English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

On the day of the Barca-Man. United champions league final Ryan Giggs is the key man, as both Giggs and Ryazantsev found the net helping me to a vital 2-1 win away to Millwall. The impact from recentley returning Rafael Da Silva and Mikel Arteta probably gave me the impact needed for the win.

But i'm only up one place to 8th, which is certainly dissapointing but it's getting very tight up the top:

3rd. Hull City - 32 points

4th. Manchester United - 31 points

5th. Shrewsbury Town - 31 points

6th. Brighton & Hove Albion - 30 points

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

7th. Peterborough United - 30 points

8th. Swansea City - 30 points

It is very tight at the top, just one win seperating 8th from 3rd, so i know although my league position is satisfactory the potential to get into the play-offs is certainly there.

I know face Watford at home, and it'll certainly be a game that i'll be looking to win. Watford aren't bad, but there never going to be a side looking towards the top half of the table at this rate and i should be beating them at home :)

Tom is unable to sell players for cash only as he'd go under 21 players. You've obviously not looked into it enough B)

Ah sake' date=' I made a massive typing error.

Tom, don't patronise me!

Tom, countered me 17m and Nolito, so don't pretend you have no knowledge of the deal you asked for, when I have proof.

Got a decent 1-1 draw with Jooles' Palace, well played fella.[/font']

You've got to be joking me Tom!

You PM'd me last week' date=' offering me Lukaku for £17m and Lukaku, and then you ignore, deny along with many other things regarding it. I still have the PM with the counter.

Anyway, I got fed up with being screwd around, so I've bought Flores Flores for a bargain price of £8.5m.[/font']

17m!:eek:

I had an offer of 19.9m plus a low rated player to tackle the squad size rule, placed for about 3 weeks and still didn't get a response. Changed my bid but still nothing so I'm giving up.

Big game tonight needed to come back strong after last week's loss and Mr Klose yet again scoring his 11th of the season in a fine 2-0 away win for my side :). Silvio of Hartlepool also got in on the scoring bagging an own goal in the second half.

Well the result keeps me in 2nd place but the gap has extended back to 4 points which is very comforting ;), next up a fairly routine tie against midtable cannon fodder in Coventry who haven't won in 4 games. :)

A 4-1 win against Sunderland takes West Ham to second in the Premier League, ahead of Rob's Preston on GD. It's still early in the season but I can't see anyone catching Arsenal, so the target is staying in the top four. Would be very happy with that after narrowly missing out on it last year. :)

Finally, remembered my tactics which I used last year where we finished 3rd and boy they have worked for me tonight, a nice 4:1 victory at home for us against Hereford, Negredo and Toquero both getting 2 goals, that's 22 goals between the pair of them this seaosn in the division.

2 points behind 6th, 4 points behind 5th also with GILLINGHAM away next. YAY!! :P

Dom will be missed. Especially with him being the sponsor of the previews although I have been unable to do them for the last few weeks. Apologies.

EDIT: @Hayden - Great, thanks...

Arsenal get a very good 2-0 win over Portsmouth thanks to goals from Busquets and Torres :) We increase our lead at the top of the table so it was a good night for us overall. We've got 2nd placed West Ham in the 4th round of the cup on Monday, hoping to make a bit of progress in the cup too.

Jenks should try getting the chelsea job irl' date=' hes getting the best out of torres lol, his best season in sm, and only 17 games gone in the league..[/quote']

Haha, 17 goals in 17 games isn't a bad start. I could do with the money though, so if anybody has got Roman's number, feel free to send me a PM :P

Look ok lets get this sorted out then its done then....

Everone make your best bids now for Lukaku - I am looking for 2 players in return not 1 not 0 - I need 2 and maybe a bit of cash if they are 2 youngsters rated 80ish.

I'll wait till everyone interested has made a bid and then ill accept the best bid.

Look ok lets get this sorted out then its done then....

Everone make your best bids now for Lukaku - I am looking for 2 players in return not 1 not 0 - I need 2 and maybe a bit of cash if they are 2 youngsters rated 80ish.

I'll wait till everyone interested has made a bid and then ill accept the best bid.

So you'd seriously consider accepting 2 80ish rated youngsters and cash for Lukaku? :o I'd at least give yourself a bit of leeway and say you'll accept the best bid you deem to be a suitable offer...

Manchester City looking to do some deals got a number of players available for both loan and for sale:

Ricardo Batista (80) GK - Loan

Nivaldo Jardel (85) CB - Loan

Claudiano Kaka (84) CB - Loan

Líder Marmol (82) CB - Loan

Valmir Lucas (80) CB - Loan

Aparecido Naldo (90) CB - Looking for a P/E deal

Esteban Cambiasso (95) CM/DM - Looking for a deal that involves a replacement and a winger.

Josh McEachran (80) CM/LM - Loan

Idrissa Gueye (80) DM/CM - Loan

Marko Vesovic (82) Wing/AM - Looking for a cash deal around £4m or going external

Julio Nava (82) AM/Wing - Loan

Might listen to offers for other players as well but they would have to be extremely good offers.