Division 4,3,2 no problem. Division 1 = problem

Hi guys, I've had this team since day one and have promoted them through the divisions consequitivily with ease. However, I'm now in Division 1 and need some help.

If possible, I'd like you guys to help me choose a tactic, which players to use and the instructions.

I know it's a lot but to make it a bit easier I've printscreened my squad below:).

bradfordp.jpg

There's only 10 managers including me, 9 of whom have a club in the Division 1. If that helps:)

Thank you in advance:)

Re: Division 4,3,2 no problem. Division 1 = problem

You do need a good DM for now; neither of your CMs are defensive-minded. Have you tried the 4-4-2? I think it would suit your team for the moment. :)

Yeh will try it and definetly need a DM. However' date=' what do I do upfront!?

I have 6 strikers, do I use one FWD and one CF or two FWD's?

thats n amazing team m8 for a former div 4 club. which one is it?

and try 352

Bradford City.

I would do 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 but I'm just not sure what to do upfront.

Yeh will try it and definetly need a DM. However' date=' what do I do upfront!?

I have 6 strikers, do I use one FWD and one CF or two FWD's?

[/quote']

Doesn't really matter whom you use; a Fwd-Fwd combo with one of them as the targetman works fine. Just use your two best frontmen - in this case, Iba & Aguero. :)

You could also consider selling Chamakh & Keirrison - the former won't ever reach the heights of a Luis Fabiano, while the latter isn't getting playing time at Benfica.

3-5-2-1 if the formation I use. Think i'm about 6th but my squad is qorse than yours.

Personally, formations are important, but I'm just curious to know about the in match instructions you guys use.

3-5-2 isn't viable at the moment because I haven't got enough CM/DM's. However, it's something I'd like to use in future, as my Defence is the weakest part of the team IMO.

Saying that, does that mean it's better to use 4 at the back or 3 at the back, would make sense using 4 if they're not as good as other positions:confused:. Or is it better to employ more men in Midfield where I'm much stronger?

Getting Cambiassano soon so that should help.

Personally' date=' formations are important, but I'm just curious to know about the in match instructions you guys use.

3-5-2 isn't viable at the moment because I haven't got enough CM/DM's. However, it's something I'd like to use in future, as my Defence is the weakest part of the team IMO.[/quote']

Sorry I meant 3-4-2-1.

You see, when I was still a newbie in SM I was told by a friend of mine (a major SM player regarding tactics he is) that "the players must adapt to the tactic, and not the other way round". "For each situation [opposing tactic, venue, etc.] there is a solution". "I do not have a particular tactic. Your tactic will dictate mine". Consider these three sentences as the Three Laws (not Asimov's :P) regarding tactics. This is probably the best advice I ever received, and the best anyone could ever give to you. How to apply them... comes by experience. ;)

You see' date=' when I was still a newbie in SM I was told by a friend of mine (a major SM player regarding tactics he is) that "the players must adapt to the tactic, and not the other way round". "For each situation [opposing tactic, venue, etc.'] there is a solution". "I do not have a particular tactic. Your tactic will dictate mine". Consider these three sentences as the Three Laws (not Asimov's :P) regarding tactics. This is probably the best advice I ever received, and the best anyone could ever give to you. How to apply them... comes by experience. ;)

Thanks for your input mate:).

In regards to the first one, I must say I disagree but with respect. I believe it's best to play to your strengths, so say I have a lot of attacking players, I'd like to use a attacking formation and not when were I don't have the sufficient players or players of that calibre.

The second one is definetly true, I think this is the one which I have escaped from the most. Playing in a GW which had so few managers and as a result my squad was always stronger then other teams, therefore, I didn't spend much time on tactics because my squad was always stronger and I would always win. Until the tactic stopped working or the AI got a "shock" win.

Again, in regards to the 3rd one it pretty much is the same as the second one. I've only started to look at opponents match reports and because some of them are unmanaged they have ridiculous players playing in the wrong positions.

I'm playing West Ham tonight, the squad is mainly 88 players but they're front two are rated 65 and 80. Looking at this, I can now set specific instructions to match the front two, meaning my defence can be more relaxed and more attacking:)

You see' date=' when I was still a newbie in SM I was told by a friend of mine (a major SM player regarding tactics he is) that "the players must adapt to the tactic, and not the other way round". "For each situation [opposing tactic, venue, etc.'] there is a solution". "I do not have a particular tactic. Your tactic will dictate mine". Consider these three sentences as the Three Laws (not Asimov's :P) regarding tactics. This is probably the best advice I ever received, and the best anyone could ever give to you. How to apply them... comes by experience. ;)

Have we a common friend or something? :eek:

Thanks for your input mate:).

In regards to the first one' date=' I must say I disagree but with respect. I believe it's best to play to your strengths, so say I have a lot of attacking players, I'd like to use a attacking formation and not when were I don't have the sufficient players or players of that calibre.

The second one is definetly true, I think this is the one which I have escaped from the most. Playing in a GW which had so few managers and as a result my squad was always stronger then other teams, therefore, I didn't spend much time on tactics because my squad was always stronger and I would always win. Until the tactic stopped working or the AI got a "shock" win.

Again, in regards to the 3rd one it pretty much is the same as the second one. I've only started to look at opponents match reports and because some of them are unmanaged they have ridiculous players playing in the wrong positions.

I'm playing West Ham tonight, the squad is mainly 88 players but they're [b']front two are rated 65 and 80[/b]. Looking at this, I can now set specific instructions to match the front two, meaning my defence can be more relaxed and more attacking:)

I'll bet either of those two will score tonight. :P

I play a 3-5-2 now and it's worked wonders.

Hard tackling, Attacking mentality, Direct passing, Fast Tempo, Counter Attack and the use of a Target Man:D

3 matches, 3 wins, 2 came from managed league opposition with very good squads and a team who were 1st:)