World Championship 2 MKII

Re: World Championship 2 MKII

(11-10-2007) Latest news from WC 2:

The first away win for Olympiacos C.F.P under the new manager Jeff Kow with an impressive 3-0 winning result at the end of the game. The press and football pundits are starting to predict a higher ranking in the table than the mid-table finish the manager is aiming for. (Maybe even promotion)

Jeff Kow: "I agree with the press and football pundits comments, anything can happen in football. But I will be a very happy man if my players keep on playing football like this and I will not be surprise to see them playing in division 3 next season…..”

(Jeffkowtv.com)

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: World Championship 2 MKII Chelsea World Champ 2 Major 3 Season Update 3 more seasons have gone by since my last report on life in WC2 and I think its an appropriate time to advertise the

wc2 summary of the cup Arsenal 1(p) - 1 Besiktas We start the night of with Arsenal against Besiktas a game which had to be decided in Penalties Fredrik LJUNGBERG (43) gave the home team the adva

Re: World Championship 2 MKII Pan Sizzle Seven Past Sevilla Panathinaikos 7 Sevilla 1 (and Sevilla played full strength!!) Panathinaikos showed Sevilla the way to play football tonight! Se

(14-10-2007) Latest news from WC 2:

A shocking 6-1 win over SK Rapid Vienna prove that the press and football pundit comment on 11-10-2007 that Olympiacos may even gain promotion to division 3 next season…

Jeff Kow: "The win was a real boost to the team morale and really shows the rest of the teams in division 4 that we can beat any team if we played like what we played yesterday… All credit to my players for their amazing goal scoring show (6-1 the final score)" :D

(Jeffkowtv.com)

Dortmund win again

this time at the expense of Valenica 5-1. After Luca Toni had a great game netting in 5 goals. Dortmund have recorded their 6th straight win to take them in within striking distance of 1st place. AFter a very poor start to the season Memic's men have really gone to another level and proved they are worth Division 1 level. Luca Toni's transfer has been remarkable. Some questioned offering Modric for an ageing striker but Memic backed his man who now has netted in 10 goals allready taking him to no.1 striker atm.

As found on the newspaper!

FC Porto manager jumps ship!!!

After 3 season's at FC Porto, boss Dan Payne couldn't refuse the offer of taking on one of WC 2's best in Juventus. Although he has declared his love for Porto and the fan's he felt it was time to move on and make a name for himself. The old Juve boss Navdeep Sandhu has decided to resign from his post and take some time off from management but before doing so left in a good word for close friend Payne. While Payne was reviewing an offer for Juve he decided to do what Nav had done and put in a good word for Leigh Austin and Matt Phillip's 2 other close friend's of his about the position at Porto. While Leigh turned down the offer, Matt Phillips has welcomed the role after his great success at Cruziero who have been taken over by Ross Philp. Payne has said he is relishing the chance to take Juve back to the glory day's and take away Inter and Barca's past glory. Dan has been quick to act with signing's of Kaboul and Mceverly to strengthen the growing youth team. He has also set his sight's on Mexes whom he admired for his Porto side. His main aim in the market is to strengthen Juve's attack which has said to be the sides weaker area.

Certain players out on loan's are being recalled due to the tiredness of the squad and also to be sold in deal's. I apologise for recalling player's and will offer them back to you right after they have filled in a role needed. So If I recall a player please bid again right after!

If they are being sold I can offer you priorety over new signings and other player's available for loan. Please do not make a loan bid for anyone that isnt available for loan, I will list anyone that is. Check the youth squad as there are many 88+ rated player's available.

Due to past link's with Porto they have priorety over and available player's even before those who I have given priorety after selling an ex loan player although of course they can only loan 3 player's so don't expect this to happen often.

Juve's target finish for season - Top 4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elsewhere Dan left Porto on a high after guiding them to 2nd in the league after winning the D2 last season! Dan has also made a great start to his Juve career after he won his first game in the league 4-2 at home against Bayern Munchen and also won in the cup 2-0 vs Udinese.

The movement continues..

With many managers moving clubs this week, Ross Philp has jumped on the bandwagon. Leaving Stuttgart behind after only a few weeks in charge, was a big decision for the boss. He has joined Cruzeiro, who are also in division two just like his former club Stuttgart.

Philp has already stamped his authority on the club by releasing two of the players who are currently on loan at the club. He would like to thank Danny Williams for the loan of Mathieu Flamini, and for Jan Schlaudraff thank formerly Nav, and now Dan Payne. The services of both were no longer required at the club, as Philp is looking for higher rated players to be loaning in.

Cruzeiro are currently 5th in the second division, six points from a promotion spot. ''That is our aim. What else should we be targeting? I will not settle for a 'mid-table' finish. No! Its promotion and I will get it out of the lads.'' Philp's first match tomorrow night, is at home to bottom side Lokomotiv. ''This is a great match to start with, as unlike us, the Russian side will be low in confidence, having won only one match so far this season.''

''The squad that will start the match is - Doni, Kromkamp, Brechet, Garay, Raul Meireles, Donati, Hilbert, Trochowski, Arveladze, Alfonso Alves, Montella.''

''All of the squad is available for transfer, although reluctant to sell most of the first-teamers, and each of the bids will be considered greatly.''

He has however highlighted the following players for transfer - Garrido, Fathi, Kroldrup, Huiqui, Sinkiewicz, Nene, Sergio Conceicao, Hamann, Diarra, Meissner, Moreira, Montella/Halil.

''Thats all for now thanks :) ''

BREAKING NEWS

Toms leaves River Plate

News surging in from Argentinian media is coming up with horro titles and news headings reporting Tom Greenfield has stepped away from River Plate to take up the manager vacancy at Newcastle back in his home country.

" Newcastle is a huge step forward in my career, its a club shaped club, with good money at the helm for me,"

Tom has admitted his time at River Plate were simply excellent, and will miss the moments there in the market, and on the field. " They are truly world class,"

" I'll have them in my heart in this setup wheere ever i visit with Newcastle, truly sad moment to leave them,"

" But its my only way forward, yes River Plate can easily be a division 2 side one day, but i think my days were limited when I knew my patience in the lower 2 divisions were seriously low,"

Tom also promised he'd not celebrate 1 goal or beating River Plate if they ever went up face to face. " I promise this to them that i'll not celebrate anything against them, for fact,"

Tom wants to begin his career at Newcastle with 3 or 4 signings and to push them out of the relegation zone. " Yes they're in relegation, but that counts nothing," " 3 or 4 maybe 5 new faces, and I believe they're capable of massive things,"

Tom's former club list just goes bigger and bigger, Anderlecht, West Ham, Middlesbrough, River Plate and now its Newcastle, but tom as promised he'll pledge his future with Toon, even though he's a smoggie. " being a smoggie cant avoid this opportunity, I'll promise this club big things, 1 is I'll pledge my future for up to at least 3 years, at least,"

Zenit St Petersburg 1 - 1 Lazio

(4 - 3) on penalties to Zenit St Petersburg

Match Events.

42: GOAL!! - Lightning quick Tomislav SOKOTA bursts into the box and lashes home from 15-yards!

78: BOOKED - A bit harsh - the ref cautions Cristian LEDESMA after a 50/50 challenge!

87: GOAL!! - The flat-footed centre-back is caught out by a piece of pure genius from Savo MILOSEVIC who shows great composure to finish!

Managers comment

"This was a great result for us and we our proving that we can compete and play very well against division 2 clubs. They are doing very well in division 2 and are currently 3 so we have even proved that we can play against teams that could well be in the top division next season. We played very well and we deserved the win in real time and i can't believe that we let a goal in, in the last 5 minutes we should have won the game and i think that we deserve to be in a much higher division this is not were we should be and i am determined to prove that we should be in a higher league. I am going to take this club up to where they should be and i will not stop until i do and the main priority is to get out of division 4 this season and we have started the champaign well."

Dan return's to Porto as Juve win

Tonight Dan Payne returned to his old employers FC Porto as his new side Juve looked to continue their recent run of form and break into the top side of the table. After 7 mins Juve went 1-0 up as Van Der Vaart placed a shot past Porto's keeper Julio Cesar. 18 minutes later Robinho made it 2-0 after returning to the squad earlier this week as he was re-called from Dortmund due to the lack of attacking force in the squad. On the 35th min Micheal Carrick one of Dan's last signing's at Porto scored to make it 2-1 where it remained for the duration of the match.

Van Der Vaart won the man of the match award while Podolski and Emana played against their owner's for Porto.

Cruzeiro 4-1 Lokomotiv Moskva

Ross Philp's managerial career at Cruzeiro got off to a fantastic start tonight. The manager started with a great win at home to Russian side Lokomotiv Moskva, winning emphatically by four goals to one.

Lokomotiv took the lead through midfielder Dmitri Khokhlov, who after only one minute fired a low shot past Cruzeiro keeper Doni. Ten minutes later Shota Arveladze volleyed past Lokomotiv stopper Fiedler.

Into the second half, and six minutes in, Piotr Trochowski gave Cruzeiro the lead. His header was the only goal, until Massimo Donati extended their lead with ten minutes left. Only one minute after Donati's clever finish, Trochowski grabbed his second of the game effectively ending the encounter.

Ross Philp heaped praise on his side for reacting well to the change at the helm. ''I didn't know how they would react after the departure of Matt, but tonight the boys really performed. They look as if they do believe they will make the promotion to the top tier, and I believe to.''

Philp admitted that the only down point of tonight's result was the injury to key player, Martins Afonso Alves. ''Afonso Alves has been influential since I joined this club. He played a really big part in the build up to this match tonight, and really had a great game. Fortunately we have Altintop Halil who will come in and fill in for Martins.'' Afonso Alves is out for nine days due to a swollen ankle, and will miss the up and coming matches against Werder Bremen and AZ Alkmaar. He would've been rested on Monday in the cup versus Schalke anyway.

The boss is surprised at the lack of transfer activity he has been involved in since he joined the club. He said ''Well it was only after tonight's revenue that we returned into the black, after being in debt for much part of the season. I am happy with the squad at the moment, but would like to place emphasis on the fact that many players are for sale. Nobody from the first eleven will leave the club in the near future, but - Garrido, Fathi, Kroldrup, Huiqui, Sinkiewicz, Nene, Sergio Conceicao, Hamann, Diarra, Meissner, Moreira - are all available for sale.''

Philp's side move to fourth in the league, behind Atletic Bilbao, Manchester United and Lazio who occupy the promotion places. Lokomotiv stay rooted to the bottom of the table, and the side look favourites to go down.

Next up for Cruzeiro is a tie away at Werder Bremen who languish above the relegation zone. Philp said ''We have to fancy our chances, with us being the form side and raging in confidence, but travelling to Germany is always tough, and they have a good few players. With Javi Navarro and Naldo at the back, they will surely be tough to break down. They are also strong in midfield with Micoud, Bilyaletdinov, Barone and Baraja, and so it will be tough to maintain posession in the middle of the park. Our boys at the back will also have to be alert, as they have the likes of Zidan, Lucarelli, and Sosa up front.''

Cruzeiro Update

In the last few minutes, Cruzeiro boss Ross Philp has secured loan deals for his unused players to go out and get some matches under their belt. Two players have agreed to join division four side Rapid Vienna, in order to help the side get promoted to division three.

Daniel Moreira who has lost his place in the team to Piotr Trochowski has completed a move to Vienna. As has Dietmar Hamann, who has fallen out of the manager's plans.

''We are happy that the boys will get some much needed matches, as they aren't in with first team contention here at the moment. They will get their chance to prove themselves at a lower level, and if successful will be brought back to the club with the chance of playing.''

A reminder to all clubs that the following players are for sale:

Malik Fathi 88

Per Kroldrup 88

Joel Huiqui 88

Anderson Nene 89

Paulo Sergio Conceicao 88

Lassana Diarra 87

Silvio Meissner 86

Altintop Halil 89

Cruzeiro are close to a deal with Chelsea, as they aim to bring Daniele Bonera to the club. The deal will see Lassana Diarra and out-of-favour striker Halil move to Stamford Bridge. The club have enquired about a loan deal for Emmanuel Adebayor too, and are awaiting response.

Dortmund win again in a triller.

Dortmund travelled to Monaco to take on Foud's team. Memic's men were looking strong after winning their last 6 league games, while their 2nd tier team lost in the cup. But Memic was confident of a performance tonight.

Dortmund pounced early with Kanoute nailling in a goal in the 4th minute. The stadium was in silence. But not for long after 3 minutes later Gary Speed's equaliser. Gary Speed who was under heavy critism just gave Monaco a fighting chance. Seemed like the game might turn in Monaco's favour. But that wasn't to be with The leagues top striker Luca Toni netting in 2 goals within 8 mins of one another. in the 10th and 18th minute. Dortmund 3 Monaco 1. Dortmund kept their domination until poor communication in defence where Julio Cruz found a way through and gave the home team a goal before the break. With one goal in it Monaco were still in the game.

Afer both teams missing their fair amount of chances, it was Dejan Stankovic who gave Monaco the equaliser, what a come back. Monaco's attitude towards this game is great, lets see if they can win it. 1 minute later Kanoute scores!!! What a great ball by Gerrard just a long ball where Kanoute looses his marker and curls a ripper from 25 yards out. Oh whata goal. Kanoute knows he needs to step up with Toni on fire or he may loose his place to Saha, Gomez,Rafael Sobis. Dortmund win 4-3. What a game.

Memic's men walk truimphament. Boy oh Boy. no one imagined Dortmund to go beyond division 3 before we met Memic. Memic was convinced to join World Championship 2, firstly as Hamburg SV, but quit before his first game after the Chairman insisted Agger should be sold to make financial revenue. Memic was not happy with not having full control of the team, where he joined Dortmund. Dortmund and Memic relationship bloomed. Dortmund were in trouble in relegation, but Memic's persuassion saw Lucio and Makaay join the team to see Dortmund end up 7th. The next season proved great for Memic, after signing some more players with the likes of Saha,C.Ronaldo, Snjieder, Maldini and Cafu Dortmund secured promotion to Division 2. In Division 2 Dortmund were tipped to be relgation battlers but that wasn't the case after some great performances they gained back to back promotion. Now in Division 1, Dortmund had a poor start to the season as new signings of Gerrard,Riqueleme, Toni, Gomez, Metzelder in the off season were just not gelling. But after a string of draws and losses, Memic gave the boys the old Fergie hairdryer treatment, and the lads responded well winning the last 7 league games on the trot. Atletico Mardid look out next match

Panathinaikos Stay Top

Panathinaikos beat Bayer Leverkusen 2-1 at home to stay at the top of Division 3.

With goals from news signing, Filippo Inzaghi and Basinas gave the greek side all 3 points!

Clayton Green sat down with News reporter, Jack Luvable.

Jack: Another good win for you Clayton.

Me: Yeah, I am very happy with the guys, they all played well again together. It was good to see Filippo get a goal on his debut too.

Jack: Yes, 6 million. A bargain?

Me: ha ha ha. I definately think so. I couldn't believe it when it was accepted. Although age is not on his side. He brings so much to the team here.

Jack: There is movement in transfers lately. But mostly movement with managers. What is your feeling on the matter?

Me: Well, I think a lot of managers like to better themselves and go up the leagues. I myself am staying at Panathinaikos. In fact I can speak qite good greek now. But, I did have an opportunity to go to a highly respected club. But, this is my home. And now they have found their new manager. Its worked out well.

Jack: Can you tell us who it was?

Me: Nope. Sorry.

Jack: Fair enough then. So, what is the aim this season?

Me: For the boys to play their best, thats all I ask. We take each game as it comes. Idealy I would like promotion and also a very good cup run!

Jack: Well, thank you for your time Mr.Green.

Me: No problem. Thank you.

NORTHEN ECHO

Man Utd 0-0 Newcastle

The toon secured their first point under new manager Tom Greenfield, as they held Utd to a 0-0 draw. Newcastle were possession wise the better side, but couldn't find the back of the net. Tom was upbeat by that and aid it was the best start he could of asked for. " Bryan's put together a untouchable team, but we lived up to the job on the day," " We had chances to come home with all 3 points, but i'd take a point ever away day in my breakfast,"

Next Tom expects the Toon to capture up to 2 new signings before Saturdays clash against Lazio at St James's Park, which will mark Tom's home debut in Newcastle. Newcastle chairman Freddy Sheppard has asked the Toon army to come back from their wake and support Tom on his home debut this Saturday,and said it'll do the team their own good to get them on form. " I had a lot of credit for the manager we've hired, I think he'll be the biggest success the club's ever witnessed," " i want the full Toon to turn up against Lazio on Saturday night and help welcome him into the north,"

52.gif

George finally proves why he was chosen as CSKA manager, with his side thumping Besiktas 5-0 at home.

With Ivica Olic dropped for de la fuente Sergio Garcia, it proved to be the right decision as he opened the scoring in the 22nd minute.

Giuseppe Rossi, back in the side due to lack of match fitness for some of the regulars, doubled that lead just before half time.

In the 2nd half, Dudu Cearanse and Toifilou Maoulida both scored in the space of two minutes, giving CSKA a 4-0 lead.

The thrashing was completed in the 89th minute, with Ivan Taranov's header.

This win moves CSKA up to 9th place, not bad when you consider they were bottom 4 games into the season when I took over :P

Dortmund come with three points after a comfortable away win to Atletico Mardid of 3-1.

However the win came at a cost with Metersacker being injured for 8 weeks and Cannavaro set to miss 3 matches after being suspended. While Snjieder's return from suspension gave Memic a life after he really put up a show and got MOM. While At. Madrid kept Luca Toni and Kanoute quiet, Memic needs the midfield to produce something and they did just that.

Now Dortmund are to face Kiev and looking for their 8th straight league win.

They are currently 3rd so went from Relegation battlers to a team with a chance of Winning the title.

Morning Toon

Newcastle win 4-1 at home to give Tom first taste of win on Toon.

The new Newcastle boss Tom Greenfield came away from his first ever home fixsture in the second tier of WC2 with a thumping 4-1 home win against Lazio.

Toms aid everything is fine and that Jerome Thomas can be a real hit in Toon. " Jerome needs to settle into life up north here, he's came from Division 3 football for Division 2 just like me," " Were close in relationship, so we'll help each other out along the road, he's got character so I hope it gels up at Newcastle,"

Tom also outlines another 3 new faces during the midweek, but they must keep an eye out for their next opponents aswell.

Werder Bremen 0-2 Cruzeiro

Cruzeiro win their second match in a row under manager Ross Philp. Goals from Poitr Trochowski and Ezequiel Garay, gave the Brazilians a fantastic away win. Philp was ecstatic with the three points.

After 34 minutes, winger Piotr Trochowski gave the visitors the lead, finishing easily from a yard. Cruzeiro dominated possession and the shots count, as the half-time whistle went.

On 50 minutes, loanee defender Ezequiel Garay drove forward beating the Bremen defence and then keeper Tim Wiese, with a low drive. His strike turned out to be the last goal in the match.

---

In other news, for a fee of £12.5m Altintop Halil has moved away from Brazil after a fee was agreed before Saturday's match. Out of favour at Cruzeiro, Halil agreed personal terms at River Plate.

---

In Cruzeiro's next match, they face fellow division two side FC Schalke in the World Champs Cup. Philp will change his whole eleven for the match against Mr Spence's German side.

He has agreed to give the other players in the squad, the chance to shine as he aims to concentrate on promotion from division two. Schalke yesterday, held Milan 0-0 in the San Siro so it will be a tough match.

---

Cruzeiro are currently three points from a promotion place, which is currently held by Lazio. Lazio missed an opportunity to go second as they were thumped in Newcastle 4-1, while Athletic Bilbao who sit second, lost at home to PSG. Manchester United had a comfortable 3-0 victory at Old Trafford, against Ukrainian Shakhtar Donetsk.

The Toon Army Articles

Brazilian Superstar Couped

Hornamo Nilmar is on his way out to Newcastle from Brazil today as he becomes Tom's second seasonal signing. Nilmar will join for 6m pounds after being listed by manager Raz Hooley. " He is a terrific lad, he is guaranteed goals in his locker for sure, and for years to come," " He'll link in nicely,"

News from Brazil

BrazilFlag.gif

Cruzeiro Update

Manager Ross Philp suffered his first defeat as Cruzeiro boss on Monday night, as he lost out to Schalke in the World Champs Cup. The tie ended 0-0 after full time, and indeed extra time. FC Schalke were able to keep there nerve, as they won 4-1 in the shootout. Ross Philp said ''I played my reserve side so the first team boys could get a rest for league duty. I was pleased we took the tie to penalties, and it was understandable that we lost as I didn't have a named striker on the pitch!''

---

The big boys will return for the visit of AZ Alkmaar on Wednesday night. AZ are currently 13th in division two, and with home advantage, Cruzeiro should take the three points. Cruzeiro have no fresh injury worries, but Afonso Alves is still missing. Jose Bosingwa won't travel with AZ, the defender is crocked and will be out of action for a further three days.

---

103807_806_1174164869230-alves_juicht1.jpg

Afonso Alves

---

Cruzeiro with a win, will keep the pressure on the top three of Manchester United, Athletic Bilbao and Lazio. And with a bit of luck, Cruzeiro could move into the promotion places as Lazio indeed, host Manchester United. Bilbao also face a tough task, away to Stuttgart. In other ties, top eight sides Milan and Shakhtar face each other in Ukraine. While PSG and Espanyol go head to head in France.

---

Manager Ross Philp midweek stressed the sudden need to strengthen the squad in the forward area. With the manager not being able to field a forward in his team in the cup on Monday, he has wasted no time, already having a bid accepted. Jon Dahl Tommason will move to Brazil tomorrow morning, subject to a medical, after a fee of £5,000,000 was agreed.

---

tomasson%20no%20estugarda.jpg

Jon Dahl Tomasson

---

Philp has also secured a deal for Bosko Balaban which will be completed the morning after the match with AZ. Balaban, like Tomasson will move from VfB Stuttgart, and he will join Cruzeiro for £6,000,000. Both players haven't featured for the Germans this season, but Tomasson will start on Wednesday night in a must win match for the Brazilians.

---

0135007.19.jpg

Bosko Balaban

Cruzeiro 3-1 AZ Alkmaar

---

Brazilian side Cruzeiro make it three out of three under new manager Ross Philp. Goals from Montella, Elmander and Raul Meireles sealed the win, with a goal from Pantelic for the visitors.

---

Cruzeiro went ahead through Vincenzo Montella after only one minute. His header into the corner of the net, was cancelled out with a 19th minute goal from Marko Pantelic. His poke on the line gave the visitors a lifeline. However, five minutes before the break, on-loan striker Johan Elmander put Cruzeiro back ahead with an easy tap in.

The second half saw Cruzeiro seal the three points, with a goal from Jose Raul Meireles. Winger Trochowski cut the ball back from the by line, and Raul Meireles tapped in for a goal to finish off a fine win for the Brazilian side, two minutes from time.

---

Ross Philp again, couldn't praise his side enough. ''Im very delighted with this win, and the goals are coming from everywhere. The strikers have shown that they are indeed prolific, and the midfield have also shown they can chip in.''

''I am pleased again that we are able to cope without Afonso Alves. Elmander who came in from Chelsea got a goal tonight, and played very well. I was tempted to play new signing Montella, but thought, why change a winning team?''

---

1, Manchester United 33(+22)

2, Athletic Bilbao 29(+11)

3, Cruzeiro 26(+15)

---------------------

4, Lazio 26(+10)

5, Espanyol 23(+8)

Cruzeiro move into the promotion spots, as Lazio lose 3-2 to Manchester United in Italy. This result means that United take a two point lead over Athletic Bilbao who drew 0-0, away at Stuttgart.

Lazio - Shakhtar Donetsk

Espanyol - VfB Stuttgart

Newcastle United - Cruzeiro

Manchester United - Everton

Athletic Bilbao - Feyenoord

So next up for Cruzeiro, is an away tie in England at Newcastle who tonight lost 2-1 away at Everton. Newcastle are currently lingering above the relegation zone and will find it tough, albeit with home advantage, against Brazilian side Cruzeiro. Afonso Alves may return for Cruzeiro, but manager Ross Philp will wait to see the result of a late fitness test.

Pan Sizzle Seven Past Sevilla

Panathinaikos 7 Sevilla 1

(and Sevilla played full strength!!)

Panathinaikos showed Sevilla the way to play football tonight! Sevilla with a full strength team were looking to move to 3rd in this match. But were hugely disappointed!!

21 minutes had gone with most football in the midfield. But an inspired run from GIMENEZ who cut inside and blasted from 25yards. 1-0.

From the kick off, Sevilla lost the ball, and GINENEZ scored his second, 2 in 2 minutes!! 2-0.

On 33 minutes, team captain, MOUTINHO. He finished a slick team move. 3-0. All nearly over!!

2 minutes later. PERNIA for the spanish side used good footwork and hit the ball home. 3-1.

But the goal was all in jest. When INZAGHI scored a magnificent goal. "A man on fire". 4-1

Half Time - Panathinaikos 4 Sevilla 1

7 minutes in the 2nd half, GIMENEZ scored his hattrick with a well placed header. 5-1

FRANCO in the Sevilla made two great saves. But could not deny GIMENEZ. Yet again, scores his 4th with an early shot! 6-1.

And then on 78 minutes. MOUTINHO used his pace to get past the defender and chip the keeper with aplomb! 7-1

There could of been more goals in this match. But FRANCO saved a shot and its rebound with his feet.

Full Time - Panathinaikos 7 Sevilla 1