O.XABI ALONSO

C.FABREGAS

F.RIBERY

J.DAVID SILVA

L.MESSI

A.INIESTA

S.DAVID VILLA

AV RATING - 95

GOAL!! A corner is headed clear only as far as Marco BORRIELLO who hits it on the half-volley into the roof of the net!

GOAL!! Danijel PRANJIC smashes it with venom into the roof of the net!

GOAL!! Franck RIBERY dummies the keeper and slides the ball into the empty net!

FULL TIME!

River Plate 2-1 Barcalona

Next Up - [A] Vs Juventus

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: World Championship 2 MKII Chelsea World Champ 2 Major 3 Season Update 3 more seasons have gone by since my last report on life in WC2 and I think its an appropriate time to advertise the

wc2 summary of the cup Arsenal 1(p) - 1 Besiktas We start the night of with Arsenal against Besiktas a game which had to be decided in Penalties Fredrik LJUNGBERG (43) gave the home team the adva

Re: World Championship 2 MKII Pan Sizzle Seven Past Sevilla Panathinaikos 7 Sevilla 1 (and Sevilla played full strength!!) Panathinaikos showed Sevilla the way to play football tonight! Se

Guest Toggs

Re: World Championship 2 MKII

Juan Manuel Mata will leave River Plate too join Division 2 side Arsenal. The deal see's both Otman Bakkal & Joris Mathijsen.

Toggs admitted he was sad too see such a promising Winger go, but uderstanmds Bakkal will fill in and he already has quality wide Midfielders in Ilsinho, Maxi Perriera, Pranjic, Richarlydson & new arrivee, Bakkal.

Mathijsen moves into the three man defense, and could line up along-side Heitinga & Simunic, as Toggs looks too sell Gabriel Milito. He can leave for a Centre Back & Centre Midfielder both rated 89+.

Joint league leaders River Plate take on Juve in what is expected to be a tight match, with both clubs looking too maintain their 100% starts too the season. Mathijsen & Bakkal could both debut in the match, providing that they arrive in time.

• 4 weeks later...

Ronaldo becomes Manchester City's new Goal Scorer!

Ronaldo8001_851700.jpg

It's been a few days since Joe Leopard (Eza Dogan) joined World Champ 2. Eza was looking out for good talents and who would of guessed Luiz Ronaldo will be playing for Manchester City in 2009? Well it all became true when Eza loaned him in. Ronaldo scored the opening goal in the 3-0 victory over Boca Juniors with an awesome header. After the match, Eza Dogan was very pleased with hes teams performance and happy to win hes first game for Manchester City.

An end came to the dream of Eza by losing 3-2 in an important Cup Round 2 against Celtic. But Eza still had a smile in hes face when he saw who scored the 2 goals.. RONALDO :D

The goals details were:

6: [Goal] GOAL!! - A speculative chip by Luiz RONALDO is fumbled by the hapless keeper and rolls agonisingly over the line!

23: [Goal] GOAL!! - The short corner is picked up by Luiz RONALDO who curls it round the unsighted keeper!

Eza Dogan is thinking to make Luiz Ronaldo captain after what he had done in the 53. minute of the game:

53: Luiz RONALDO pleads loudly with his team mates not to become too complacent

So the new era has come to the World Champ 2 and the determined manager Joe leopard might just save Manchester City from falling to division 3 or might even make it to division 1. Ronaldo scored 28 goals, 19 assists, 7 Man of the match and AvP of 8.27 for season 6! In season 10, hes future in Manchester City looks very bright. WELCOME YOUR NEW CITY: JOE LEOPARD!!!!!

*Eza has high expectations in hes next match against Liverpool. Even though Ronaldo's condition is 86%, Eza will be making him play then subtituting him with wright phillips rated 80. "After this game there are going to be major transfers," said Eza Dogan.*

*Also Mesut Ozil scored a goal in hes first game for Man City (another loaned in player).*

Guest Toggs

Sit in a 'respectable' 9th place after 9 games, only 3 points from 2nd placed Shaktar. Enjoying life with River and im confortable with my team & budget, so no more transfer activities in River Plate for a little while. :)

Hope everyone's enjoying the setup so much they cant be bothered too write :D

• 3 weeks later...

everton.jpg

EVERTON NEWS

Everton manager Sam Wainwright is said to be infuriated at the lack of "Intelligence" of CSKA Moscow manager Lee Bradbury. It imerged this morning that Everton had made a bid for Moscows Deividas Semberas only for it to be countered with a ridiculous offer of Gabriel Heinze in a trade. Wainwright commented: "Is he slow? What kind of offer is that? I wouldn't expect a small child to counter an offer like that let alone a manager of high quality."

1217917592semberasvaldaskopustasscanpix.jpg

Semberas has since spoke out about this and claimed: "What can I zay, zey are both eediots."

it is expected that both clubs will talk down a serious offer later this evening but Wainwright said: "I do get on well with Mr. Bradbury but this latest deal is astonishing, I would like to see what goes on in his mind, but all I can picture is a monkey playing a drum kit whilst in a tutu."

11829.jpg

uh oh

OTHER NEWS

Everton Flop Dennis Rommedahl is finally being shipped off to another unfortunate club tomorrow night. Rommedahl, Nicknamed Dennis couldn'trunnamile was signed by flop coach Sean Donohoe in his short stint as Everton manager for £6,000,000. When Wainwright returned to the squad his first words at seeing Rommedahl were: "They let you out?" to which he continued: "Well you can go back." it is said that Rommedahl is leaving for around £4,000,000, a loss of £2,000,000 but Wainwright said: "I'm quite shocked that we got more than an apple for him really."

Rommedahl will join FC Groningen tomorrow.

250px-Dennis-Rommedahl-2.jpg

Rommedahl meets Groningen boss Peter Phile.

New addition Alberto Gilardino is expected to make his debut on saturday against promotion rivals Panathanaikos. Gilardino, who joined from Real Madrid with Ruud Van Nistlerooy going the other way, has yet to make his debut as he picked up an injury in training, but Assistant coach Frank Rijkaard has told us: "He should be on the bench for saturdays game, and hopefully he'll get a little run out too."

Meanwhile, Everton have been chasing defenders down quicker than lightspeed recently. It has come to SM Sports knowledge that Glen Johnson of Bayer Leverkusen, Bruno Alves of CSKA and Dario Dainelli of Fiorentina have all been approached by Everton recently. With only Alves turning them down as of yet. Meanwhile Derteano Ander Iturraspe has joined Everton on a 3 year deal worth £600,000.

everton.jpg

Gazette

374_1206223947.gif...................36261_Everton_1_.png

Everton travel to Panathanaikos tonight in what has to be their first big game of the season. Everton who are just out side the play off positions in 7th, go face to face with the team 1 place behind them, Panathanaikos. Whereas Everton have not won in 3 games, Panathanaikos have won the last three. Everton will have to be on their game tonight and it is said that new striker Alberto Gilardino is expected to make his debut for the club. Gilardino who is returning to match fitness has been highly praised by manager Sam Wainwright where Wainwright said: "He joined us and pulled up in training, but his recovery has been fantastic, I hope to get him in the squad for saturday, whether it be on the bench or in the first 11, but as for now we just have to watch his progress." Most tabloids are expecting the Italian to start on the bench tonight and feature in the second half but as of yet no club news has been declared.

ayala_1_13272_sq_medium.jpg

It is said that Defender Roberto Ayala will play his last game today for Everton. Ayala who has played 141 games for Everton told us: "It's heartbreaking that I'm leaving, but I wanted to play in France before I retire, I won't forget the team, the manager and the fans because this is the team I played for most of my career and I'll never forget the faith in me."

Team News

Roberto Abbondanzieri is expected in goal again tonight for his 232nd game in between the sticks for Everton. It is also expected that Center Back Tomas Ujfalusi will be rested for tonights game and Ayala will play his last game in place of him. Vargas and Bilyaletdinov who are the teams highest appearing outfield players for the season, will start as will Strike sensation Diego Milito who has scored 7 goals in 10 games this season. Greig Spence is dropped to the bench after playing 4 consecutive games and scoring in every one. Kevin Monnet-Paquet is expected to come in for the Scottish teen and play his 4th game of the season.

EXPECTED TEAMS:

Panathanaikos: Kameni; Cannavaro, Andre Luiz, Thiago Silva, Dommizi; Jorge Lopez: Hernanes M'Bami; Jiminez, Postiga, Vonlanthen;

Everton: Abbondanzieri; Ayala, Heinze, Meira; Pardo, Clerc, Bilyaletdinov, Eguren, Kazim; Monnet-Paquet, Milito;

Goalardino

Alberto Gilardino has promised goals upon his arrival at Goodison Park, Gilardino has told SM Sport: "I know that Strikers before me like Liedson, Luis Fabiano, Milito and Van Nistelrooy have been goalscoring machines, and I hope to better them all and become Everton's all time top goal scorer."

17_alberto_gilardino.jpg

Stats:

Name: Diego Milito

With club for: 2 and a half seasons

Played: 63

Goals: 37

Name: Ruud Van Nistelrooy

With club for: 2 seasons

Played: 63

Goals: 25

Name: Clemente Luis Fabiano

With Club for: 2 seasons

Played: 68

Goals: 39

Name: da Silva Muniz Liedson

With Club for: 3 seasons

Games: 84

Goals: 44

Militov Cocktail

diego_milito_491d7d70549d6.jpg

Diego Milito has told SM Sport that he is aiming for the big 30 goals this season, the only player ever to do that for Everton was Luis Fabiano with 31 goals. Milito has told us: "I feel in the form of my life at the moment, and all I want to do it bang goals into the net, I cannot wait to get onto the pitch at the moment."

Wainwright also commented on saying: "He is full of confidence at the moment and it's really upping everyones morale that we're scoring goals. He is in great form."

I just spurned an offer from Arsenal, nice squad, doing well in the league and a big transfer kitty. Hopefully a forumer can pick them up, but I fear they will change hands a few dozen times first.

I am not leaving Bilbao again though, even if they should be fourth from bottom rather than fourth place. :)

• 2 months later...

For the 2nd season in a row, Marseille make the play-offs. Looking to make it 2 promotions in a row. A little disappointed to of missed out on automatic promotion by 4 goals though. End of June/beginning of July proved costly as 9 goals were conceded in 2 games.

Play Aston Villa tomorrow in the Semi. If anyone has 2 defenders I could loan, that would be a great help. Any position except LB will do. 88+. Thanks :) Hmm, now I look, a striker 88+ would also be good, the goal machine Nonda got sent off last night and Fernandez has struggled this year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aha, welcome to the cycle of Hell that is Division 4! You have no money to buy players, and your squad's so small that you can't sell players to make money or swap out. You need good loanees and great tactics to do well.

If you need players, I have a good few players loan listed, and the odd one or two transfer listed. I'm managing CSKA Moskva, so come and have a browse. :)

Aha' date=' welcome to the cycle of Hell that is Division 4! You have no money to buy players, and your squad's so small that you can't sell players to make money or swap out. You need good loanees and great tactics to do well.

If you need players, I have a good few players loan listed, and the odd one or two transfer listed. I'm managing CSKA Moskva, so come and have a browse. :)[/quote']

cheers for the advice:)

In other news Mallorca's new manager has been quick to put his mark on the team by signing italian starlet santon on loan aswell as the young Brazilian forward diogo.

• 2 weeks later...