Forumer's World Cup, Main Event, Group 6.

Forumer's World Cup, Main Event, Group 6.  

1. 1.

Re: Forumer's World Cup, Main Event, Group 6.

dont really come across abdel or burrow, so cant vote for them

for me this group is between 2 of the consistenly excellent forumers - roko7 and johnny c - two people who i'd say should end up in the semis at least, thats how good they are. both guys are smart dudes, you can have a good debate and they come out with really quality posts time after time - very tough.

probably the toughest decision i've taken so far but roko edges it over johnny for me

edit: am amazed at far back roko is at the moment, would have thought he'd be up there

Guest drseanfitz

voted x Burrow x, Abel I have seen a few scouting posts from, and Roko and Johnny, I know both the names, but can't think of why(probably seen them around a lot, but being 32 dementia is kicking in:D)

james however I come across every day, and am always impressed by what he does.

I know I'm bringing up those 3 numbers again, but he was the one who pushed EC106 up to where it is, and is a key player in keeping itup there.

Cheers James, the most deserved vote I'll be giving out this campaign

I went for Roko, I was going to vote for Johnny C but as it looks like he will go through i decided to vote for Roko, my mate from down the road and despite him being a baggies fan it could be worse ( city fan ), his posts are enjoyable to read and he knows his stuff on footy.

Abdel has contributed tons of great threads to the forum aswel so throughly deserves his votes as does Burrows

Roko7 gets my vote

(1) He shamefully (;)) posted HERE that he has no idea who the greatest front man of all time is, and (2) he's an ardent Rafa supporter...but don't hold any of that against him.

He's flat-out the Michael Laudrup of the Forum....just consistently good/great and IMO, the guy's contributions never disappoint.

There is so much content on the Forum, and it's always tough to find where all the really good nuggets are. I know whenever I am reading something and this guy shows up in the conversation that I am doing a pretty good job of finding the quality work on here.

Guest 1CapWonder

This is a quick one for me. James Burrow gets my vote, simply because his work in EC106 is unquestionable, consistent, and unbelievably good.

Usually, I would have a problem voting for someone simply on their 106 work, but this was made easier by the simple fact that I haven't come across the others as much as I would like.

Johnny, I like the way you post. It's detailed, and that's the way I like to do things. However, I have only seen you really on the Liverpool thread, and even then, I really do disagree with a lot of the things you say, even if I don't reply. However, I have no doubts your a great forumer and I have no doubts you'll sail through this round.

Abdel, we have bumped into each other a few times. You frustrated the hell out of me with your views on Lower League Football, and although that has really stuck with me, I think we've put that to one side, and seem to have got on well since. You no doubt sparked controversy then, and I'm sure your scouting work is excellent, although that really is not my area as I disagree with scouting threads. However, I believe you will also go through with Johnny C.

Roko, you have many admirers, including me. If I was to vote away from James, then you would have got my vote. You constantly wade in with really good opinions on the Villa thread, and you have also chipped in a fair bit with my Lower League thread. Although our opinions have differed on many occasions, I think we do share strong opinions and I also really respect the way you speak and take time in posting quality as opposed to quality on this forum. That is very refreshing, I'm always intrigued to read what you have to say.

Though most if not all of James' votes will come from 106 (because that's where he spends ALL his time) I don't think this diminishes the quality he adds to the forum. If this is the way you want FOTY to run, then this is the way it will be run, and those in 106 will appreciate James' efforts in all departments more than anyone else, just like those who visit scouting threads will appreciate Abdel and so on. The logic is the same and this is why I have no shame in giving my full support to James in this vote, even if I don't think he will just have the legs to carry it through alongside the other 3 :o Good luck though mate, you've got my vote :)

Johnny C gets my vote, this guy is an outstanding forumer and the outstanding name on the list for me. His threads are of another class and he is a very intelligent guy. I enjoy reading all his posts and he certainly knows his stuff. Added on top of this is that he is a very friendly guy as well. RoKo7 is another great poster and as Johnny knows a lot about the subject he talks about, but just fell short. Abdel is a great scout and deserves to be mentioned. But this is for the year as a whole and I don't remember a lot of posts from the start of the year.

Excellent bunch of lads here, but I go with James. In my opinion he stands out across the wider forum as the most dedicated individual and under rated forumer you will find. I am of course referring to the 106 thread, which from its conception (by James) he has continued to inspire, motivate and lead by a combination of hard work dedication and amazing innovation. I know its hard for those outside to appreciate 106 or James contribution to it, but regardless of what anyone else may say ,take it from me he is the true life blood of that GW, and has developed it into somewhat of a phenomenon which in terms of quality and popularity (and shamefully without any formal recognition from SM) now stands at the very top of all the match reporting threads. In saying that James is no one trick pony, and his wonderfully insightful posts can be found all over the forum contributing to discussions, helping guys or demonstrating his excellent grasp of the football world. With the greatest respect to the other lads here, i personally feel, it would be a travesty if James Burrow does not figure in the later stages of this excellent competition.

Guest Spleet

I was shocked to see Abdel was not first before my vote.

I am not active enough to know all these guys, but the contributions Abdel makes as a scout should be sufficient to get him very far in this compettion.

I mean, he is the guy responsible for letting us know about Lukaku, Mangala, Lestienne, Carcela, Bolat and so many more.

Beside the contribution from anyone else, Abdel has contributed the most in the most vital part of the game, the one where you actually benefit from in the game.

He is my friend, but I do not vote for him because he is my friend, but because he simply is the best, and I feel some people just vote on their friends to get them to win this, in contrary to vote for the most worthy winner.

Anyhow, good luck Abdel, and if you read this, send me the list of scouts again, I deleted it without knowing.

Dont see much of James or Adbel so only out of 2 people for me.

Johnnys posts always seem to be excellent, seems to know his stuff and not just football, have not had loads of interaction with him other than a silly mistake by myself which put me in his bad books :D , if i wasnt already :o

My vote goes to Roko, same reasons as above really, great poster on loads of the threads I see, always very nice and excellent in debates, really enjoy reading his opinion especially on football.

One of a very few "outsiders" ;) I enjoy being on the LFC thread :P

Guest Abdel Zizi

I was shocked to see Abdel was not first before my vote.

I am not active enough to know all these guys' date=' but the contributions Abdel makes as a scout should be sufficient to get him very far in this compettion.

I mean, he is the guy responsible for letting us know about Lukaku, Mangala, Lestienne, Carcela, Bolat and so many more.

Beside the contribution from anyone else, Abdel has contributed the most in the most vital part of the game, the one where you actually benefit from in the game.

He is my friend, but I do not vote for him because he is my friend, but because he simply is the best, and I feel some people just vote on their friends to get them to win this, in contrary to vote for the most worthy winner.

Anyhow, good luck Abdel, and if you read this, send me the list of scouts again, I deleted it without knowing.[/quote']

Wow spleet, you must really love me:D

It's okay to have a man crush..;)

Guest MR. HAMMER

voted Abdel Zizi top man on top form on soccer manager can not wate to see you pass this with fliying collers i predicat 0 losses all wins

Well, either some bug occured or someone deleted my post (if so, I've also got a hunch who did, but it doesn't matter). Time repost.

This probably has been the only group which I didn't have to think to hard to choose the worthiest one.

Johnny C is one of the most amazing forumers here. He doesn't post much, but whatever he does is class. He's consistent and constructive and it doesn't matter whether it is Liverpool thread, Global warming thread or FOTY awards. He constantly suggest various great improvements and provides lots of great feedback all the time. Superb is pretty much the only word I can use. Sorry for being a spoiler, but Johnny's the one.

It's a shame that I didn't got to talk with him too much as we rarely corss pathes, but Roko7 seems like an amazing addition. From what I've seen, he's very insightful and seems to provide a whole new perspective most of the time. I can only hope that we'll cross paths more often.

I'm kind of ashamed, but I've never even heard of x Burrow x. However, if got it till now, he must a decent lad. Since no one probably reads any of this anyway, now I'm just writing some stuff for no reason at all.

Abdel Zizi is quite different from most of the others. He's a truly amazing scout and usually is able to provide very detailed information about his finds. What is more, he might be a minority in debating usually, but he will stick to his opinion and will usually provide good points to defend it.

Sadly, but there are no prizes who read uptil now and who know, who I voted for.

EDIT: There actually has been more additional information here, but I just can't reproduce it now.

Another tough group this one, as it has three of my favourite posters in there. Johnny C is possibly my favourite guy on the forum. Everything he posts is worth reading, so much so that I often look out for some of his stuff. It's almost as if I'm stalking him! :D But in all seriousness, Johnny is one of the most intelligent, articulate and consistently brilliant posters in our community. He's right up there to win this competition, for me. Roko7 is someone who I could talk about football with all day long. He shows a genuine interest in our great game and provides countless numbers of impressive posts in the general football section. A great debater and someone who you know you can have a good discussion with. x Burrow x, or the artist previously known as James B16, is someone who I rarely get to converse with. I know he's well-respected, not only from the people who speak about him, but from what I have read myself. His inclusion in this competition is a no-brainer, but I'm afraid that I can't consider him amonst this company. Sorry pal! Finally, we come across the fine Belgian, Abdel Zizi. One of the best scouts out there and he's another who you can have a good chat about football with. He will provide you good, well-reasoned, balanced opinions in interesting descussions and debates, whilst not being afraid to stand up for what he believes in. I know he knows it already, but I have a great deal of respect for him.

Anyway, who to cast my vote to... I've held back in this group to see how it's developed and it appears that Abdel and Johnny are in the clear, for now at least. While I could so easily award my vote to one of these two, I simply can't ignore Roko's fantastic contribution to this forum. So Roko gets my vote, but to be honest, whichever two go through, I feel sorry for whoever their opponents may be in the next round.

Good luck to all involved. :)

Roko7 gets my vote

(1) He shamefully (;)) posted HERE that he has no idea who the greatest front man of all time is' date=' and [b'](2)[/b] he's an ardent Rafa supporter...but don't hold any of that against him.

He's flat-out the Michael Laudrup of the Forum....just consistently good/great and IMO, the guy's contributions never disappoint.

There is so much content on the Forum, and it's always tough to find where all the really good nuggets are. I know whenever I am reading something and this guy shows up in the conversation that I am doing a pretty good job of finding the quality work on here.

This malicious rumour needs dispelling, I know who Robert Plant is! ;) I was just being (unnecessarily) picky when he called him Roger in the previous post.

Anyway, I voted Johnny C because he's nothing short of phenomenal. Responsible for probably my favourite thread of the year and seems to have invaded my music collection recently.

Only guys i know here are Johnny and Roko. Johnny is an excellent forumer with very strong views, and brings alot of extra knowledge to the forum. I have learnt a lot about business and financial side of football from his threads. However, i ve only know him for a short time.

So I voted for Roko, who for me, when it comes to talking about football in general, is without doubt one of the top 3 forumers on here. He has a very refined understanding of the game. An educated and intuitive thinker, his views on the sport dont just make sense, they are often intrinsically and ideologically correct. plus, he is willing to adapt and accept new ideas, which makes him all the more impressive.