Sign in to follow this  
Spam

Thorgan Hazard - Better than Brother Eden?

Re: Thorgan Hazard - Better than Brother Eden?

Cheers Radebe and sorry for my part in the derailment.

No worries. As was said above, he got called up to the U18s this week, 1 of 4 Lens kids. They got a great youth system there.

He scored for the u19s a couple of weeks ago too.

I know this isn't really SM related but i've just looked him up again in FM 11 (I just got a copy) and he is tipped to be a leading Serie A midfielder, just thought i'd bring that up :)

I think he is still just in their reserves. I imagine he is just too small and weak still right now. There's no need for them to rush him - it's not like he will be there that long anyway if the hype is to be believed.

I think he is still just in their reserves. I imagine he is just too small and weak still right now. There's no need for them to rush him - it's not like he will be there that long anyway if the hype is to be believed.

Yup, he is playing for the reserves, but I don't think he is too small and weak for our first team. He was given som opportunities too train and play with the first team and from the games I saw, he was very good aswell. Now with us playing so bad it just stinks about it, I can see Thorgan Hazard getting a chance in-a-not-to-distant-future. Not only beacuse he is a good young player, but also beacuse of the market value he would have if he did impress with the first squad and lives up to his hype (which I think he will from the games I've seen). If we (Lens) would get relegated, but have intergreated Thorgan nicely too the team, his value would be sky high and we'd have our financial future secured and we wouldn't be getting the ''2008 finanical drama'' after that stupid relegation that has made us into a s-hit club that we are now.

Yup' date=' he is playing for the reserves, but I don't think he is too small and weak for our first team. He was given som opportunities too train and play with the first team and from the games I saw, he was very good aswell. Now with us playing so bad it just stinks about it, I can see Thorgan Hazard getting a chance in-a-not-to-distant-future. Not only beacuse he is a good young player, but also beacuse of the market value he would have if he did impress with the first squad and lives up to his hype (which I think he will from the games I've seen). If we (Lens) would get relegated, but have intergreated Thorgan nicely too the team, his value would be sky high and we'd have our financial future secured and we wouldn't be getting the ''2008 finanical drama'' after that stupid relegation that has made us into a s-hit club that we are now.[/quote']

Cheers for the info - you are obviously well placed to offer it as a fan of the club.

Why do you think he hasn't moved into the first team yet then if it is not a physical issue? Do you think the manager is worried about relying on someone so young then? Is it a matter of trust (or lack of)?

Cheers for the info - you are obviously well placed to offer it as a fan of the club.

Why do you think he hasn't moved into the first team yet then if it is not a physical issue? Do you think the manager is worried about relying on someone so young then? Is it a matter of trust (or lack of)?

I would say it is what Pazzano touched on to be honest.

They are a club struggling for finance, and he is potentially a big asset. No point risking him and the money just yet. Similar to a lot of clubs in Argentina. They feed a lot of European clubs, which is their main source of income, so they leave the best starlets out of the side for months at a time, just nurturing and protecting.

I would say it is what Pazzano touched on to be honest.

They are a club struggling for finance' date=' and he is potentially a big asset. No point risking him and the money just yet. Similar to a lot of clubs in Argentina. They feed a lot of European clubs, which is their main source of income, so they leave the best starlets out of the side for months at a time, just nurturing and protecting.[/quote']

Yeah kind of makes sense I guess - so long as it doesn't backfire.

Who does he play for?

RC Lens in France

how much there is to wait untill he pops up in the game?

Depends when he makes a decent amount of appearences for Lens at present he hasent made any.

Just wanted to say that Thorgan Hazard stands a great chance of getting some minutes anytime soon. I mean, defenders like Verane (who got 90 full minutes against Montpellier the other day) and Aurier have both been tried by coach Wallemme and both have done good. They are both players of the '93 class aswell. They are defenders, which perhaps is the thoughest position for a promising youngster to break in at. With Lens more having their troubles in the attack, where we lack at creatvity, quickness and that extra spark, (Thorgan) Hazard could very well get a chance soon, as he has all those tools. Of course we cannot expect to lead our attack on his shoulders, but he would take a bit of the pressure on Roudet, who is the only trustable attacking players in our team. I hope Wallemme realizes Thorgan's potential and doesn't do what Roy is doing to Pacheco at Liverpool...

Probably added at a modest 74/75' date=' but he hasn't got a lot of quality competition at Lens (unlike Eden at lille), and so his transition could be even smoother than his brothers'.

Eden and the lens coach (no bias there! :P) have both said that Thorgan is the better footballer.

Give it two years and we'll see how far along he is. ;)

I'll PM everyone who's posted on this thread when he's added, but I can see a frenzy to snap him up occuring.[/quote']

PM me too, thanks a lot :)

I think he's got 458 so far for Lens II..

Wonder why he hasn't been added yet :confused:

Well the holidays would spring to mind, SM havent even finished the Belgium ratings yet have seemed to moved on lol, i reckon it wont be long before he is added.