Guide to the 2010 Brazilian season

Insider

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Guide to the 2010 Brazilian season

Insider,

I have Bruno Cesar AND Ganso on my team.

I think I remember reading somewhere that you advised to sell Ganso - Fistly, would you still advise this? and if so, do you think Bruno Cesar could reach 86/87 next ratings?

If the answer is yes then I wont bother replacing Ganso, Cesar will just advance into that role.

Thanks in advance:D

Azza.

Don't know if this is the best place to post but I had the pleasure (and I mean that sincerely) of watching Brazil beat Ukraine tonight at Pride Park (bit of a step down from the Maracana I know :P). Thought I'd post a few thoughts on the new look Seleção :)

Victor in goal didn't really get tested. When he did he looked shaky. I'd hope that Julio Cesar would be back between the sticks for competitive matches.

Dani Alves at right-back is an absolute monster. Scored a great goal (very similar to Maicon's in the WC) and was generally everywhere providing a great attacking threat. One of the best performances I've ever seen and I used to have a PL season ticket.

Thiago Silva again didn't have much to do. When he was troubled he looked very assured and composed. Phil Vickery (I know Mark's not a fan) has written a piece on the BBC on him for those interested but he definitely looks capable of stepping into Lucio's shoes.

I don't know what to make of David Luiz. Didn't hold the line as well as his partner and if Ukraine got in it was down his side (the left). Strayed forward on occasion and no-one covered which often left holes. Against stronger opposition he could be a liability.

Didn't really notice André Santos. One great piece of skill in the first half but didn't really have to defend much and was nowhere near as impressive as Alves on the other flank. I thought Adriano was better when he came on at half time.

I really liked Carlos Eduardo. Very good at keeping the ball and keeping Brazil in possession. Didn't do anything too fancy but what he did was effective. As the game settled most of Brazil's best play came down the right through him. Giuliano came on for him after Brazil scored their second and he showed a lot of promise. Always found space but maybe needs to develop more of an end product, at this level at least.

Ramires was also great. Part of a midfield trio that bossed the game really and was an excellent engine for the team. Sandro came on for him and held the fort very well. Seemed to deal better with Aliyev than Lucas had and Brazil closed the game out.

Lucas had a very impressive match. All Brazil's play went through him and he just played the simple ball. Perhaps not quite the enforcer that's sometimes needed (a la Gilberto Silva) but played his game excellently.

Elias was very effective. Played a similar style to Ramires as one of them was allowed to break forward on attacks but he was great in the middle. He'll succeed when he comes over to Europe. Wesley came on for him but didn't have time to make an impact.

Robinho was great for 20 minutes then faded epically. Great assist for Alves' strike. Played a lot deeper than I expected him to. There were occasions when he was taking the ball off Thiago Silva and David Luiz to take it forward. André came on with around 10 to go and didn't do all that much.

I was very impressed with Pato. I'd always seen him as a second striker but here he led the line excellently as a true centre forward. Tended to turn defenders a lot and relied a lot on his pace which may not work against better opponents. Took his goal well with a nice turn and slightly fortuitous shot on the 6-yard box. Nilmar came on but didn't really get a chance in front of goal.

Overall, it was a great performance; simple but very effective. Pato could do with making runs off the last man but there's not much to improve. Scary that Dani Alves doesn't usually make the cut :eek:

On the opposition, Ukraine were dominated. Aliyev looked a very good player and scored a goal disallowed for offside. All their attacks went through him though. Seleznev came on to lead the line and also did well. They came into the game a lot more in the second half but Brazil were always in control.

nntoOxe9G0U

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have Mazola in a few teams' date=' is he worth keeping and is he likely to get games @ sao Paolo?[/quote']

dont keep mazola,he is always on loan and sao paulo have good forwards, he will not have a chance there...

A good news to the brazilians team:After Atletico Mg were eliminated of the Copa do Brasil against Gremio Prudente (2 division,last in the Campeonato Paulista) they just brought Dudu Cearense, from Olympiacos.And Corinthians (Ronaldo) is talking to Seedorf, for him to come wen the Italian is over

dont keep mazola' date='he is always on loan and sao paulo have good forwards, he will not have a chance there...

A good news to the brazilians team:After Atletico Mg were eliminated of the Copa do Brasil against Gremio Prudente (2 division,last in the Campeonato Paulista) they just brought Dudu Cearense, from Olympiacos.And Corinthians (Ronaldo) is talking to Seedorf, for him to come wen the Italian is over[/quote']

Cheers for the late reply, but yeh I sold him for all my teams long ago :) <3

• 5 months later...