Sign in to follow this  
Spam

Thorgan Hazard - Better than Brother Eden?

Guest Abdel Zizi

Re: Thorgan Hazard - Better than Brother Eden?

I'd like to add this:

I'm afraid EC 2012 will be to soon to mature enough and win it all.

But think about the Olympics in that same year! Players 23 and under, bar 3 exceptions.

We will have a team build around Hazard (5 seasons of pro footy behind him) and Lukaku (3 seasons of pro footy). They are already fantastic, but in 2 years time against a bunch of other kids....

A list of players eligable U23: Lukaku, Hazard, Witsel, De Bruyne, Alderweireld, Carcela, El Ghanassy, Kaminski and many more.

Add to that the possible arrivals of highly touted players such as Funso Ojo.

Then add 3 superstars from these 4 above 23 years old: Vermaelen, Kompany, Defour and Fellaini. It would be a miracle if all would be available, but most will.

I say Belgium for the Olympics 2012!

Pele scored 6 goals' date=' including a hat trick in the semi and two in the final as Brazil won the World Cup at 17 years old

so maybe Eden is the second best 17 year old ever :D[/quote']

Good point, but then again we all know that the current players are better than those who played 50 years ago. So, although Pele no doubt was best 17-year-old ever relatively to his time, and probably the best player ever relatively to his own time, I don't see it as impossible that Hazard actually was better in absolute manner when 17. I mean, Hazard at 17 could have done even more in that World Cup. Not surely, but possibly yes. And I don't want to take any glory from Pele's performance, which was pure awesome and almost unbelievably great.

I'd like to add this:

I'm afraid EC 2012 will be to soon to mature enough and win it all.

But think about the Olympics in that same year! Players 23 and under' date=' bar 3 exceptions.

We will have a team build around Hazard (5 seasons of pro footy behind him) and Lukaku (3 seasons of pro footy). They are already fantastic, but in 2 years time against a bunch of other kids....

A list of players eligable U23: Lukaku, Hazard, Witsel, De Bruyne, Alderweireld, Carcela, El Ghanassy, Kaminski and many more.

Add to that the possible arrivals of highly touted players such as Funso Ojo.

Then add 3 superstars from these 4 above 23 years old: Vermaelen, Kompany, Defour and Fellaini. It would be a miracle if all would be available, but most will.

I say Belgium for the Olympics 2012![/quote']

True. Could well happen. At least on youth level they are superior to most. I suppose it's 2018-2022 that will be their reign in World Cup and European Championships. Belgium should fight for title each time, and the Golden Generation should bring one of these Cups to Belgium. I have no idea whether there's more same class coming later and if they'll be able to win again after that, but 2018-2022 this generation could be the no. 1 title contesters in EC and World Cup alike.

Lets be honest -- A lot of those Belgan players are good solid players...but a lot of them have a lot to prove. And a lot of them are at mid-level teams where they shine, outside of Vermaelen none have impressed on a grander stage yet. I still tip the likes of Spain Germany Brazil to be the dominant forces in those olympics (and further big stage international tournaments). Players coming up there are playing in far better leagues. Not to knock them or their potential, but i think a bit of realism is needed. I believe brazil in that olympics could see the likes of Neymar Ganso Zezinho etc...while Spain will have players with the calibre of Canales, Muniain and probably a large chunk of the barca youth system...

Guest Abdel Zizi

Lets be honest -- A lot of those Belgan players are good solid players...but a lot of them have a lot to prove. And a lot of them are at mid-level teams where they shine' date=' outside of Vermaelen none have impressed on a grander stage yet. I still tip the likes of Spain Germany Brazil to be the dominant forces in those olympics (and further big stage international tournaments). Players coming up there are playing in far better leagues. Not to knock them or their potential, but i think a bit of realism is needed. I believe brazil in that olympics could see the likes of Neymar Ganso Zezinho etc...while Spain will have players with the calibre of Canales, Muniain and probably a large chunk of the barca youth system...[/quote']

Neymar and Ganso. It's not like Zezinho has done anything yet. He played a few games in second division. Full stop. I fail to see what such players have more against Lukaku, Hazard, Defour, Witsel, and others. These players all pretty much destroyed opposition teams like Liverpool, Bilbao (with Munian!) Ajax, Villarreal , Panathinaikos, and many more.

Have you even seen Anderlecht - Bilbao? Muniain was no where, whilst Lukaku ridiculed Bilbao. Don't predict on a few names you've heard around here. If you go by facts, it's clear those countries aren't any better than Belgium.

Neymar and Ganso. It's not like Zezinho has done anything yet. He played a few games in second division. Full stop. I fail to see what such players have more against Lukaku' date=' Hazard, Defour, Witsel, and others. These players all pretty much destroyed opposition teams like Liverpool, Bilbao (with Munian!) Ajax, Villarreal , Panathinaikos, and many more.

Have you even seen Anderlecht - Bilbao? Muniain was no where, whilst Lukaku ridiculed Bilbao. Don't predict on a few names you've heard around here. If you go by facts, it's clear those countries aren't any better than Belgium.[/quote']

How can you say they are no better...if i am correct (i may not be) but didnt spain win the last installment of the u-17 tournament and arent spain among favorites for the current u-19s...it also cant be understated that in the olympics spain's +3 will likely be off a world cup winning squad that can only help them further compared to a squad that didnt qualify for the tournament. My comments are based on both facts and past perfomance.

EDIT: Abdel Zizi --- I'm afraid you took my tone wrong, i wasnt putting down the talent just saying i think your expectations for them were a bit lofty. I meant no offense and I appologize if you took that the wrong way. I was simply trying to point out that many countries can boast talent but its performance that ends up being the key.

Guest Abdel Zizi

How can you say they are no better...if i am correct (i may not be) but didnt spain win the last installment of the u-17 tournament and arent spain among favorites for the current u-19s...it also cant be understated that in the olympics spain's +3 will likely be off a world cup winning squad that can only help them further compared to a squad that didnt qualify for the tournament. My comments are based on both facts and past perfomance.

EDIT: Abdel Zizi --- I'm afraid you took my tone wrong' date=' i wasnt putting down the talent just saying i think your expectations for them were a bit lofty. I meant no offense and I appologize if you took that the wrong way. I was simply trying to point out that many countries can boast talent but its performance that ends up being the key.[/quote']

I never thought your tone was disrespectful, no offense was taken.

I was just pointing out that I your reasoning was faulty to me. TYhe players I brought forward HAVE proven their worth, whilst the players you said didn't (bar Neymar and Ganso). Someone like Munian got pummeled in Europe, whilst 7 of the Belgian players all shone big in the same cup, and at latter stages. An U-17 or U-19 title is nice, but they have won that title against fellow kids, while the Belgian youth already proved their best against some of the best players in the world.

It's no prediction by me, it's looking at mere facts.

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

pm me when he is added tanks !

Guest Abdel Zizi

This is getting pathetic :D

Check the new players list once a day, it will take 20 seconds..

This is getting pathetic :D

Check the new players list once a day' date=' it will take 20 seconds..[/quote']

I agree. Please, PM me too whenever you see some super talent being added to DB. :rolleyes: