English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

I don't know how that happened' date=' looks like the match engine wanted me to win the cup this year, in the league, my team have been awful!

Europe here we come :D[/quote']

Thanks for all the good wishes, I hope relegation isn't on the cards, but 9 games left and 7 points from safety it's looking dodgy :(

Portsmouth have made the quarter finals of the Champions Cup after a 2-2 draw last night with Wolfsburg which saw us progress 5-4 on aggregate.:D We play Fiorentina in the next round.

Well done to the other English teams who also made it through.

Beat Athletico Madrid 3-1 last night so progress 5-3 on the agg , pretty pleased with that although i'm not happy with the draw as it sees me up against Adam's Manchester City. Why not Genoa or Bayern SM? everyone else got a nice easy external tie :( Hoping my far inferior team can cause a shock!

Also now have a nice round figure to play with so can offer up to £10,7m for a player preferably a center back 89+ and would be willing to use Squalacci in the deal if the player is 91+ and under 30 ...

Hey guys,

Haven't posted in here for a long while, but just wanted to say that at the end of the season I will quit QPR. Going into my junior year of college, and being active in numerous extracurricular activities and such, I just won't have time to manage more than 5-6 SM teams, if even that. So QPR and Ipswich in 7345 will be the ones to go.

I think I've done alot of good work for this team, bringing in 3 89s and a 91 in one of the toughest leagues on SM, and having a higher win % than the previous manager. And we're on track to finish somewhere between 10th-12th in the league, so all in all, I've done a fairly solid job with QPR.

After a great run, the bloody team now decides to lose two on the bounce and thus sending us down to 3rd place as well as Lukovic getting injured and Ujfalusi getting sent off :mad: Really do not want to lose this lead I have in the top 3 at this stage of the season, need that top 2 spot as I hate the playoffs, hopefully we can perform a little better in the last stretch of the season or that good run would've been for nothing :o

Lovely day at the office for Brighton as a 4-1 win over Watford sees me stat in the play offs. Still got me eye on jinx's auto promo spot' date=' but [b']anyone else notice man united sneaking up the table? Hmmmm[/b]

United pah :rolleyes:

Its the little boys from Dagenham you wanna watch out for! B) A brilliant 3-2 win against playoff hopefulls southend incidently gaining my teams 13th point out of a possible 15 in recent games propels us up to 43 points only a mere 7 points away from the playoffs with 8 games to go :eek:

Three back to back promotions anybody? ;)

United pah :rolleyes:

Its the little boys from Dagenham you wanna watch out for! B) A brilliant 3-2 win against playoff hopefulls southend incidently gaining my teams 13th point out of a possible 15 in recent games propels us up to 43 points only a mere 7 points away from the playoffs with 8 games to go :eek:

Three back to back promotions anybody? ;)

Sorry but you got me next and I'm in no mood for dropping points :)

Well i guess your going to be an unhappy bunny after our next match then :)

Look forward to it. you have done nothing short of a cracking job mate, but having just missed out on a playoff spot and potential third consecutive promotion myself I'm determined to get to the golden goose of the first division this time round, should be a cracking game!

Lovely day at the office for Brighton as a 4-1 win over Watford sees me stat in the play offs. Still got me eye on jinx's auto promo spot' date=' but anyone else notice man united sneaking up the table? Hmmmm[/quote']

Avert your eyes, Ed. ;) Nice win though!

Shrewsbury win 3-2 against Coventry after going behind 2-0 in the first 16 minutes. Inler brought one back and in absence of Hoarau up front, Park grabbed a brace.

In other news Shrewsbury have an offer for Matias Silvestre accepted. One of THE best defenders in Serie A last season (perhaps 2nd best after Thiago Silva) and certain to leave Catania for a bigger club this transfer window.

Another defeat for Peterborough making it 5 games without a win. We remain 9th and although that's still a healthy and safe position its just a real shame that we blow up at the worst possible moments, against sides we (no offence) should probably be beating. Hopefully some of the younger players in the side pull through over the next year or so, and then maybe we can push for division one.

Bring in Nilmar to push for promotion and it doesn't work. The guy eats up all my wages and can't score. Think sending Ricky van Wolfswinkel back might be my biggest regret come the end of the season.

This may sound like im resigned to promotion, but we're only 4 points off Manchester United, level on points with Swansea and its still all to play for. Should turn out to be a fantastic end of the season.

9 man Manchester City come from 2-0 down to beat Sunderland 3-2 with two of my three defenders seeing red and Robinho getting a three week injury.

Looking to do some deals, looking for mainly a left back but if the right player becomes available I will be willing to do a deal, just message me if your interested.