Sign in to follow this  
Chewett

Tranmere Rovers EC106 Blog

Tranmere Rover EC106 Blog - Callum Hewett.

My manager history:

Tranmere rovers ec106:

played - 96

Points - 203

Average points - 2.11

I've enjoyed reading Dermo's Huddersfield Town blog for a while now, thought about doing my own but time restraints meant a no go. After a few others in the setup have joined in, I've decided to join the band-wagon.

Some may not enjoy reading this, but if one person likes it, it'll be worth it.

After going onto the forum, it quickly became apparent that ec106 was a great setup to be in. I took over about half a season before the setup exploded onto the scene, and its popularity rocketed since.

Glad I joined when I did, as I had a choice of clubs. I have no real-life connection with Tranmere, as Torquay united wern't in the setup, I went for division 4 Tranmere. I had a budget of £21m to play with, and a woeful squad. None of that crop survied, all are now at external clubs, rotting away. Notable signings were: Gomis, Frei, Wiese and a few other oldies. I had around 15 games left and was not to far off the play-offs. Doing what I thought was best at the time, I signed high rated oldies. It was a gamble, but one worth taking. Reached the play-offs (at the expense of my brother, who was Chesterfield, as a result he is now long gone from SM :D) I won both games and was very happy.

With a similar squad I entered division three with the ambition of getting promoted. My ambition nearly turned into reality. After a good season, I got into the play-offs. I won the first game, so prepeard for the final. I asked around and got some 90+ rated players in, didn't work. I lost on penalties to Carlisle. (who are now relagated to div 3)

Then, in my 3rd season in charge, I'm really starting to get into the setup. I found myself logging in daily :eek: and using the forum for the sole purpose of using the 106 thread. By now I have got rid of all my oldies and replaced them with younger players with better prospects. Notable new signings are De Silvestri, Bassong, Almunia, Datolo, Muamba, Bolatti, andre santos, bent Kroos and a few more. I was suffering from second season syndrome, I was in the relagation zone for a while! :eek: But i can put this down to BT! the swines! deciding to switch to Sky, BT were spiteful and I had no internet until midway through the season. After this episode was over, my form picked up. I found my team being the inform team in the league, and winning with ease game after game. I clawed myself up the table and clambered into the play-offs. After reaching the play-offs, I lost in the semi-final. :(

Now, as season 10 begins tommorow, I find myself fixated by the lure of 106, with great lads (and one lady!) in the setup. Making it a plesurable experiance for me. This season I'm very confident. IF I can replicate my form of the latter parts of last season, I reckon i can get automatic promotion. But there will be several clubs out to stop me, and clubs who are in better posistions to get it. Not alot happening transfer wise, as most are on TB's. Have a few targets now, am hopeful of aquiring at least one. No doubt clubs will swoop in and take them from my grasp (CREWE!)

For the few that have endured the torture of reading thus far, thank you. As the history is now filled in, I shall post as much as I can. It will involve transfer news, results and such.

Please do not post on here, PM me or leave me a visoter message if you want to ask anything. Thanks again. :)

Re: Tranmere Rovers EC106 Blog

First game of the season tonight, bit of a mixed bag. On the good side, I prevailed as 2-0 winners against newly promoted Rochdale. On the bad side, Bassong is injured for 12 games. Also, Kroos, who scored, in suspended. Really gutted about bassong, my joint 1st highest rated defender.

Due to bassongs bad luck, I have to dip into the transfer market. I was thinking about doing it before, but this is a kick up the backside. I have in mind a very good defender, who will do the job nicely. After his TB's up, and Bassongs back, this new player (if i get him) will be sold. This also seriously dents my hopes of signing a great player, i mean a quality player who any team would have in their squad. I've had positive feedback from the players current employers, my hopes are fairly high.

All in all a good result, got the three points in the bag, all that matters. And the fact that Crewe drew only sweetens things. Up next is the other promoted team Colchester. Fairly good squad but I will again be expecting 3 points. I have a real feeling that this is my season, I really hope to finish top. Any injuries to bent, matri or barreto and I am screwed. In saying that I have my eyes on two or three strikers. Raul is off TB soon at external real madrid, will have loads of competition so chances are i wont get him. Other is Rudd, linked to liverpool in real life and is also at madrid, tb is up in feb so gives me a chance to raise some funds.

Cheers, Callum.

Everything's going swimmingly at the moment. 6 points out of a possible 6. Some BIG transfer news occuring today. My little German Gem is off to bolton, the gem being a cetain Toni Kroos. Coming my way is £5m and Jack Wilshere. I was always swading towards acceping, as i like to have english players, especialy the ones I can actually watch play. The search is/was on for his replacment. I say was as I may have found it, Niko Kranjkar. My old buddy at crewe wants rid of him and he is basically a like for like replacment for kroos. I've offered a good deal, which he is currently mulling over. I should know tomorrow, so fingers crossed. This means i might have to buy a CB to replace the possibly outgoing taylor. Already have a player i reckon i can get for around cv, a very good cb at that. A LOT of my players are coming of tb's soon, some already have, and have been sold. Means I will be more active in the transfer market now. Theres a few players who as soon as i can I shall be bidding on, externaly. Due to the massive populatity of 106 as soon as a club is on offer,theres forumers doing ''all nighters'' to try and get in. With the ''all nighters'' sometimes ending in the club not coming free at all. I wouldn't do an ''all nighter'' just for the slim chance to get a team. Although i would wake up at 5. can't fault their commitment mind. Some great forumers trying to get in, notably Radebe. would love it if such a chap as himself to get in.

Will get round to doing an squad low-down, showing all my players bar risers.

Thanks for reading again, cheers.

Hi all. Things are still looking good at Tranmere. Wednesday's game against Sheff Wed was a good result in fairness, he's got Dzeko, Suarez, Pique and a few more 90's. Drew 3-3, Bystrov getting two and Datolo with the other. Bystrov's been brilliant for me so far, 4 goals in 4 apps, 1 assist and 1 MOM. It does worry me, though. I'm counting on Bystrov for the goals, where it should be Bent who's scoring. He's yet to get a goal, and needs to play well tonight against Scunny to be in England contention. John's got a terrific team, and has done a even better job with them. He absolutley nailed Div 4 last season, and is flying so far in Div 3. He's got a real chance of getting promoted. I'll be looking for three points, despite his average rating of 90 compared to my 88. Will settle for a draw mind. Recently Dermo and Sean have been bidding on players I'm interested, the cheeky gits! :D It's all fun. I never win though! Currently fighting with Dermo for a 91 rated striker, who I need. But, I'm already conceding defeat. If I miss out, I have another striker lined up. I also have hopes of a 89 CM to join soon, will mean Taylor going but have a very good replacement lined up so i can afford to. Had a few Portugal risers recently, some were dissapointing, some were very good. Notably Kerrouche from 75 to 82. He's off TB soon and will probably use him in P/E with external as he's worth loads to worser teams. If i have enough cash left I'll buy a free agent who will do for cup games and will sell him after his TB's up for a massive profit. Free agents are an untapped gem of money-making on SM. Have a few shortlisted. thanks to Sean for introducing me, and everyone else, to this :D The plan for promotion is going well-ish, need to win against the lesser teams with ease and also get results against the big boys, which I'm kinda doing.

Thanks for reading, Callum.

Good times. 6 games played, 14 points on the board which puts me 2nd. 1 point of top, reading are looking good this season, really good. Only me, Crewe and Shed Wed are unbeaten, very pleased with that. And I hope to continue the good run of form. Seeing as Bent wasn't doing the business I decided to sign Carew. A great player, in real life too. I'm hoping he'll get the goals. Bystrov's currently my top scorer with 5 in 6, good yes but shouldnt be the case, strikers should be getting the goals. I'm thinking of using Bent in P/E to get another 90 forward, who's under 25 and super talented (not gonna give to many clues away) What stops me is that bent will/should get a 90/91 next time round. IF he goes to SA then that can only help. With the portuguese risers I am hoping to sign a CB who's recently signed for celtic. He'll cover for Bassong and play in Cup and shield games. A certain argentine nerd seem to know my finacial situation down to a tee. I really gotta not give to much away when I talk to him in future :D Missed out on some Segunda risers to Dermo, a tad annoyed. I have a few La liga risers who should do nicely. By nicely I meen 80 rated players going to mid 80's, which means they can feature in cup and shield games. On that note, I won on penalities against Cheltenham. Sean went out so all is good. :D I face west ham next, I ALWAYS face them in the cup. Always. Hoping to win this time, will field a very strong team and hope for the best. I know its only 6 games in, but I have had a good feeling about this season from the start. My targets are: Get promotion and get to the semi-final of cup or/and Shield. Winning one would obviously be amazing but the ticket reciptes would help tremendously. That's all folks. :)

Been waiting for things to fall apart after doing so well recently, but it really hasn't. After my loss to Derby I was worried that it'd go down hill. I've won 11 out of last 12 which puts me 2nd. Bloody reading keep on winning aswell, I got a feeling our game will be a important one. Nearly as important as last nights much publicised game against Seans crewe. I prevailed 4-0 and claimed the bragging rights. Sean was visably upset, which makes things o so sweeter. He may argue that I had four shots on target and four goals, but I beat him on possession and shots! soo shh Fitzy! Sulajamani showed why I got him on loan, and carew's starting to perform. Almunia's been a star. Since I've transfer listed him he's played well, same with bent! (who might find a new home soon, fingers crossed) Still in the cup and shield, although may find myself going out in both these rounds, face WBA and Millwall. I think of my club as a bit of both buying risers, yet having some good players. I have plenty of risers, I'm looking forward to the section one changes, I have loads of them! For good players, I have Almunia, Bassong, andre santos, bolatti, bystrov, Carew, Honda and a few others. Future stars are Candreva, San jose, Danny willson and that's basically the main ones. One of the teams I admire are Huddersfield. Amazing.

Things are going smoothly, very smoothly. Keep winning, league, cup and shield. Hell, even friendlies! Just need to keep it up.

Selling Candreva. I know he's good and all but £15m was to good to refuse, plus I get zuculini for chairman value. Have got loads of risers stocked up, mainly from south america. Once they rise I can sell them straight away as i bought them ages ago, that'll give my bank balance a massive boost. Now that the ratings schedule has been revealed I can start my scouting. Done Armenia, Belarus and part of USA yesterday. At some point i'll probably scout Africa, a untouched niche in the risers market. Some great risers out there. Problem is, do I spend the £15m on risers and make me £30m+ or buy a replacement? Any advice would be appreciated on that one.

Cheers, Callum.

Should be a busy time for me the next week or so with spending the Candreva money. Put bids in for a dozen or so players, half risers and half good prospects. All the bids in for, what I hope to be, risers are players I have researched myself. So IF they do rise it will feel all the more rewarding. Still haven't finished scouting, found a great site with stats and performance analysis on all major leagues aswell as the not so well known ones such as Armenia etc. Face Gillingham tonight, who are are bottom of the league. I have a bad feeling about it. They have a good squad so shouldn't be there. The table never lies though. Remember that Fitzy. Now that Bassongs back from injury do I put him right back into the team, or leave him out as my team is on such great form? I dunno, might try him out in a friendly. Been in contact with the darlington boss and things might be happening there. I've got to work on reducing my wage bill. I lose around 400k away games and gain 100k every home game. So a loss of around 300k a week. Alex is my top earner at 50k. He'll go once his TB is up. Almunia is on a similar amount, despite him being my top performer I'm looking to get rid as I don't rate him in real life. Seeing as I'm doing so well should I keep him? I'm not happy unless I'm chopping and changing, keeping things fresh. Maybe that my problem. I love it though. This is my best season to date and I hope to keep it up.

Beat Oxford 4-1 in the cup last night, face Preston in the next round. I really want to win the cup, really do. The shield will do, mind :D Tomorrows game against Swansea will be important, along with Reading's match against in-form QPR. I'm hoping Chip can take at least a point from them, then if i win I go top. The game after that is against Reading, so the next two games will be very, very important.

In transfer news, I've signed Majewski and Bourillon. Majewski is a fantastic little player. He's currently at Nott forest but they might go up to the prem this season. If not, he'll leave in the summer, I'm certain of that. Bourillon is a top defender. Getting his chance at PSG and hopefully he'll shine, should get 88 next time and potentially a 90+ defender. I've also signed a load more south american risers. I saw Berzon (great forumer, so under rated) said that with the new ratings schedule a few players he's got his eye on are in for a rise. So, using my business brain I asked Berzon to PM me the names of these players. The legend obliged and I have myself even more money-makers. Honestly, once these south american risers come I am going to be loaded. Minted. rolling in it. I'll be able to make some new signings, whilst keeping around £20m in the bank to cover wages. I've done a few calculations, and conservative ones at that, I'll make more than enough to get some great players in.

Massive win for Tranmere tonight. Beat reading 1-0 at my place. Puts me on 44 points from 17 games. Not bad. Only lost one this season to bloody derby, they have a great team but im still ruing it. Derby play reading next so could increase lead further. Barnsley next up in the league who beat swansea 5-0 tonight. Crewe beat Shef wed and they're not far off 2nd. Would be perfect if we both went up. Theres this manager of the month award in 106, and missed out last time, to reading. Sean, the charmer, has publicly stated that people should vote for me. I'm the most in-form manager so can't say I'm not hopeful!! :) Another good thing is that I'm still in both the cup and shield. Face everton monday in the cup 4th round, gonna be tricky. Argie ratings are happening now, not so good for me. Don't know why, probably I wasn't interested in SM around the time a thread revealed most of 'em. Brazil should be good, have Gil on for 80-85 and a few others. They'll be sold. 500+ players were added thursday, was bloomin crazy. Blackburn went nuts. I got Ibrahim and Bruma. Man city and Chelsea kids, hope they come good. Still some good players out there, just gotta get the extra cash to get them. So, all in all things are still going well at Prenton Park. The challenge now is to keep up my fantastic run of form.

Quick update

Since last post I've:

Got promoted, finished second!

Signed benzema

still have neymar

sent 3 lads out on loan

drew 2 and won 1 in my first 3 games of life in the second, in the play offs, ha

scouted one country, and am looking to sell players to fund the raids

my aim, which has been knocked back by some, is to get promoted. although that has never changed

sorry for the very BRIEF update, will do a better one soon. Just, I have the urge to play football..

After neglecting this blog for an age, I think it's time for a update!

Personally, I feel my squad is the best its ever been. I've brought in some big names, let go of a few but I like where the squad is now. All it's missing is a decent CB. By decent I mean rated 89+. I've tried, and tried, and tried, and tried. Gave up. Tried, tried some more and today I see a glimer of hope. Only a glimer at present, mind. I have good reserves of CB's, I've had Ecule managa for a while now, he should hit 88. I recently resigned Ecule's partner in crime, Bourillion. I've only heard good things and he's rated 86 also, so a rise is in order. I have Benatia, who should jump two to 87 and Phil Jones who recently rose to 86. See my problem? None of them merit a place in the starting line up. At present, I have Zokora filling the void. Useful player to have is Didier (DM/DEF). Very handy indeed. But it's not pernament and I'd prefer a CB there anyway (just another one of my unusal SM preferences)

The recent rating changes have been good to me, especially England. The two standouts have to be Jack Wilshires (got paid 5m and Jack for Kroos :rolleyes:) rise to 89 from 87 and Walcott's rise to 90 from 89. The changes push Jack into the first team and Walcott just cements his place. I expect another standout to be Eden Hazard's rise to 90 from 89. He's a terrific player. I got him for Gotze and Kranjcar. Some say I overpaid (A la Kroos) but I've seen Eden play on numerous occasions. Wouldn't of did the deal otherwise. Has potential to be a world beater he does.

This season just eneded has been a mixed bag. Survived the drop by the skin of my teeth, but it shouldn't of been that way. In the early stages of the season, I'd hazard(;)) a guess at 15 games in I was storming it and was even in 2nd place for a while. Then, out of nowhere, I completely lost interest in SM. Wasn't logging in, wasn't on the forum, wasn't doing tactics/transfers and the like. No activety what so ever. Boy did I pay for it. Got the love back just in time to take them out of the drop zone and into safety. Next season I have no excuses. I have the team (sort of!), the ambition and most importantly, the ability. I know I can do it, its just a case of proving it to myself.

Anyway, here's the team:

Eduardo

Srna

Jagielka

Zokora

Baines

Walcott

Wilshire

Hazard

Gourcuff

Hazard

Neymar

Subs:

Gyan, Guatia, Chico, Ecule, Jones, Semak.

As I'm in a hurry I'll briefley explain my plans for the new season. Gourcuff is being given the responsibility to create the goals, Neymar and Llorente are being told to score the goals or be shot/sold to Crewe. Both are as bad as each other (BTW sean, took your time ;))

Must dash! Cheers.