World Championship 2 MKII

Re: World Championship 2 MKII

Well, ive been in charge of 4 clubs in this setup (dont blast me for quitting 3), namely Panathinaikos for 1 game, Hamburg for 8 games (which i won all), Spartak for 1 game, and now Real Betis for 20 games(as of now). Havent done well with Betis at all, given the squad (not v good, but not bad either). My first 10 plus matches ended in defeats for most, before switching tactics to achieve more favourable results. Finally out of the relegation zone.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: World Championship 2 MKII Chelsea World Champ 2 Major 3 Season Update 3 more seasons have gone by since my last report on life in WC2 and I think its an appropriate time to advertise the

wc2 summary of the cup Arsenal 1(p) - 1 Besiktas We start the night of with Arsenal against Besiktas a game which had to be decided in Penalties Fredrik LJUNGBERG (43) gave the home team the adva

Re: World Championship 2 MKII Pan Sizzle Seven Past Sevilla Panathinaikos 7 Sevilla 1 (and Sevilla played full strength!!) Panathinaikos showed Sevilla the way to play football tonight! Se

Benfica News

218_1195475278.gif

Benfica Announce Friendly

Earlier today Benfica manager Sam Pooley sent Sampdoria manager Mitu Ahmed a friendly request, and just recently it was accepted. The game will be played on the 25th of January and will be played at Estadio da Luz, Benfica's home ground. The club have announced that ticket prices for the game will be reduced, under 16's will be able to get in free of charge while it will only cost £5 for anyone above the age of 16, in a hope to get lots of youngsters in and create a good atmosphere for the game. This game will be used by Sam to test out a new formation and use players in different positions, in a bid to find the right tactics to get Benfica out of the crisis they are currently in.

218_1195475278.gifBenfica .vs. Sampdoria 125_1189947521.gif

2ikyvb.jpgSevilla 5-3 Bolton Wanderers dvhkb5.jpg

Victor Zapata(4)

João Kleber pereira(5,18)

Enzo Maresca(27)

Damián Alejandro Dominguez(39)

Souylemane Diawara(48)

Daniel Cousin(54)

González Sisi(79)

Bolton and sevilla played out a 8 goal thriller at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán with home side coming out on top. The Bolton manager was left wondering how his side let slip away a 3-0 lead to lose in such a manner. But in truth Bolton should have put the game to bed in the first half where they had chance after. Poor finishing and and some bad luck was the culprit. Mutzel the new loan signing from Athletic Bilbao was the main culprit missing several chances. Pereira should have had a hattrick in the first half itself. And as it always nearly happens football makes you pay for your missed chances. Before Bolton knew what had hit them Sevilla had scored 2 and were back in the match which meant Sevilla went into the break a bit more confident even though they were trailing by a goal. In the second half it was all Sevilla and unlike Bolton in the first half they took their chances. Bolton had the worst possible start to the second half as Diawara put the home side level and 6 minutes later Sevilla were ahead with cousin scoring after he dummied the goalkeeper. The goal sank all the spirit in the Bolton players and they never looked like coming back into the game and Sisi made the game safe with 10 minutes ago. An easy miss by Zapata just summed up the night perfectly for Bolton.

sisi.jpg

González Sisi was named Man of the Match

cska.gif

CSKA Moskva - Big Match Report

Spartak Moskva 0-3 CSKA

A top-of the table derby clash in Moscow saw new Spartak manager James Tildesley lose his first game in charge of the club at the hand of Lee Bradbury's CSKA.

It took three minutes for Milos Krasic, today starting his first match on the left wing, as opposed to the right, to waltz around Spartak's shoddy back four and slot home past Robert Green.

The visitors kept the early pressure mounted firmly on the shoulders of Spartak, who eventually gave way again after 25 minutes, when Krasic got his second following a goalmouth scramble to end all goalmouth scrambles.

Surprisingly, this seemed to open the game up, as CSKA looked for the killer blow, and Spartak searched for a route back into the game. It was true derby material.

Coming out for the second half, Spartak seemed more motivated and determined to dig something out of CSKA stubborn's defence, who currently hold the best defensive record not only in the division, but in the league. However, this allowed CSKA to further exploit the gaps in Spartak's already cracked back four, as Daniel Carvalho found it a little too easy to head home a terrific cross from Ponce.

The match was then played from one end to another, with Krasic spurning three good chances for a hat-trick. Spartak were unable to get any sort of consolation from the match.

Match Stats

41% Possession 59%

14 Shots on Goal 5

10 Shots on Target 5

7 Corners 10

0 Yellow Cards 1

0 Red Cards 0

Division 2 As It Stands

asitstandscm7.png

Transfer News

• Mariano Barbosa has now parted ways with the club. The 24 year-old Argentine keeper has been sold to SV Wehen Wiesbaden for a sum of £3 million.
  • To compensate, Bradbury has brought in Irish international goalkeeper Kieren Westwood from Ulsan Horang-i for £2.3 million.
  • Bradbury has also made a somewhat tongue-in-cheek bid for Atletico Madrid's Javier Mascherano.

dvhkb5.jpgBolton Wanderers 2-2 Blackburn Rovers f9mpmf.jpg

Leandro Lazzaro(1)

Steven Reid(32)

Aimo Diana(54)

Artem Milevskiy(83)

Blackburn secured a point at the Reebok after twice coming back from a goal down in a result that should frustrate manager Akash even more after seeing his side collapse after taking a 3-0 lead against Sevilla last week. And like last week Bolton were guilty of missing simple chances.

Bolton got of to a perfect start after Leandro Lazzaro scored inside the first minute with a spectacular long range strike which flew into the top corner.

leandro-lazzaro-370x270.jpg

Lazzaro celebrating his wonder strike

The early goal seemed to have inspired Bolton as they began to push forward and 2 minutes later Mutzel was guilty of a glaring miss. Kleber Perreira then had a golden chance to put bolton 2-0 up but he shot over the bar leaving him visibly frustrated.

207695_887856_1_sid_Pxgen_r_220xA.jpg

Mutzel getting a bit frustrated

And then against the run of play Blackburn equalised after a poor clearance by Rami fell straight to him and he could not miss.

_41257520_cup2.jpg

A very delighted Steven Reid

The second half saw a shift in mometum as Blackburn looked the team more likely to score but it was Bolton who went in front Aimo Diana's speculative chip is fumbled by Fontana and the ball rolled over. After this it was all Blackburn and they were duly rewarded with 7 minutes to go when Milevskiy took advantage of some shoddy defending by Bolton to seal a point for the visitors.

433025_mediumsquare.jpg

Milevskiy silenced the crowd

253_front_small.gif224_1228667538.jpg11_front_small.gif

FC Porto Appoint Vlad!!

Last night FC Porto signed Vlad as there new manager.He was at a conference yesterday and this is what he said, ''Im am extremely happy to be at such a great club,there are alot of very special players like Veteran Paul Scholes,The club are currently 5th which is a good position and have £56.3M to spend.

Vlad also said that he will be signing Serbian Play Maker Mateja Kezman on a fee to be around 13m, The deal is yet not to be accepted but is the most likely deal to get accepted.He would like to sign more in the upcoming days.

• 4 weeks later...

Werder Bremen currently sit top of Division 4, after the new Manager Tom Goodson picked them up 20 games ago. From all of this, he has made two singings, in the shape of Steed Malbranque and Marci Biagianti. Currently 5 points ahead of GeorgeECFC's Marseille, The manager is pleased with his teams efforts, however, another loan signing is needed for the team, as star striker Zidan is out injured with a Thigh Strain and will not be back for another three weeks. Pretty much any rating will be nice, as we seriously need the depth and cover for VoH who is our only out and out CF. But with three games to go, this may not become an issure until next season.

Cod Out.

Probably because the WC2 old timers have left George mate..

Wouldn't mind joining my old stomping ground again :rolleyes: Let me know if any decent teams become available ;)

Udinese are offering jobs out, so keep an eye peeled on them, they're chasing for promotion to Division 1. :)

In other news, CSKA have signed Adem Ljajic from PSV for £8m. Why so much? Because I feel I can get that money back in minutes. :)

Daniel Whitlock's first game in charge of Sporting took place tonight against Ross Phillip's Villarreal' date=' it was crucial that Whitlock's team picked up all 3 points in tonight's game away at the El Madrigal.

[/quote']

Maybe if it doesn't say that as my account name then fair enough, but my name is Ross Philp (and that is the account name too :confused:).

Glad to be back in WC2 though, next season :D!

NEW MAN AT THE HELM OF BRUGGE

I would first like to say thanks to the managers of Athletic Bilbao, Juventus and Internazionale for the loans they have provided me with. I'm just glad to be part of this setup. Just trying to bolster my squad with the resources i possess!!

I'll try to get maximum points possible for the few games remainin.

I took over Sporting with 3 games left of the season' date=' i managed to win all three of those games and i just clinched 6th place in Division 3.

I've got Liverpool tonight in the playoffs.[/quote']

Good luck mate, I've been Everton for 7 seasons but left for a month and the manager that took over lost all his games which put me in the relegation area, So i returned with 3 games to go, lost the first one due to tips from Teb and SoP's shocking tactics :D won the next 3-1, but lost the last game, 3 points from safety :( still we'll bounce back up we're known as the yo-yo's :D 3 relegations 3 promotions :D

Can't be bothered to do a full-blown article today, so I'll keep it short.

CSKA finished 2nd in the league to finally get promoted to Division 1! The Russian outfit, possibly one of the more promising and exciting teams of recent times, know they have their work cut out next season if they want to survive, but manager Lee Bradbury has said he is 'quietly confident' the team can get enough points to survive for at least one season.

Player Awards

Top Scorer - Ivica Olic (15)

Runner-up - Daniel Carvalho (9)

Most Assists - Milos Krasic (15)

Runner-up - Ivica Olic (12)

Player of the Season - Ivica Olic

Runner-up - Milos Krasic

Player's Player of the Season - Dudu Cearense

Runners-up - Servet Cetin, Milos Krasic, Ivica Olic

Young Player of the Season - Pavel Mamaev

Runner-up - Dusan Tadic

Here's to Season 10!