World Championship 2 MKII

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: World Championship 2 MKII Chelsea World Champ 2 Major 3 Season Update 3 more seasons have gone by since my last report on life in WC2 and I think its an appropriate time to advertise the

wc2 summary of the cup Arsenal 1(p) - 1 Besiktas We start the night of with Arsenal against Besiktas a game which had to be decided in Penalties Fredrik LJUNGBERG (43) gave the home team the adva

Re: World Championship 2 MKII Pan Sizzle Seven Past Sevilla Panathinaikos 7 Sevilla 1 (and Sevilla played full strength!!) Panathinaikos showed Sevilla the way to play football tonight! Se

• 2 weeks later...

Re: World Championship 2 MKII

Just taken over PSV in division 2 of this setup. It's my first ever team in one of these old very competitive setups. So I'm going to be very cautious before doing any transfers. I've got some good players like Zapata and Affelay but I will look to bring in some more over time. Anyways, my aim this season is tto reach the playoffs.

Just taken over PSV in division 2 of this setup. It's my first ever team in one of these old very competitive setups. So I'm going to be very cautious before doing any transfers. I've got some good players like Zapata and Affelay but I will look to bring in some more over time. Anyways' date=' my aim this season is tto reach the playoffs.[/quote']

Picked up a good side there. Won Division 3 last season. I believe I've got you for 3 games in a row, but that might have passed now, can't remember. :rolleyes:

Picked up a good side there. Won Division 3 last season. I believe I've got you for 3 games in a row' date=' but that might have passed now, can't remember. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Looking at my Schedule you played me twice in a row earlier this season. You beat me then we drew. Hoping to turn things around now at PSV. Although, I'm out of the Cup and Shield and tonight I'm going to have to field my B team against that amazing Bayern :o

River Plate have made a very good start in their first season in Division 1. 11 games in and I'm sitting in 4th place. There's a long way to go, but I fully expected to be nearer to the drop zone than to the top of the table. 11 goals from the league's top scorer, Marco Borriello, have definitely helped.

Just managed to sign Barbosa Richarlyson and Perreira Ilsinho from unmanaged clubs, so they will boost the squad, and both started in the last game.

Got you in the cup' date=' Logan. I shaln't pull any punches, and I hope you will. :D[/quote']

Well, it's not gonna be my best 11, as some players need a rest, but I'm putting out a decent side, it'd be nice to actually get somewhere in the cup this season.

George highlighted his commitment to the Marseille job this afternoon when he rejected an offer to manage Milan. With Marseille currently in 3rd place in division 4 and having had 3 or 4 previous clubs in the setup it seemed like a good time to stay loyal to the French side.

With Sam Warren being told of the vacant job at Milan he took over shortly after the rejected job offer, and Marseille were quick to secure a £7.5 million deal for 3rd choice Left Back Tim De Cler.

• 1 month later...

Anyone wanting Zenit in the setup, PM me as I've got a job offer from them

Squad;

- MALAFEEV, Viacheslav GG 29 90 Excellent £5.6M £7.3M - 7.09 22(0) 0 2 yrs £21,500 0 1 0 0 R 100

- MARES, Pavel LBLB 32 84 Good £2.1M £2.6M - 6.89 9(0) 0 3 yrs £21,250 0 0 2 0 L 100

- FLACHBART, Jan LB-RBLB/RB 30 80 Poor £1.3M £980k - 0.00 0(0) 0 2 yrs £16,000 0 0 0 0 L 100

- VILLAFANE, Santiago RBRB 20 74 V.Poor £351k £260k - 0.00 0(0) 0 2 yrs £3,700 0 0 0 0 R 100

- SENDEN, Ger CB-RBCB/RB 37 83 Okay £405k £360k - 6.50 4(0) 0 1 yrs £12,450 0 0 0 0 R 100

- CHOI, Jin-chul CBCB 37 84 V.Good £469k £580k - 6.75 4(0) 0 4 yrs £20,500 0 0 0 0 R 100

- KRIZANAC, Ivica CBCB 29 89 V.Good £5.0M £8.5M - 6.86 7(0) 0 3 yrs £21,500 0 0 1 1 R 88

- DAVENPORT, Callum CBCB 25 84 V.Good £3.6M £4.4M - 7.13 8(0) 1 1 yrs £12,450 0 0 0 0 R 100

Ln

SAMBA, Christopher CB-DMCB/DM 24 88 Terrible £6.1M £5.2M - 6.93 15(0) 1 4 yrs £21,000 0 0 0 0 R 88

- HYUN , Young-min LM-CMLM/CM 28 83 Terrible £2.6M £1.9M - 7.25 4(3) 1 4 yrs £16,200 1 0 0 0 L 100

Ln

EBOUE, Emmanuel RM-RBRM/RB 25 89 Okay £6.5M £8.3M - 5.62 21(0) 0 2 yrs £21,500 1 0 2 0 R 87

- CULINA, Jason MM 28 88 Superb £4.9M £6.3M - 7.32 22(0) 4 2 yrs £21,250 4 0 0 0 B 93

- BAZALAR, Juan CM-DMCM/DM 39 85 Average £134k £110k - 6.38 8(0) 1 4 yrs £21,500 0 0 1 0 R 100

- RADIMOV, Vladislav CMCM 32 87 Excellent £3.0M £2.8M - 7.14 21(0) 6 4 yrs £21,250 5 0 4 0 R 92

Inj

DENISOV, Igor CM-AMCM/AM 24 89 V.Good £6.7M £11.3M - 7.10 10(0) 1 1 yrs £16,600 2 0 3 0 R 5

- TRIFONOV, Oleg CM-LMCM/LM 27 83 V.Poor £2.8M £2.0M - 0.00 0(0) 0 3 yrs £11,850 0 0 0 0 L 100

- KRUSKA, Marc-Andre CM-DMCM/DM 21 87 Adequate £5.9M £7.4M 17 Sep 6.86 14(3) 1 2 yrs £21,750 2 0 2 1 R 92

Int

SIDWELL, Steve CMCM 25 87 Superb £5.3M £4.9M - 7.04 21(1) 1 4 yrs £21,500 5 1 2 0 R 93

- YAKIN, Hakan AMAM 31 89 Superb £4.2M £5.8M - 6.53 15(0) 8 2 yrs £21,250 4 1 1 0 B 92

Int

BRAVO, Omar FF 28 90 Superb £6.0M £9.4M - 7.65 17(0) 5 3 yrs £44,500 6 2 3 0 R 93

Ln

GIMENEZ, Christian FF 33 88 Excellent £2.6M £2.6M - 7.44 18(0) 4 1 yrs £21,500 6 1 1 1 B 100

- SOKOTA, Tomislav CFCF 31 85 Excellent £2.6M £3.1M

As far as I'm concerned there should be more managers joining this setup. Right now there are 8 unmanaged clubs, which is far too many.

If you have been wanting to join WC2 for a while now, or are a dedicated manager who reckons they can cut it with the likes of me ( :P ), then apply for one of the following clubs after today:

• Auxerre
  • Birmingham
  • Fiorentina (Good team, I recommend them)
  • Lokomotiv Moskva
  • Panathinaikos
  • Sao Paulo
  • Sevilla
  • Zenit St. Petersburg

So come and snap them up as soon as the offers to manage them have been rejected! :D

Hi' date=' I am the new manager of Deportivo La Coruña. Looking forward to the challenge of getting into division one. cheers

p/s: Anyone know how to put pic up in the forum please reply to me. I have tried several time but not working. Maybe I am too noob to be here :P[/quote']

Good to see someone take an interest in the setup. Hope you stick to it.

Lee's handy step-by-step, uncessecarily long-titled yet somewhat amusing guide to posting pictures on the SoccerManager Forum. :D

1: Get a picture (obviously), and save it to your My Pictures folder.

2: Go onto Imageshack (add it to your bookmarks to make it easier)

3: Click 'browse' and select the picture you want to upload. You may want to tick the box below the upload box and select a size to resize the picture. I recommend doing this only for large pictures. 17-inch monitor fits well on the forum layout.

4: Click 'Host it!'. It can take some time for the page to process, especially if you're resizing the picture. Don't worry, let it do its thing.

5: When it's done, you will see a bunch of links. Scroll to the bottom. Click 'Show Advanced Linking'. It will say not to use the link that appears for forums, which is lies. Copy the link.

6: In your forum post, add image tags [/img] and put the link in between them.

7: Ét Vóilá! :)

• 1 month later...

CSKA.jpg

CSKA Moskva - Season Review

Pre-Season

Spirits were high after Lee Bradbury finally pulled his team into the second division after finishing as runners up in Division Three the previous season. Bradbury didn't hide the fact that he wasn't getting carried away, and wasn't expecting a good finish in the new league for the season. He rang a few changes in the squad; waving goodbye to Pedro Mendes, and bringing in players such as Sergio Amaury Ponce (albeit only for the amusing surname), Jaroslav Plasil (of whom Bradbury is a fan), and Gregory Pujol (as backup for Ivica Olic), amongst other so called 'squad boosters'. The manager then went on to lay down his intentions for the season; to finish seventeenth would be seen as a success in Bradbury's eyes.

The Season Itself

The season saw the team start slowly, with a few draws and defeats mixing in with the occasional win. Soon enough, though, CSKA really started to get going, and rack up the points (and goals) to see them comfortably in mid-table. Disappotment as far as cup progress was concerned didn't faze the manager, who was clearly more intent on league survival. As the eighth season neared its close, Bradbury's mentality shifted to something more ambitious - the play-offs. With one game left, and Bradbury out of the country for quote 'daft reasons', CSKA were sitting in ninth, between Corinthians, Milan, and Stuttgart, the latter of whom held the final playoff spot. The Russians miraculousy managed to secure the final spot with a win on the last day of the season with other results going their way, and were drew against Ryan Hooley's Udinese in the play-off semi-finals; a team which CSKA had beaten in the league only a few weeks beforehand. Bradbury's men went on to win 3-0, but unfortunately lost to Arsenal in the final by a single goal to nil.

Bradbury gave a very simple overview of his season, saying it was 'fantastically bonkers'.

The Players

While the three biggest signings of the pre-season were effectively solid, the only one to make any real impression on the fans and manager was surprisingly Gregory Pujol, who was signed for what now seems a bargain £4.5million. Out of fourteen starts and seven substitue appearances, Pujol went on to score seven goals, grab three assists and two man of the match awards, not bad for a player who was seen to be a cheap and easy backup for Ivica Olic.

Bradbury now seems to have his perfect back four, with Cetin Servet and Sergei Ignashevic in the centre, and Eduardo Bruno Alves and Vasili Berezutsky at full-back. Not one of these four players had a bad season, nor did they have an average season; every player had a great season, and not only were they solid at the back, but they were also very handy when going forward, with Servet and Ignashevic scoring two goals each, and getting twelve assists between them.

The midfield are the same five familiar faces; Krasic, Dudu Cearense, Aldonin, Zhirkov and Daniel Carvalho. Cearense was as solid and composed as ever, Aldonin retained his tag as the maestro, Carvalho was a major attacking threat playing just off of Olic, and Krasic showed signs of maturity at the young age of 23. However, the star man in midfield was easily Yuri Zhirkov, who was able to score thirteen times from the left of midfield. He played a vital part in many of the team's victories, yet at the same time was never too much in the spotlight, as he helped his team out with some good passing and crucial assists.

Ivica Olic had a comparitively quiet season compared to some of his previous ones, but was still able to score eleven goals. Whilst his goalscoring was not as prolific as it has been in the past, his teamwork was terrific, and he ended the season with fourteen assists.

The Season Ahead

Bradbury issued this statement earlier to Pie Sports News.

"It would be lovely to reach the top six again, and hopefully this time go further. I have a fantastic squad here now, and there will be very little in the form of new players coming into the club during the close season. Some may moan, but if you think about it, it's difficult for me to improve on the players we already have. These lads work hard for their club, and I don't want any superstar players coming in like they're the Queen of Sheba and hogging all the glory. After all, no-one likes a glory hog, not even Chelsea fans."

Player Awards

Top Scorer: Yuri Zhirkov (13)

Runner up: Ivica Olic (11)

Most Assists: Ivica Olic (14)

Runner up: Daniel Carvalho (8)

Player of the Season: Ivica Olic & Yuri Zhirkov (Joint)

Runner up: Daniel Carvalho

Player's Player of the Season: Gregory Pujol

Runner up: Yuri Zhirkov

Young Player of the Season: Dusan Tadic

Runner up: Josip Tadic

Here's to Season 9 of World Championship 2!

• 2 months later...

This threads gone a bit dead :rolleyes::confused:

Don't know why TBH because this is a great setup. :confused:

I managed Zenit for a season, getting them promoted, and it was the best setup i have ever been a part of, although i lost them when i went on holiday due to my inactivity. If i ever see a team available again i will snap them up in a shot and would definitely recommend it to anyone. ;)

Benfica have offered me the manager's job' date=' with £180.7m to spend. Naturally, I'm going to reject it, but it's not a bad squad at all; mostly 88-91 plus Ronaldinho.

Snap 'em up. :)[/quote']

Thanks for the heads up Lee, i have just taken them. :)

Some work needs to be done though as they are currently in last place, 7 points off 17th. Although with 18 games still to go i am confident i can get them out of the relegation zone.

Thanks for the heads up Lee' date=' i have just taken them. :)

Some work needs to be done though as they are currently in last place, 7 points off 17th. Although with 18 games still to go i am confident i can get them out of the relegation zone.[/quote']

As I say to everyone just joining the setup, feel free to loan anyone from the youth squad apart from Tadic and Tadic. :)

I am however, also open to sales from my senior squad should the deal be good enough. Make a bid and you'll soon know what I think of it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Benfica News

218_1195475278.gif

Benfica's form improves immediately

Prior to Sam Pooley taking over as Benfica manager, the club had only managed two points in there previous nine league games, an awful string of results which left them at the bottom of division one. But since taking over Sam has managed to get the player going again and pick up four points from his opening three games, a short run of form which gets them three points closer to escaping relegation. Although despite that they are still eight points behind 17th place. The list of results under Sam Pooley is below.

Benfica 0-2 Olympiacos

Benfica 0-0 Feyenoord

Corinthians 2-3 Benfica

Sam Pooley had this to say after the most recent game against Corinthians - "I am very pleased with the way the team has started, and i have definitely seen things to show that we can progress. As well as the obvious talent in the team i loved the courage my side showed to fight back from 2-0 down tonight and take all the points. I just hope we can continue this sort of form and crawl our way out of the relegation zone".

Sam Pooley gets active in the transfer market

Nine days after taking over at the club, Sam Pooley can boast of bringing in some new faces, as well as improving the clubs results. In total he has brought in six news players, all of which are rating 88. He has brought in two LM's, one RM, two CM's and a LB, to improve the depth of the squad, because upon taking over the club had only the minimum 18 players. In addition to these signings he has also brought in three players on loan deals. The players are Nikos Spiropoulos (LB-87) Vladimir Granat (LB-86) and Luca Cigarini (CM-88). Sam Pooley believes that squad depth will be crucial in succeeding in the relegation dog fight they are involved in.

blogimg_269_1355_20070622083326.jpg

(Sergio Almiron is one of six players new manager Sam Pooley has signed.)

Welcome to WC2 Sam. I have to say despite some of the comments above WC2 is a great setup/gameworld (can't say I'm ever gonna get used to that change of phrase).

However this thread has been a little neglected as Tom_MFC noted. The past season I was posting match updates and the like fairly regularly, as were others, but I reckon we need to make a concerted effort to keep this thread alive and kicking.

Having said that I feel I have to bring you news of my biggest ever win in WC2 at the unfortunate expense of Ruud_17's Ajax.

Ajax

180_1223654130.jpg 1 - 9 282_1196049577.gif River Plate

A second successive win for River Plate saw them thrash a dire Ajax 9-1 at the Amsterdam Arena. The win was River's second in a row following a previous 8 game run without a win. Ajax also went into the game with a poor record, having only won 1 of their last 19 games!

River Plate's Marco Boriello managed to bag a hat-trick within the first 10 minutes, in a game that would see him score a total of 6 goals to bring him joint top of the goalscorers table with Fernando Torres of Juventus.

River's new signing Stefan Defour (signed from Rangers for £20M & Eidur Gudjohnsen) also managed to get in the goals, along with Pereira Ilsinho and Marcus Berg. David Trezegeut gave Ajax their only goal, but by then they were well and truly beaten.

River Plate, who managed an amazing 2nd place finish last season are currently 12th in the league and finding life tougher in their 2nd season in division 1.

2r23h2r.jpgdvhkb5.jpg3539nhw.jpg

Bolton Wanderers Update!

dvhkb5.jpgBolton Wanderers 1-2 Rennes2ekm3w6.jpg

João Kleber Pereira(9)

Issam Jemaa(37)

Yuki Abe(86)

dvhkb5.jpgBolton Wanderers 2-0 SK Rapid Wien2i7oqw.jpg

Jermaine pennant(44)

Waldo Ponce(72)

11uykxv.jpgParma 1-2 Bolton Wanderersdvhkb5.jpg

Leandro Romagnoli(22)

João Kleber Pereira(28)

Cristián Martinez(53)

Transfer News

Owing to the current recession Bolton Wanderers like many other clubs don't have much cash to spare to strenghten the squad as the manager would like. Clubs like Bolton have to depend on their scouting system and loans from stronger clubs in the top divisions. And that's exactly what Bolton are trying to do. And since the new manager took over they have signed 5 up and coming players mainly from South America:-

Carlos Fondacaro

Cardoso Heverton

Sebastián Sciorilli

Néstor Bareiro(who almost immediately rose by 6 points):)

Jeikson Reyes

League Table

2ds398y.jpg

Bolton find themselves in 6th and last play off spot and the club would be quite happy to say there all the way. But the league is very close and the race for the playoffs is very crowded with 6th placed Bolton and 16th placed Rangers are separated only by 4 points. So a couple of bad results might send Bolton down quite a bit.