English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Bolton Wanderers finish the season with a 0-0 draw against Blackburn. Congratulations to all those Champions , Promoted or in the play offs and commiseration to those who have been relegated!

Season One

Division One - 8th (56 points)

Shield - Winners

Cup - 3rd round

Season Two

Division One – 11th (53 points)

Shield - 4th round

Cup – Semi Finalist

SMFA Shield – Group Stages

Season Three

Division One - 3rd (66 points)

Shield - 4th round

Cup - 2nd round

SMFA Shield – Runners Up

Season Four

Division One - 9th (54 points)

Shield - 2nd round

Cup - 3rd round

SMFA Cup – Quarter Finals

Games in charge – 204

Cant wait for next season now!

Liverpool have finished Fourth in Division 1.
Liverpool have been awarded £5,984,944 in prize money.

More money than I thought I would get, my pre season transfer plans are to bring in a young goalkeeper and a central midfielder. I am also looking to develop the youth system at Anfield (it is rather poor at the moment) but other than that I'm pretty happy with the team:)

Leyton Orient have finished Ninth in Division 4.

After a 2-1 loss to barnet tonight another poor season by my lads.

Leyton Orient have been awarded £799,640 in prize money.

Still miles in the red will be selling a few players in the coming days including Heskey who picked up a six week injury today :o

Hopefully we can get a play off spot next season but I'm holding out for a decent job offer :P

Peterborough 2 Watford 1

Peterborough come from a goal down to defeat Watford 2-1 at London Road. Shane Long and Aaron Ramsey put the home side in the lead after Christian Trasch put the away side ahead on 57 minutes.

So Peterborough finish seventh in what turned out to be the best season for us in 5579 history. Hopefully we can go that extra step next season with one, possibly two new faces with the cash we've picked up. Already agreed my three loans ahead of next season but if anybody have anyone 88+ for sale, preferably a striker let me know. Thanks. :)

Let the Party Begin!

Considering with 3 games to go we were 6 points behind Crewe who were in 6th we just beat Burton Albion to 6th by 10 goals.

Northampton are in the play-offs for the 4th time in 4 seasons! Maybe 4 times lucky?

I doubt it, we face Notts County away on Friday but we're happy to have finished the season in play-offs. I've gotta admit I got very lucky tonight.

Results of teams in contention for 6th:

Crewe (8th) 0-0 (3rd) Notts County

Burton (7th) 3-3 (5th) Stockport

Yeovil (14th) 2-2 (6th) Northampton

Barnet (17th) 2-1 (9th) Leyton

Oldham 4-1 Forest:D

Finally promoted as champions. Could so easily have been a repeat of last seasons bottle job

Feel for Forest though. Very cruelly down to 3rd after a turnaround of 6 goals:eek:

Congrats, i was tempted to play defensive but if i had done that and lost by the same scoreline i'd feel even worse.

The dream of saving Forest from relegation last season and getting them promoted this season is not quite dead yet, although i don't think i've ever gone up after finishing third.....i'm blaming SM for choosing to drop Zyranov -1 ahead of such an important game :o:rolleyes:

After an awful season in the league where Bradford have been staring relegation in the face we finally found some form thanks to a bit of wheeling and dealing in the transfer market. The first XI finally manage to produce some form, with 4 wins from the last 6 games leaving us finishing in the coveted 17th spot, staying up on goal difference ahead of Ipswich.

Anyone that is online now (or reads this relatively shortly after) have defenders that they can sell for cash? I need them soon so they can be here by the play-offs, which start tomorrow! :eek:

Reply to this post or leave me a PM/VM if you do, thanks. :)

I do hope no one is looking at short term loans for the playoffs, as happens in other GW's. Be a real shame to achieve promotion thanks to a short term steriod induction to the team that got you to within a sniff of promotion wouldnt it.

Pavel POGREBNYAK age 27 rated 88 forward who has been linked with a move to England from stuttgart can leave for a very good cash deal ,but part ex for another forward preffered.

Rather deflated today after misiing the play off by 1 piont.Bring on next season,plan to get rid of up to 7 players and get stop the weekly loses.

I do hope no one is looking at short term loans for the playoffs' date=' as happens in other GW's. Be a real shame to achieve promotion thanks to a short term steriod induction to the team that got you to within a sniff of promotion wouldnt it.[/quote']

I just want to echo this sentiment. Portsmouth will not be loaning anyone out during this stage of the season and I hope no one on either side of the fence is thinking about it either.

The following players can leave Manchester City:

Cambiasso (95)

Lampard (94)

Lucio (94)

Lisandro (92)

Cassano (91)

Bruno Alves (91)

Iraola (90)

Danny (90)

Flamini (90)

Turan (90)

Lichaj (82) - Cash

Carlos Eduardo (89)

Koval (84) - Cash

Message me if your interested :)

Just want to give this a little bump :) Also anyone got anyone for sale for cash got plenty to offer :)

Just want to give this a little bump :) Also anyone got anyone for sale for cash got plenty to offer :)

Any deals with Brighton in there? Would love a 2 for 1 for Van Der Vaart, but have a look at the squad and let me know Adam (sure we've been here before!:rolleyes::D)

I do hope no one is looking at short term loans for the playoffs' date=' as happens in other GW's. Be a real shame to achieve promotion thanks to a short term steriod induction to the team that got you to within a sniff of promotion wouldnt it.[/quote']

I'm happy with that as long as it's the same rule for all and no old-pals-act shenanigans going on.

I did offer to take a couple of lower-rated players on loan who would've merely been back-up (both offers rejected which is fine by me) but i guess the real annoyance is when folk start loaning in players rated 89+ etc :rolleyes:

Still gutted by the way :(