World Championship 2 MKII

Re: World Championship 2 MKII

Club Brugge is trying to get out of debt, therefore, you can buy one of the following players for almost nothing!

the complete list:

• BUTINA, Tomislav G, 33 years old, rated 87 - 800k
  • EDILSON, da Silva Ferreira F, 36 years old, rated 85 - 50k
  • LAVRIK, Andrei CB/DM, 32 years old, rated 85 - 500k
  • SPILAR, Marek CB/DM, 32 years old, rated 85 - 500k
  • THIAM, Pablo CB/DM, 33 years old, rated 85 - 500k

Feel free to make an offer :)

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: World Championship 2 MKII Chelsea World Champ 2 Major 3 Season Update 3 more seasons have gone by since my last report on life in WC2 and I think its an appropriate time to advertise the

wc2 summary of the cup Arsenal 1(p) - 1 Besiktas We start the night of with Arsenal against Besiktas a game which had to be decided in Penalties Fredrik LJUNGBERG (43) gave the home team the adva

Re: World Championship 2 MKII Pan Sizzle Seven Past Sevilla Panathinaikos 7 Sevilla 1 (and Sevilla played full strength!!) Panathinaikos showed Sevilla the way to play football tonight! Se

Atletico Madrid

Atletico Madrid Update

139.gif

As the climax of the season gets nearer and Atletico Madrid once again stuck in a relegation battle its time to make another review of the season so far at the Vincente Calderon.

Players

As usual its an injury struck season for Atletico Madrid as striker Kevin Kuranyi got badly injured in his 4th game for Madrid,he had been on a great run of form scoring 3 goals in 4 games and assisting twice...A niggling calf strain is the only thing keeping him from being out there and he should be fully match fit in 8-10 days.

Other players struck with injuries where Marcel Jansen and loanie Marcelo filled in while he was absent and Madrid may be looking to sign him on a permanent basis at the end of the season.

_40799174_football_300.jpg

Kuranyi and his injury troubles

Transfers

Not much been happening on the transfer market for once as A.Madrid only manage one new signing in over 2 months.The good thing is it was a long time target in Javier Mascherano,the deal consisted of 1 million pounds,David Nugent and Cristian Ledesma going to Milan for the rest of the season and more.In tonights game Mascherano went straight into the starting 11 and pulled off a decent performance in a 4-1 loss to Ajax.

mascherano.jpg

New star playing for country Argentina

Things are looking up for Madrid as Bodmer is back and fit and will start up alongside Mascherano for the next coming games.

In other transfer news Frank Ribery is expected to leave the club very soon,a deal is reportedly being negotiated and its with London club Arsenal.The deal is meant to be something around Defoe and Sissoko coming to the Vincente Calderon but the problem is we will have too many Strikers and Center mid fielders if the deal goes through,therefore we will listen to other offers for him.

rib%C3%A9ry.jpg

Is this the wave goodbye to the fans?

Results

Well as usual results havent been gleaming for Madrid as they win 2 games in 8...poor results for a club like Madrid.

Once again there is a fight to stay up and we still have to play Barcelona,Chelsea,Real Madrid,Inter,Arsenal and Juventus.

Everyone hopes we can do it once again and it is our target to win 70% of our remaining games of the season.

Good luck in your relegation battle danny.ive spent all season in a relagation battle.for some reason my players aint been performing.But i was shocked tonight as i won,that makes it 2 wins on the trot for me.only the second time this season i managed that.so i know i still got a fight on my hands to avoid relegation.good luck any mate.

By the way folks,i just put james milner,mozart and cana on the transfer list,if anyone interested,will consider player exchange or cash.

The chosen one arrives!

OLD-TRAFFORD.jpg

From Old Trafford:

Manchester United have unveiled that they have appointed a new manager in the form of Bryan Adamson, the former River Plate, Birmingham City and Hibs boss has signed a contract with the red devils and will take control of the club with immediate effect.

The new manager had this to say:

" When I saw that United needed a manager I jumped at the chance, this is the club that I have supported as a boy. So it was inevitable that, if given the chance, I would manage them.

There is some good players at the club, Wayne Rooney, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Rio Ferdinand, Claude Makelele, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Micheal Owen, the only thing that isn't going for the club is our current league position. Being 17th in division 2 with relegation a real possibility is not something that should happen to a club of this magnitude.

Our main objective is to stay in division 2, being relegated into division 3 is not an option, after we have secured our status in division 2 we will look forward and look to gain promotion into division 1 once again.

As far as new signings go, well we only have a squad of 17 first team players at this moment in time, I will look to add to that so we have depth - with a mixture of youth and experience.

The chairman has given me quite a sizable sum in regards to a transfer fund, lets put it this way - I won't be forced to sell anyone to raise some cash."

mwahahahahaha - Manchester United - WC2 whoohoo :)

Nice one Bryan, noticed that you picked them up this morning. The old manager was terrible, and in the end I think he lost them because he didnt sign in because I had a bid for Makelele for around a month now.

Hard task ahead of you, but at least you have some top players that you can use to build a whole squad from. Good Luck ;)

Btw Im Porto :D

Panathinaikos Win Again To Go 10th

Panathinaikos beat Bayer Leverkusen 3-2 to take them to 10th in the league!!

Dimitris PAPADOPOULOS scored after 2 minutes and a possible off side goal from Tomasz ZDEBEL after 11 minutes put the greek side up 2-0.

But Andriy VORONIN brought one back immediately with a lob over the keeper.

But with the greek team pushing forward and creating chances, it happened.

Stilian Petrov hammered home a goal just before the break. 3-1

Second half started the same as the first. Panathinaikos the stronger team, but with Petrov in fine form, with another shot shaving the post, they were looking for their 4th.

However a break on the right is crossed in and a well placed header by Andriy VORONIN brings it to 3-2.

With Petrov having another shot hitting the post and PAPADOPOULOS heading just wide. The greek team fully deserved their victory.

MOM: Stilian PETROV

images%5Cpictures%5Cplayers%5Cstilian-petrov.jpg

Under the management of Clayton Green, the division 3 team, were bottom of the league 7 points a drift from safety. But twelve games later. They have won 9, drawn 2 and only lost once.

This form has seen Panathinaikos scream to 10th, 11 points from the drop and 14 points from promotion.

GREEN LOOKS FOR DEFENSIVE LOAN DEAL

Clayton Green has said that he is looking for a defender come defensive midfielder for Panathinaikos.

It has said that he is a keen admirer of Ledley King, but has also mentioned he is not the only player he is interested in looking at.

LEDLEY KING - Panathinaikos target for loan?

262-7.jpg

Nice one Bryan' date=' noticed that you picked them up this morning.

The old manager was terrible, [/quote']

Yeah, couldn't believe it, dropped my toast because I was so shocked :(

Yeah, the last manager wasn't the best IMO - Ayala (rated 94) sold for £0 just an 83 rated keeper :confused:

Vincent Kompany (rated 90) released on a free transfer :eek: he/she signed him for £25 million, played him for 12 games then released him........idiot IMO lol

Anywho....

Manchester United look to strengthen there defense and have a couple of targets in mind :rolleyes:

Pepe Loan Deal To Panathinaikos

Milan have let Pepe go on loan to Division 3 side Panathinaikos. The highly rated defender is a player who has progressed. But due to the strength of the Milan team, he needed games.

Also due to a player been called back from Milan manager Ash Carroll, it was only right that Pepe joined the greek side on loan.

5 other teams had given interest in signing the player. But Clayton Green managed to pull the player in.

Now talks of Ledley King making a similar move have now cooled down.

NEW VILLA BOSS HAS WORK CUT OUT FOR HIM

New Aston Villa Manager Liam ''Radcliffe'' today claimed that the previous manager had made the job very hard for him

''i appriciate that this is a difficult job but aston villa are not a club that be rock bottom of the league , the club has some of the most loyal fans yet the club is in a state''

7 of his starting 11 are not match fit , 1 of whom are injured & he is despirate for players !

''it isnt like i can spend money on players cos the previous manager spent all of the budget apart from 1.3million''

his next game against Auxerre will be a difficult one ,espeacally with a weak squad

My goal of this season is to avoid relegation ,it has been a difficult season for the players,management & fans and i feel that is the highest i could possably acheive

Guest Toggs

St PETERSBURG news

Logo_fc_zenit_saint_petersburg.gif

Zenit St Petersburg News

Zenit's new manager Thomas has announced he hopes to bring in 2 signings before the end of the season.

BUTINA of Club Brugge looks set to be Thomases first signing, costing aound 800k. The experienced goalkeeper is rated 87 and will be cover for starting keeper, MALAFEEV.

Thomas is also after Fulham's KILLY GONZALEZ, he should cost Zenit around 3 million.

Also, Silvestra of Tigres will join for 4million + Di Vaio if he passes a medical.

Dortmund in the hunt for a new midfielder

Memic has been busy in the transfer market these past couple of days looking for a strong central midfielder where he plans to concrete the teams stability but also due to Cocu's announacments that he may be retiring very soon, and would like to go out on loan to get some match experience.

Memic through a lot of talented CM's but finally has found his man with agreeing a transfer deal with Benefica to secure his man. Memic stated " Tim is our man, who better to get than a German, who knows how to play Dortmund's style and is a very well established player who provides support and cover to his team mates. I am also confident that the fans will love Borowski who will do well to impress Dortmund fans. The possible capture of Borowski, will have our CM's fight for their place in the team, which will allow us a more competitive edge with Snjieder, Bommel, Cahill, Modrić and now Borowski fighting for two spots.

borowskiju0.jpg

Borowski playing for his national side.

It is also rumoured that Memic is looking for a defender and striker, as rumours suggest Saha may be on his way out and Cafu may be looking at retirement.

Turn 28 Atletico Madrid vs Spurs

139.gif

Atletico Madrid

Atletico Madrid 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur

r126711_413902.jpg

Man of The Match Emmanuel Adebayor Celebrates In Style

Finally Atletico Madrid have something worth talking about,a first win in 3 games and a quite comfortable one aswell!

Marcel Jansen started off the scoring with a strong header at the backpost then 12 minutes later unsettled Winger Frank Ribery scored a magnificent volley..John Carew hit one back for Spurs but it seemed to be too little too late as Emmanuel Adebayor entered the game on 75 minutes and settled the game with a classy finish his 15 minute performance earned him his second Man of The Match of the season and his 7th goal.

The win puts them 4 points from relegation which suites manager Danny Williams very well.Next up is Chelsea at home and maybe a new face is due for his first appearance.

atletico_madrid_stadium1.jpg

Looking Good

Dortmund outclass their German Rivals

Dortmund have shown that they still are able to fight for 1st spot after demolishing Bayern Munchen away 4-1.

Dortmund came out a little nervous, with minor faults in the first half, with Memic trying a new tactic against Bayern knowing we need to mix things up a little. Dortmund rarely had many chances but were able to take advantage of every chance they got.

27th minute- A wicked deflection wrong foots the unfortunate stopper! Sanchez JOAQUIN will take the credit for that!

32th minute. Bayern leveled the scores with Valerien ISMAEL toe poking it in, what a poachers goal.

Andres D'ALESSANDRO thumps in a low drive from 20 yards out! Two keepers couldn't have stopped that! in the 38th minute giving Dortmund the lead. AFter that D'Alessandro proved too much for Bayern just destroyin the defence and testing out Oliver Kahn. Two 2nd half goals by Frederic KANOUTE (51)

Louis SAHA (68) sealed the deal with Dortmund beating Bayern who were on a massive run. Now VBF Stugart is next in line to challenge Dortmund.

Borowski has officially signed to the German club after passing a medical, with Metzelder rumoured to be joining his fellow team mate to Dortmund.

Gim Gimini Gim!

PANATHINAIKOS 2 DINAMO MOSKVA 1

Christian GIMENEZ scored a brace tonight as Panathinaikos win again for the 8th time in a row on home soil.

Only after 7 minutes, the Greek side had a scare when DANNY arrived late at the far post only to hit the ball at the post and out. But instead of pulling back, panathinaikos became more determined.

Pepe had a header just fly wide of the post, 4 minutes later on the 17th minute, Stilian PETROV had his shot cleared off the line. 2 minutes later PAPADOPOLOUS had a great chance but hammered it over the bar. And 2 minutes again the Greek striker had a beautiful dipping shot from 25 yards that smashed against the bar!!!

Although Panathinaikos were the team in control. First blood went to the Russian team. ANDRADE headed powerfully past the NIEMI on 23 minutes!!! 0-1.

But with Panathinaikos not panicking. Basinas had a shot just wide of the mark, when from good passing play in the midfield!!

The equalizer came for The Greeks on the half hour mark. When Christian GIMENEZ hit a wonderful curling shot with great technique into the corner of the net. 1-1.

3 minutes later and the best last chance of the half fell to ZDEBEL. From a corner, the goalie came out to only punch it. The ball fell to ZDEBEL and he cleverly lobbed the keeper only for a DINAMO defender to header off the line!!!

Half Time

48 minutes gone and PETROV had a great shot that was equalled with a great save by the DINAMO keeper. On 52 minutes GIMENEX chipped over the keeper, but the ball went over the bar.

DERLEI, who had a slow first half, was showing a lot of potential for DINAMO MOSCOW. He made space in the midfield with some good skill but could only shoot the ball just past the post.

With 58 minutes gone. BASINAS broke through the defence and a one on one situation, but he could only hit the post with his shot.

Time was ticking for Panathinaikos. DINAMO seemed to be slowing the game down. But with a break down the right wing, PEPE had made a run down the middle of the pitch. The cross came in, and PEPE at full stretch just could not get his toe at the end of it. Agonizing stuff here at the Olympiako!!!

With 6 minutes to go, Panathinaikos still pressing. Again PETROV with great agility hits a beautiful over head kick that just squeezes over the bar!!!

With the screams from the Greek fans. And manager Clayton Green urging his men forward. The break through finally came with 4 minutes to go!!!

A ball was put into the box. But with the never give up attitude, the Greek teams players were diving their feet in. The ball squeezed out to GIMENEZ and he bundled it over the line. 2-1. A brace for Christian GIMENEZ and another home victory for Panathinaikos!!!

476.jpg

Christian Gimenez, since coming to Panathinaikos. Has played 9, scored 9!

Juve slip 3 points behind Barca in the race for 1st, after behind held to a 2-2 draw with Lyon, 2 straight draws now and they are ahead of Inter on GD.

Some good news for fans though as young Mexican Starlet Neri Castillo + promising Czech CB Mazuch arrived this morning, from Benfica and FC Brno respectively. Birsa went the other way in the Castillo deal.

2883.jpg

Mazuch raring to be a Juve starter one day.

castillo.jpg

Castillo hoping to impress new manager Navdeep Sandhu by his on the pitch performance.

He had this to say,

"I am very happy about joining a club of this stature and ability, its a dream come true. I hope to impress the manager and become a star for Juventus one day."

fc_porto.jpg

Porto take back top spot!

FC Porto tonight took back the top spot in Division 2 after a great performance at the Estado Do Dragao.

Porto came up 3-0 winners against Paris SG after goals from Forlan, Reyes and a second from Forlan.

With 9 games to go Porto are 2 points ahead of 2nd placed Bayern and 3 points ahead of Dortmund as all 3 look to have promotion to the top flight in the bag after recent drops in performance from Stuttgard and Werder Bremman.

A division with 4 German teams running for promotion is hopefully going to end up in the Portugese hands of Porto and English manager Dan Payne.

As the likes of Real Madrid and AC Milan deep in the relegation zone look to be joined by Valencia or Corinthians in Division 2 next season, the question is who can win the battle of Division 2.

Cristiano dazzles as Dortmund seal 3 points

ronaldostar1xh8av9.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-28

Dortmund got 3 valuable points this evening leaving them in 3rd spot as the top 3 looks to be set as Stuttgart and Bremen faulter. Dortmund seem to be on a mission after a poor form slump, they came back to silence their critics after a great 4-2 Victory.

Dortmund won the game in the first 20 minutes. After 4 goals by C.Ronaldo,Kanoute, Saha, D'Alessandro. Dortmund were all over Man Utd and C.Ronaldo showed his best against former club. The boos soon became claps at Old Trafford as Cristiano just demolished Man Utd, with his speed and skill. He was unlucky not to score more than one goal. But valiant Man Utd fought back in the 2nd half getting 2 goals but it was not enough. Bryan showed us why he was the man to keep Man Utd from relegation, but even he could not stop Dortmund.

According to Sky Sports, Dortmund has been the most interesting team to watch this season after some great matches. Dortmund have demolsihed Man Utd, Bayern, and Stutgart, and Memic aims for first place.

Greek Menu: Roasted Frogs

Panathinaikos beat Auxerre at the Abbe-Deschamps 4-2.

And again the man in control was Christian GIMENEZ. 11 goals in 10 games now for the greek team.

After 12 minutes GIMENEZ skipped inside his marker and hit a curling shot past the keeper. 0-1

But after 30 minutes, Kaboul of Auxerre scored a tap in for the equalizer. 1-1

3 minutes later. Again GIMENEZ hit a screamer from 25 yard only to be denied by the cross bar.

But on 35 minutes. BASINAS went through, but scuffed his shot and miss hit, but it fumbled through Fabian Cool's hands into the net!! 1-2.

The second half was very much the same. Chances going to both sides. After 56 minutes from some excellent passing. GIMENEZ was through on goal and finished with ease to make it 3-1 to Panathinaikos!!!

The next 15 minutes saw Auxerre pile on the pressure. WILLIAMS missed an absolute sitter from 5 yards. A last ditch tackle by PEPE saved defensive blushes by the greek side also.

But on 67 minutes, AKALE fro Auxerre thumped a low drive 20 yards out. Back in with a shout!! 2-3!

2 minutes later again GIMENEZ found himself for a hattrick opportunity, but missed with a shot past the post!!

With 15 minutes to go, Panathinaikos were looking like the stronger team. And when the chance fell to ZDEBEL, he turned quickly to fire into the bottom corner. 4-2 to Panathinaikos.

Another 3 points in the bag to the most in form team in the division. 36 points from a possible 45. And that is not bad considering 13 games ago they were sitting 6 points adrift at the bottom of the league!!! Now they have moved up to 8th!!!

They still yet to play the bottom 3 teams. So they will try and push up even more up the league!!

Dinamo Zagreb are unmanaged once again this morning, as George has moved on to leave them behind for hopefully a new era.

George said ' I am leaving WC2 for a while, I may be back another day, I may not. Being honest, I joined this setup purely because I had heard good things about it, now I have been in charge of Dinamo for around 10 games, I realise this isn't the setup for me. Good luck to all in this setup. '

I just want to say an amazing well done to Clayts :eek:

Panathinaikos where probably one of the worst teams in the league and where almost relegated now you have the up to 8th and unbeaten in 9 games thats amazing well done Clayts!!

I would also like to mention Ashley Young Is Available for Loan

B)

Well. It keeps going!!! lol!!

Panathinaikos recorded their 4th straight win. Also 11 games unbeaten. Panathinaikos are a team who everyone seems to fear at the moment. 3rd placed Lazio lost at home to the Greek side 3-1.

Panathinaikos, when taken over by manager Clayton Green were bottom of the league by 6 points!!! Now they find themselves only 9 points from 3rd placed Lazio. Panathinaikos now are 7th in the league!!!