anyone else does, unless you already have done! :P

3706.jpg

Uros Cosic - CSKA Moscow

It isn't difficult to draw up comparisons however, both represented their country at Under 19 level before they were 18 (Uros has literally just broken into the squad, replacing Filip Pjević), both got their big breaks is the Russian Capital (Vidic for Spartak and Cosic for bitter rivals CSKA) and both will be on the books of Manchester United if rumours emanating from both sides of the Baltic are true.

any ideas when he will be on DB ?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...