Sign in to follow this  
Spam

Thorgan Hazard - Better than Brother Eden?

Re: Thorgan Hazard - Better than Brother Eden?

Does anybody else start to feel that Belgium is a future super power of football?

I'm not sure I would say a future super power just yet. But Deffinately a team/country with lots of potential. I think that alot of big european clubs have links with Belgium, especially due to thier different immigration and granting nationality rules? Not sure if this is correct but its what I'm led to believe.

Does anybody else start to feel that Belgium is a future super power of football? I never imagined to say that Belgium can be a serious title contester for EC and even World Cup within 8-12 years time' date=' but I say it now. All these vermaelens and hazards really amaze me. [/quote']

Vermaelen, Hazard (s), Vertonghen, Fellaini, Defour, Witsel, Kompany, Legear, Dembele, Pocognoli, Alderweireld, Lamah, Lukaku, Mirallas.

Remind me again why you think that they could be a good team :P

I think it's safe to say that the future looks rosey for Belgium

I'm not sure I would say a future super power just yet.

It's just that when I compare their list of young players, it really does stand the comparison to any other European country. I don't know too much of the South Americans, but I do believe that countries like France and Germany and Italy (and maybe England and Netherlands too) will remain football super powers in future too, and when I check their youth and compare it to that of Belgium, the Belgians honestly seem sometimes stronger to me.

Vermaelen' date=' Hazard (s), Vertonghen, Fellaini, Defour, Witsel, Kompany, Legear, Dembele, Pocognoli, Alderweireld, Lamah, Lukaku, Mirallas.

Remind me again why you think that they could be a good team :P

I think it's safe to say that the future looks rosey for Belgium[/quote']

some excellent players coming through indeed

Hey Spam, nice thread and looks promising. However, I'm forever the sceptic so could you post some information about how he's actually getting on at youth level and in the reserves please :) I'm just thinking back to when City signed the Wright-Phillips brothers at a young age believing Bradley to be the better prospect. Now the 'better prospect' is at Plymouth and has had trouble with the law whereas Shaun is at a top Premier League club and is off to the World Cup :o

Hey Spam' date=' nice thread and looks promising. However, I'm forever the sceptic so could you post some information about how he's actually getting on at youth level and in the reserves please :) I'm just thinking back to when City signed the Wright-Phillips brothers at a young age believing Bradley to be the better prospect. Now the 'better prospect' is at Plymouth and has had trouble with the law whereas Shaun is at a top Premier League club and is off to the World Cup :o[/quote']

Good point, although Spam does provide us with information about young Hazard's success in youth and reserve teams. I think it is already remarkable that at age of 15 he had played for Lens reserves and had an assist there too, and that he seemingly had nice amount of assists for Belgium U17 or U19 or how was it.... anyway, seemingly he plays successfully for Belgian U19 at age of 16, which is not bad considering how much good youth that country has right now.

Guest Abdel Zizi

I've only seem Thorgan play once in real life, and was him about a dozen times on screen.

He ain't as good as Eden (who I believe is a Golden Ball contender in a year or 6), but Thorgan could go realy far.

If guided properly, we could see the world best brothers ever on a field, better than the De Boers :P

I've only seem Thorgan play once in real life' date=' and was him about a dozen times on screen.

He ain't as good as Eden (who I believe is a Golden Ball contender in a year or 6), but Thorgan could go realy far.

If guided properly, we could see the world best brothers ever on a field, better than the De Boers :P[/quote']

What about the Laudrup's! :P

I've seen the full matches he played against Montenegro (very impressive, scored his only goal for the U17s) and Spain, and I've seen highlights of Belgium losing to Northern ireland (:D), and tbh he looks more like a flair player, so bullish that he'll try the same trick five times over even if it doesn't work, and (I never saw Eden at Thorgan's age) I highly doubt that he's as good as Hazard Snr at 17. ;)

Not long before he's in the Lens first team though, I'm looking forward to their Pre season preparation!

On your Ballon D'Or point - 100% agree. Plus 89 -> 90 by the end of next season on SoccerManager.

Guest Abdel Zizi

What about the Laudrup's! :P

I've seen the full matches he played against Montenegro (very impressive' date=' scored his only goal for the U17s) and Spain, and I've seen highlights of Belgium losing to Northern ireland (:D), and tbh he looks more like a flair player, so bullish that he'll try the same trick five times over even if it doesn't work, and (I never saw Eden at Thorgan's age) I highly doubt that he's as good as Hazard Snr at 17. ;)

Not long before he's in the Lens first team though, I'm looking forward to their Pre season preparation!

On your Ballon D'Or point - 100% agree. Plus 89 -> 90 by the end of next season on SoccerManager.[/quote']

Eden at 17 years old was probably the best 17 year old I've ever seen in my life, before the likes of Bojan etc.

Ony Lukaku was better, well not better but different, as they play a whole different kind of football. But Romelu was 16 this year, so yes Eden was the best 17 year old ever imo :P

Thorgan is coc kier, he dribbles more, but is less effective.

Eden at 17 years old was probably the best 17 year old I've ever seen in my life' date=' before the likes of Bojan etc.

Ony Lukaku was better, well not better but different, as they play a whole different kind of football. But Romelu was 16 this year, so yes [b']Eden was the best 17 year old ever imo[/b] :P

Thorgan is coc kier, he dribbles more, but is less effective.

Pele scored 6 goals, including a hat trick in the semi and two in the final as Brazil won the World Cup at 17 years old

so maybe Eden is the second best 17 year old ever :D

Does anybody else start to feel that Belgium is a future super power of football? I never imagined to say that Belgium can be a serious title contester for EC and even World Cup within 8-12 years time' date=' but I say it now. All these vermaelens and hazards really amaze me. My wild guess (backed up with absolutely no research data whatsoever) is that this strange phenomenon could follow from country's huge economical problems combined with developmennt in youth coaching, not only in Belgium (that I've understood is a reckoned country of coaching in general), but even more in neighbor countries Netherlands and France, that the Belgian youth profites a lot (as the French and Dutch clubs profit the Belgian youth). Perhaps the growing number of immigrants (combine this with poor economy) plays its part in this too. Whatever is the case, Belgium really seems to have good future in football (if not in many other things).[/quote']

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=66881

look at this, another belgian talent :)

Future Belgium Squad:

Mignloet

Alderweireld Vermaelan Verthogen Pocognoli

Witsel Fellaini

Dembele Hazard Hazard

Lukaku

This side is so unbeliavably good' date=' better then England's & Spain's youth by a long way[/center']

Alderweireld as a RB?! o_O

Future Belgium Squad:

Mignloet

Witsel Fellaini

Dembele Hazard Hazard

Lukaku

This side is so unbeliavably good' date=' better then England's & Spain's youth by a long way[/center']

highly doubt vermaelen will be playing RCB , He's left footed and a LCB :)

Future Belgium Squad:

Mignloet

Witsel Fellaini

Dembele Hazard Hazard

Lukaku

That Will Be A Good Squad Wont It..

I Keep Telling My Bro And Dad "Belgium Will Be Up There In About 4Years"

But They Don't Believe Me..

Aww Well!.. :/

Wata Bout

- Mats Rits

- Deryck Boyata

- Maxime Lestienne

Future Belgium Squad:

Mignloet

Witsel Fellaini

Dembele Hazard Hazard

Lukaku

Yeah i agree with that, when you look at the youth they have coming through and compare it to ours, i think England as a national team could be in big trouble. You could say the same of half a dozen 'smaller' nations though as well, there's a lot of good youth coming though everywhere but England, that's another topic though.... :(

Guest Abdel Zizi

I've gotta laugh.

Mainly due to my country having awesome youth, but also due to a bit of ignorence and a lot of fantasy football.

Alderweireld can't play RB, he would have to be re-schooled.

Witsel at RDM?? Seriously, if you wanna lose 7-0, be my guest.

Dembele at RAM??? What a joke, he's a left footed striker who is flopping for 1.5 years already in a midfield role for Belgium.

Who added Pocognoli? He is complete and utter garbage!

This is how it should be, at a stretch:

GK: Mignolet (needs a lot of bolstering) / Kaminski (great young goalie, De Gea type, little experience)

RB: We have nobody, I mean literally 0. De Roover, Colpaert, friggin' Ciman (worst RB in the history of football playing mankind) are all extremely bad. Gillet is the best option as we have no one else. I say Lombaerts though, different calibre.

CB: Obvious duo here: Kompany + Vermaelen. Full stop.

LB: Jelle Van Damme. Obvious as hell. He ain't superb, but the best we have got. Vertonghen is a backup-option, I'd prefer him, but he doesn't play at his best at LB.

DM: Star duo of Defour and Fellaini. If both play on their best, they are De Rossi (Defour) and a Busquets (Fellaini) that can attack.

RM: Witsel. When he plays at his best, he has a certain grace. When at his worst, he's a liability and a certain red card waiting to happen.

LM: I put my joker here and suspect one of belgium's many talents to fulfill this place. Kevin de Bruyne and Yassine El Ghanassy are one season away from this spot. Carcela-Gonzalez get's it till then. De Bruyne is awesome, he does Ronaldinho tricks that work already in the league, aged 18.

AM: E. Hazard. As I said before, the best player on a football field since Zinedine Zidane if you don't count Messi. I'm not even biased, these are Zizou's own words.

F: Lukaku. Drogba when he was 17. When Romelu reaches the age of 25, he'll be the best striker in the world and have had a career behind him already.

Against smaller teams, I'd put in Dembele, Mertens (who's fabulous but forgotten by many), Alderweireld, De Camargo, T Hazard (if he develops) etc in.

Why don't get frisky and put Odoi at LB? He's Dani Alves-esque.

Our youth is our everything, they are where Holland's youth were 8 years ago.