World Championship 2 MKII

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: World Championship 2 MKII Chelsea World Champ 2 Major 3 Season Update 3 more seasons have gone by since my last report on life in WC2 and I think its an appropriate time to advertise the

wc2 summary of the cup Arsenal 1(p) - 1 Besiktas We start the night of with Arsenal against Besiktas a game which had to be decided in Penalties Fredrik LJUNGBERG (43) gave the home team the adva

Re: World Championship 2 MKII Pan Sizzle Seven Past Sevilla Panathinaikos 7 Sevilla 1 (and Sevilla played full strength!!) Panathinaikos showed Sevilla the way to play football tonight! Se

Re: World Championship 2 MKII

31.gif4-049.gif

Everton Manager Sam Wainwright re-lit his flame at Goodison with an emphatic win over Bryan's Manchester United tonight.

Everton struck in the 3rd minute when Dmitri Loskov floated in a wonderful cross and Pedro Munitis pulled off a fantastic overhead kick to give the Toffee's the lead.

Everton kept heaping on the pressure in the first half having a total of 13 shots in the first half.

In the second half Everton were even better than the first half, with Roque Santa Cruz volleying the ball into the back of the net on his long awaited debut.

almost 10 minutes later, Santa Cruz pulled off a wonder strike and struck the bar as Dmitri Loskov followed up with the easiest of tap in's.

3-0 to Everton and they were cruising, by the 80th minute, Everton had a total of 28 shots, 2 minutes later Loskov followed up another as he half volley's the ball from about 25 yards across the post and into the net. Man United reduced to School boy's today.

lgRoque%20Santa%20Cruz(3).jpg

...Happy Cruzing

Dinamo Moskva vs Panathiakos

255.gifvs374.gif

Match Report:

On the 6th minute Marco Ruben volleys the ball in to the back of the net. Which puts Moskva ahead. Moments later Juan Caffa recieves a yellow card for diving. On the 52nd minute Moskva get their second goal through Danny Miguel who chipped the goalie. 25 mins later Panathiakos get their first goal through Christian Giminez. One minute before stopage time Ivaca Dragutinovic get a red card for a 2 footed tackle.

This moves Moskva up to 7th and only 9 poitns behind leaders Panathiakos.

TOM HINTS NEWCASTLE DAYS ARE LIMITED

Breaking story coming after Newcastle's narrow 4-3 defeat to Real Madrid tells us Tom Greenfield, the manager of Newcastle is considering a move out from Newcastle at the end of the season. " I will meet with the board in a week or so, but yes i am considering resigning,"

Breaking story coming after Newcastle's narrow 4-3 defeat to Real Madrid tells us Tom Greenfield' date=' the manager of Newcastle is considering a move out from Newcastle at the end of the season. " I will meet with the board in a week or so, but yes i am considering resigning,"[/quote']

¨Auxerre Manager James Galler has been informed of this news and is conidering a move to St. James´s Park, he joined Auxerre 2 Days ago with a mission on his hands to keep Auxerre up in the Division but with 3 games left 7 points from 17th he´s likely to give up.¨

The Sun.

Breaking story coming after Newcastle's narrow 4-3 defeat to Real Madrid tells us Tom Greenfield' date=' the manager of Newcastle is considering a move out from Newcastle at the end of the season. " I will meet with the board in a week or so, but yes i am considering resigning,"[/quote']

Newcastle Board Make Phone Call To Gazza Thomas!!

Gazza Has revield he would love to join newcastle and the sampdoria board have announced they will let him move to newcastle if Sir tom leaves ;)

Meanwhile...

Drew 1-1 to sevilla

2 men sent off:mad:

same in GC8..2 men sent of for the same reasons :mad:

Payne gets on over on old rival

Ex Division 2 winning boss Dan Payne got one over on his old rival tonight as his new club this season, Juventus won 4-2 after being 4-0 up after 70 minutes.

The previous season Payne had led Porto to Division 2 success while beating Dortmund twice in their run to the title which saw Dortmund finish runners up. This season Dan took up the Juventus job as close friend Navdeep Sandhu left his post at the Del Alpi.

He set a goal to finish in the top 5 this season with his new club and is on course to do so right now, as Juve sit in 5th place 4 points behind Chelsea in 2nd. On the other hand Juve are only 2 points clear of 6th so there is everything to play for in the remaining 3 games.

Borussia boss 'David Vill' otherwise known as Harry Memic has led his team in to a very respectable 4th position this season after their promotion previously and the fans will not be dis-pleased with the result or the clubs position this season.

FC Porto now managed by 'Berbatov' or Matt Phillips has led Porto into 7th position after Payne's 6 game unbeaten run before leaving to Juve and fans will not have minded that Payne had moved on after his great work as they have a great succsessor in Phillips.

Barcelona retained they're title a few weeks back and now sit comfortably on top of the table by 18 points. Boss Paco Gonzalez has been boss at Barca since the leagues started and has built a great team aswel as team spirit having now won the title in consecutive seasons.

David Moura the Internazionale boss who succeded forumer Craig Smith a few seasons ago has done nothing wrong since taking over the club and is now on course to be runner up yet again. Although David has not made any friends in the setup and transfer market and is labeled as 'Tight', he has more then won over the Inter fans although they will have wanted championship glory this year.

Payne gets on over on old rival

Ex Division 2 winning boss Dan Payne got one over on his old rival tonight as his new club this season' date=' Juventus won 4-2 after being 4-0 up after 70 minutes.

The previous season Payne had led Porto to Division 2 success while beating Dortmund twice in their run to the title which saw Dortmund finish runners up. This season Dan took up the Juventus job as close friend Navdeep Sandhu left his post at the Del Alpi.

He set a goal to finish in the top 5 this season with his new club and is on course to do so right now, as Juve sit in 5th place 4 points behind Chelsea in 2nd. On the other hand Juve are only 2 points clear of 6th so there is everything to play for in the remaining 3 games.

Borussia boss 'David Vill' otherwise known as Harry Memic has led his team in to a very respectable 4th position this season after their promotion previously and the fans will not be dis-pleased with the result or the clubs position this season.

FC Porto now managed by 'Berbatov' or Matt Phillips has led Porto into 7th position after Payne's 6 game unbeaten run before leaving to Juve and fans will not have minded that Payne had moved on after his great work as they have a great succsessor in Phillips.

Barcelona retained they're title a few weeks back and now sit comfortably on top of the table by 18 points. Boss Paco Gonzalez has been boss at Barca since the leagues started and has built a great team aswel as team spirit having now won the title in consecutive seasons.

David Moura the Internazionale boss who succeded forumer Craig Smith a few seasons ago has done nothing wrong since taking over the club and is now on course to be runner up yet again. Although David has not made any friends in the setup and transfer market and is labeled as 'Tight', he has more then won over the Inter fans although they will have wanted championship glory this year.

[/size']

Following on from the managerial stories, since Matt left Cruzeiro to go to Porto, Philp took up the reigns in Brazil and has done excellently, building on the foundations left by Phillips.

And tonight they drew 2-2 at Old Trafford with leaders Manchester United, and with three games left, have a five point lead ove Lazio, who they face next week.

everton_badge

TOFFEE'S TWO ON THE BOUNCE

Everton made it two wins in two for returned manager Sam Wainwright away at Lazio tonight.

After their trouncing of Manchester United in mid week, Everton were looking to add to that recent performance and did so tonight.

After 7 weeks out, Roque Santa Cruz made his long awaited return this week scoring against Manchester United and starts tonights game in a confident mood.

First Half:

Lazio started the game well when an ambitious drive from Fabio Liverani.

Everton's first attack was a brilliant piece of link up play between Christian Wilhelmsson and Dmitri Loskov, who through balled it to Roque Santa Cruz who surely was offside but the flag stays down and the Paraguayan makes it two in two for him and Everton have an early lead.

trmvd369097_12933_sq_medium.jpg

Santa's Present...

Lazio almost get back into the game when Edison Mendez hits a straight volley towards goal but it crashes off the near post. Everton had the chance to take a 2-0 lead when a free header by Roque Santa Cruz grazed the top of the bar. Not long after Christian Wilhelmsson finds himself in space but blasts wide. Lazio looked dangerous agan when Lee Bowyer loses his marker and his snapshot from the edge of the box which results in a wonderful reflex save from the keeper. Everton could've gone 2-0 up again whenThomas Hitzlsperger gets the blind side of the defender but is forced to hurry his shot

Everton then attack yet again and an excellent tackle by Alessio Stamilla brakes down the attack. Everton then pile on the pressure and Pedro Munitis dives in at the near post only to be denied by the woodwork.

Half way through the first half, An opportunist effort is cracked from distance by Roque Santa Cruz just wide. Lazio then find space for an attack and Roberto Abbondanzieri tumbles brilliantly to his left to turn aside a misplaced header. The ref brandishes a yellow card to Thomas Hitzlesperger after kicking the ball away. Roque Santa Cruz try from 15 yards is a false dawn, as it slipps past the keepers near post! Again a curling corner from Araujo Ilan just goes too far over the players around the goal. Lazio attack again and Edison Mendez has a free header which goes wide of the post. Fabio Liverani pleads loudly with his team mates not to become to complacent.

Half Time:

Everton could've scored half a dosen and it doesn't look like the scorings over.

Second Half:

Lazio start bright again when a 25 yard shot by Nicolas Anelka smashes against the crossbar and Fabio Liverani will be kicking himself for failing to capitalise on the rebound. A vicious strike from 25 yards has Manuel Neuer scrambling across his net to the ball.

A few minutes later a wonderful strike from Dmitri Loskov is pushed away by the keeper. Seconds Later the imposing Mladen Petric heads inches over. A corner for Everton but a free header by Lilian THURAM hardly troubles the keeper. Everton attack almost straight after the corner and Back-peddling clumsily the keeper can only watch as Roque Santa Cruz's lob goes over the bar. Santa Cruz then blasts the ball towards the goal, but somehow it just goes wide.

10 minutes later Lee Bowyer races towards the goal, but shoots over.

From a corner the keeper comes roaring off his line and clatters with Fabio Liverani sending the ball wide.

Everton finally make the second breakthrough 4 minutes from time when a poor clearance falls to Roque Santa Cruz who smacks the ball past the despairing keeper!

Lazio were trying everything but Roberto Abbondanzieri dives to his left and palms away a powerful effort.

Final attack of the game and low cross is lashed into the box but Araujo ILAN fails to control it but Loskov follows up and smacks the ball across the bar! and there is the final whistle!!

Final Verdict:

Everton were brilliant again for the second game running under the revolutionised Sam Wainwright, Santa Cruz played awesome tonight with a great game and two good goals under his belt for the next game. The game could've ended with loads more goals but for me Everton were the deserved winners.

Next Up:

Lazio travel to 3rd place Cruizero on wednesday and will be hoping for a point at least, but with Hernan Crespo out injured and Nicolas Anelka in bad form, Lazio will struggle in this 4th and 3rd place battle.

My Prediction : Cruizeiro 3-0 Lazio

Everton who have beaten top of the league and 4th position this week, travel to 5th position Shakhtar Donetsk. Donetsk only have one fatigued player in Tymoschuck, Everton have Wilhelmsson, Pizarro and De Jong all out injured but still look a strong team.

My Prediction: Shakhtar 1-2 Everton

River Plate clinch promotion to division 2!

A 3-0 home win against Sao Paolo was enough to seal promotion for River Plate. Manager Logan is delighted with his team's brilliant run that has seen them climb from mid-table to 2nd place.

The 3-0 victory was the latest in a great run which saw River undefeated in 7, with 5 wins. Bring on division 2!

Panathanaikos will finish as Divison 3 champions as their goal difference is too much for River to overhaul, but the final third promotion spot is still hotly contested. Liverpool, Villareal, and Dinamo Moskva all sit on 63 points, only seperated by goal difference.

River Plate clinch promotion to division 2!

A 3-0 home win against Sao Paolo was enough to seal promotion for River Plate. Manager Logan is delighted with his team's brilliant run that has seen them climb from mid-table to 2nd place.

The 3-0 victory was the latest in a great run which saw River undefeated in 7' date=' with 5 wins. Bring on division 2!

Panathanaikos will finish as Divison 3 champions as their goal difference is too much for River to overhaul, but the final third promotion spot is still hotly contested. Liverpool, Villareal, and Dinamo Moskva all sit on 63 points, only seperated by goal difference.[/quote']

Think my CSKA Moscow have a very slim chance still :D On 60 points, higher goal difference than all the rest that could still get it, need a lot of results to go my way though :o

If only I'd beaten Auxerre last night :rolleyes:

Think my CSKA Moscow have a very slim chance still :D On 60 points' date=' higher goal difference than all the rest that could still get it, need a lot of results to go my way though :o[/quote']

Yeah I noticed your goal difference, but didn't mention you cause I figured that all 3 of them won't get beat. Just had a look now and noticed the other 3 are all away from home, so that might help you. Then again they're all playing teams near the bottom so you'll have to be extremely lucky for all 3 to lose, and you'll need me to make sure Hamburger don't win. Good luck though. I'll try and do my bit for you. ;)

If only I'd beaten Auxerre last night :rolleyes:

Ouch! They're bottom of the table as well.

Zenit St Petersburg Earn Promotion.

Zenit St Petersburg clinch promotion into division 3 with a good 1-0 win last night. Zenit St Petersburg are now in second place 8 points ahead of 4th meaning that promotion is certain. Top of the table are Olympiacos who are 3 points ahead of Zenit St Petersburg and also have a +3 goal difference over Zenit St Petersburg. Although Zenit St Petersburg's final game is against Olympiacos meaning that Zenit St Petersburg need to win by 4 or more goals. This is what manager Arsenal 123 had to say on the subject "I am very pleased that i have managed to get this club into division 3 as i believe they deserve at least that. There is still a small chance that we can win the tittle but i am not thinking about that. I am just happy with the promotion spot.

5.gif0-1 265.gif

Match Highlights

17: Peter ENCKELMAN saves tremendously to deny the opposition a goal!

28: Somehow an easy tap-in from Aleksandr PAVLENKO goes wide.

46: A snapshot by Omar BRAVO on the edge of the D flies just over.

48: The imposing Shefki KUQI heads inches over.

62: GOAL!! - Omar BRAVO rounds the keeper and finishes from an acute angle!

67: David THOMPSON is tripped in the box but the ref waves play on.

88: Peter ENCKELMAN didn't see the shot but some how manages to save it!

Gazza Takes Over Razz's Corinthians

320.gif

Today Gazza was named Corithians manager as Raz has left to join Udinese

Next Season

Gazzas Main Aim is improving the squad for next season

"We have a good squad allready but just take one look at the league table, we only just survived religation, so i want to build a mid-table squad for next season

Key Players

Gazza Has Stated The Following Players Will Be Staying At Corithians

Albiol

416699_mediumsquare.jpg

Promesing Defender, Never Leaving

Gilberto

joueur.jpg

Key Man In Midfield

Rocchi

rocchi.jpg

This Man Will Bring Goals To Corithians

club_everton.gif

DISSAPOINTMENT ALL ROUND..

Everton will be bitterly dissapointed at not gaining promotion this season. Everton who got Sam Wainwright back in the seat for the last 5 games, won all of the last 5, and moved from 17th position to 10th.

Roque Santa Cruz, Evertons inform striker claimed: "If Sam had been here at the start of the season, we would be celebrating now, hopefully, we can win promotion back to where this team and their fans belong, the top."

Everton impressivly go into next season off the back of a 5 game unbeaten run and bagged a fantastic 18 goals in 5 games, beating Champions Manchester United 4-0, brushing aside fellow promoted Lazio 2-0, then beating an inform Shaktar Donetsk 4-0, wiped out 4th position Cruzeiro 5-2 and beating a strong Real Madrid side 3-1.

Sam said: "All in all, I am extremely happy with the lads this season, their contribution has been phenominal, and we will go up next season."

Zenit St Petersburg News

Zenit St Petersburg get there second loan signing of the season. The player is a 22 year old right back. His permanent club is Juventus and manager Arsenal 123 had this to say on the subject "I am very pleased to sign such a great player. We needed a right back, as we haven't got any on a permanent basis so we had to bring one in and a loan was our best option. He will have his first training session tomorrow morning and i have guaranteed to him that he will play on a regular basis. I want to personally thank the Juventus manager Dan Payne for letting me have this player."

69153.jpg

(Valon Behrami will be the first choice right back)

Zenit St Petersburg News

Zenit St Petersburg play there first game in division 3 against Sampdoria and will be looking to get off to get a good start. Manager Arsenal 123 is stuck between 2 formations in tomorrows match, one is the standard 4-4-2 and the other is a strong midfield presence in 4-5-1. There has not been one signing in as of yet and only one out and that was Beckford for a fee of 1.5 million. The current balance of the club is up to 8.3 million but the club say they want there finances to remain high as they were in debt all last season. Manager Arsenal 123 has this to say about the seasons first game "It will be tough game especially as we are away we are expecting to come away with a point and possibly more, but me and the club are not getting carried away and are season objective is to get over 10 million in the bank and avoid relegation."

Zenit St Petersburg News

Match Report

Zenit st Petersburg kicked on there season in division 3 with a goal frenzied draw away to Sampdoria. Arsenal 123 knew it was going to be tough but it couldn't have got off to a better possible start with midfielder Oleksandr Spivak scoring in the opening minute of the game, straight from the penalty spot. Zenit also scored the second goal of the game with star man Omar Bravo scoring with a fantastic volley. The two teams went into the break at 2-0 to Zenit. Sampdoria came out from the second half much improved from the first and they scored with in 8 minutes of the restart through left winger Cristiano Doni. Then a further 10 minutes later Unal Gokhan scored again for Sampdoria making the game level again at 2-2. But Zenit took the lead again through Igor Denisov only 4 minutes later on 69 minutes which made the scoreline 3-2 Zenit. But the drama wasn't over as the home side scored again with less than 5 minutes remaining through Angelo Palombo with a stunning diving header. The game ended at 3-3.

Stats

Possession

Zenit - 62%

Sampdoria - 38%

Shots on goal

Zenit - 10

Sampdoria - 19

Shots on target

Zenit - 8

Sampdoria - 7

Corners

Zenit - 9

Sampdoria - 3

Yellow cards

Zenit - 2

Sampdoria - 1

Red Cards

Zenit - 0

Sampdoria - 0

OmarBravo370x270.jpg

(Zenit St Petersburg's star player Bravo gets injured for 2 weeks.)

Good start to the season for CSKA Moscow as they go top with a comfortable victory over Dinamo Moscow.

Jeremy Menez gave Dinamo the lead in the 50th minute, but after that it was all CSKA as an Ivica Olic double and Evgeni Aldonin's deflected shot were enough for the 3 points.

1 CSKA MOSKVA 1 1 0 0 3 1 2 3

2 Deportivo La Coruña 1 1 0 0 2 0 2 3

3 Fiorentina 1 1 0 0 3 2 1 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Hibernian 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3

5 Lokomotiv Moskva 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3

6 Manchester City 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3

7 PSV 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3

8 Sevilla 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3

9 Werder Bremen 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3

10 Sampdoria 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1

11 Zenit St Petersburg 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1

12 Boca Juniors 1 0 0 1 2 3 -1 0

13 Bayer Leverkusen 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0

14 Besiktas 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0

15 Hamburger SV 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0

16 Liverpool 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0

17 Middlesbrough 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 Olympiacos 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0

19 Dinamo Moskva 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2 0

20 Charlton Athletic 1 0 0 1 0 2 -2 0

Zenit St Petersburg

Zenit lose there first game of the season to Olympiacos, it was a game that points were possible from but a brace from Barros Schelotto sealed the game for Olympiacos. Zenit are still without a win from there first 3 games and that will have to change if they are to achieve anything better than relegation. The next game is a tough away fixture to Sevilla but manager Arsenal 123 is confident points can be taken from Spain.

• 2 weeks later...

Zenit St Petersburg News

zsp51hm5.png

In a great win for Zenit sees them move up into 10th in the table. Zenit goals came from Vladislav Radimov (2), Pavel Mares, Callum Davenport and Jason Culina. While the solitary Charlton goal came from Ivan Riki. Pavel Mares earned the man of the match award for his outstanding performance.

The Return of the Prodigal Son!!!

Darn tootin' folks, Bradbury's back at the helm of CSKA!!!

From Pie Sports News:

Lee Bradbury has today been confirmed as manger of CSKA Moskva for a second time, replacing GeorgeECFC, who was in charge between Bradbury's tenures.

In his first time in charge, Bradbury often threatened promotion, but his CSKA team dipped in form towards the end of the seasons, and while promotion was gone, he never finished outside of the top half of the table. Bradbury told us he is looking for more consistency this time around.

He said "It's great to be back at the club. Many thanks to George, who has done well in keeping the club virtually intact. I hope I can build the team some more, and get some more consistency out of the team. I did bring the longest unbeaten run the club has had last time I was here, maybe I can improve on that this time around."

Bradbury has already started building the squad, making undisclosed bids for Spurs' Fernando Arce and Roma's Sylvain Wiltord, and injecting his trademark short, fast, attacking approach to the team.

"It's like I've never been away", he added.