Forumer's World Cup, Main Event, Group 5.

Forumer's World Cup, Main Event, Group 5.  

1. 1.

Re: Forumer's World Cup, Main Event, Group 5.

I Am Torn Between Spam And andyowls.

Its To Close To Call. Spam is A Nice Friendly Lad And Helps A Lot Of People. But He Hasnt Been As Active As He Used To Be. Andyowls Has Also Helped Me. A Great Scout And Has A Nice Personality.

Flipped A Coin, And Andyowls Is Getting My Vote.

Guest 1CapWonder

Chip just nicked it for me ahead of Andy. Though I know neither THAT well I have spoken to each and they are both immense forumers who have a lot to offer, in completely different areas. Andy is knowledgeable, sensible and very helpful and complimentary. I have met him on a number of occasions, discussing Lower League football, and the way he expresses himself is tremendous. Well thought out posts, evidence, strong viewpoint. He's a great addition to this forum and everyone that has come across him will say the same,

HOWEVER

I have to go with Chip, simply because I come across him every week on K/P/M and he is part of the reason I keep that thread going. His posts are hilarious and he's never fails to make me LOL with his responses. I know he's had the same effect elsewhere and I'm glad of that, he's an absolute joker and were he a little more active, then he'd be a complete legend, not just to me but to everyone. Keep it up mate, you get my vote.

Spam and Burs, I've come across you both on occasions and you seem excellent forumers. If we had crossed paths more often, then I'm sure the decision would have been even harder :o

I haven't been voting in this but there's no way I'm letting burs lose. He is one of the forumers I respect most and always has something intelligent to say.

Andy's posts are always of the highest quality, and Chip brings something different to the table which I thoroughly enjoy, but burs is consistently class.

First off, thanks for the votes and all the kinds words. They are very much appreciated. :)

Secondly, I'm going to have to concur with Tom here in awarding my vote to burs. burs really is a great guy who posts quality stuff every single week. You know that by clicking on a thread that contains a post by burs, then you are about to get something worth-reading. That's no slouch to the other two, as Chipolopolo and Spam are both brilliant forumers (this is one hell of a group to find myself in, cheers Tom! :o:D). Chip's a great lad who always post read-worthy stuff as well, just like burs. Meanwhile, despite starting off frostily with Spam, he is someone who I have grown to like and respect, and he's one of the best out there in the help section.

I Am Torn Between Spam And andyowls.

Its To Close To Call. Spam is A Nice Friendly Lad And Helps A Lot Of People. But He Hasnt Been As Active As He Used To Be. Andyowls Has Also Helped Me. A Great Scout And Has A Nice Personality.

Flipped A Coin' date=' And Andyowls Is Getting My Vote.[/quote']

^^What he said^^

But, I got Spam when I flipped a coin.

I don't understand what the hell is going on here (out of the loop!:P) but if this is ant kind of competition between these four forumers, it is going to be hard fought! :eek:

1Cap not only has much lauded K/P/M thread, which everyone enjoys and is one of the forum's best light entertainment, non football based threads (maybe the longest running other than '...listening to'?), but he also makes (or at least made, I assume nothing has changed) the Villa official thread one of the better club threads to read.

Chip, a man with whom I have bantered many a time, is one of the forum's most valued wits and it is great to see him cast his alternative (polite way of saying perverted :D) eye over various topics. Spam again is a man who's company I have enjoyed on many a thread and he too possesses a good sense of humour and pretty nice taste in music I've noticed.

Andy is basically everywhere. He is, in that sense, God. What makes him all the better is he is real. Obvious joke out the way, he used to be omnipresent in every debate I was in, every thread I browsed. Sort of like a pleasant rash. His ubiquity would be nothing more than a pesky annoyance if he didn't have worthy opinions but luckily he is just about as knowledgeable as anyone on this forum.

But, I will vote in this poll, which I barely understand, to right a wrong. Any positive poll which finds Burs without a single vote is a sham! I must have given about 90% of my reps to this guy and the other 10% was simply to allow me to fulfill the 'you must give reputation to other users before giving it to Burs again' criterion :P

He has offered many a valid, well balanced opinion that has forced my head to begin bobbing back and forth involuntarily in agreement and is someone who is able to see through the haze that Fleet Street force over British football. He also uses valid appropriate statistical evidence, something I myself particularly enjoy.

Edit: Whilst I was writing this and doing other stuff, two people voted for Burs, making me look stupid...more stupid.

Guest Abdel Zizi

Woow, very though.

Both AndyOwls and Spam I like much, and Chipolopolo is a very nice guy too.

Don't know Burs that well, but also he is highly thought of.

Will think on that when out with the girl ;)

Guest Abdel Zizi

Voted Spam in the end, as we are on the fringe of making a superbig thread, and I need him motivated :P

Nah, was really hard as I liked Andy and Chipolopo a lot, and I think Andy will win, so Spam got my vote.

Let's begin, shall we?..

burs might not be the name that gets your fantasy going, but he certainly does his job well. Constructive feedback, deep knowledge about the matters he knows, a true love for his own club are just few off his great treats. Interesting and friendly to talk with, he can almost always give some good points to think about.

What I like most about andyowls is that he is usually able to give an insight to almost any thing discussed in this forum. He's smart, helpful and sometimes even funny! A great person to have talk with and I'm usually very interested to read almost any of his posts. Top notch forumer.

Chipolopolo is probably the most underrated forumer in SM. He might not post too much, but it's always something worth paying attention to. The sheer quality of his posts are truly amazing and he'll make your day brighter without too many problems. A++ forumer. The only negative things (as I've mentioned not too long ago) is that he doesn't post enough, but for me quality is much better than quantity.

And finally we come to Spam.... Sad, but he doesn't up to his name and potential and barely spams at all. However, even though he failed us with his name, almost all of his posts are very classy, helpful and interesting. He might not be an "oldie" or anything like that, but he definitely influenced our forumer for the better. Honestly, I just wish that there would be more forumers like him. spam, Spam, SPAM? SPAM!

It was a very tough choice, but my final vote goes to the person, who is protected by Witness Protection Programme.

Voted for Burs, has been once of the best posters on the forum for some time now and is very much under rated by most.

His posts in the LFC section are amazing and I love reading them, although thats not the only reasons as his posts across the whole of the forum (seems to post in most the sections I visit) are always first class and is obviously a very knoweldgable chap.

Andy's posting is always excellent as well and really enjoy reading them hes been a great addition to the forum.

Spam is / was , well still is.... a pain in the ......... within the Liverpool thread :P but has a great sense of humor and can take stuff you throw back at him in a proper way and the way its ment between rival fans.

He also posts some great stuff around the forum, just not on the LFC thread ;)

Chip - have not seen many of his posts, so could not comment much.

Came on just to vote. ;)

Easy group IMO, Andy's in the top two or three forumers IMO, I challenge anyone to find a misleading or useless post by him.

Wanted to vote for Chip too, but I won't vote when there's no clear choice. That's why the group containing Mark and Guilherme is devoid of a 'Spam vote'.

The votes certainly show the facts and I'm genuinely surprised that the group isn't over already! :P

I have to say i'm chuffed to be in such illustrious company but i reckon a little out of my depth against forum heavyweights such as these.

As Burs said about me, i can only really say the same. We haven't really crossed each other's path. His is a name i obviously have seen around & it is quite clear he is held in high esteem by so many on this forum. I hope our paths do cross in due course.

So it is a straight choice between Spam & Andy.

Very hard decision as both of them bring such a huge amount to this forum.

Both are always so helpful, they have a great depth of knowledge & are so conscientious in what they post, both on their own threads & others.

But just edging it on the sheer variety of threads i see him contribute to, i have voted for Andy.

A pleasure to be part of this & thank you for the appreciative comments.

And for those that (somewhat surprisingly) voted for me, the cheques are in the post!

Voted for Andy, very active forumer, started the great NFL thread (which I shall look forward to even more come next season), his posts are well thought out and not some 'hey-ho' thought. In all a helpful, friendly person. Also has done numerous posts on the Bret Hart thread. :D Much props.

Andy and burs are two people who's posts I enjoy immensely, not to discount the other two who I just haven't had as much interaction with. From the little I've seen of Chip it's obvious he's got a good sense of humour that goes a long way on this sort of place. Spam got a little less militant in general football and was more mellowed as the year went on, which made him a better poster. He's opinionated, which is a good thing, and generally good value.

It's between the first two for me though, they've both got the knack of being opinionated and extremely knowledgeable while maintaining the sort of attitude and posting style that makes me think I'd happily discuss football over a pint or 7 with them. I'm glad that Andy's sailing through because it makes the decision a little easier. burs it is.