4-2-3-1 vs 4-3-3 Wingers ?

Hello,

My next game I will be playing with a 87-rated team which plays 4-3-3 Wingers.

My team has average rating of 90, and the formation I recently use is 4-2-3-1 (won 2 last games with 90-rated teams).

Question is:

Should I play that or change to something that will counter 4-3-3 W in a better way? I've heard opinions that this formation is quite effective against the one I'm playing..

Advices greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

a.

Re: 4-2-3-1 vs 4-3-3 Wingers ?

i would switch to 3 5 2

Wouldn't do that unless the wingers had arrows instructing them to cut inside diagonally, in which case it resembles a standard 4-3-3, and you can use tight marking to neutralize the 3 attackers with your defensive trio.

If it's a 4-3-3 without any arrows, I think you can continue using your 4-2-3-1 against it. :)

Re: 4-2-3-1 vs 4-3-3 Wingers ?

okay :)

my opponent played his last games with 4-3-3 Wingers and the wingers actually HAD those arrow diagonally into the middle..

so I took the advice from @cristianoballotelli and played 3-5-2 before Barracuda's post..

however the guy tried to trick me and played 3-2-2-2-1.

but i was playing at home and he got smashed 4-1 !!! :)

it's getting hot in my division, 2 games to go and the top of the table is even with points - it's going to be a nice end of season :)

thanks a lot m8s!