World Championship 2 MKII

Re: World Championship 2 MKII

Latest new from WC 2:

Olympiacos C.F.P Chairman Socratis Kokkalis has appointed Jeff Kow as new manager of Olympiacos C.F.P. The chairman and the manager is aiming for a mid-table finish at the end of the season.

Jeff Kow: "I will do my best in improving the squad to meet the team objective this season. And i am very confident that the players will do well and not disappointed the fans of Olympiacos C.F.P.":D (Jeffkowtv.com)

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: World Championship 2 MKII Chelsea World Champ 2 Major 3 Season Update 3 more seasons have gone by since my last report on life in WC2 and I think its an appropriate time to advertise the

wc2 summary of the cup Arsenal 1(p) - 1 Besiktas We start the night of with Arsenal against Besiktas a game which had to be decided in Penalties Fredrik LJUNGBERG (43) gave the home team the adva

Re: World Championship 2 MKII Pan Sizzle Seven Past Sevilla Panathinaikos 7 Sevilla 1 (and Sevilla played full strength!!) Panathinaikos showed Sevilla the way to play football tonight! Se

Dortmund is Back

Harry Memic and his team have hada dreadful start to the season, as the new signings and the old ones jutst haven't gelled and found any rythm. EVen though Memic watched his side be the better of the team week in week out but just lacked the final touch, goals.

Drotmund have recorded their 2nd straight win, this time at the expense of Bayern Munchen. Whata win for Harry over his German rivals. Dortmund reallly needed a win to give their title hopes any chance, and it was C.Ronaldo who got going early, he terrorized the Bayern defence. If M DE SANCTIS wasn't awake C.Ronaldo would have surely won the game in the first 20 minutes. Dortmund drew first blood with a long ball by Cannavaro which C.Ronaldo got his head under and smashed it in to the back of the net.

20 minutes gone 1-0. Dortmund were in control. Ivan played a very defensive style having a sweeper just incase Memic's attack proved much and his Bayern caught Dortmund on the counter with Leandro FERNANDEZ stciking a head home. 1-1.

Half time 1-1.

Memic doesn't seem to impressed with Dortmund's finishing as he gives a good shout at Toni and Kanoute.

2nd Half begins. 48th minute Kanoute dribbles past two playesr with grace and finishes it nicely. Toni just 6 minutes later produces a piece of individual skill as he dribbles from half way past 5 players and drives the ball past the keeper. Game Set Match. Whatever Memic told his strikers it paid off. Final result 3-1. Dortmund go to the dressing room a happy team. Next is FC Porto who came off a draw, however Dortmund will be missing Sniejder due to his red card.

Dortmund haven't beaten Porto all season last year and Memic says this game will produce a star and show what teams wants that title. Dortmund go away to Portugal to end Porto's unbeaten run.

(30-9-2007) Latest news from WC 2:

After yesterday Olympiacos C.F.P hard fought 2-2 home draw against Aston Villa, manager Jeff Kow is happy with the effort put in by his players.

Jeff Kow: “Coming back from two goals down to earn a point against a team like Aston Villa is not going to be easy. For that, i applauded the team fighting spirit. Seeing the desire in my players to win, and with that fighting spirit, i am confident that we can do well for the coming matches ahead.” :)

(Jeffkowtv.com)

Besiktas get their first win under Philp

Besiktas 2-1 Charlton Athletic

Loanee Darrent Bent scored the opener on eight minutes keeping up his fine run of form. Matt Holland levelled for Charlton with 16 minutes gone. Then Cristian Ledesma grabbed the winner on 56 minutes, handing Besiktas the three points.

darren_bent.jpg

Ex-Charlton striker Bent, now enjoying life in Turkey, is scoring for fun!

ledesma.jpg

Cristian Ledesma, on loan from Milan, grabbed Besiktas' winner last night taking them to 10th in Division 3

West Ham Utd v RIVER PLATE: TEAM NEWS

Tom Greenfield looks set to give most of his 1st teamers a breather tonight, as Benjani and Hakan Sukur look set for starts up front, Youth teamers Jamison and Tissione look to play in the Plate midfield, whilst theirs first game of the season for defenders Maliginro and Sekarga.

Crushed Cruzeiro are Cupped

2nd placed Panathinaikos in Division 3 beat high flyers in Division 2 Cruzeiro 4-1 at The Arena tonight!

With Panathinaikos unbeaten so far this season, it looks like Clayton Green's side are starting exactly where they finished from last season!

It looked like it was gonna be Cruzeiro who would be the team tonight. When only a inute was played when DIARRA had an amazing chance only to fluff it over the bar from 6 yards!!

But 3 chances in 7 minutes from Panathinaikos showed they were not going to be a walk over!! ROTHEN hit the side netting. PAPADOPOLOUS had a 25 yard strike go past the post. And PETROV'S lob beat the keeper but went over the bar!!

However Matt Phillips side took the lead after 18 mins when SCHLAUDRAFF made no mistake from 15 yards!! 0-1 Ou of nowhere!!

This only encouraged Panathinaikos to push forward!! On 20 minutes GIMINEZ made a great little run only to see his shot brush the post.

On 23 minutes DONI made a wonderful save in the Cruzeiro goal. But it had to come. And it did. 6 minutes later Jerome ROTHEN, who has been a great player already this season, shot one in off the the post!!! 1-1!

Minute later PEPE had a header just over the bar. Cruzeiro looked dazed and could only muster up one more chance of the half when Altintop HALIL turned skillfully but rifled the shot wide. After this, it was all the home side!!!

Minute later, a second goal came for Panathinaikos. PAPADOPOLOUS made no mistake from the defensive error and calmly rounded the keeper to take the lead! 2-1.

And only a minute after the goal on 37 minutes. It could of been 3-1. But Doni made a fully stretched save from a shot of 30 yards, and he tipped it around the post! Close shave!

Again on 38 minutes PETROV headed over.

And a penalty appeal was not given on 39 minutes when it looked like PEPE was fouled.

Half Time Score: Panathinaikos 2 Cruzeiro 1

Whatever Matt Phillips said to Cruzeiro at half time. It seemed to have worked. They kept the ball and played well. NIEMI had to make a reflex save to keep the ball out and SERGIO CONCEICAO was making some wonderful touches and passing. But unfortunately could not turn them into great chances for the Brazilian based side.

The next chance fell to the home side on the 54th minute. GIMINEZ found himself some space but rushed his shot, instead of finding the corner he put it straight into the keepers hands!

Cruzeiro again were putting the pressure on. But some great influential work and tackling from EDU DRACENA seemed to give an effective resaponse from Panathinaikos!!

When on 62 minutes, the ball was played square to GIMINEZ who rasped home a screamer for 3-1 to the Greeks!!

Now, this you would of thought would blow the wind out of Cruzeiro's sails!! No. It did not! Cruzeiro threw caution to the wind. And started attacking!

On 66 minutes SCHLAUDRAFF, who had not done much since the early goal. Had a shot from nowhere that just went wide!

5 minutes later NIEMI had to clear some danger from Cruzeiro!!!

But on 74 minutes, because of the attacking style of Cruzeiro, Panathinaikos made a break but the shot was turned around the post by DONI!! Wonderful save!

6 minutes later. Again a ball over the top, and the counter attack is on, one on one with DONI!! But again the keeper wins the battle again!

81 minutes gone, GIMINEZ bursts through the lacking defence, but only to see his first touch get to Doni in time!!

6 minutes to go a chip from Panathinaikos sees Doni back peddaling to push over the line, then from the corner it was headed out to Petrov, who jinxed past 2 players on to fumble his shot!!

With one minute to go, a defensive error from a corner from Cruzeiro was pounced on by PRESSLEY who toe poked home! 4-1. Game over!

Full Time: Panathinaikos 4 Cruzeiro 1

(2-10-2007) Latest news from WC 2:

After yesterday Olympiacos C.F.P 2-1 away loss to Sao Paulo, manager Jeff Kow was disappointed with the result, but think that the better team won on the night.

Jeff Kow: "We are disappointed with the loss, but we must look back at where we had gone wrong and try to avoid similar mistakes in coming matches ahead of us."

(Jeffkowtv.com)

265.gif V 357.gif

Match Preview

Pre Match News

Zenit St Petersburg have performed well under there new manager Arsenal 123 since he took over just before the start of the season. Zenit St Petersburg are currently first in division 4 and have won 6 of there first 7 games with the other being a lose to second place Aston Villa. SK Rapid Vienna are 4th in the league and will be a tough opposition for league leaders Zenit St Petersburg but Arsenal 123 is confident on a good result. SK Rapid Vienna are currently unmanaged but won there last game and the players are confident. Arsenal 123 said "This is going to be a tough game but i believe we will win this game with the players i have. We are going to continue are form and i hope that we can stay top of the division after tonight game."

Team Reports

Zenit St Petersburg likely line up is looking like this -

GK - MALAFEEV

RB - SHISHKIN

LB - DE CLER

CB - DAVENPORT

CB - KRIZANAC

RM - CULINA

LM - DENISOV

CM - SIDWELL

CM - DHORASOO ©

AM -BRAVO

CF -AILTON

Mach pack Review:

Liverpool v RIVER PLATE: Tonight 20:00PM

Tom Greenfield looks to go back to his strongest available team for tonights match at Anfield. Tuncay is set to complete his comeback from his thigh injury which kept him out for 4 or 4 matches. Tom has stressed that the team cant be mentally weakened by the fact they're away to such a big name as Liverpool. " They're on their day extremely good, alot to break down, but were stronger," " We've improved as a team unit since last season, so tonight we must demonstrate this,"

Dortmund come away with 3 points.

This was a game both sides needed to win Dortmund and FC Porto.

Fc Porto started the more comfortable side and attacked early, getting their fans worked up. Dan Payne knew if he could just get the Fc Porto fans to start cheering it would give his squad a physiological advantage. Porto wre all over a sloppy Dortmund in the 20 minute. Cannavaro was the reason Porto couldn't get any of their chances.

Memic got a little fired up screaming like a cray person, and then Dortmund seemed to turn around, getting possesion and building up the play, then Porto was on the back foot, with C.Ronaldo making some dazzling runs but no end product. Porto were feeling the heat after Borowski kept intercepting their passes, reading them like an open book.

With Dortmund's attack on Porto all the portugese could do were hit Dortmund on the counter and they came pretty close a couple of time if it wasn't for Van Der Sar pulling off some great saves.

Just about half time, Dan is gonna have to talk to the lads and try turn this game around, Porto lucky to be coming to half time 0-0, he have a lot of GOAL!!!!! Luca Toni's positioning sees him finish off a easy goal and 1-0 at half time. Oooooo the fans don't seem happy the stadium has just gone dead silent. There is no better feeling to a away team then a silent stadium.

The 2nd half begin were it left off, Dormtund kept a lot of the posession working the ball around and just opening up Porto's defence. Riqueleme has proved to Memic he was a great buy, after Riqueleme sent a come and get me plea from Real Madrid who are struggling in div 2. Riqueleme did what he does best hold the ball, slow down tempo and just lays of a beautiful through ball which finds C.Ronaldo who dribbles past Eboue and sends in a cross, which meets Borowski's head and its 2-0. 5 porto defenders and 1 dortmund attacker, how did Ronaldo manage to find him, wow. After the 62nd minute Porto just went for it all had nothing to loose with Reyes running down the pitch and taking shot, with one being cleared of the line by Cannavaro. Oh beatiful cross by Reyes, Van Der Sar caught out of position and noooooooo Forlan misses the whole ball completely. That was just a tap in, if he connected Porto could have gotten a concelation.

Full time 2-0. The Away team go home with well deserved 3 points.

Harry: I'm proud of the lads we deserved that win and just happy we got it playing like a team. Porto did scare us early on, the we got comfortable to the surroundings and the game was ours. I'm please Riqueleme has gelled in the team so well. We are looking to buy a back up LM or Winger due to not having enough cover on the wings. i'm happy we are finally getting the results we deserve, but we still aren't out our best. Dortmund still has got a bit more training to get up to our best. Dan looked a bit dissapointed and I don't blame him, if he got a goal early the game could have gone the other way around, and his unbeaten run comes to an end. But it is better to be clobbered when ont playing your best as it sends a message to your boys shape up or ship out, gives the ma reason to try their best in training.

(4-10-2007) Latest news from WC 2:

Another 2-2 away draw from yesterday Olympiacos C.F.P match with Santos left the manager wondering how they managed to throw away the lead and not go home with 3 points after Santos was down to 10 man in the 78min...

Jeff Kow: "We will learn from our mistakes, my players are getting better with each game. Their teamwork and morale has improved since the first day i take charge of the club. I am confident that they will get the result very soon."

(Jeffkowtv.com)

Panathinaikos - Unbeaten This Season!

Panathinaikos 1 Manchester City 0

Another game won for the greek side managed under Clayton Green, but this time was arguably the closest match yet for Panathinaikos.

The one and only goal came from loanie Aaron Lennon with a not so typical header from an inswinging corner.

But really, the player who received the applause was Panathinaikos keeper Antti Niemi!!

He had pulled 4 remarkable saves to keep City at bay. Even in the first minute he was called upon when he came roaring off his line to force a shot wide. And on the 11th minute tumbled across the goal to palm away a goal bound header.

On 38 minutes Joey Barton had a cracking shot but Niemi was at full stretch to tip it wide! 4 minutes later Vassell hit a snapshot, but a wonderful reflex save from Niemi kept the ball out.

In the first half Manchester City had created the most chances and should of been 2 or 3 up. Barton skyed the ball from 6 yards. Vassell shot wide in front of an open goal. And Niemi had made some fantastic saves.

The only chance for Panathinaikos was found on 4 minutes, when Claudio Lopez shot an inch wide.

Half Time - Panathinaikos 0 Manchester City 0

Whatever Clayton Green told his men at half time. It worked. The Greek side came out looking like hungry lions. With a roaring crowd behind them!!

1 minute into the second half Petrov found himself clear only to be denied by the post!

On 55 minutes Calve for Manchester City hit the cross bar!!

A minute later Basinas did some show boating for the fans, which really lifted their spirits! Although Manchester City still were getting chances. Panathinaikos seemed to be playing better!

With Marcus Allback getting ready to come on. Papadopolous must of known it was for him. So now he decided he had now turned up.

A shot sliced wide and a wonderful strike that was wonderfully saved by David James, had shown that in the last few minutes, that he did not want to leave the pitch.

On 75 minutes he was substituted for Marcus Allback. Panathinaikos had won a corner. But the corner which many thought would be in Allbacks direction found it self to little Aarron LENNON who headed past James!! 1-0.

A minute later Allback shot a delicate chip which had James back peddling to push over the bar!

Niemi with not much to do this half was finally called upon, in the 83rd minute. A half volley was struck well, but Niemi spectaculary palmed it away.

With 6 minutes left. Lennon nearly grabbed his 2nd of the night. But his drive found it self whistle past the post.

Full Time - Panathinaikos 1 Manchester City 0

MOM - Antti Niemi

Greens Greeks vs Toms Argies - NEXT

"This will probably be one of the biggest matches of the season!!"

With Hamburgs Darshan in top spot, Green 2nd with Panathinaikos. Lukes Dep.La Coruna in 3rd and Toms River Plate in 4th. It shows the Forumers know what they are doing!!

Clayton Green has said that the top four probably will be there or there abouts.

"This league is very very tough. Now the likes of Sevilla and Liverpool are in here, it is going to be a tougher challenge than last season. But in my oponion I think the top four now will be the teams to beat. All managers I know quite well. And so our next game against River Plate will be extremely tough. Also as it is away from home. This will be a 6 pointer i think. But I rested a few players for this Manchester City game. One being Rothen, who has been the best player for us so far this season. Also, we have a few argentinians, so maybe they will be able to play in the heat over there. But I know my team will give 101%. They always do, from which I am grateful"

CSKA Moscow 3 - 2 Charlton Athletic

CSKA dominated this game at The Valley but Charlton made them work hard for George's 2nd win in 4 games as boss.

With recent loan signing Giuseppe Rossi making his 2nd appearance in place of the suspended Daniel Carvalho the rest of the side was unchanged once again.

Striker Ivica Olic opened the scoring in the 19th minute, a goal that kept CSKA in front until half time.

Charlton came about in the 2nd half a changed side, taking the lead within 4 minutes of the restart thanks to goals from Shane Long and Ahmed Kamel Hassan.

CSKA's fighting spirit was shown though as Charlton began to relax. Olic scored again in the 77th minute, to equalise, his 9th goal in 8 games this season.

With that equaliser CSKA were more confident and began to press for the winner. Vasili Beruzutsky got that winner in the 86th minute to make the long trip to England something to smile about.

The win lifts CSKA 4 places, to 15th with all 7 points coming from the 4 games of the new management.

Meanwhile, the loan signing of Fuente Sergio Garcia from Barcelona has been completed.

This deal has come as a shock to most fans as Ivica Olic is currently doing a fine job as striker, George however has dismissed rumours of him being dropped saying Garcia is simply a reserve.

417.gif

After taking over Stuttgart on Tuesday morning, Ross Philp got his side ready fairly quickly for their away tie at Shakhtar Donetsk on Wednesday night.

Shakhtar Donetsk 0-2 VfB Stuttgart

Philp started with a 4-4-2 formation, with Fernando Morientes and Jo partnering each other up front. But it was two defenders who struck for the Germans as they took all three points in Ukraine. Ledley King scored with an easy finish ten yards out, after 22 minutes. Only nine minutes later, the other central defender Delpierre tapped in after the ball rebouned off the crossbar.

Ross Philp has wasted no time in ringing the changes, with the following players for sale. He has said that managers are either to contact him directly, or simply make an offer for:

Pablo Contreras CB/RB

Shaun Wright-Phillips RM/W

Marco Marchionni RM

Costinha CM/DM

Cassio Lincoln AM

Fabrizio Miccoli F/AM

Jon Dahl Tomasson F

Bosko Balaban CF

Panathinaikos Break Rivers Banks

Top of the League - Panathinaikos

In what was billed to be the toughest match to date for Panathinaikos as they faced River Plate away, seemed almost too easy for the Greek side!

Clayton Green of Panathinaikos said this a few days ago, "And so our next game against River Plate will be extremely tough. Also as it is away from home. This will be a 6 pointer i think."

But Tom's River Plate could not stop the might of Panathinaikos.

After only 5 minutes GIMENEZ of Panathinaikos was given the ball with so much time but his weak shot was straight to the keeper.

James McFADDEN for River Plate wa then looking liveley and failed to take his two chances, blasting them both wide.

On 25 minutes Aaron LENNON for Panathinaikos had a spectactular overhead kick just wide of the mark.

A lot of the ball had been played in the middle of the park with not much creativity! But the ball came to GIMENEZ in the 31st minute, who from 20 yards blasted past the hapless keeper! 0-1.

There was not much to report for the rest of the half!

Half Time - River Plate 0 Panathinaikos 1

Straight from the break. Gaston FERNANDEZ for River Plate who was their best player of the first half scored a wonderful curling shot for the equalizer!! 1-1.

But 3 minutes later. BASINAS was given too much space. Hit a mis hit shot that went under the keeper. 1-2.

Only a minute later and again Panathinaikos were coming forward to finish the game off. ABBIATI was quick tho to stop the goal.

On 55 minutes Gaston FERNANDEZ popped up after a defence mix up, but shot wide of goal!

On 56 minutes MOUTINHO of Panathinaikos had a quick snap shot that only whistled past the keepers post.

The jeers went around the ground. On the hour stroke, Gaston FERNANDEZ was to be substituted. Surely a mistake, as he had been one of the best players on the pitch!! Benjamin MWARUWARIwas the player to replace him.

On 68 minutes TUNCAY the turkish international dived at the front post only to be denied by the woodwork. Nearly 3 for Panathinaikos!!

74 minutes and the 4th goal of the game came. And it was Panathinaikos with the blow. Ivan DRAGUTINOV took the ball from a messy corner and placed it in from 10 yards! 1-3.

5 minutes later and surely the crushing blow. GIMENEZ for the greek side, ran through the defence and slammed the ball home!! 1-4! Its a rout!

6 minuted to go before the final whistle. The substitute Benjamin MWARUWARI headed home from a cross from the left. 2-4.

Final Score : River Plate 2 Panathinaikos 4

Panathinaikos were the better team with more possession, more shots on target, and more shot in total.

Clayton Green's side now find themselves top of the league Hamburg could only draw at home against Liverpool.

Next up for Panathinaikos is a tough encounter with Mr.Adamski's Boca Juniors! Who are currently 16th in Division 2.

CSKA Moscow 4 - 1 Sampdoria

With Daniel Carvalho taking his place back in the side after his suspension, the now suspended Giuseppe Rossi moved back out :rolleyes:

Other than that, the side that beat Charlton played.

Ivica Olic, starting despite the loan signing of de la Fuente Sergio Garcia, opened the scoring in the 22nd minute, hammering home with ease.

More chances were created but at half time, the scoreline was still 1 - 0.

Soon after the 2nd half started, it was 2 - 0, Eduardo Bruno Alves rounding the keeper and finishing from an acute angle.

76 minutes gone, and 3 - 0, Yuri Zhirkov breaking through the defence to lash home.

Max Tonetto pulled one back for Sampdoria in the 78th minute, a mix up by the keeper allowing him to score.

Any chance of a late comeback though was ruined when in the 81st minute, Dudu Cearense headered powerfully past the keeper.

CSKA move up the table again then, now sitting in 12th place, Sampdoria move bottom.

(7-10-2007) Latest news from WC 2:

The first home win for Olympiacos C.F.P under the new manager Jeff Kow sent the fans home ‘a happy man’. 1-0 the final score, and the manager was seen jumping up from his seat after the lone goal scored by Peter Crouch in the 58th min.

Jeff Kow: "Of course I am happy with the win, the players played well and we deserved to win the match. The players are very happy after a long awaited win at home for them and the supporter…..”

(Jeffkowtv.com)

265.gif 3 - 2 429.gif

Zenit St Petersburg Win Again.

The goals

29: GOAL!! - The ball is casually rolled into the net by Jason CULINA, where was the defense?

57: GOAL!! - After a scramble in the box, Igor DENISOV bundles it over the line!

60: GOAL!! - Fernando RICKSEN finishes from a yard.

75: GOAL!! - Peter LOVENKRANDS won't score an easier goal after a terrible back-pass falls short!

78: GOAL!! - Omar BRAVO caresses in a curling shot! What technique!

Arsenal 123 on the game

"It was a very good performance which takes us top of the league i hope this form continues as we are playing good football and usually getting the results. I have just sold a striker which hasn't been playing for 2.4 million which gives the finances a well needed boost as they were only just above even. The players are confident and i believe that these results will continue. The next game is in the world champ cup and we will be playing our second eleven as are main priority is the league."

Match Stats

Zenit St Petersburg goal scorers - Jason CULINA, Igor DENISOV and Omar BRAVO

Rangers goal scorers - Fernando RICKSEN and Peter LOVENKRANDS

Man Of The Match - Igor DENISOV

Guest the plummer

I must admit i didn't but we are top of the table and we are 1 point ahead of your Rapid Vienna so it could be between me and you to who wins the tittle.

Shame that your fighting a losing battle. ;)

Mate im in 35 million debt and a team of no bodys so if a lose the next 25 games their is no shame but with you , your need to have a good finish . so pressures on matey:)

Mate im in 35 million debt and a team of no bodys so if a lose the next 25 games their is no shame but with you ' date=' your need to have a good finish . so pressures on matey:)[/quote']

I am also bordering on the line of debt and before i sold Andriy Poroshin which was last turn i was only just in the black on +800k but i sold him for 2.4 million and now i am in the safe zone again.

Panathinaikos Break Rivers Banks

Top of the League - Panathinaikos

In what was billed to be the toughest match to date for Panathinaikos as they faced River Plate away' date=' seemed almost too easy for the Greek side!

Clayton Green of Panathinaikos said this a few days ago, "[i']And so our next game against River Plate will be extremely tough. Also as it is away from home. This will be a 6 pointer i think."[/i]

But Tom's River Plate could not stop the might of Panathinaikos.

After only 5 minutes GIMENEZ of Panathinaikos was given the ball with so much time but his weak shot was straight to the keeper.

James McFADDEN for River Plate wa then looking liveley and failed to take his two chances, blasting them both wide.

On 25 minutes Aaron LENNON for Panathinaikos had a spectactular overhead kick just wide of the mark.

A lot of the ball had been played in the middle of the park with not much creativity! But the ball came to GIMENEZ in the 31st minute, who from 20 yards blasted past the hapless keeper! 0-1.

There was not much to report for the rest of the half!

Half Time - River Plate 0 Panathinaikos 1

Straight from the break. Gaston FERNANDEZ for River Plate who was their best player of the first half scored a wonderful curling shot for the equalizer!! 1-1.

But 3 minutes later. BASINAS was given too much space. Hit a mis hit shot that went under the keeper. 1-2.

Only a minute later and again Panathinaikos were coming forward to finish the game off. ABBIATI was quick tho to stop the goal.

On 55 minutes Gaston FERNANDEZ popped up after a defence mix up, but shot wide of goal!

On 56 minutes MOUTINHO of Panathinaikos had a quick snap shot that only whistled past the keepers post.

The jeers went around the ground. On the hour stroke, Gaston FERNANDEZ was to be substituted. Surely a mistake, as he had been one of the best players on the pitch!! Benjamin MWARUWARIwas the player to replace him.

On 68 minutes TUNCAY the turkish international dived at the front post only to be denied by the woodwork. Nearly 3 for Panathinaikos!!

74 minutes and the 4th goal of the game came. And it was Panathinaikos with the blow. Ivan DRAGUTINOV took the ball from a messy corner and placed it in from 10 yards! 1-3.

5 minutes later and surely the crushing blow. GIMENEZ for the greek side, ran through the defence and slammed the ball home!! 1-4! Its a rout!

6 minuted to go before the final whistle. The substitute Benjamin MWARUWARI headed home from a cross from the left. 2-4.

Final Score : River Plate 2 Panathinaikos 4

Panathinaikos were the better team with more possession, more shots on target, and more shot in total.

Clayton Green's side now find themselves top of the league Hamburg could only draw at home against Liverpool.

Next up for Panathinaikos is a tough encounter with Mr.Adamski's Boca Juniors! Who are currently 16th in Division 2.

Tom: " Credit to Clayts, but at the same time, our bad was too bad,"

Tom greenfield was left with a high volume of jeers around River Plate Stadium on Saturday as they were overturned by the Greeks Panathinaikos. Tom also explained the meaning of substituting Fenandes for Benjani which brought alot of hissing and boos from the home supporters, and didn't get the best out of Fenandes's reaction

(Fenandes): " The boss i thought was crazy at first, now I understand everyone needs chances,"

" Benny ( Benjani) is great lad, great attitude, Gaffa ( Tom Greenfield) said time and time over thats important to amount og football we get this season,"

" I only played to show what I can do, hopefully now boss knows that, and will allow me to play more often,"

" Im River Plate throughout, no doubt,"

TG " I know the frustration with the lad right now, but if I was him and I was taken off like he was, i'd be the same,"

" Maybe Fenny would of gone ona nd scored a hat trick, maybe not, thats life which is a gamble at times,"

" It was a hard time for him and myself, I knew he'd done well, but so had Tuncay beside him, Benjani deserved a chance,"

" It would be too much to have choose 3 strikers in the scenario, so the end of the day you have a lottery question, Tuncay or Fenandes,"

TUNCAY: " The team never deserved to get beaten that bad, we did good football,"

" My strike partnership with Fenandes is good, we know each other nicely,"

Next up for Plate is Chelsea in the World Cup.

TG: " Fenandes will not be in the squad to face Chelsea on Monday night, he's rested for Wednesday and Saturday's league games, he'll play the full 90 on Wednesday for fact,"

" Benjani might also miss out Monday,"

" Im looking to play a squad that has a mixture of confidence on Monday, this game's a massive learning curve for my players,"

Leite Adriano will have a late fitness test before the game, which Tom only wants his players to learn from, and admits he'll be learning too.

" If were battered 5-0, it'll do me more good then beating them on penalties,"

265.gif(Zenit St Petersburg win 3-1 on penalties.) 0 - 0 338.gif

Match Overview -

Zenit St Petersburg were going to face a very tough opposition last night but with the form Zenit St Petersburg were in anything felt possible from there point of view. A new manager was appointed at the start of this season and it looks like he will be there to stay after his results read like this (including this game) -

Won - 8

Drew - 0

Lost - 2

They are top of division 2 and have now beaten Paris SG in the cup and Arsenal 123 looks like an amazing manager and might take this club onto big things.

The Team Sheets -

Zenit St Petersburg -

GK - MALAFEEV

RB - SHISHKIN

LB - DE CLER

CB - DAVENPORT

CB - KRIZANAC

RM - CULINA

LM - DENISOV

CM - SIDWELL

CM - FERNANDO

AM - BRAVO

CF - AILTON

Paris SG -

GK - CESAR

CB - ARRIBAGE

CB - MIGNOT

CB - WOLF

RM - BALBOA

LM - GROTE

CM - CANA

CM - DULJAJ

F - ZIANI

CF - DOYLE

CF - GUIZA

The Game -

It was a very uneventful game and defiantly didn't have that cup tie feel about it. It wasn't a great game and never really had you on the edge of your seat. Although that i exactly what Zenit St Petersburg wanted after getting there attacking midfielder sent off in only the 34th minute. Omar Bravo was the man who was sent off the reason was because he never went for the ball it was a vicious tackle and was only looking to take the man. Apart from that nothing happened and it went to penalties. Zenit St Petersburg took there penalties calmly and looked trained at them they scored 3 out 4 while Paris SG only scored 1 out of 4 so Zenit St Petersburg went into the next round winning 3 - 1 on penalties.

Match Stats -

Goals - None

Yellow Cards - None

Red Cards - Omar Bravo

Arsenal 123 on the game -

"I was very pleased with the game and i thought the team showed great determination to hold on after we went a man down and we looked calm taking our penalties. We will be looking to take this competition seriously and are hopping to cause a few upsets and defeating a division 2 club in our first game is a good start. Although are main priority is the league and we want to win the division 4 tittle but i am proud of the players and hope we can repeat this determination week in week out."

Dortmund snatch 5th straight win

Dortmund are back in the contention for the title race after another win which saw Memic's team move up to 4th spot. After a poor start Dortmund has bounced back and are raring to make a big impression on Division 1.

The Dortmund- Memic dynasty has been huge in Germany, after the manager took over a club who were in relegation zone, pulled them out to 7th spot in the first season. Next Season Memic bought some players and Dortmund soon became title condenders and were promoted to 2nd Division. Then another great season saw Dortmund in top flight for the first time in their history of World Championship 2. Memic has turned Dortmund from a team who no-one had a clue into a club with very exciting players.

NOw Dortmund are searching for their 6th win on the trot against a struggling Valencia. Toni one of Memic's pre season signings has proven to be worth the handsome fee after baggin his 5th goal last game to secure a victory against Udinese.